AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 17:25   Link #161
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't like how she played with him a little. She led him on to ask her out and then ran to the boyfriend.
Led him on how? By being nice to him? Some of you people have serious problems if you take this attitude into the real world.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 17:33   Link #162
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Led him on how? By being nice to him? Some of you people have serious problems if you take this attitude into the real world.
Well that the scenes with the kegger were implying that she was waiting for him to go also. Plus if you have a bf, why would you be eating with another guy and not let him know you have a bf?

Won't even go into the cell phone bit of the conversation. It's the little things that add together. What she did was subtle but it was still done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Never trust the first episode for “facts” about a show. That there could have been her brother, and the “let him to ask her out” could have been something else entirely.
Unless you're a brocon, pressing your breast against your brother's arm is just not proper. That's a bf thing.
Old 2011-04-15, 17:38   Link #163
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Never trust the first episode for “facts” about a show. That there could have been her brother, and the “let him to ask her out” could have been something else entirely.
Yes, that is true.

Quote:
Old 2011-04-15, 18:05   Link #164
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Plus if you have a bf, why would you be eating with another guy and not let him know you have a bf?
Please tell me you did not just write that.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 18:28   Link #165
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I see where DragoZERO is coming from.

The anime gives all these familiar hints that she's romantically interested in the guy, and then when he finally starts to show some degree of reciprocity, she heads off with her actual boyfriend.

RedWing is right that in the real world, this sort of thing isn't usually a big deal, but many of us are so used to not seeing this sort of thing in anime that it can come off a bit badly. At the very least, it did startle me a bit when she mentioned her boyfriend.
Old 2011-04-15, 18:31   Link #166
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I see where DragoZERO is coming from.

The anime gives all these familiar hints that she's romantically interested in the guy, and then when he finally starts to show some degree of reciprocity, she heads off with her actual boyfriend.

RedWing is right that in the real world, this sort of thing isn't usually a big deal, but many of us are so used to not seeing this sort of thing in anime that it can come off a bit badly. At the very least, it did startle me a bit when she mentioned her boyfriend.
As I see it +1 to entertainment value. Breaking cliche is pretty entertaining (sometimes).
Old 2011-04-15, 18:37   Link #167
Jerseykid

Quote:
I would have to say that some people have serious problems if they take anything on an internet forum seriously
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 19:17   Link #168
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiemma View Post
New scan
Spoiler for Scan:
I've been looking for some scans! Thanks!
It's weird that they're arn't any hi-res scans out, I'd love to see this one.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:52   Link #169
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
I've been looking for some scans! Thanks!
It's weird that they're arn't any hi-res scans out, I'd love to see this one.
I tried to scan it some months ago but I suck so much at scanning...
Old 2011-04-15, 21:48   Link #170
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am confused, but I understand being broke while going to college though
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:01   Link #171
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

I really don't understand all the hate being directed at Hanabi. She was friendly and made no indication she thought of him as anything more than a friend. Yes Kimimaro is interested in her, but it's not like he made it known. You can't blame her for not reacting to something he never bothered to let her in on.

I eat lunch and study with my female friends, they don't forget about me the minute they get a boyfriend. There's a reason for that; we're friends.
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 00:20   Link #172
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As far as what was shown, Hanabi just treats the protagonist as just another one of her guy friends. Or at least, it wasn't shown whether she is closer to the Kimimaro anymore than any of the other guy friends (ex. everyone else calls her Hanabi as well).

That's why I don't see how Hanabi getting a boyfriend is NTR in the slightest. NTR is suppose to rouse jealousy (or as I like to more specifically put it, "I want to punch someone in the face" feelings ) because the protagonist had someone precious 'stolen' from him. And for someone to be 'stolen' from the protagonist, the story must have established early on that the two were close and the girl must have slowly drifted apart.

This show on the otherhand pretty much establishes from the get go that the two aren't any more than friends, and yet the two haven't drifted apart as friends either. If anything, the protagonists feelings seems more like its been unrequited for quite some time, and that is the farthest thing from being NTR from what I understand of the term.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 00:34   Link #173
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Lol, half of the male posters here must have been seriously spurned to be thaaaaaat affected by Hanabi having a boyfriend.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 01:12   Link #174
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I would have to say that some people have serious problems if they take anything on an internet forum seriously
Nope. It is you who has a problem for suggesting that a place you yourself are spending time in is not to be taken seriously. I mean what I type at least as much as what I speak in real life and I expect to be taken seriously in a discussion in these forums.

Anyway, the claim up there that a girl shouldn't help out a classmate if she already has a boyfriend is disgusting. Hanabi didn't do anything bad whatsoever. If she was indeed the type that played with people then left them, then her refusal of the invitation to dine together would have come with at least some shade of malice.

As for how the show suggests she has a romantic interest in the guy, for the most part, there was no such suggestion. But even if there was, it's fine for a girl to have some feelings for a guy while going out with another as long as she doesn't two-time. It's fine for everyone, not just a girl, and I know more than enough people who have some feelings for someone other than the people they are in a relationship with. You can't help but feel for someone. The only thing that matters is that you don't abuse them which Hanabi didn't, not even close.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 01:27   Link #175
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Nope. It is you who has a problem for suggesting that a place you yourself are spending time in is not to be taken seriously. I mean what I type at least as much as what I speak in real life and I expect to be taken seriously in a discussion in these forums.

Anyway, the claim up there that a girl shouldn't help out a classmate if she already has a boyfriend is disgusting. Hanabi didn't do anything bad whatsoever. If she was indeed the type that played with people then left them, then her refusal of the invitation to dine together would have come with at least some shade of malice.

As for how the show suggests she has a romantic interest in the guy, for the most part, there was no such suggestion. But even if there was, it's fine for a girl to have some feelings for a guy while going out with another as long as she doesn't two-time. It's fine for everyone, not just a girl, and I know more than enough people who have some feelings for someone other than the people they are in a relationship with. You can't help but feel for someone. The only thing that matters is that you don't abuse them which Hanabi didn't, not even close.
Well said. I agree with every word.
Old 2011-04-16, 01:28   Link #176
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyukusa View Post
I really don't understand all the hate being directed at Hanabi. She was friendly and made no indication she thought of him as anything more than a friend. Yes Kimimaro is interested in her, but it's not like he made it known. You can't blame her for not reacting to something he never bothered to let her in on.

I eat lunch and study with my female friends, they don't forget about me the minute they get a boyfriend. There's a reason for that; we're friends.
But at that level, you'll know when they have one unless they're not seriously involved with one person. Yes, you can eat with female friends but more than likely the bf will also be around.

In this scenario, MC didn't have a clue and she doesn't act like a girl with a bf.

Quote:

She did it late at night which was unusual. He had 2 part-time jobs. She came at the latest one with her bf. Then she's texting someone else on her cellphone while talking to him. Her actions are different. They don't add up. (It's like temptation was subliminally being tossed at him via her. If he had money, he would have been able to get the girl. If he had money, he could go to the kegger. If he had money, he could get a cellphone.) It's only ep. 1 so we get to see how she develops later on. However, being how this title is all about money and the power of control, I wouldn't expect her to be a ray of hope.

People don't use malice nowadays as you can't predict how the other person will react.

Last edited by orion; 2011-04-16 at 01:43.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 01:37   Link #177
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Yes, you can eat with female friends but more than likely the bf will also be around.
Not in my personal experience.

I mean I could give you all the details but I'm not sure this is the right place for that.
Old 2011-04-16, 01:48   Link #178
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

Quote:
But at that level, you'll know when they have one unless they're not seriously involved with one person. Yes, you can eat with female friends but more than likely the bf will also be around.

In this scenario, MC didn't have a clue and she doesn't act like a girl with a bf.
I rarely see my friends' boyfriends. I know their names and what they look like, but that's about it. I'm not friends with their boyfriends, so I don't see them often. Any relationship where a girl needs to be constantly supervised is an unhealthy one.

Yes, it is odd that he didn't know she had a boyfriend, but I'm sure she would have told him had he "made a move." That's just it though; he didn't. He's our main character, but he's probably not a huge part of her life. He is, in all likeliness, a casual friend. He probably doesn't hear about stuff as soon as it happens, especially since he doesn't have a cellphone.

Hanabi was just living her life, she may have no idea Kimimaro is taking her kindness as an "advance" of sorts.
Old 2011-04-16, 01:51   Link #179
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

*clap* x 3
Well said indeed. I can hear those Kimo-otaku around the world explouding because they can't understand what you are saying.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 01:52   Link #180
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Not in my personal experience.

I mean I could give you all the details but I'm not sure this is the right place for that.
Well where I'm at, the bfs are usually with their gfs. If they are not around, they call each other. Both sexes get territorial. This is prob a ymmv thing.

Tags
action, finance, noitamina