AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-13, 07:21   Link #201
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Well, Kawalan was the word I was looking for though. I felt that an English name didn't feel local enough, or else I would have opted for Centurion.
Vanda? The name of the national flower?

Quote:
Not very long, about 30 mins and affecting skin and only some tissues underneath it. It can't annul say a bullet wound or a sword stab
I think that should be enough. It is meant for escape anyway, so the muscles are often overtaxed by the exoskeleton to the extent that it causes serious agony. 30 minutes should be enough.

Since it is only skin and tissue, I think I might need something stronger that will kill muscle pain too.

Quote:
Heh... About messing with the neurology, I'd say that's easily handled by the IS Field. What I'm doing is handwaving it off, because nothing in modern science can kill pain like ketamine can.
The problem is that ketamine is a controlled drug, and it initially used as a painkiller for horses. I wonder if it will actually work with human beings without killing them.

Quote:
That SBO weapon appears on the roster, but it gets ditched the moment GATTAI happens as its in the way (like the missiles on the Impulse Gundam's core fighter XD).

Ah heck it, lets just go STRIKE WITCHES and lug around MGs while in school uniform as though they are assault rifles. IS-STRENGTH HO!!
Good idea. That is one way of badassery and moe combined!

Quote:
...I think I know what's going on, but translation please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Pettan! Pettan! Tsuru pettan!

"Watashi wa pettan nai!!" >.<
How often does one create a character that will end up killing him one day?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 07:39   Link #202
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Vanda? The name of the national flower?
And then the joke about "flower troops" (read that in Chinese) will never end.

Vandam-Joaqium is the name of an Armored Stratos I was introducing in the next post so... going to need something else. Maybe I should try latin for the Singapore Squirrel.

Quote:
I think that should be enough. It is meant for escape anyway, so the muscles are often overtaxed by the exoskeleton to the extent that it causes serious agony. 30 minutes should be enough.

Since it is only skin and tissue, I think I might need something stronger that will kill muscle pain too.
Oh I see. Intramuscular oxycodone is fine, just need to do it at the neck (knocks pain out from the whole body for 4 hours). The amount of adrenaline which would result in such a move should keep respiration up and she won't pass out. Also, I forgot that a dose appropriate to Rachel could be calibrated beforehand thus avoiding the side effects.

Quote:
The problem is that ketamine is a controlled drug, and it initially used as a painkiller for horses. I wonder if it will actually work with human beings without killing them.
You'll be surprised how often its used in disaster areas and solo operations, when good anaesthetists are hard to get.

Quote:
Good idea. That is one way of badassery and moe combined!
Let's do it!

Quote:
How often does one create a character that will end up killing him one day?
*is still running from Karon for spoiling the route into her cold heart!!*

Old 2011-02-13, 07:59   Link #203
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
Meanwhile, Malaysia, no longer a part of the ASEAN foundation celebrated on their first diesel engined aircraft carrier.
Sorry, I just couldn't imagine my country actually up to date with their military tech.
The last 'upgrade' we got to our arsenal was our one (and only) diesel engine submarine.
That fails to submerge?

Well I couldn't say much for the RSN stuff as well, but it is simply political posturing that only we citizens (on the Singapore side, the NSmen) at the ground level know, and reek at the idea of politicians waggling their balls at each other to look good.

We could create military equipment for both ends just to make the politicians look stupid. How about a palm-oil fuelled aircraft carrier? And the Malaysian IS squadrons are tightly controlled by their government and are put at a lower priority than regular jet squadrons for supplies, but showed their worth during an attack by the regional rogue IS-es with Dominion modules?

Quote:
And then the joke about "flower troops" (read that in Chinese) will never end.

Vandam-Joaqium is the name of an Armored Stratos I was introducing in the next post so... going to need something else. Maybe I should try latin for the Singapore Squirrel.
Try the Big-4 languages, English, Chinese, Malay, Tamil. Mix them around......you should be able to get something.

That is how I named Kari's IS anyway. Think in English, then translate.

Quote:
Oh I see. Intramuscular oxycodone is fine, just need to do it at the neck (knocks pain out from the whole body for 4 hours). The amount of adrenaline which would result in such a move should keep respiration up and she won't pass out. Also, I forgot that a dose appropriate to Rachel could be calibrated beforehand thus avoiding the side effects.

You'll be surprised how often its used in disaster areas and solo operations, when good anaesthetists are hard to get.
I am adding another character soon after I am done with a template, namely Rachel's handler (more of a caretaker since that girl is so stubborn when it comes to application of rules).

The dose is always dependent on the metabolism if I am not wrong. There is another med student on the forums (Meotwister).....maybe we could drop this on him?

Quote:
Let's do it!
HELL YES.

Quote:
Hmm... Karon is about Rin's size, so when its bath time... >.>
I thought Karon is flat too.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-02-13, 08:12   Link #204
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Spoiler for Philippine Representative 1: Maria Antonia Estevez:

Last edited by Saint X; 2011-02-13 at 14:23.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 08:45   Link #205
Dragonkid11
A random-man

I was about to make a fan character...then it hit me
Does mass production IS has the same capabilities core IS has?
Except the closed form,does the weapon also store in matrix form,and does the bullet never run out for the sake of dakka?

oh and something off-topic...
Malaysia's submarine is diesel-powered?That's sounds like real ancient stuff...but it's not like we can even own a something made with nuclear components...

Last edited by Dragonkid11; 2011-02-13 at 09:11.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 08:53   Link #206
John117xCortana

Dragonkid11, our nation isn't exactly fond of nuclear technology. It may be diesel powered and the method may be ancient but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Edward won't really be too fond of Laura early on though.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 09:18   Link #207
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Try the Big-4 languages, English, Chinese, Malay, Tamil. Mix them around......you should be able to get something.

That is how I named Kari's IS anyway. Think in English, then translate.
Its now Askar Battle Armor. (Warrior in Malay.)

Quote:
I am adding another character soon after I am done with a template, namely Rachel's handler (more of a caretaker since that girl is so stubborn when it comes to application of rules).
...she brought a phillipino maid to school...? *shot*

Quote:
The dose is always dependent on the metabolism if I am not wrong. There is another med student on the forums (Meotwister).....maybe we could drop this on him?
Drug metabolism doesn't change much, even when you dump tons of adrenaline on it for a few hours. It only applies over long term, so I think calibrating a dose beforehand that doesn't cause symptoms would be fine. Also, sfx only occur 30% of the time in Asian people (its a long explanation, but Americans have less), so we can also handwave it as Rachel's the lucky 70%.

But feel free to consult Meo. I know I did when I was discussing with him the anatomy of a eviscerated Witch from Umineko. XD

Quote:
I thought Karon is flat too.
*checks profile*

Hmm...

Karon: ...B is not flat! It's not flat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for Philippine Representative 1: Maria Antonia Estevez:
Good luck with staying sane.

About time someone approached from the "Lost in Big Town" angle.
Old 2011-02-13, 09:28   Link #208
John117xCortana

Actually 'Askar' is soldier. 'Pahlawan' is warrior.

BTW, how would Laura react when Edward gives her the 'Roy thousand yard stare' ? The stare that Roy gives to Lust when he delivered the final blow I mean.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 09:53   Link #209
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Its now Askar Battle Armor. (Warrior in Malay.)
Askari, with an additional "i" is the correct spelling. Though it sounds quite malay to me....

How about Stalwart? Steadfast? I know the RSN has pretty cool names for their ships (though about the internal components.....you know ).

Quote:
...she brought a phillipino maid to school...? *shot*
More like an assigned bodyguard by the local embassy.....besides it is established that he wears a stripped down and compacted recon exoskeleton (which the Antelope Pack is derived from) under his formal suit.

And he is like a combat butler, can cook, engineer, fight and most importantly, handle a cold-tempered girl like her.

Quote:
Drug metabolism doesn't change much, even when you dump tons of adrenaline on it for a few hours. It only applies over long term, so I think calibrating a dose beforehand that doesn't cause symptoms would be fine. Also, sfx only occur 30% of the time in Asian people (its a long explanation, but Americans have less), so we can also handwave it as Rachel's the lucky 70%.

But feel free to consult Meo. I know I did when I was discussing with him the anatomy of a eviscerated Witch from Umineko. XD
I think I added the side effect of the solution will cause temporary disorientation, so I think we should be all good.

Since the autoinjector comes from the recon exoskeleton, I think it is a good idea that we test the idea out on Rachel's handler first.

Quote:
*checks profile*

Hmm...

Being a genki girl I thought she might take it in stride that being flat is a moe point, and that "I can run around all I want without two blobs of fat and muscle on my chest bouncing about".

Quote:
Good luck with staying sane.

About time someone approached from the "Lost in Big Town" angle.
Sounds like Isumi from Hayate No Gotoku. Always lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
I was about to make a fan character...then it hit me
Does mass production IS has the same capabilities core IS has?
Except the closed form,does the weapon also store in matrix form,and does the bullet never run out for the sake of dakka?

oh and something off-topic...
Malaysia's submarine is diesel-powered?That's sounds like real ancient stuff...but it's not like we can even own a something made with nuclear components...
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Dragonkid11, our nation isn't exactly fond of nuclear technology. It may be diesel powered and the method may be ancient but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Edward won't really be too fond of Laura early on though.
Oil isn't going to last forever. Not at least in the next 50 years. So maybe a palm oil fuelled carrier?

Unless you are telling me about diesel-electric sub....that one uses a certain kind of technology to reduce electricity consumption by the submarine. But still, I don't see why there isn't a way for a Malaysian IS to make its way into the Japan IS Academy - there are always loopholes in the future when events occur.

Old 2011-02-13, 11:07   Link #210
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Aaah... I was talking about voice range.

I was thinking if she'd stand up to a rather arrogant 2nd year senior armed with a personal IS who is telling off a 1st year for bumping into her. That earns her some of that senior's wrath for being told by the weak.

The lack of power of the 2 training IS users attracts Karon to step in, and when the senior gets violent:
Spoiler for Sneak peak:
It is to set up a duel (and friendship through firepower) for later.

I like it.

Quote:

Erika: "Don't worry, they're still growing! I also heard that massaging them with milk helps!"

Alright. I did say I'm working on two characters, so here Nr. 2
I thought maybe a villian might be not a bad idea, so I made a bad guy.

"Reaper"

It's not his 100% Profile, only what most people know about him. We want the bad guys to be a little mysterious for a while, won't we?
Oh, and the somewhat resemblence to Ichika was intentional
To bad Jun Fukuyama is already taken... well Akira Ishida or Takahiro Sakurai would also fit him. Not quit sure yet.
Old 2011-02-13, 12:03   Link #211
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Alright. I did say I'm working on two characters, so here Nr. 2
I thought maybe a villian might be not a bad idea, so I made a bad guy.

"Reaper"

It's not his 100% Profile, only what most people know about him. We want the bad guys to be a little mysterious for a while, won't we?
Oh, and the somewhat resemblence to Ichika was intentional
To bad Jun Fukuyama is already taken... well Akira Ishida or Takahiro Sakurai would also fit him. Not quit sure yet.
Now I want to make a bad guy codenamed Harbinger, with a specialization in hacking.

"I am assuming direct control."

Maybe he could use those unmanned drone-IS for that... No flying it like a pilot, but controlling them from a distance.

Hmm...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:54   Link #212
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Now I want to make a bad guy codenamed Harbinger, with a specialization in hacking.

Maybe he could use those unmanned drone-IS for that... No flying it like a pilot, but controlling them from a distance.

Hmm...
Well I did want to call him Saren first but realizing that this was an Australian name for women I dropped that, but I'm not very happy with Reaper myself... it's a little uninspired. Maybe I just give him the same Codename as the IS.

And a hacking/controller IS is quit a nice idea. Maybe you could make Harbinger a woman named Saren. then we even could use the famous "You are not Saren." quote when the heros accidentialy contact him. xD
Old 2011-02-13, 13:39   Link #213
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Hmm...
Well we could make him the "real big bad guy" behind all the unmanned IS-es. When he subverts all the control of the "surface bad guy" onto himself and takes control over the unmanned IS-es.

Btw, don't mind if I put Helena in the same room with a Korean bishoujo?

Spoiler for new character:

Old 2011-02-13, 14:53   Link #214
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

So now... all my three characters portraits have been brushed and polished (redid Alex's Background, Personality, and Chronological Appearance Sections)! Fixed the final description for every single mecha (yes, the girls pilots the two unknown IS I posted earlier).

Spoiler for First, we have our very famous Alex Hikari::

Spoiler for Then, we have his sister, Haruka Hikari:

Spoiler for And we have their dear precious friend, Sarah Delavalliere!:

Will be adding a third fan-fic of their arrival at the school...
I think you might enjoy those two new girls... although I reckon they do arrive a bit late (just Houki gets her better IS, which should be around 2 or 3 episodes away in the anime).

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral
Hmmm... this looks like the bad guy version of Alex... XD
Hell, even their mechs share the similarity of being able to stealth.
Perhaps the words "Great minds think alike" would rather fit here?

Also, for anyone including my chars in the fan-fic, do not use them as everyday battle pilots. They pilot very high power experimental designs, so they shouldn't appear much (or Alex limited to his trainer IS), unless the enemy is very powerful. (well, this specifically applies for Belial, the girls posses less powerful ISes (they're 3rd gen... so...)

Basically, having a personal IS shouldn't matter much as they arrive AFTER that line has been said I guess.

Which brings me to the updated OC Character List! *Not sure I added everyone in there. If there's a missing character, just tell me.*

Spoiler for Cannon Universe OC List:

Edit: Third Side Story of mine concerning the girl's introduction should come in the week.
Well, authors, use my chars at your discretion.
*Meister and others... feel free to ship the girls with some other people or with Alex himself if you want, although... sis and brocon? *
Old 2011-02-13, 15:18   Link #215
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well we could make him the "real big bad guy" behind all the unmanned IS-es. When he subverts all the control of the "surface bad guy" onto himself and takes control over the unmanned IS-es.

Btw, don't mind if I put Helena in the same room with a Korean bishoujo?
I'm holding of on that until we find out who is behind that in the series. But she could be allied to those guys, depending on who they are. If all else fails, I could always make a different faction.

As for Helena's roommate, not at all. In fact, it works for me as well.

Quote:
Well I did want to call him Saren first but realizing that this was an Australian name for women I dropped that, but I'm not very happy with Reaper myself... it's a little uninspired. Maybe I just give him the same Codename as the IS.

And a hacking/controller IS is quit a nice idea. Maybe you could make Harbinger a woman named Saren. then we even could use the famous "You are not Saren." quote when the heros accidentialy contact him. xD
And with two voices, one normal voice, and another cybernatically altered 'Harbinger' voice. And as a woman, she can pilot an IS without suspicion, which makes her a perfect infiltrator to the academy. Of course, she'd keep a low profile, so she doesn't have a personal IS.

*dives of to search for good images*
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 19:00   Link #216
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hospital rotations start now, so I'll be posting a lot slower... Apologies if I miss some of your posts. This was made from my phone. Hopefully this hospital has a terminal I could steal time off later and do a proper Giga Backlog Breaker.
Old 2011-02-13, 22:04   Link #217
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Post Something for Canon? Sacre BLEU!

Oh ho ho ho ho, I'm a-back.

Spoiler for The Marionette Messiah:

Can't say you didn't see this coming, folks. With everyone getting along so happily, somebody had to throw in a monkey wrench. Now, there's a sucool wallflower in the neighborhood who might just turn stone cold Terminator killer at the drop of a hat. Like little Miss Golden Darkness...except less gothlolified. Scary, huh~?

Last edited by JamesEdwards; 2011-02-14 at 09:45.
JamesEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 22:28   Link #218
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Spoiler for My OC:

Always me with the poor-quality ass pictures.

Anyways; another edit... Surprise!
After Tk's post on US production, I decided to go a little more factory-machine esque with (now named Antietam) Osirus' appearance. A bit Sunshine-like, if you can tell.
I downgraded ARC's charge time and reduced the missile count to compensate for the pods new image. The railgun now has only one turret, mounted on the shoulder, and the Antietam is just slightly faster. I argued with myself over equipping a IS combat dagger, just to have at least one CQC weapon, but decided otherwise, as such a poor weapon paired with poor melee capability would seem useless IMO.

And, again, I decided otherwise to involve her in anything related to canon series characters, since I absolutely fail at creating believable relationships and staying in character.
Old 2011-02-13, 22:38   Link #219
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
And, again, I decided otherwise to involve her in anything related to canon series characters, since I absolutely fail at creating believable relationships and staying in character.
Look on the bright side, at least, you're not part of The Boys group, who now have a nice big X painted on their backs. Prime targets for stabbity-stab action from the new resident yangire(?) "Unlimited Blade Works" girl. But, hey, she's an equal opportunity Paladin arsekicker, ready to bring the pain to Phantom Task and anyone else trying to mess up the World's status quo.
Old 2011-02-14, 01:18   Link #220
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

[QUOTE=Terminator98;3485931]
Spoiler for Cannon Universe OC List:

You forgot Magi, aka Samuel Gettysburg. I have made certain design changes so he is treated an IS pilot. I will also explain some of the key difference between the IS and his IS (I remain firm about no male of mine can pilot an IS, maybe an imitation IS, but not a true IS.)

Spoiler for The Hybrid Effect: Understand Magi's IS Powersuit Hybrid:

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest