Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 18:38   Link #1901
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
I'm sorry but unless your deliberatly saying hey look over there is the epitomy of ugly, I shall date them then your probably deciding if their attractive or not, which you do on instinct (we are animals after all).

Now thats not to say your going after super models because your probably not but in a very, very rapid amount of time you've decided if another person is attractive or not based purely on apperence.

Of course theres a distinct possibility that personality wise or life stylewise they might not be a match but thats why you talk to a person and fliter with them, both of you are trying to decide if each other is a good match.

Like it or not there have been extensive studies into sexual attraction, its a pretty interesting subject, I just skim read this article and its probably worth checking out.
Well, I always find it funny when some people don't fit what the scientists see as norm.

There were many debates in France about that. Men who are [sexually] attracted by fat or older women exist (and there were some quite good looking guys among those who were shown. IIRC, It was in a "Ca se Discute" debate) Women who fell in love with quite poor guys (so they don't fit the "women only go after the men with big wallet" <<< in the case of these, the society itself plays a big role imo, much more than genetics. When i compare how it is said to be in some asian countries in comparison to France, I can see that.) etc.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-16 at 18:48.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 18:51   Link #1902
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
I'm sorry but unless your deliberatly saying hey look over there is the epitomy of ugly, I shall date them then your probably deciding if their attractive or not, which you do on instinct (we are animals after all).

Now thats not to say your going after super models because your probably not but in a very, very rapid amount of time you've decided if another person is attractive or not based purely on apperence.

Of course theres a distinct possibility that personality wise or life stylewise they might not be a match but thats why you talk to a person and fliter with them, both of you are trying to decide if each other is a good match.

Like it or not there have been extensive studies into sexual attraction, its a pretty interesting subject, I just skim read this article and its probably worth checking out.

sexual attraction
I'm pretty immune to most human instincts (I'm completey eccentric)

Thing is, my wires are like this.

I don't notice looks much at all, but if a girl says she plays video games, or watches anime, I get attracted to her.

I know, I just don't see the fundamental perpous of looks, (I'm too logical in that area) Looks in my opinion just seem like a useless addon.

It's like when you buy a car, and it looks awsome, but it works like shit >.<

It's the same in how I just grab random clothes to wear.

It's not that I'm lowering my standed's, It's that I really honestly don't get why people like looks so much. I just don't understand the great thing about them.

It's alot like how I see people beating each other up, I never have got a urge to beat anyone up (But thats more because I'm a girly, so that's probably completely irrelevant to this topic.)
Old 2009-10-16, 19:27   Link #1903
stubby42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, I always find it funny when some people don't fit what the scientists see as norm.

There were many debates in France about that. Men who are [sexually] attracted by fat or older women exist (and there were some quite good looking guys among those who were shown. IIRC, It was in a "Ca se Discute" debate) Women who fell in love with quite poor guys (so they don't fit the "women only go after the men with big wallet" <<< in the case of these, the society itself plays a big role imo, much more than genetics. When i compare how it is said to be in some asian countries in comparison to France, I can see that.) etc.
Well the problem with the science of sexual attraction is that biology is competeing with enviromental factors, fat women used to be considered attractive because it was a sign of wealth, or another example would be polgyamy its arguable that the fact we see having more than one wife/husband as a bad thing is a social construct.

There have been many societies where polygamy was accetable (native american tribes come to mind) because some of them found they had more women than men, polygamy was a practical solution.

Of course theres alot of biological evidence to suggest that were not suited to polygamy but you get my point.

Quote:
I'm pretty immune to most human instincts (I'm completey eccentric)

Thing is, my wires are like this.

I don't notice looks much at all, but if a girl says she plays video games, or watches anime, I get attracted to her.

I know, I just don't see the fundamental perpous of looks, (I'm too logical in that area) Looks in my opinion just seem like a useless addon.
Are you autistic? if not then your probably not immune to most human instincts.

As for looks being useless? looks are bloody important from a biological stand point because their an indication of A fertility and B a good genetic match.

Lets just completely ignore plastic sugery for a moment because it kind of complicates what I'm getting at.

Large breasts are an indication that the woman in question probably produces quite alot of milk and wide hips suggest that they give birth to children fairly easily (something that would of been a big issue before the days of hospitals).

Having a healthy apperance also suggests that your not hiding any gentic disorders (its far from precise but but up until very recently its all we've had) that you will pass on to your child.

So yes, looks are very important.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 19:29   Link #1904
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Well the problem with the science of sexual attraction is that biology is competeing with enviromental factors, fat women used to be considered attractive because it was a sign of wealth, or another example would be polgyamy its arguable that the fact we see having more than one wife/husband as a bad thing is a social construct.

There have been many societies where polygamy was accetable (native american tribes come to mind) because some of them found they had more women than men, polygamy was a practical solution.

Of course theres alot of biological evidence to suggest that were not suited to polygamy but you get my point.

Are you autistic? if not then your probably not immune to most human instincts.

As for looks being useless? looks are bloody important from a biological stand point because their an indication of A fertility and B a good genetic match.

Lets just completely ignore plastic sugery for a moment because it kind of complicates what I'm getting at.

Large breasts are an indication that the woman in question probably produces quite alot of milk and wide hips suggest that they give birth to children fairly easily (something that would of been a big issue before the days of hospitals).

Having a healthy apperance also suggests that your not hiding any gentic disorders (its far from precise but but up until very recently its all we've had) that you will pass on to your child.

Mkay then ^ _ ^

I still don't see the important's of them (Well I see the biological perpouses, but not the reason in theory to why I would care), but I know you have a right to your own opinion, so I'll respect that ^ _ ^

Also, I'm not autism, (I dun think) I'm a eccentric girly ^ _ ^

I guess I still do not understand human's though...

Last edited by Otaku Emperor; 2009-10-16 at 19:51.
Otaku Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 19:36   Link #1905
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Large breasts are an indication that the woman in question probably produces quite alot of milk
French scientists says that this is not true at all.

One link among many others: http://sante-medecine.commentcamarch...laitement.php3

Quote:
Given the numbers of people who would then be considered to look bad, but continue to happily reproduce, I think a lot of people don't see it as "very" important. Not as important as many other things. Ledgem wrote a nice post about it.
Old 2009-10-16, 19:51   Link #1906
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Quote:
French scientists says that this is not true at all.

One link among many others: http://sante-medecine.commentcamarch...laitement.php3

Given the numbers of people who would then be considered to look bad, but continue to happily reproduce, I think a lot of people don't see it as "very" important. Not as important as many other things. Ledgem wrote a nice post about it.
Ummmm, Lolz, thats in French >.<

English linkeys?
Old 2009-10-16, 19:55   Link #1907
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

I actually understood a great deal of that, which isn't so bad for someone who knows as little French as myself haha!

That girl I mentioned seems to be biting, and it looks as if another girl I know might like me too!

Crazy how as soon as I turn single this stuff pops up. I haven't even spoken to this girl since about last year, now she talks with me every day and she's always flirting a little haha.

This is an excellent boost of my self-esteem :P
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 19:55   Link #1908
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post

English linkeys?
I don't know the sources of english studies. That's why I linked a french site, because this is a common question that is raised often by girls, and because french doctors and scientists often reply to it.

But I found that in 5 sec on google:

Quote:
It is the amount of fatty tissue that makes some breasts bigger than others. In other words, the milk producing apparatus is about the same in both small and big breasts. Therefore breast size is not linked to the ability to produce breast milk and breastfeed per se. Even flat-chested women, who don't have practically any fat cells in their breasts, can breastfeed. Besides, you really don't know your final breast size until after your first pregnancy, because the milk-producing cells and milk ducts grow and branch out a lot during the third trimester.
http://www.007b.com/breast_size_breastfeeding.php
Old 2009-10-16, 19:57   Link #1909
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
I hate quoting wikipedia but:
Quote:
The breasts of primates are flat, yet are able to produce sufficient milk for feeding their young. The breasts of non-lactating human females are filled with fatty tissue and not milk. Thus it has been suggested the rounded female breasts are signals of fertility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post

English linkeys?
Google translate ftw :P.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 19:58   Link #1910
stubby42

Quote:
Oh I agree with you guys I'm just pointing out that there is a perfectly valid argument for looks, the fact is attraction is an extremely complex science its not pure biology because theres alot of social and phsycological stuff going on as well.

Your also taking what I'm saying too literally, my feeling is that all of the 'un attractive' people find each other attractive, I havent read too much on the science but I'm guessing most of us know we arent from the best gene pool around so we go for others on a similar level to our own.

I feel kind of bad saying all this stuff because I really only have a vague understanding of the science (serriously ask me anything about the internet in relation to buisness and ecomonics and I'm your man but i'm really not that well read on sexual attraction theory) but you cant ignore biology because its a part of everything we do.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 20:02   Link #1911
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Quote:
Oh I agree with you guys I'm just pointing out that there is a perfectly valid argument for looks, the fact is attraction is an extremely complex science its not pure biology because theres alot of social and phsycological stuff going on as well.

Your also taking what I'm saying too literally, my feeling is that all of the 'un attractive' people find each other attractive, I havent read too much on the science but I'm guessing most of us know we arent from the best gene pool around so we go for others on a similar level to our own.

I feel kind of bad saying all this stuff because I really only have a vague understanding of the science (serriously ask me anything about the internet in relation to buisness and ecomonics and I'm your man but i'm really not that well read on sexual attraction theory) but you cant ignore biology because its a part of everything we do.
Lolz, same with me, I just apply everything I think into words, I dun know much about sciency stuff.
Old 2009-10-16, 20:09   Link #1912
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

You know, about attraction, I merely gave an opinion based on what i saw, read, and from the programs I watched on the TV XD.

I didn't say a lot of things about my personal opinion. But in the past, I did write a lot about discrimination towards the good looking people (i mean, for example when people think that every good looking man are evil, or that good looking women all have a bad personality etc.) I think look and taking care of one's body matter. I am part of those who take care of their body a lot. In my case, not because I want people to look at me, but mainly because I care for my body, and because I like mine.

As I see it, somebody who tries (no need to have alot of money to try to not eat a lot of fat, or to go running a bit) to take care of him/herself is in some cases, at least aware that it is important because we have only one body and we can't be repaired easily like a car.

Etc etc.

But beside my own view on it, I just notice that for many people, it is not seen as important as I see it. But I still agree fully with what Ledgem wrote, while I think look matters,for me, is not the "most #1" important.
Old 2009-10-16, 20:11   Link #1913
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Yeah, there are definite social/psychological factors concerning sexual attraction.

Quote:
Hmm, I think it's more of "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" kind of thing. Also, like Narona said, some people don't use looks as a prime factor when looking for partners.

EDIT:
Quote:
we can't be repaired easily like a car.
I couldn't help but smile at this. I don't if it's just my personal experience, but broken cars (my dad's car) seem to break repeatedly despite being "fixed" haha .
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 20:41   Link #1914
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Hmm, I think it's more of "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" kind of thing. Also, like Narona said, some people don't use looks as a prime factor when looking for partners.
Maybe not the prime factor, but as Ledgem implied it, there are people (most I think) who feel the need to find their lover physically attractive. And I personally don't think it's a bad thing. Of course, what is seen as attractive or not can differ greatly from a person to another.

Quote:
I couldn't help but smile at this. I don't if it's just my personal experience, but broken cars (my dad's car) seem to break repeatedly despite being "fixed" haha .
Your dad's car has a bad karma, or a curse

Spoiler for .:
Old 2009-10-16, 21:15   Link #1915
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
We're heading into the crunch time period of the term. She's starting to get real busy, and I'm facing the prospect of having a bunch of stuff to do myself. Things look like they're gonna be this way for the next couple or three weeks, and this is the first week in recent memory that we haven't been able to go on a date, although that's mostly because we just haven't been able to meet in campus. Considering the work we're having to deal with at this stage, I'd say it's for the better anyway; so the question I have is actually fairly minor. How do I strike a balance between not jeopardizing her grades and mine as well, and not letting what we have cool down from neglect?
That partly depends on her. When my fiancee and I first started dating it was painful to be apart from each other. Actually, it still is - why, I was in lab until around 8:20 PM this evening and I got a call from her at 7:50, asking when I was coming home. (Science is slavery.) But I think we're unusual in that we really love each other's company and tend to miss each other if we're apart for more than a few hours.

I bring that up because if you're in a similar situation, where being apart for a few hours becomes painful, then being separated for longer periods of time makes it a bit easier. It's sort of like having a cut - it hurts and stings quite a bit when it's fresh, but over time the pain sensation dulls (I'll skip the biological reason why). Of course, if you press it or anything then it still hurts. Similarly, it may be that being apart initially is very painful, but as it becomes normalcy then the pain becomes easier to deal with.

Yet that's where a balance is required, because you wouldn't want to have a passionate desire to see one another reduced to apathy. Of course, if you're both generally cool about seeing each other and parting, then it may not matter much. However you still want to be on her mind even slightly. Surprise her, do nice things for her - you don't have to show up at her house unannounced (that could be detrimental, I suppose) but doing something like, say, sending her flowers, or leaving her a love letter - little things like that. Honestly, whether male or female, anyone appreciates little things like that from a lover. It gives a warm feeling inside.

Those are just some little examples - you can spruce it up (and given your track record, I practically expect to hear that you pull off something amazingly suave). Yet how it'll affect her depends on her. If she really, really misses you sorely, then even a little thing like that could completely destroy her concentration for the rest of the day. But I'd imagine that such a situation would be rare, and you know her better than we do. So don't go overboard, but definitely do little things to show her that you're thinking of her and appreciating her, where you can. (And do that for the rest of your life to whomever you end up marrying. It goes a long way.)

Quote:
What did you expect me to reply?

Actually I entirely approve what you said (that happens quite a lot lately ).
I expected to hear a harsh disagreement from the "ill-tempered French lady" We have a number of people from France in neighboring labs - I know very well not to anger a Frenchwoman. Also, we had some more major disagreements in the past, so I figured that the recent string of agreements was random chance and that the luck couldn't last forever.

By the way, I can't view your profile to add you as a friend/contact... want to be friends?

Quote:
I hope I will not bring misfortune on Ledgem's couple (I sincerely wish you and your GF a lot of happiness, Ledgem.), but so far, and to give an example of people we know a bit here on AS (so I hope i'll not be neg repped this time by Mister/Miss I hate Narona's examples) it seems that his soon-to-become wife did wait a bit for the right guy, and actually met him. I'll not say that such things happens often, but for those who seek such goal (so not everyone obviously), I think it's good to say to them that it can definitely happen, and I think that's not something "bad" to not experience failed relationships (again I hope i'll not bring misfortune on your couple, Ledgem >.< ). I don't see the point of crushing people hopes.
Not at all. The truth is that I'm my fiancee's first boyfriend (and last, at this rate), and she was "only" the second girl that I dated. Given our age and the relative lack of experience, it certainly would seem like we were rushing into things. Yet that wasn't the case at all. I don't intend to justify myself here (because nobody's asking me to, and it would get into details that are more personal than I care to mention) but I will say that I was always looking at various girls and pondering relationship potentials, and I often felt that I'd have to make some major changes in order to be compatible with them and meet their expectations. With my fiancee, I didn't need to make any changes. I don't think she had to make any changes for me, either (aside from cutting seafood out of the list of foods that she cooks, maybe ). We evaluated each other for about three years before committing. It seems that the both of us are also a bit more serious and forward-thinking ("mature" I suppose) than our peers, so I didn't feel that it seemed out of place on our time scale.

Would I recommend it to other people? Hard to say. In general I think it'd be best to do something like this when you've reached a relatively stable point in your life (basically, when you're out of school). But these days school goes longer than it did in the past. Also, you can't choose when the right person will come along. It's a gamble no matter how you look at it - you can only choose one person (one person at a time, anyway), yet while you're with that one person you can't mingle with others. How can you be sure that someone better, someone more attractive and more compatible, won't come along? You can't be. Yet at some point you need to seize what you have and commit to it - for better or for worse, you'll work as hard as humanly possible to make it last, even if someone more optimal exists.

Quote:
Ah, but those people got onto that TV show for their supposed strange fetishes, am I right? Isn't it possible that they exaggerated (if not completely made up) their attractions? Hmhmhm... now you're thinking like a scientist!
Old 2009-10-16, 23:34   Link #1916
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
@Ascaloth:

You're still talking quite a bit, it seems, which is a good thing. That, in itself, may be enough to keep what you have going strong, without jeopardizing each others grades. By the same token (forgive me for being unable to recall if we've moved past this bit), this may be a good opportunity to give her the time to sort out her feelings without the whole physical aspect of the relationship have an affect on her decision.

You could always suggest a specific day and time where the two of you decide to meet up for a short period; a coffee or something of that nature. I'm sure the opportunity to get away from your studies, if only for a brief time, would be of benefit to both of you, so that your brains don't burn out from staring at text books and classroom material for umpteen consecutive hours.
Sounds like a good idea at first glance....except the last time we agreed to meet up briefly, we somehow ended up staying well past 10. General Relativity's a bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
That partly depends on her. When my fiancee and I first started dating it was painful to be apart from each other. Actually, it still is - why, I was in lab until around 8:20 PM this evening and I got a call from her at 7:50, asking when I was coming home. (Science is slavery.) But I think we're unusual in that we really love each other's company and tend to miss each other if we're apart for more than a few hours.

I bring that up because if you're in a similar situation, where being apart for a few hours becomes painful, then being separated for longer periods of time makes it a bit easier. It's sort of like having a cut - it hurts and stings quite a bit when it's fresh, but over time the pain sensation dulls (I'll skip the biological reason why). Of course, if you press it or anything then it still hurts. Similarly, it may be that being apart initially is very painful, but as it becomes normalcy then the pain becomes easier to deal with.

Yet that's where a balance is required, because you wouldn't want to have a passionate desire to see one another reduced to apathy. Of course, if you're both generally cool about seeing each other and parting, then it may not matter much. However you still want to be on her mind even slightly. Surprise her, do nice things for her - you don't have to show up at her house unannounced (that could be detrimental, I suppose) but doing something like, say, sending her flowers, or leaving her a love letter - little things like that. Honestly, whether male or female, anyone appreciates little things like that from a lover. It gives a warm feeling inside.

Those are just some little examples - you can spruce it up (and given your track record, I practically expect to hear that you pull off something amazingly suave). Yet how it'll affect her depends on her. If she really, really misses you sorely, then even a little thing like that could completely destroy her concentration for the rest of the day. But I'd imagine that such a situation would be rare, and you know her better than we do. So don't go overboard, but definitely do little things to show her that you're thinking of her and appreciating her, where you can. (And do that for the rest of your life to whomever you end up marrying. It goes a long way.)
Well, damned. Now I have to think of something really slick just to meet expectations.

JK aside, thanks for the tip. I'll try to think of something; if I do want to give her a gift of some sort though, I'll have to be careful about my choice of gift. Her housemates are still in the dark about our relationship (her mom knows now though, so I guess that's something), so I don't want to put her in a situation where they'll start asking questions.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 16:57   Link #1917
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I expected to hear a harsh disagreement from the "ill-tempered French lady" We have a number of people from France in neighboring labs - I know very well not to anger a Frenchwoman. Also, we had some more major disagreements in the past, so I figured that the recent string of agreements was random chance and that the luck couldn't last forever.
I only disagree when I have a different opinion/pov, not for the sake of disagreeing to annoy people XD

Quote:
By the way, I can't view your profile to add you as a friend/contact... want to be friends?
Weird, Yoko had the same problem, but now i checked off the option, so every member can see my profile >.< I'll send you a friend request in a few minutes.

Quote:
I don't intend to justify myself here (because nobody's asking me to, and it would get into details that are more personal than I care to mention)
I understand, cos I myself don't want to talk about some personal things, at least here on a public forum

I can be a bit shy about some things, or quite "secretive" like Mystique said once to me

Quote:
but I will say that I was always looking at various girls and pondering relationship potentials, and I often felt that I'd have to make some major changes in order to be compatible with them and meet their expectations. With my fiancee, I didn't need to make any changes. I don't think she had to make any changes for me, either (aside from cutting seafood out of the list of foods that she cooks, maybe ). We evaluated each other for about three years before committing. It seems that the both of us are also a bit more serious and forward-thinking ("mature" I suppose) than our peers, so I didn't feel that it seemed out of place on our time scale.
That's what people should aim for, imo

Haha, new info, ... so you dislike Seafood

Quote:
Would I recommend it to other people? Hard to say. In general I think it'd be best to do something like this when you've reached a relatively stable point in your life (basically, when you're out of school). But these days school goes longer than it did in the past. Also, you can't choose when the right person will come along. It's a gamble no matter how you look at it - you can only choose one person (one person at a time, anyway), yet while you're with that one person you can't mingle with others. How can you be sure that someone better, someone more attractive and more compatible, won't come along? You can't be. Yet at some point you need to seize what you have and commit to it - for better or for worse, you'll work as hard as humanly possible to make it last, even if someone more optimal exists.
Yup, agreed (again). We can't achieve anything great if we don't take any risks, anyway. To commit is taking a risk, but from my pov, it worths it, because if the union works, it can become something beautiful, from my pov.

Quote:
Ah, but those people got onto that TV show for their supposed strange fetishes, am I right? Isn't it possible that they exaggerated (if not completely made up) their attractions? Hmhmhm... now you're thinking like a scientist!
TBH, I wonder =D, because Delarue (the one who presents this program) is somebody that I don't really consider a good person given some things he did. And I dislikehow the medias "create" norms and such and brainwash people.

Anyway, that doesn't change that a lot of people know at least one couple that doesn't fit the society "standardization", am i wrong?
Old 2009-10-17, 18:10   Link #1918
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, damned. Now I have to think of something really slick just to meet expectations.
Handwritten letters can be wonderful (I think Ledgem mentioned this option).

Quote:

JK aside, thanks for the tip. I'll try to think of something; if I do want to give her a gift of some sort though, I'll have to be careful about my choice of gift. Her housemates are still in the dark about our relationship (her mom knows now though, so I guess that's something), so I don't want to put her in a situation where they'll start asking questions.
Before you put her in such a situation, even if by accident (though I don't understand why it would be better to keep housemates in the dark unless they are the kind that can intrude too much in personal life), maybe you should talk with her about whether she would be okay with housemates eventually finding out?

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:49   Link #1919
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Handwritten letters can be wonderful (I think Ledgem mentioned this option).
Yes, they can be. Some article I read years ago said it was a good way to show that you are genuine with how you feel. It has a little more feeling to it than some typed out letter.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 19:19   Link #1920
Splitpersonality
Amateur Psychomocologist

So there was this party today, and I was invited by one of the girls that likes me, and it was a great chance for me to have more alone time with her, as we're both not really people that dance at parties or anything, we would've just hung out somewhere, as we've done before at the two parties we've both attended together.

When she mentioned this to me, I was happy, I had nothing else I really wanted to do and it would be great to have fun with her, since I"m never invited anywhere anyway.

However, I had about three essays to do tonight, and my father wanted them done now, so I missed my chance for tonight

When I mentioned this to her though, she seemed really upset, and started ranting about how she's always alone.

Hrmm...

So I guess I'm a little upset I missed my opportunity for now, but perhaps it'll work out even better for me.

Also, A hero of our time is a hard book to write essays on :P

Last edited by Splitpersonality; 2009-10-17 at 20:11.
Splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom