AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-07-07, 05:40   Link #1961
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... just finished rereading the entirety of the festival arc and it still feels quite muddled and Chao Lin in particular came off not-well-explained. Yeah, yeah, she thinks revealing magic to the world will fix some future horror but her whole manner in losing just seemed to make the motivation that drove her less meaningful. I do recognize this is purely an emotional gut opinion, though. It will be interesting to see how/if various players suffer the consequences for their actions in the melee.
Hmm, small correction here, Chao didn't want to reveal magic to fix some future horror, her motivation for revealing magic was that it is hard for mages to help the world while remaining hidden. Not helping as in averting armagedon, but the simple things, such as saving people from poor places, or helping out in countries hit by an earthquake or tidal wave. If magic was known to the world, then mages would have a far easier time to aid people in need, as they would not need to keep their powers hidden.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 13:06   Link #1962
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... just finished rereading the entirety of the festival arc and it still feels quite muddled and Chao Lin in particular came off not-well-explained. Yeah, yeah, she thinks revealing magic to the world will fix some future horror but her whole manner in losing just seemed to make the motivation that drove her less meaningful.
For me, I thought of it as Chao finally leaving her and everyone else's future in Negi's hands. If she could be stopped, then she would admit defeat and that her opponent's will is stronger than her's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, small correction here, Chao didn't want to reveal magic to fix some future horror, her motivation for revealing magic was that it is hard for mages to help the world while remaining hidden. Not helping as in averting armagedon, but the simple things, such as saving people from poor places, or helping out in countries hit by an earthquake or tidal wave. If magic was known to the world, then mages would have a far easier time to aid people in need, as they would not need to keep their powers hidden.
I believe that Chao's plan was based on personal feelings. She knew that the revealing of magic would bring about chaos between the two worlds before any form of settling down. So she wanted to do that sooner. We really know nothing of Chao's history. For all we know, she could have been part of the chaos. Although she didn't say a word, Negi interpreted her silent answer as if some other party had put the magical markings on Chao's body. And before she left, she said that her problems weren't any different as the one's happening in the present.

So perhaps her problems weren't her's alone. But since she had the power to change it, she felt that she should.
Old 2008-07-07, 19:52   Link #1963
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Thanks for the review, Vexx. Still putting my reading of the series on hiatus, at least until I've seen the OVA (with Kotaro).
Old 2008-07-08, 09:51   Link #1964
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well vexx ... after the festival arc and a small 'transisionarc-between-arcs' we get a crystalclear, if not quite literal 'small adventuregroups interrelating
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 09:56   Link #1965
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
well vexx ... after the festival arc and a small 'transisionarc-between-arcs' we get a crystalclear, if not quite literal 'small adventuregroups interrelating
With the magic action gone into hyper drive, if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 2008-07-08, 15:31   Link #1966
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... thats somewhat to expect if you know of the D&D ... and i've the interesting idea to use infomation from that whole arc to make a small campaign for a D&D group
Old 2008-07-10, 02:17   Link #1967
Freeter
beyond

219 was made of pure GAR and win. There hasn't been a teacher this badass since Onizuka, and Negi's not even a teen yet.

Quote:
Negi was lucky for a couple of seconds
With just a few words he could make Nodoka wear her birthday suit all day long, and she wouldn't mind one bit
Old 2008-07-10, 02:36   Link #1968
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
219 was made of pure GAR and win. There hasn't been a teacher this badass since Onizuka, and Negi's not even a teen yet.
QFT .
seriously 219 was pure awesomeness.
and Negi is like 10. what is going to be when he'll be 20 ? O_o
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 02:54   Link #1969
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Dead?

Or possibly an undead, eternally beautiful vampire.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 09:55   Link #1970
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

219 was just awesome. One of the best chapters in a while.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 04:22   Link #1971
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... at least one of the enimies sees Eva in him.

but ... really efficient way of cleaning
Old 2008-07-11, 13:53   Link #1972
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Wink

Negi Springfield waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the area. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Kaede and Setsuna were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Negi was a mage for ten years. When he was young he watched the Eva and he said to dad "I want to be a dark mage daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the area of the magic world he knew there were demons.
"This is Asakura" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So Negi gotted his magci staff and blew up the rocks.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the demon and he fired the missiles. Negi punched at him and tried to blew him up. But then the rock fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, Negi. You are the demons"
And then Negi was the darkness.

Never forget. ;_;
Old 2008-07-11, 18:00   Link #1973
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

DAMN. Negi wrecked shop this chapter.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:45   Link #1974
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Negi Springfield waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the area. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Kaede and Setsuna were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Negi was a mage for ten years. When he was young he watched the Eva and he said to dad "I want to be a dark mage daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the area of the magic world he knew there were demons.
"This is Asakura" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So Negi gotted his magci staff and blew up the rocks.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the demon and he fired the missiles. Negi punched at him and tried to blew him up. But then the rock fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, Negi. You are the demons"
And then Negi was the darkness.
That story seems very familier.
Old 2008-07-11, 18:47   Link #1975
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
That story seems very familier.
I wouldn't have expected it to not be. You can't recognize "No, John. You are the demons" right off the bat?
Old 2008-07-11, 18:52   Link #1976
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I wouldn't have expected it to not be. You can't recognize "No, John. You are the demons" right off the bat?
There we go. I just haven't heard of it in such a long time I almost forgot.
Old 2008-07-12, 01:43   Link #1977
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Also a variation on the old short story "The Monsters Are On Maple Street" (twilight zone, rod serling)
Old 2008-07-12, 06:12   Link #1978
Vash002
Ready to Boast

I like where this is going...

Spoiler for Best part of Ch 219:
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 09:20   Link #1979
Tiberium Wolf

Bah... Asuna didn't do anything worthy in ch 219.
Old 2008-07-12, 10:20   Link #1980
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Bah... Asuna didn't do anything worthy in ch 219.
lol Did anyone? It was all Negi. If anything though, she was the only one who seemed worried about Negi.

Tags
action, fantasy