AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-30, 23:21   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
We don't actually know if they'll be reborn afterwords, its just a theory the SSS is running on. Otonashi was wondering this very question at the end of the episode.

For all we know the place they're in is just a place where they can free themselves of regret before resting in the afterlife.

Yuri's true reason for not wanting to go to the afterlife is probably because she can't bear to face her siblings. Not wanting the possibility of reincarnation might just be her excuse not to do so.
The point is that nobody really knows. Otonashi certainly doesn't have any idea and yet he is perfectly glad to send the others on their way.

Honestly just can't shake the feeling that he really is a traitor. He is a traitor with good intentions, but still a traitor. Planning on still believing in what they are doing while at the same time plotting to make them all disappear. It's sad since I used to like his character.
Old 2010-05-30, 23:58   Link #82
Mazrem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
is it healthy to rage against something for sole sake of raging?

That's like saying I want to make a living by being constantly bitter at the world

I think Yuri considers this a game where God is the last boss

but this isn't Shin Megami Tensei. If anything all evidence points to God not existing.
I understand she wants to clear the game on Chaos route, but if she's playing any game this would be the Sims. The only way to graduate from it is when you feel you have nothing else to accomplish.

She is closer to Don Quixote than say, Che Guavara.

Otonashi wants to take that regrets away from her. After that, is she wants to pass on then its her choice to make. If there something still holding her back, she will stay.
I wouldn't really say she's raging just to rage. What happened to her was really messed up beyond belief. I doubt even Otonashi, with his self-sacrificing attitude, would be able to resist becoming bitter and angry over it. It's the main reason she can't disappear, not only because she feels personally responsible for being unable to save her siblings, but because she also can't understand why god would allow it to happen in the first place.

Regardless, Otonashi's got one heck of a task before him.
Old 2010-05-31, 00:42   Link #83
maplehurry

Quote:
Otonashi certainly doesn't have any idea and yet he is perfectly glad to send the others on their way.
People can have different views on this, and this one is certainly not something I would consider abnormal, in fact, I would consider this has been the "default" position in mainstream fictions, "the dead should move on" so to speak. To paraphase what someone else has said (though a bit differently)... only in Angel Beats can we see people being iffy at the idea of ghosts overcoming their regret and move on. This is quite an interesting theme.

Otonashi IS a traitor for lying, but that's a separate issue.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2010-05-31 at 02:30.
Old 2010-05-31, 07:58   Link #84
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The point is that nobody really knows. Otonashi certainly doesn't have any idea and yet he is perfectly glad to send the others on their way.

Honestly just can't shake the feeling that he really is a traitor. He is a traitor with good intentions, but still a traitor. Planning on still believing in what they are doing while at the same time plotting to make them all disappear. It's sad since I used to like his character.
Everyone has their own believes. Someone believes in afterlife someone doesn't. Otonashi might have started to believe in some happy place afterwards.
Besides so far everyone who had dissapeared didn't really mind it. If you don't want to dissapear, don't fulifil your dream. It is completly up to them to decide.

Though doing it in secret is bad, I do dissagree with the way he decided to do it. But will see how it will turn out.
Old 2010-05-31, 12:20   Link #85
eiyuu99

Their original objective has already failed,
so Otonashi is trying the next bext thing.
Old 2010-05-31, 18:14   Link #86
Crontica

And so the Angel Beats R1 Arc begins ~~ Hopefully Yuri will catch something amiss with the next characters highly inevitable disappearance.
Old 2010-06-04, 22:12   Link #87
Kristen
*Author

Here's a question.

Why did Otonoshi lose his memories? They said those who suffer brain damage tend to, but his injury was in his abdomen. He died of thirst from what I could see, not hitting his head.
Old 2010-06-05, 02:35   Link #88
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Here's a question.

Why did Otonoshi lose his memories? They said those who suffer brain damage tend to, but his injury was in his abdomen. He died of thirst from what I could see, not hitting his head.
Maybe since he was bleeding internally for seven days he started to lose oxygen in his brain causing it the be kind of hazy then he died.
Old 2010-06-05, 07:53   Link #89
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Maybe since he was bleeding internally for seven days he started to lose oxygen in his brain causing it the be kind of hazy then he died.
Don't think it works like that
Old 2010-06-05, 15:29   Link #90
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Don't think it works like that
What do you mean it does not work like that?

The more blood you lose the more oxygen you lose around your body. Your brain then tries to get all the glucose and oxygen supply around your body to compensate for it's lost. Since it does not seem like he has eatten or drink for a while combine with the fact he is bleeding internally would cause his mind to be hazy first then he died.
Old 2010-06-05, 19:33   Link #91
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I'm with you on this one, Otonashi really seems like he's turned horrible, a nice horrible but he knows they all like being together yet he's happily going to break them all up for some strange reason.

He believed in what they were doing up until that one point when he suddenly just changed his mind and decided to turn into some kind of Angel who wants to make people dissapear.
Old 2010-06-05, 19:54   Link #92
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I'm with you on this one, Otonashi really seems like he's turned horrible, a nice horrible but he knows they all like being together yet he's happily going to break them all up for some strange reason.

He believed in what they were doing up until that one point when he suddenly just changed his mind and decided to turn into some kind of Angel who wants to make people dissapear.
And I don't see what's wrong with Otonashi pushing others to find their inner peace, and I assume Hinata was thinking the same thing by the end of ep 10 (could be debatable)

And what's wrong with being a traitor?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-05, 21:09   Link #93
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
And I don't see what's wrong with Otonashi pushing others to find their inner peace, and I assume Hinata was thinking the same thing by the end of ep 10 (could be debatable)

And what's wrong with being a traitor?
I believe Hinata is thinking the same way too. That is why Yurippe will start being the law and punish these two traitors.lol.

Who knows maybe they can get Yurippe in this too.
Old 2010-06-06, 12:29   Link #94
eiyuu99

Yet who is willing to be the "Genie", other than Otonashi?
Closed Thread