AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-26, 23:30   Link #181
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I liked TSR that crazy guy bolnde guy Gates I think I love his scenes there funny especially the "I think I need a new haircut" line in episode 13

Old 2010-07-01, 04:36   Link #182
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Rewatching TSR on my new FullHD screen.

"Launch SUBLARS"!
;_;

Damn those region locked blu rays. Euros get fucked as always!
Old 2010-07-06, 02:16   Link #183
LemonMunchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
;_;

Damn those region locked blu rays. Euros get fucked as always!
but he's from italy!

Last edited by LemonMunchies; 2010-07-06 at 02:17. Reason: kache isn't female!
Old 2010-08-25, 00:08   Link #184
Nadia Andini

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxChris43xX View Post
I have a question about TSR.... I wanna know if its a good follow up to the original series.... I heard that Fumoffu was good, but what of TSR?...
u definitely must see it! well, fumoffu is kinda for joke stuff, but TSR is the continuation of the first season.
Old 2010-08-25, 00:10   Link #185
Nadia Andini

i love when Kaname was sobbing in the middle of the rain, wanting sousuke to get back. I cried too

and the scene when Kaname punched Sousuke in episode 12
Old 2010-08-25, 00:36   Link #186
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I defiantly love the last episode this TSR, where Souske was pretty much "dead" inside, and felt nothing and becoming almost like an assassin with the way he talks. After hearing the news the jerk gave him, and then exploding the building along with his corpse.

But then Kaname comes in and beats him up to a pulp, I especially love the 2 other people that were about to shoot Souske's reaction "She is almost like a demon.."
Old 2011-02-04, 07:48   Link #187
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Has anyone bought/seen the Blu-ray box set?
When Sousuke fights Gates in the last episode, the TV broadcast played the opening during that scene whilst the DVD had its own BGM. Does the Blu-ray have alternative audio tracks for this? I actually prefer how the TV version handled it, the background music they used for the DVD just doesn't work me.

禁則事項です
Old 2011-02-04, 08:37   Link #188
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Has anyone bought/seen the Blu-ray box set?
When Sousuke fights Gates in the last episode, the TV broadcast played the opening during that scene whilst the DVD had its own BGM. Does the Blu-ray have alternative audio tracks for this? I actually prefer how the TV version handled it, the background music they used for the DVD just doesn't work me.
OMG THIS SO MUCH. I always hate how they fucked up that part - the opening in that scene was so epic. I own the DVD's and i watched the japanese BD Rips and both don't use the opening. I already bought the US BD's but it will take another 2 weeks until they arrive. Still i expect them as well to not use the opening. Hope that was of some help. Don't keep your hopes to high. The Opening in that place was just a tv thing i guess...
Old 2011-02-04, 22:35   Link #189
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Glad I'm not alone on this.
... Oh well, I was really hoping they'd fix that part.

禁則事項です
Old 2011-10-26, 21:13   Link #190
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I feel sorry for you Chidori/Sousuke fans. Clearly, Sousuke acknowledging Chidori as "Chidori"(her family name), yet acknowledging Tessarossa as "Tessa" shows that he cares for her moreso romantically than Chidori.
Old 2011-10-26, 21:54   Link #191
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I feel sorry for you Chidori/Sousuke fans. Clearly, Sousuke acknowledging Chidori as "Chidori"(her family name), yet acknowledging Tessarossa as "Tessa" shows that he cares for her moreso romantically than Chidori.
BAHAHAHAHAHAH

To clarify, laughing at you, not with you =P Sorry. Rude, I know, but here...

Sousuke only calls Tessa by "Tessa" because she requested it. Kaname has never requested Sousuke call her anything else, so he calls her by what he feels comfortable. He feels EXTREMELY uncomfortable calling Tessa by that nickname, and it shows. Every. Single. Time. He HATES being familiar with her. It goes against every fiber of his being, but he does it because she requested it and is his superior officer. He also is new at this "friendship" thing, and he values her friendship as well, so he does it despite his misgivings because he believes it's part of respecting her as a friend. (Not going to get into the rant about "If she respected him, she wouldn't force him to do things that make him uncomfortable." But think about it...)

No, he doesn't have a single romantic notion about the girl.

When he's speaking comfortably? He calls Tessa "Captain." Not even by a NAME. She's just "Captain." She is a rank to him.

When speaking comfortably with Kaname, yes, sure, it's Chidori. No honorifics (that's not how he rolls). Just Chidori. Not "Student Council Vice President." Not "Class Representative." It's "Chidori." He calls Hayashimizu by HIS rank (a bit exaggerated, but even so, it's a title he uses), and Kaname has those two school positions that Sousuke could refer to her as. She also has the codename Angel (although that would be awfully cheesy) that he could use, but does not. She is a name to him. Not a rank. Not a codename. She is a person with a name that he wants to use.

There's more I can point you to in how he refers to Kaname, but they're pretty novel-specific, and this is an anime thread. So, I'll stick with the points shown in the anime, and leave it as I have above.
Old 2012-02-06, 17:08   Link #192
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay - finished up watching all three seasons of the Full Metal Panic series: that is, the original one, "the second raid" and fumoffu.

First off I am not a mecha fan - it just is not all that interesting to me as a subject matter in of itself.

That being said, of the three series the first one was easily my favorite. The second raid showed a little bit of growth for the male lead, and fumoffu, while admittedly absurd and filled with recycled dumb humor at times, had some genuine moments where the Sosuke and Chidori were a little honest with each other.

To be honest I was often frustrated by extreme portrayals of Chidori and her aggressive, perhaps even nasty attitude and behavior contrasted with Sosuke's outright denseness towards reality around him. For me it felt as if there was very little growth with either of them overall, and the "reason" was so that the extremes could be a continuous vein to mine for over-used dumb humor. Sometimes using this method "works", but for me it did not work in the three series, and quite frankly it got in the way at times.

Overall not that bad, but for me not something I would watch all the way through again - maybe season one, but not the others. Mecha fans might enjoy it more, as there is plenty of mecha and "specialized technology" present.
Old 2012-02-26, 18:02   Link #193
tigerfan93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Okay - finished up watching all three seasons of the Full Metal Panic series: that is, the original one, "the second raid" and fumoffu.

First off I am not a mecha fan - it just is not all that interesting to me as a subject matter in of itself.

That being said, of the three series the first one was easily my favorite. The second raid showed a little bit of growth for the male lead, and fumoffu, while admittedly absurd and filled with recycled dumb humor at times, had some genuine moments where the Sosuke and Chidori were a little honest with each other.

To be honest I was often frustrated by extreme portrayals of Chidori and her aggressive, perhaps even nasty attitude and behavior contrasted with Sosuke's outright denseness towards reality around him. For me it felt as if there was very little growth with either of them overall, and the "reason" was so that the extremes could be a continuous vein to mine for over-used dumb humor. Sometimes using this method "works", but for me it did not work in the three series, and quite frankly it got in the way at times.

Overall not that bad, but for me not something I would watch all the way through again - maybe season one, but not the others. Mecha fans might enjoy it more, as there is plenty of mecha and "specialized technology" present.
Well, I'd have to say that the story has just begun if u just watched the anime. I found fumoffu hilarious due to it only being made as a comedy. But, in no way was it used to push the story so the relationship between sosuke and chidori never really got to a new ground during it. However, if u really want to see the real relationship between them burst out and consume everything i recommand u read Sigma or the novels. I'm not saying its a bad thing that the relationship would do this, in fact i loved it. Sosuke finally starts to show more emotion after the events of TSR and is shown to really care for Chidori. I really wish i could tell u more but i don't want to spoil the fun for anyone.
Old 2013-03-14, 18:31   Link #194
Esg

Just finished Second raid last month

Why can we not have nice things and get more?
Old 2013-03-15, 02:34   Link #195
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Cause it didn't sell well enough and it was hard to animate?

But there is a rule on these sort of things. Never say never. Space Battleship Yamato was held in general limbo for about 30 years and now it has a kickass series going on presently.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:45   Link #196
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hayst... I hope they just end the anime... I mean have a closing to the series... I want Kaname and Sousuke going Lovy Dovy in the end...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, kadokawa, mecha, school life, shounen