AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-09, 11:15   Link #7601
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Hata, can you tell me why there's Eva's pactio card in there? Is that bonus pactio card if you buy the tankoubon or something?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 16:12   Link #7602
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Hata, can you tell me why there's Eva's pactio card in there? Is that bonus pactio card if you buy the tankoubon or something?
That will be a bonus pactio card with Japanese Volume 36 Limited Edition. Since many volumes ago, the limited edition comes with a pactio card each. For example, Ayaka pactio card came with vol 35, even though she only get her pactio after the release of that volume (or at least after it was announced her pactio card would come with it).
Old 2011-11-10, 23:30   Link #7603
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hasn't anyone thought of the possibility that we might avoid the sealing by some happenings?
First thing I thought about to be honest, kind of hard to see Negi pull that move on his most beloved student even if he IS an immortal semi-dark undead now. Even if he does, I don't mind. And her personality is, with 99.9% certainty, not going to disappear, regardless of whether she's gonna nap for 100 years or not. All Negi has to do is sneeze her clothes off and she'll come back to her senses again and harisen him sky-high, that's probably what the last few panels of the manga will be like if she does get sealed.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 23:58   Link #7604
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

You know, before we start throwing things out there, we still have Nagi and the LM to deal with, and I think it's very likely that we'll get more info after that fight. It's not over yet, let's not get ahead of ourselves trying to guess the ending before we know all the facts. I guarantee Nagi/The LM will have something to say about Asuna and Negi's plan. Heck, Chao herself might show up.

And for the record, I'd hate an ending where Asuna is sealed and Negi waits for her. That's depressing. At least Asuna seems to have no intention of going quietly, right?
Old 2011-11-11, 01:25   Link #7605
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
And for the record, I'd hate an ending where Asuna is sealed and Negi waits for her. That's depressing. At least Asuna seems to have no intention of going quietly, right?
Only if by "no intention of going quietly" you mean "no intention of her personality fading." From what we've seen so far, she's entirely willing to be sealed away in the next few months or less for a hundred years and that's the current plan. Long shot alternatives do not seem to be on the table at the moment, nor do we have indication they're being looked for.

Seeing as this couldn't possibly have been part of Negi's original plan, hopefully the next chapter will go into what changed, and what the long shot alternatives are.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 02:42   Link #7606
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Just read the chapter. Wonder what's going to happen after this? The sneezing part was funny though.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 03:15   Link #7607
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Pff, this is Negima. They're bound to find some last-minute way to avoid sealing Asuna.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 03:25   Link #7608
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Considering that Negi had that ominous silence at the last page, during the discussion, I have a feeling that his "plan" includes hijacking Asuna's sacrifice at the last moment, making him the pillar

Of course, like Keroko said this is Negima, so chances that a third option comes out before the finale? 99% (1% reserved for the off-chance Akamatsu got too 'inspired' by his drinking buddy )
Old 2011-11-11, 05:16   Link #7609
Giriath

It's also possible that Chao Lingshen knew about these events and left behind some technology for them to discover and use to make the sacrifice unnecessary or less of a burden.
If that were the case though, I expect Chachamaru would know of it and have already told Asuna and Negi.

Whether a third option becomes available probably depends on how long Akamatsu intends to continue the series.
If short (10-20 chapters), the sacrifice scenario should soon unfold, after which there will be a time jump and the end, however it all comes about.
If longer, a third option will probably be discovered and the series will go on to solve the remaining mysteries of MotB, Nagi and Arika.
Giriath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:50   Link #7610
Shadow5YA

There's no way Negi would be fine with sealing Asuna away.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:57   Link #7611
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Considering that Negi had that ominous silence at the last page, during the discussion, I have a feeling that his "plan" includes hijacking Asuna's sacrifice at the last moment, making him the pillar

Of course, like Keroko said this is Negima, so chances that a third option comes out before the finale? 99% (1% reserved for the off-chance Akamatsu got too 'inspired' by his drinking buddy )
3rd option could LM/Nagi

who is Akamatsu's drinking buddy?
Old 2011-11-11, 18:08   Link #7612
y0shi

I dont get WHY they want to do this? Do they need the princess for their plan and try to get rid of the asuna personality this way?

Anyways I loved the sneeze, awesome ending for that fight :P

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 18:12   Link #7613
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
I dont get WHY they want to do this? Do they need the princess for their plan and try to get rid of the asuna personality this way?

Anyways I loved the sneeze, awesome ending for that fight :P
i think the plan is to used Asuna as battery to keep up the MW while Mars get terraform. However since Asuna is not the true personality of the Princess of Twilight the Asuna personality might not make it thorough the hundred yr sleep.
Old 2011-11-11, 19:16   Link #7614
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
3rd option could LM/Nagi

I think he's referring to Miura Kentaro the creator of Berserk, which is not a cheerful manga.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 19:17   Link #7615
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I think he's referring to Miura Kentaro the creator of Berserk, which is not a cheerful manga.
could be worst, he could be drinking buddy with the creator of Zetman.
Old 2011-11-11, 20:21   Link #7616
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
nobody famous AFAIR, Miura used to fool around in Ken's studio a couple of years ago for a day? (instead of working hard on his own manga WW) because he is a big time Yue fan, and it pretty much got exaggerate way out of proportion by the fans, Hata (Hayate) was paired with him for promotion purpose (when Magazine and Sunday co-celebrate 50 years plus the movies) and they are cordial, but nothing deep, and that relationship started in part because Hata is the disciple of Kumeta (Zetsubo), and Kumeta carries a semi serious grudge toward Ken for his success and cosplay wife, which you can tell from his manga and the TV series in-jokes (absolutely no reason at all, Ken never knew him or speak to him before, so Ken always refer to Kumeta as "that guy". or "that jerk", etc. but also in a joking way.) Ken also exchange expensive/good chocolate/white day present with Clamp, but that is just after ONE encounter during an award ceremony,

mainly, mangaka don't have time to social with mangaka, (Ken can't even find a common off day with Hata to check out the movie cafe which feature their movies) they are after all, mangaka, the only time when they did social (year end company party and mahjong tournament), Ken is usually paired with Magazine's own second line people, nobody we will take particular notice.

(and come to think of it, Ken being successful, is able to live in Tokyo, the mangaka who live around him also are successful, which mean they are busy and don't have time to social much, many mangaka do not live at Tokyo, while have time to social, are too far away, etc.)

==========
less than a week, and the first small cover of 36 is out, features but of course Negi and Asuna AKA husband and wife combine sword pose. no idea how the LE will looks like, Asuna being behind Negi and the sword, the only way they might show more flesh on Asuna is take out/readjust the sword in front of her.

also the Negiho cover is out, and features...who else, Asuna.

will post when bigger picts shows up, LE probably not until a few days after former release, since on the web they use the box art instead of the cover art.
Old 2011-11-12, 00:17   Link #7617
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's no way Negi would be fine with sealing Asuna away.
Perhaps not, but it is Asuna's choice and no doubt, if Negi finds another way, he'll use it and bring out Asuna early. After all, Negi is now more or less immortal and thus he'll be around in 100-years.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 02:47   Link #7618
Dark Wing

I still can't believe this is happening theres no way Asuna can just be locked away like this...It's just too curl...
Old 2011-11-12, 14:14   Link #7619
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I still can't believe this is happening theres no way Asuna can just be locked away like this...It's just too curl...
Would you prefer it to be too straighten?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 14:33   Link #7620
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Would you prefer it to be too straighten?
Negi will iron out a plan.

If he still needs to end up doing this, maybe he'll find a way for Asuna to remote control some kind of puppet while she's sealed away, for limited periods of time if not constantly. Or maybe Asuna will sleep the full duration, manage to keep her current personality intact, and use time travel to join her friends again. Or Chao will do something else with the power of SCIENCE!

Tags
action, fantasy