AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 17:20   Link #5581
Gravitas Free Zone

Eh, I like hearing girls talking about their tanking actions, you get used to them after a while.

My other mods have some informational value without drowning me in stuff (accurate damage indicator, crosshairs with load time, Locastan's HD minimap). Still haven't gone to the XVM rabbit hole.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:21   Link #5582
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@Drake

Actually is because I rely a little too much in the Zoom mod, the permanent server reticle, and jimbo's X-hair mod. Specially the max zoom mod (because I'm a very assiduous arty played and need to see all the situation on the field specially when need to counter enemy arty)

@Tak

I hate you soooooo much *deadpan tone*
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:28   Link #5583
Gravitas Free Zone

I got all of my mods working after very little time this morning (not having XVM really helps with that, it seems). Except the GuP hangar, where I didn't want to mess around with selectively loading files to see what would cause the game to explode, so I just took the whole thing out.

And now, later, not having that hangar is mildly bothering me on some level.
Old 2013-04-25, 17:30   Link #5584
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I downloaded it this morning. Took only 10 minutes

- Tak
I did my download while I was working. Never noticed the length of time, and I was ready to play by lunchtime.

Endless "Multitasking" Soul
Old 2013-04-25, 17:35   Link #5585
LeoXiao
思想工作

I started my download this morning before I went to school and set my computer to turn off after the process was over. I came back and 8.5 was ready to go.

New Project initiated:
Unternehmen "Samsara": upon acquisition of the iPanzer, I will be grinding it in a primary fashion so as to make enough xp to get the 2500 gold reward.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 17:36   Link #5586
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Unternehmen "Samsara": upon acquisition of the iPanzer, I will be grinding it in a primary fashion so as to make enough xp to get the 2500 gold reward.
You have competition!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:20   Link #5587
Sumeragi
Banned

Kamikaze Jagdpanther-Chan:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:37   Link #5588
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

WHAT!!??

Another one!? Do you think a Jagdpanther is there for your amusement! The Reich is not so affluent as to have an unlimited supply of these strategically vital vehicles!!

Commander, the unit cost of 250,000 Reichsmark will be extracted from your salary on a monthly basis! May that be a lesson of frugality to you!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 18:54   Link #5589
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
@Drake

Actually is because I rely a little too much in the Zoom mod, the permanent server reticle, and jimbo's X-hair mod. Specially the max zoom mod (because I'm a very assiduous arty played and need to see all the situation on the field specially when need to counter enemy arty)
Man up princes and go vanilla !

:P

Managed to push a Tiger-II off the docks in Seaport earlier in the black prince much to the amusement of my team, we still lost but it was still an oddly satisfying round.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 19:23   Link #5590
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Nice, however I think it would have been even more funny if he didn't see it coming.
Old 2013-04-25, 23:49   Link #5591
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

idk, downloading the patch only took me about 4 or 5 mins.

anyways.....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Pure Tier 6 Game
Images

Curb Stomp
Images
Old 2013-04-26, 00:01   Link #5592
12ice

Okay, after using the A.Panther a bit, I've got some observations to make about this tank. This already has a reputation of being a "fail"panther (not 100% unjustified), but it has enough to leave you surprised if you work with it. Hopefully, this will be useful for someone thinking about spending some time with this fickle tank.
  • It's Role: This tank is not a dedicated platform such as the VK1601 Leopard. Instead, it is a hybrid machine which can adequately carry out flanking, semi-scouting, anti-scouting--similar to the Chinese WZ tier 7~8s, albeit inferior. Mental flexibility, not getting target-fixated, or bogged down in a slugging match is key for success in this tank. Keep roaming, spotting or taking pot-shots with the Konisch. You're not here to fight the enemy--you're here to harass them to death.
  • Equipment: The set-up I am currently using is: Rammer, VStab, Optics. The tank's ground resistance is so low that the extra performance you get out of vent is not as useful. In addition, the optics compensate for this tank's greatest weakness, which is the next point.
  • Terrible Camo: This thing has garbage camo. If you are 300m away from a tier 8 in the open, you will be spotted without fail. In order to compensate for this, you need:
    • 6th Sense: I cannot stress how necessary 6th sense is for the Aufkl.Panther--this will keep you alive more than anything else.
    • Optics: With poor camo, the faster you spot the enemy, the better. Optics proved to be a life-saver on many occasions, as well as make this tank more flexible.
    • Crew camo: every little bit helps.
  • Protection: Do not rely on your armour to save you: 85mm glacis might as well be paper in tier +7 matches. Take advantage of the terrain using your gun depression: -7 on the front, -10 on the side. Peek out, shoot, pop back down. Terrain and agility is your armour.

Overall, the Aufkl.Panther--like most German tanks--has glaring shortcomings which requires careful application of skill on the part of the driver. That said, this isn't a bad tank to drive--even with just the 2nd engine, this tank moves well even on boggy ground. You will rarely lack for agility once you get the top engine. Keep yourself flexible and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised with the "fail"panther.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:10   Link #5593
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Blah, I'm in no rush to get to the Proto-Leopard, but I sure want to get either the last gun (better pen!) or the engine at least. I have to give this to the Indien though, it has hilariously good front and side armor.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:28   Link #5594
Gravitas Free Zone

I moved my oft-abused 2801 crew into the ScoutPanther and sold the 2801. While I did claim to be getting used to the 2801 in the end, I never did like having to risk death like the bull in a bullfight every time I wanted to reliably shoot something.

I'll give the thing a try tomorrow. Due to the VK3002DB (that I sold already) gaining an extra engine in 8.5, though (which is the second engine now for both it and the SPanther, but I had the now-final engine already researched), I'm much more tempted to free XP past the wimpy 650 HP that it starts with...

The iPanzer isn't turning out a good win rate so far (a factor that is of course not entirely in my own hands), but my efficiency rating with it in those games has been quite good. Upgrading it up front really did help...

Incidentally, the 2801's crew was a mashup of my Pz35t and Pz38t crews. The VK3002DB's crew, which is now in the iPanzer, was the scraped-together remnants of extra people from the Wespe, Dicker Max, and my short experience with the PzIII. At least both vehicles have Sixth Sense on.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:30   Link #5595
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Images

My current harem, I mean, garage. Unlike Ute, I've had better luck with the Indienpanzer, but yeah, I think I'll do better if I invest in more horsepower or penetration.
Old 2013-04-26, 02:05   Link #5596
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'm reminded of why I love this thing:

One particularly lol-worthy moment was when I snuck up behind that T-46, who was hunkered up behind one of those open window sniping areas, and sandwiched him to a wall. I can imagine him swearing profanities as he tried to maneuver but can't since I was blocking his way outward.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 02:19   Link #5597
Blaat

My god, it's full of tanks! Myssa I'm guessing you're not doing your dailies on all your tanks every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Why would you feel naked without your mods ? I though mods where only superficial and couldn't give an advantage ?
The only mod that gives you an advantage is the increased zoom out mod which gives you a tactical advantage against those who don't have it. Every thing else is usually UI improvements you should try them out some day.
Old 2013-04-26, 02:26   Link #5598
Sumeragi
Banned

Some nice chap gave out a bonus code from buying a GTX 660.

Now, I need to decide how to use this gold..... convert free experience to research the Indien-Panzer and maybe Jagdpanther II?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 08:51   Link #5599
12ice

It depends, I think. You do have a month of premium, so if you're one of those rare people for whom the VK DB works well, it might be more productive in the long-run to use the gold to buy the M10 Panther so you can train both your E-50M and Leopard crews.

If you hate the VK DB's guts, I second free-exp'ing the iPanzer. I'd hold off on doing the same with the JgPanther II and use the gold for something else, since the JgPanther isn't a bad a TD to grind.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 09:54   Link #5600
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Why would you feel naked without your mods ? I though mods where only superficial and couldn't give an advantage ?
Clothes are only superficial and don't give an advantage too
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks