AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-19, 08:43   Link #641
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I don't know what you're shitting about but Lelouch always protects the people close to him, if you really want to denie it again I can look up for the examples... He ain't a saint, he tries to keep the citizens out of line of fire as much as possible.
Actually I don't think Leluoch cares one BIT about citizens in the line of fire.

Quote:
And that sakuradite tanker, I would've done the same without a moment of hesitation. It was a calculated decision he had to make, theire was a 0% of saving them. So he could've gone into a proper battle and lose troops and not even half of the damage that exploding that tanker would do or lose no troops and wipe out a lot of enemy troops. Extreme but without doubt the smartest choice. And pls explain me how they were Lelouch his people? Seeing he didn't had anything to do with them personally and they weren't even part of his black order.
Then why bother saying "We will help them" if there was no way to? Or why bother mobilizing at all? He could have just as easily been there by himself and blew them up and said later they committed suicide. Oh right.... that wouldn't have worked in his plans... nor did the JLF work into his plans to begin with. He wanted them wiped out from the beginning so HIS group wouldn't have been absorbed into it.

I agree with mostly everything else you said though. <.<'
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 08:55   Link #642
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Actually I don't think Leluoch cares one BIT about citizens in the line of fire.
I don't think he cares for them much either, but he isn't the kind of person imo that just views them like bugs that are walking in the way. If he can avoid it he will. He stated it in ep 8 season 1 when he created the black order. Though ofcourse it was just sugarcoating the Japanese but imo he still tries to uphold it seeing that the kind world that Nunalee envisions is that sort of world.

The only time that I find he sins against that rule is in the finale of season 1 when you see all those buildings collapsing and I think it was Diethard that asked did you evacuate all the buildings? and he said ofcourse not theire wasn't enough time or somethings in those lines. It was the only time that I really thougth, damn Lelouch is losing himself to much. But I covered it with the mantle of love with excuses like it was just to make the finale even look more cooler, or it's the influence of the Geass :P.

Quote:
Then why bother saying "We will help them" if there was no way to? Or why bother mobilizing at all? He could have just as easily been there by himself and blew them up and said later they committed suicide. Oh right.... that wouldn't have worked in his plans... nor did the JLF work into his plans to begin with. He wanted them wiped out from the beginning so HIS group wouldn't have been absorbed into it.

I think you're forgetting the real reason he went theire, first off all didn't he went theire to capture Cordelia especially? And doing that made it even that much easier.

And if theire was a chance of actually have a win over Brittania he would've saved them mb. But seeing that the situation was just hopeless he just had to make that decision. At least if I remember those eps right it was like that.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 08:58   Link #643
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Man you seem way more retarded then me... I already said, if it's was cause he fell in love with her or repay her kindness who gives a fuck tbh, it was still for his own egoistic reasons.
Quote:
So do you think that Suzaku didn't really care about Euphemia?
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 09:05   Link #644
Orga777

Quote:
I don't think he cares for them much either, but he isn't the kind of person imo that just views them like bugs that are walking in the way. If he can avoid it he will. He stated it in ep 8 season 1 when he created the black order. Though ofcourse it was just sugarcoating the Japanese but imo he still tries to uphold it seeing that the kind world that Nunalee envisions is that sort of world.
Remember when he blew up the Water Table in that battle between teh JLF and Britannia? Yeah, wiped out a big chunk of the town under it. And of course the Black Rebellion alone caused riots in the streets resulting in a high death toll of civilians. (And you could even count that Euphie massacre going by technical means.)
Quote:
The only time that I find he sins against that rule is in the finale of season 1 when you see all those buildings collapsing and I think it was Diethard that asked did you evacuate all the buildings? and he said ofcourse not theire wasn't enough time or somethings in those lines. It was the only time that I really thougth, damn Lelouch is losing himself to much. But I covered it with the mantle of love with excuses like it was just to make the finale even look more cooler, or it's the influence of the Geass :P.
bah... Silly excuse.
Though losing himself to the Geass might not be... Mao anyone?

Quote:
I think you're forgetting the real reason he went theire, first off all didn't he went theire to capture Cordelia especially? And doing that made it even that much easier.
It also almost got him killed. He would have gotten another shot at Cornelia.

Quote:
And if theire was a chance of actually have a win over Brittania he would've saved them mb. But seeing that the situation was just hopeless he just had to make that decision. At least if I remember those eps right it was like that.
After re-checking them myself, not really. He was more heartless in those battles involving the JLF than I remembered. He also didn't hesitate to blow them out of the water. He was waiting for the boat to cross over to where the mine was placed.
Old 2008-06-19, 09:18   Link #645
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I agree with you on this point.
Well if you took it serious, yeah then I was making to much assumptions. But what my real point was, was clearly showing that I was ridiculing him. Seeing that the peasant thinks he is the knight in the shining armor that's gonna take the empress outside. I wasn't really serious bout him falling in love with her, else he's one hell of a lolicon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I agree, Li probably wont bow down to Lelouch but I'm pretty sure they're gonna end up allies. The only way I could see him bowing down to Lelouch is if Tianzi told him to.
Time for Lelouch to Geass his ass, else he would be to much of a liability if he ain't completely loyal to Lelouch. And seeing the recent developments I think theire relationship ain't gonna be that good anymore. Tho him in that knightmare would be something Lelouch could make good use of.

Well I agreed with most of the things you said to. Was writing my response at the same time when you were writing yours :<.

And it's nice to see a 16 y old preaching for manners for once on the forums. Tho it's something I sin against to fast myself when I read something stupid.
Old 2008-06-19, 09:36   Link #646
seiji_kun

Quote:
Remember when he blew up the Water Table in that battle between teh JLF and Britannia? Yeah, wiped out a big chunk of the town under it. And of course the Black Rebellion alone caused riots in the streets resulting in a high death toll of civilians. (And you could even count that Euphie massacre going by technical means.)
Tbh, I don't remember it exactly. It's prolly like people claim you only remember the things you want so when Lelouch does something wrong I usually forget it .

Quote:
bah... Silly excuse.
Though losing himself to the Geass might not be... Mao anyone?
I know, for a reason I want to keep Lelouch as humane as possible.

Quote:
It also almost got him killed. He would have gotten another shot at Cornelia.
Yeah but wasn't that cause he saw his sweetheart (Shirley)? Tho I'm not gonna say that even if he had taken Cordelias cockpit he would've had escaped from the Lancelot. But wasn't it all cause that orange hottie? (I don't mean orange-kun)

Quote:
After re-checking them myself, not really. He was more heartless in those battles involving the JLF than I remembered. He also didn't hesitate to blow them out of the water. He was waiting for the boat to cross over to where the mine was placed.
Seems I have to rewatch those eps. Cause in the version in my head I thougth he went theire cause of theire request and analyzed the situation and came to the conclusion it was hopeless. (while throwing roses to the masses & signing autographs to his fans).

Or did he went theire just to blow up the tanker so it would give him a better chance to catch Cordelia? Guess I should rewatch those two eps. Well it are the eps I never bothered to rewatch cause to less C.C. Like we had in the recent episodes. More C.C.!!!
Old 2008-06-19, 09:46   Link #647
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Yeah but wasn't that cause he saw his sweetheart (Shirley)? Tho I'm not gonna say that even if he had taken Cordelias cockpit he would've had escaped from the Lancelot. But wasn't it all cause that orange hottie? (I don't mean orange-kun)

Seems I have to rewatch those eps. Cause in the version in my head I thougth he went theire cause of theire request and analyzed the situation and came to the conclusion it was hopeless. (while throwing roses to the masses & signing autographs to his fans).

Or did he went theire just to blow up the tanker so it would give him a better chance to catch Cordelia? Guess I should rewatch those two eps. Well it are the eps I never bothered to rewatch cause to less C.C. Like we had in the recent episodes. More C.C.!!!
If he hadn't hesitated when he saw Shirley he could have used Cornelia as a hostage against Suzaku. At the very least Guilford and Darlton would not have let them act recklessly if the safety of the princess was in danger.

It was Lelouch's plan from the start to blow the tanker and use the JLF as a diversion to draw in Britannia's forces. Diethard was the one that made the analysis that the JLF were basically finished and that it would be easier to use them as bait to take out the enemy's main force.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 09:49   Link #648
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

More C.C.!!!
Old 2008-06-19, 09:53   Link #649
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
If he hadn't hesitated when he saw Shirley he could have used Cornelia as a hostage against Suzaku. At the very least Guilford and Darlton would not have let them act recklessly if the safety of the princess was in danger.
Yeah I wanted to put it down that he could've ofcourse use her as a hostage, but imo the Lancelot was so close bye that he prolly could've rescued her without her beeing in danger. Cause he only lost focus for less then 5 secs. And I think you'll agree with me that Suzaku is reckless enough to take that action and would've been able to prolly pull it off against those inferior knightmares with his Lancelot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
It was Lelouch's plan from the start to blow the tanker and use the JLF as a diversion to draw in Britannia's forces. Diethard was the one that made the analysis that the JLF were basically finished and that it would be easier to use them as bait to take out the enemy's main force.

Thx for clearifying it. In the version I remembered cause I'm a Lelouch fan I remembered it the wrong way it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
More C.C.!!!
And an amen to that!
Old 2008-06-19, 09:54   Link #650
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
So do you think that Suzaku didn't really care about Euphemia?
I said MOSTLY. That is definitely nonsense that wasn't even worth replying to.
Old 2008-06-19, 09:59   Link #651
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

The JLF were useless(apart from Todou and the 4 holy swords) so he decide to use them as bait to weaken the Brtannian forces to make it easier to capture Cornelia while making himself apppear like the good guy.

Also it was kinda sad that when Suzaku was with Euphie at the end that her kill geass didn't make her try to kill him making his live geass kill her. Then he would've been tried for regicide and been out of Lulu's way.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 10:03   Link #652
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
The JLF were useless(apart from Todou and the 4 holy swords) so he decide to use them as bait to weaken the Brtannian forces to make it easier to capture Cornelia while making himself apppear like the good guy.
Right... the resistance group that has been fighting Britannia for over seven years, had the largest following, and the most support from the Kyoto Group was useless.

The only reason they became useless is because Lelouch used them as pawns in his game when he went there to "help" defend their headquarters. He ended up wiping out most of their forces with that landslide. It was even hinted at the the JLF would absorb the Black Knights after all. I don't think Lelouch wanted that at all.

Quote:
Also it was kinda sad that when Suzaku was with Euphie at the end that her kill geass didn't make her try to kill him making his live geass kill her. Then he would've been tried for regicide and been out of Lulu's way.
.....That isn't even worth replying to except to say: You Fail.
Old 2008-06-19, 10:13   Link #653
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

No its a fail that her geass to kill all japanese mysteriously decided to go awol when she was Suzaku. Geass makes people absolutely obedient to any order given no matter how repulsive, her not carrying out that order is a complete WTF??

Also the JLF did a great job stopping Cornelia's forces didn't they. They were basically on there last legs until Lulu wiped out loads of Britannia forces and messed up there strategy and moral. They proved to be incompetent and some like Kusakabe didn't have a problem killing innocent people which is a big no no in Lulu eyes. Might as well seperate the wheat(Todou and 4 HS) from the chaff(the rest).
Old 2008-06-19, 10:15   Link #654
Orga777

Quote:
No its a fail that her geass to kill all japanese mysteriously decided to go awol when she was Suzaku. Geass makes people absolutely obedient to an order given, her not carrying out that order is a complete WTF??
It could have been one of many things. It could have been that the Geass was weakened due to her current state, or her feelings for Suzaku broke the spell (even Lelouch said Euphie tried to fight it when he first used it), or it could be a mix of both. So it really isn't a WTF moment.

Quote:
Also the JLF did a great job stopping Cornelia's forces didn't they. They were basically on there last legs until Lulu wiped out loads of Britannia forces and messed up there strategy and moral. They proved to be incompetent and some like Kusakabe didn't have a problem killing innocent people which is a big no no in Lulu eyes. Might as well seperate the wheat(Todou and 4 HS) from the chaff(the rest).
They were HARDLY on their last legs. They had trouble against Cornelia because 1) Corneila is a tactical mastermind (she beat Lelouch remember?), 2) had them COMPLETELY surrounded, and 3) had them out numbered like 3 to 1.

And Lelouch killed so many innocent people that it isn't even funny. Moral my ass. He only said that stuff to sugarcoat what he was doing. Besides, that instance was a renegade group. Remember? It went to Toudou who seemed to be pretty pissed off at what they were doing.
Old 2008-06-19, 10:23   Link #655
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Er her feelings didn't really stop her massacring the Japanese which was an order that she found repulsive. Also look at Darlton he was wounded yet he still went off to capture(and ultimately seriously injure) Cornelia, a person that he greatly admired and respected.

Quote:
They were HARDLY on their last legs. They had trouble against Cornelia because 1) Corneila is a tactical mastermind (she beat Lelouch remember?), 2) had them COMPLETELY surrounded, and 3) had them out numbered like 3 to 1.
That's my point if he hadn't of shown up it was all over for them. The only reason they managed to escape was because he dropped a mountain on Cornelia's forces.

Also Lulu has killed innocents, i won't deny that, but at least he tries to avoid it as much as possible and has never deliberately ordered the murder of non-combatants. Clovis and Cornelia both ordered the cleansing of 2 ghettos just to either cover there ass or lure zero out, hardly bearers of justice and virtue.
Old 2008-06-19, 10:30   Link #656
Orga777

Quote:
Er her feelings didn't really stop her massacring the Japanese which was an order that she found repulsive. Also look at Darlton he was wounded yet he still went off to capture(and ultimately seriously injure) Cornelia, a person that he greatly admired and respected.
Darlton may not be as strong-willed as Euphemia. Ever think of that? Also, Darlton's injury was not as serious. He was shot in the side. Euphemia was dieing. There is a difference.

Quote:
That's my point if he hadn't of shown up it was all over for them. The only reason they managed to escape was because he dropped a mountain on Cornelia's forces.
He didn't just drop a mountain on Cornelia's forces. He dropped a mountain on pretty much the main fighting forces of the JLF (and then used them as cover while they escaped). But the fact that Cornelia considered them a giant threat to do a sneak attack proves that they were NOT on their last legs.

Quote:
Also Lulu has killed innocents, i won't deny that, but at least he tries to avoid it as much as possible.
Yes... he tried so hard to avoid it during the lack Rebellion... and when he destroyed the mountain... and if you want to be technical, the whole Euhpie incident.

Quote:
Clovis and Cornelia both ordered the cleansing of 2 ghettos just to either cover there ass or lure zero out, hardly bearers of justice and virtue.
You are correct. But don't go claiming that Lelouch is some paradigm of justice when he is just as bad.
Old 2008-06-19, 10:35   Link #657
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Strong willed? Darlton was a professional soldier and seems to have been 1 for a long time. People who command(he was a general) have to be strong willed and ready to make the tough decisions, it goes with the territory.

Also Euphie never really seemed that strong willed to me. Her only display of any type of will was with the formation of the SAZ and even then she went running to Schenziel for permission first.
Old 2008-06-19, 10:36   Link #658
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Really? Without his Geass would you like to tell me how he would have gotten a KMF to talk to the revolutionaries and begin his plan?

I understand that and all, but that makes Lelouch just as bad then doesn't it? Which was the whole point to what I am saying.

Hard to when Zero keeps messing everything up and making the rift between Britannians and Numbers WORSE.

What? lol. First off, the Native Americans did NOT want to go into any of those reserves. They were FORCED to. To make them happy? That is ridiculous. Someone should check their history.

The SAZ was NOT mandatory. They got to choose to go on their own and you know what? Before Lelouch couldn't shut his mouth, it garnered massive support by the Numbers so I don't really know where you get this.

Suzaku questioned her because he was worried at what might happen. It didn't quite end on good terms last time now did it?

Check Episode 20 again then. Feelings were split by the Elevens between supporting Britannia, or supporting Zero all because of what Suzaku was able to accomplish. Whether anyone else would have gotten a shot like Suzaku did does not matter if they believe it to be so.

lol... His anger diminished... Do you honestly believe it is that easy?

Again, would he have done it anyway? I highly doubt it. That is the point. He doesn't like killing people as it is.

Again, being human should not be a weakness. He is conflicted like any human would be after what has happened to him, but did he let it get the better of him? Obviously not since he didn't let Crazy Nina attack.

Again, Suzaku does not like killing people. Go back and check when he was supposed to kill Toudou. He was shaking like a leaf.

True. We will just have to wait and see.
Lelouch would not have followed the same events in Code Geass if he did not have geass, one of the things that is basically drilled into you from this show is that Lelouch is not an idiot. Egoticial and bigmouthed, yes but not stupid.

Noone on this board will try to sell you that Lelouch's methods are somehow better then the Britannians, because they arn't. He admits that himself, he is fighting violence with violence.

The rift between the Numbers and Britannians were always there and always will be. The Numbers are treated as slaves and they can only get the lowest paying jobs even if they become Honourary Britannians. The terrorists were around because there are Japanese that can't live under Britannian rule.

And no, I don't need to check episode 20. The point you continually miss is that, what the Elevens believe in and support ultimately do not matter in changing Britannia. Elevens, and commoners for that matter, have no power. The support that Suzaku needs are from the ruling nobility, and not just a blind crippled princess propped up as a leader to garner sympathy. Suzaku could have all the Elevens cheering him on for the good that it would do his cause. They may believe that they had a chance like Suzaku's but when things do not get better then people will just come to realise that it was just an empty and false hope that Suzaku is offering.

I meant it from the government point of view that they shoved the natives into reserves to "keep them happy". The SAZ may not be mandatory but the point is that they could only regain their rights in a small piece of land that may or may not be shut down by the whim of someone above Nunnally. The SAZ is useless in that it will not get rid of the discrimination against the Numbers, and worst it makes it plain that the Numbers have to be removed from Britannian society to even gain basic rights.

If you would look at Suzaku's character, he is more in control and less like the end of last season where he was basically a berserk avenger. He was clearly less angry, and the fact that he said that he wished Lelouch really regained his memory so that he could aks him about Euphie means he intend, or rather wished to know the truth about that incident. He even questioned why he did that to Euphie and that if it was Lelouch, he could have found another way. If you cannot see in trying to rationalize and search for the truth about the incident, instead of letting his anger become dominate as Suzaku's anger having diminished over the course of the year, then I have nothing more to add to this subject.

Once again you have missed my point about Suzaku being indecisive. I will try to put this as simply as I am able to avoid confusion. The point is not whether Suzaku wanted to kill one million people or not, it is the fact that he did not come to that decision until he used Euphie and Nunally as an excuse, saying that they wanted to forgive Zero and so he will let them go. Now in the next episode we have crazed tablefap with the knife, you are right, Suzaku caught her and note that she could not break free. Then the crazed mental tablefap decided to resort to her psycho babble about how Suzaku is Euphie's knight, that he should also be seeking vengence, at which point we see his doubt and Nina was able to break free while he was standing there wide eyed. Now I see nothing wrong with that if that scene is taken by itself. However, when you look at it with the previous episode in mind is the point. Remember, Suzaku himself asked if Zero is asking them to forgive him with the million Zero stunt, he came to the decision using Euphie and Nunally's intent to forgive Zero as a crutch or "excuse" if you will, to make this choice. Now if instead he had used them instead as a "reference" and came to a decision himself, then what Nina said would not have phased him that much, instead he should be correcting Nina's belief that Euphie wanted revenge, that Euphie was not the kind of person who favoured such actions. The fact of the matter is, when it came to tough decisions, Suzaku has been shown to be unable to make choices himself without using others to do it for him.

Last edited by demon_god04; 2008-06-19 at 10:56.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 10:41   Link #659
seiji_kun

Quote:
I wonder when this happened. Was it when Cordelia got first introduced? And Lelouch had no followers and tried to repeat that miracle that he made happen in the second episode? With all do respect, she ain't such a tactical mastermind. She's advanced but not on the lvl of a Lelouch or Schneizel. The only reason Cordelia won was cause of her advanced knightmares and cause the troops didn't follow Lelouches commands either.

But like C.C. said afterwards, he shouldn't look for excuses cause he has the gift to create miracles. He just doesn't has to overestimate himself. Which is one of his flaws, he's to arrogant at times but that's one of the things I like bout him. The fact that he thinks he can overcome anything.
Old 2008-06-19, 10:44   Link #660
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
He didn't just drop a mountain on Cornelia's forces. He dropped a mountain on pretty much the main fighting forces of the JLF (and then used them as cover while they escaped). But the fact that Cornelia considered them a giant threat to do a sneak attack proves that they were NOT on their last legs.
Watch Ep 10 again. The general was pretty much giving up because there forces were dropping like fly's and wetting himself because Todou wasn't there for a miracle. Also she launched a sneak attack so they wouldn't get wind of an attack and scatter.

Quote:
Yes... he tried so hard to avoid it during the lack Rebellion... and when he destroyed the mountain... and if you want to be technical, the whole Euhpie incident.
The civilains had been evacuated before he dropped the mountain, he only collaspsed the outer edge of the settlement to avoid needless civilain casualties(he could've collapsed the whole thing except the school) and he did not deliberately order her to massacre the elevens

Tags
characters, favorite