AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 24.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 15.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-16, 11:19   Link #61
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
LOL...the Selvaria vs Alicia fight.
Seriously like a spartan version of Bleach(to be more precise the Zaraki vs. Ichigo fight)
And then we have a Mayin-Vegita style finish...and a ragnite nuke. Man this was somehow wrong to me.
I hoped Selvaria would survive or at least they reveal a much better backstory.
At the very least we know why Maximillian wasn't as interested in her. Afterall she was probably the product of some kind of experiment or at least the subject of some kind of Valkyur enchantment.
Anyways...Welkin is sure still weak as a character. He's somehow really different from his game version(actually it's same to every character).
Old 2009-09-16, 11:44   Link #62
KariOhki

Well, there goes the nuke. Thank you Selvie, you provided us with much fanservice *salute*
In the end, the chibi flashback plotpoint really didn't add much to the story, it was just...there. And that's probably a good thing.
Yes, that was some DBZ-type fighting there. I think Alicia hit SSJ3.
Cordelia gets her awesome points in this episode because of her reveal, finally.

So next ep, I wonder how much fighting there will be, or if it'll all be talking on how to blow up that giant tank-fortress.
Old 2009-09-16, 13:57   Link #63
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexich View Post
Remember, most the regular army is near Alicia VS Selveria battlefield. And promptly got nuked.
At the same time, Maximillian asks for peace treaty, being on his way to Gallian capital. They can't exactly stop him. Moreover, his landcrawler was top secret, they weren't expecting it.
Not only this is a mistake made by General Damon but also of the Military security department. Just think about when you have a big fat tank just standing somewhere a few kilometers away from your capital city. There definetely went something wrong. And a big tank like that makes noises like an earthquake.
Old 2009-09-16, 14:24   Link #64
CheezeRaider

this eps was entertaining. no need to shot holes in it... but

I never liked DBZ.. half the show was made up of screaming and charging up
a bit annoyed LOL.
Old 2009-09-16, 14:26   Link #65
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
How sad it was. However, it's a great serie and Maximilian is nice overall.
Old 2009-09-16, 15:19   Link #66
'Pryde
I am better than you

maximillian is awsome kind of reminds me of griffith
Old 2009-09-16, 17:51   Link #67
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
maximillian is awsome kind of reminds me of griffith
I giggle every time I hear Maxi's voice. It's just not a good idea to use Lelouch's voice actor for his role. It's like seeing Agent Smith from the Matrix as the elf guy in Lord of the Rings. MR ANDERSONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Old 2009-09-16, 19:10   Link #68
ThoHell

YESSSSSSSSSS! You have no idea how happy I am that that fat commander has finally bit the dust. It was just ridiculous with someone like him and all those that accompanied him. Best part of this entire series so far...
Old 2009-09-16, 19:39   Link #69
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Cordelia is my favorite after Isara. With out her wig it's like the two combined o.o
I still like the wig look on Cordelia too though >< I don't know which is better!!
I miss Isara
Old 2009-09-16, 20:36   Link #70
KariOhki

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
I miss Isara
Me too She's my favorite
Old 2009-09-16, 22:29   Link #71
Illieas

wow some had a massive fail at the spot check. seriously the thing is like 10 stories high and 4 football fields big. and welkin and co can't see such a massive tank from the mountains.

oh well seems like they can end it in 2 episodes now. but they cut out the two major things from the game that makes me sad.
Old 2009-09-17, 00:03   Link #72
durack

Well, what can I say, the events in the game were more logical as usual, then again, what else is new.
Old 2009-09-17, 03:33   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
Cordelia is my favorite after Isara. With out her wig it's like the two combined o.o
I still like the wig look on Cordelia too though >< I don't know which is better!!
I miss Isara
Darcsen Cordelia is easily my favorite, though i just have a thing for the Darcsen hair.

The wig is still a bit silly, though it's better then having here wearing the silly head piece for most of the series.
Old 2009-09-17, 06:38   Link #74
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illieas View Post
wow some had a massive fail at the spot check. seriously the thing is like 10 stories high and 4 football fields big. and welkin and co can't see such a massive tank from the mountains.
I'd have to go with the sun was in my eyes...
Old 2009-09-17, 08:54   Link #75
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This episode did not give me the emotional impact i was hoping for. Alicia and Selveria remembering each other was pointless nothing actually came of it. Their fight was also very underwhelming. Alicia just went with the motions and whined A LOT and Selveria came out swinging like mad women. Even the animation looked weird during their fight.

Selveria's emotions towards Maximillion was pitiful and he proved to be even more of jack ass then i previously thought "a shame she still had her uses" i cant wait to see this guy fall however lackie #1 took a bullet for blocking his path (he could have just walked around him lol). I guess i could say love leaves us blind and makes us do stupid things blowing ourselves up. Selveria's character could have been done sooooooo much better. I don't like how she just ends up being cannon fodder and then self nukes the entire area. The only good thing about the explosion were those pompous douche bag generals got caught in it.

Squad 7 continues to do a lot of talking

Looks like Welkin finally got a pair go get her tiger. That's if you can get pass the invasion force destroying the city, get pass Maxie-sama and manage to find Alicia amidst the rumble in the creator that use to be a battlefield watch out for body parts

Faldio go on vaca? I'd need a vacation too if i failed at everything i do.

The best part of this episode was the queen spilling the beans about her heritage shes a Darcsen that actually got me i had no idea. But what i enjoyed the most was Maxie's face he looked he needed to take a dump but couldn't quite decide if he had to go at that moment or if he could hold it.

Im hoping to get some backround on how this came to be especially with the Darcsens being hated by majority of the country. Please dont let it be a lame explanation either. Seeing her made me think of how i still think they killed the best character in the series

7/10

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-09-17 at 09:12.
Old 2009-09-17, 10:32   Link #76
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Maybe Selveria is alive...
Old 2009-09-17, 10:36   Link #77
klare

so many logics fail in this series so i will not mention anymore

my second favourite character after Isara died too, left with Welkin but he seems to be progressing in turtle speed

those scientists from the experiment years ago choosed Selvaria over Alicia, how wrong were they...
Old 2009-09-17, 11:06   Link #78
MagicHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post

Cons
1)Damon died..... (Made an avatar of him just in case anyone wants to pay tribute.)

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
And as for Selvaria's end, I agree with golthin. It was one helluva way to go down fighting.

I feel the anime did a bit better in some ways than the game at Selvaria's death. Sure, the DBZ bit was a tad corny (not that I'm complaining, I loved that show as a kid), but the rest of the fight was simply a feast for the eyes. Heck, I plan to incorporate a similar fight into one of my Lone Wulf chapters.
The fight was excellent, also liked that they offered more of a glimpse into her shockingly underdone past as well, but I felt the game death was better. The animie one wasn't bad or anything, still felt sad but
Spoiler for game spoiler:

The whole tank hiding in woods thing was just silly and would love to hear the explanation for that. The meeting, while I prefer the game's longer explanation, execution of Borg and Maximilian's calm reaction (then again, the animie writers may be showing more sense with a more explosive commander over the long term), was still decent and liked the distrust on both sides.

Overall, a good but not great episode.
Old 2009-09-17, 13:16   Link #79
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Watching the episode now, finally...

They kinda rushed the scene with Cordellia showing her true bloodline, but at least they kept it. That was one of the best moments of the game.

And.... the Marmota is totally at the gates in record time. Wow. Squad 7 went from base to standing beside the Marmota like they were going to borrow sugar from the neighbors.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-09-17, 15:07   Link #80
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

Spoiler:

Oops, sorry Faldio is still busy with crying....try asking later.

Fail-dio:
Because real men cry with pride