AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-28, 23:20   Link #1081
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Man, I was hoping for Matsumoto to be normal but I guess the location attracts weirdos in general. I'm not sure I'm happy with the conclusion, though. Season 2, when?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 23:40   Link #1082
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Man, I was hoping for Matsumoto to be normal but I guess the location attracts weirdos in general.
She is normal... abnormally normal. XD

As a conclusion it could have been more satisfying but I still enjoyed the episode and I'm still wanting more. Second season, only a matter of time?
Old 2010-06-28, 23:45   Link #1083
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... we have to wait and see what that rumored press conference with the staff and VAs reveals. Fingers crossed.
Old 2010-06-28, 23:58   Link #1084
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
She is normal... abnormally normal. XD
I didn't expect her to mull over it, though :V I expected DISREGARD COWORKERS' SHENANIGANS, ACQUIRE CURRENCY.

The least they can give us are DVD only episodes.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 00:00   Link #1085
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Uwaah so pretty. Throughout the whole date I forgot Souta was actually a guy with his facial expressions and behavior for all things cute. Surprising he called Inami, a non-tiny person, cute *shock* Loved when Popura prayed to him while making her wish...kid's meal hahaha. Hopes for second season with Maya added into mix.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 01:33   Link #1086
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Ep 13:

I hope there's going be a 2nd season for this anime. D=
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 18:50   Link #1087
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well... we have to wait and see what that rumored press conference with the staff and VAs reveals. Fingers crossed.
It's killing me already
Old 2010-06-29, 22:35   Link #1088
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I didn't love the final episode, but it was fine. It just wasn't nearly as funny as this series at it's best, and at it's best I don't think this series takes things seriously. I just don't find the more conventional romance aspects and Inami's more cliched character as interesting as the more oddball stuff surrounding the restaurant and Souta's dysfunctional family. There were moments - Poplar's dog-frisbee misunderstanding, Satou's hijacking of the stalking trip (and of SOuma's wallet).

More importantly, the series on the whole was excellent - every bit the smart slice-of-life series I hoped it would be. This is a perfect sequel candidate - fairly popular, not so serious that plot continuity needs to be a major concern, lots more source material. It certainly wouldn't shock me a bit of we get another season - hopefully with more Poplar...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 00:36   Link #1089
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Man, I was hoping for Matsumoto to be normal but I guess the location attracts weirdos in general. I'm not sure I'm happy with the conclusion, though. Season 2, when?
Basically, how strange all of her coworkers are has given her a complex about being normal. So she's kinda been affected by her coworkers into wanting to prove her normalcy so badly that she's abnormal. Poor girl.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 00:41   Link #1090
eiyuu99

If she isn't obsessed in proving her normalcy, she'll be normal.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 01:15   Link #1091
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So, anyone know when exactly is the date that they'll be having the press conference?
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 01:41   Link #1092
mikoo
Banned

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 05:29   Link #1093
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
So, anyone know when exactly is the date that they'll be having the press conference?
July 25th. (I originally posted it back here...maybe we follow a lead from 2ch and put all important info on the first page so that people can just refer back to it!)

It's called "The Great Summer Thanksgiving" and 6 cast members will be appearing, so it's not just a press conference, but the news piece doesn't give much of an indication of what it'll be about.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-06-30 at 10:15. Reason: *Eng going from bad to worse...*
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 06:00   Link #1094
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
July 25th. (I originally posted it back here...maybe we follow a lead from 2ch and put all important info on the first page so that people can just refer back to it!)

It's called "The Great Summer Thanksgiving" and 6 cast members will be appearing, so it's not just a press conference, but the news piece doesn't much of an indication of what it'll be about.
Hmm, still some time away. Thanks for the info! I remember seeing something like that before, but I'm too lazy/busy to open previous pages to find one specific post. Sorry!
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 07:41   Link #1095
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
It's called "The Great Summer Thanksgiving" and 6 cast members will be appearing, so it's not just a press conference, but the news piece doesn't much of an indication of what it'll be about.
Indeed. Try not to get your hopes up too much, as 2nd Season announcements aren't usually given during after-broadcast conferences, but on the websites of the series in question.
Old 2010-06-30, 12:11   Link #1096
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Working!! ended up being rather enjoyable towards the end. The rather eccentric cast and Souta crossdressing made it possible. Maybe a bit too much Inami, but thats alright.

Oh yea, the full thoughts about the show can be read on my blog. I don't feel like rewriting my thoughts again.

Grade: 8.65/10, B/B+
Old 2010-06-30, 12:23   Link #1097
Shibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
Lol at Matsumoto being in the back xD
Also, I loved the ~~Yamada Yamada~~ at the end of the episode (I need that music NAOW )
Shibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 16:14   Link #1098
CWW
Lurker

I was robbed. ROBBED. COCKBLOCK OF THE YEAR. EPIC TROLLING etc.

All I wanted was some hand holding. WAS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? GAWD.

If they announce a second season, all will be forgiven. Otherwise, A-1 is dead to me. DEAD.

With that out of my system, I find it amusing that people still categorize the show as slice of life. They seem to forget that the show is populated by oddballs. Not eccentrics in a cute way, but real nutters in a 'how do these freaks manage to function in society' way. They kidnap a runaway girl and let her live in an attic for Christ's sake. Does she even go to school?

Everything in the show primarily happens to set up a gag, which sets up another gag and so forth. In the final episode, Yamada pours water over Takanashi to force him to cross dress and he complied without any sort of retaliation. Didn't anyone have spare clothes he could borrow? Or has Takanashi finally become aware what a rockin' waistline he has? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.

tl;dr Best comedy of the season.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 17:22   Link #1099
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
I find it amusing that people still categorize the show as slice of life.
& that's because it is a slice of life show.
Old 2010-06-30, 17:44   Link #1100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& that's because it is a slice of life show.
I find it so difficult to identify what counts as "slice of life." I'd call this show "comedy." Is it SoL (so to speak) because it has no strong continuing plot? My touchstones for SoL are Aria and YKK. Is Ichigo Mashimaro "comedy" (my favorite comedy anime) or "slice of life comedy" or what? Seitokai no Ichizon? Not criticizing, just confused.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen