AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-12, 01:10   Link #81
bonsobon

There's no reason to assume that those hundred pirates are even still alive just because Law's power may allow such a thing to happen. For all we know he could have simply killed them and presented their hearts to the WG in exchange for his current position.
Old 2012-03-12, 07:33   Link #82
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I dont like buggy...

I cant find a reason why Gold Roger recuited him,, and i dont find a reason why shanks befriended him.... he is a bad guy and he tried to kill luffy once...
And Roger's Pirates slaughtered Squad's crew and Robin is willing to do away with rest of the world if it means SH can be saved. There is really no genuine good or bad guys in OP other than which POV that you take.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:44   Link #83
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Anyone with decent ability in observation (see most VAs and above) can sense Buggy's true strength.

Remember Mihawk's speech to Zoro when they first met? 'Those who are truly strong can gauge the true strength of their opponents'.

It would be pretty ridiculous for the WG to offer Buggy a spot on the Shichibukai.
Always been wondering about this ever since the idea of Buggy being a Shichibukai was on the table and I'd agree it's a little hard to accept but then this is OP and Buggy's always been a abit of a enigma.

I'd say it's only really a select few of the top tier lot of the WG that probably know of Buggy's real strength but don't bother saying otherwise cause it would be hard convincing others to think otherwise from what they have only seen so far.
And what the WG and even the world have seen of Buggy so far is that he was part of the Pirate King's crew, he broke out of impel down and now leads a crew of former ID prisoners which were once big shot pirates as well.
Whether or not the alot of the WG/Marines knew of Buggy's real strength(including the likes of VA) Buggy's still a prefect figure head for being in the Shichibukai cause of what the world has seen of him, no real reason to dismiss his strength when they can use it instead.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:36   Link #84
marvelB

In case anyone missed my reasoning of a plausible explanation of Buggy's warlord candidacy on the last page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Is it really, now? Putting his physical strength aside, Buggy still had enough charm and charisma to gain all those followers from Impel Down. And I think I mentioned this before, but his reputation and influence could more than make up for his lack of physical power if he ends up recruiting more powerful pirates by his side. And frankly, if Marineford was any indication, any new followers he gained over the skip would be too blinded by their admiration for him to realize how strong he really is.

Another thing to realize is that recruiting Buggy would actually make for good publicity for the WG: "Hey guys, remember that pirate king we decapitated a couple decades ago? Of course you do! We even killed his son in that big war a couple years back! Well, guess what? We even got one of his top men to join our side! And he's a dude who can't die if you cut him apart! Oh, AND he's got a big group of well-known pirates as part of his crew too, BTW. WG, WUT WUT!"
Old 2012-03-12, 20:57   Link #85
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
And Roger's Pirates slaughtered Squad's crew and
didnt know, it seems that the Roger pirates kills people too
Old 2012-03-13, 01:03   Link #86
bonsobon

Quote:
Anyone with decent ability in observation (see most VAs and above) can sense Buggy's true strength.

Remember Mihawk's speech to Zoro when they first met? 'Those who are truly strong can gauge the true strength of their opponents'.

It would be pretty ridiculous for the WG to offer Buggy a spot on the Shichibukai.
If the message from the WG that Buggy received wasn't an invitation to become a Shichibukai what else could it be then?
Old 2012-03-13, 01:31   Link #87
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
If the message from the WG that Buggy received wasn't an invitation to become a Shichibukai what else could it be then?
Could've been a message to join the marines, former criminals like Django joined the marines after all.
Old 2012-03-13, 13:39   Link #88
marvelB

^I dunno.... I kinda highly doubt that the marines would suit Buggy's tastes. I mean, Jango could at least get away with it since he became buddies with Fullbody and all (and was a relatively small-time pirate anyway), but weakling or not, Buggy was still one of the most infamous pirates in East Blue. Furthermore, I rather doubt that he'd get much free reign to go treasure hunting as a defender of justice than he would as a warlord or outlaw.
Old 2012-03-13, 14:43   Link #89
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Could've been a message to join the marines, former criminals like Django joined the marines after all.
Jango was a special exception.

Buggy is a pirate. The only option open to him is Shichibukai. Former Pirate King's crew & like a brother to Yonkou Shanks would be enuff of a deterrant for most people to face him, and last of all - he'll luck his way through, as he always does.
Old 2012-03-13, 15:54   Link #90
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I dunno.... I kinda highly doubt that the marines would suit Buggy's tastes. I mean, Jango could at least get away with it since he became buddies with Fullbody and all (and was a relatively small-time pirate anyway), but weakling or not, Buggy was still one of the most infamous pirates in East Blue. Furthermore, I rather doubt that he'd get much free reign to go treasure hunting as a defender of justice than he would as a warlord or outlaw.
Think about how many corrupt WG officials and Marine officers we have seen these past 659 chapters. I think being a marine or WG officer would be the perfect cover for Buggy; he'd be able to do shady things and pin the blame on someone else or take credit for a heroic deed and still look like the good guy. I don't think him being affiliated with WG or Marines is far-fetched, during the Whitebeard Battle there were plenty of WGs and Marines witnessing Buggy's "greatness", assumed he was more powerful than the rumors lead to believe and were impressed with him. Surely all of that recognition during the WB/Marienford Arc would have reached the ears of the Admirals or Sengoku (considering all of them were present at the time).

Quote:
Buggy is a pirate. The only option open to him is Shichibukai. Former Pirate King's crew & like a brother to Yonkou Shanks would be enuff of a deterrant for most people to face him, and last of all - he'll luck his way through, as he always does.
That's why it'll be so funny to see him as a Marine, because obviously he is not cut out for the strict, regimented, do-gooder lifestyle of the Marines, he will have to get by on luck or by conning (or clowning ) everyone around him.
Old 2012-03-13, 18:12   Link #91
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Think about how many corrupt WG officials and Marine officers we have seen these past 659 chapters. I think being a marine or WG officer would be the perfect cover for Buggy; he'd be able to do shady things and pin the blame on someone else or take credit for a heroic deed and still look like the good guy. I don't think him being affiliated with WG or Marines is far-fetched, during the Whitebeard Battle there were plenty of WGs and Marines witnessing Buggy's "greatness", assumed he was more powerful than the rumors lead to believe and were impressed with him. Surely all of that recognition during the WB/Marienford Arc would have reached the ears of the Admirals or Sengoku (considering all of them were present at the time).

That's why it'll be so funny to see him as a Marine, because obviously he is not cut out for the strict, regimented, do-gooder lifestyle of the Marines, he will have to get by on luck or by conning (or clowning ) everyone around him.
I highly doubt this is the case. You're forgetting Buggy's crew, especially the former Impel Down prisoners. He won't abandon them just to join the Marines. Don't forget he was also a prisoner himself at one time. The only way for him to become part of the WG is becoming a Shichibukai; there's no other option.
Old 2012-03-13, 19:30   Link #92
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Or maybe the seagull carried a message of warning from the government to Buggy.

Who knows, there are many possibilities.
Old 2012-03-14, 03:42   Link #93
marvelB

Quote:
Or maybe the seagull carried a message of warning from the government to Buggy.

Who knows, there are many possibilities.

Right, so why would the WG need to send Buggy a personal warning when a bounty hike could get the job done just as easily (y'know, as was the case with every other pirate)?

Anyways, new spoilers are out, so I assume you guys know the drill by now.
Closed Thread