AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-01-28, 02:51   Link #4241
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhazard View Post
This pretty much.

As an aside, even with all his forced insanity and evil-ness, brainwashing some civilians to directly attack Kouen's forces from the inside is in all likelihood still the cleanest way of taking Balbadd.

Heck, Sinbad would do it. His brainwashing method just happens to be cleaner.
Makes me wonder if Hakuryuu's plants growing in people's brain will leave any lasting damage.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 07:59   Link #4242
bakato

Aladdin finally busts out space-time magic!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 09:21   Link #4243
Raviel

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but this chapter is another fine example of how character preference in Magi is now a matter of "who offers the least bad deal for the world". Also, I'm starting to think the whole point of the last few chapters isn't to show a clear cut good/bad, but how immature and/or naive both Alibaba and Hakuryuu are compared to some of the other King Vessels

That said, I'm not really complaining though, it's still rather entertaining to read how Hakuryuu and Alibaba are essentially having a "no you" argument with Metal Vessels thrown into the mix.

Also, there's something that's been bugging me since the Alma Toran arc......................where did Aladdin get his perversion from? He sure didn't get it from Solomon and Sheba
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 10:52   Link #4244
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I know I'm beating a dead horse here but this chapter is another fine example of how character preference in Magi is now a matter of "who offers the least bad deal for the world". Also, I'm starting to think the whole point of the last few chapters isn't to show a clear cut good/bad, but how immature and/or naive both Alibaba and Hakuryuu are compared to some of the other King Vessels

That said, I'm not really complaining though, it's still rather entertaining to read how Hakuryuu and Alibaba are essentially having a "no you" argument with Metal Vessels thrown into the mix.

Also, there's something that's been bugging me since the Alma Toran arc......................where did Aladdin get his perversion from? He sure didn't get it from Solomon and Sheba
I like to think Solomon would've ended up the same way if he didn't have the who "save the world" stuff on him since birth.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 11:16   Link #4245
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The latest Sinbad chapter

They seem to have forgotten about their initial goal. I wonder how long they've been living this way.
Old 2015-02-04, 11:49   Link #4246
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The latest Sinbad chapter

They seem to have forgotten about their initial goal. I wonder how long they've been living this way.
I want to see them stroll back into the city, each of them wearing nothing but Snakeskin leather pants.
Old 2015-02-04, 14:28   Link #4247
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Men, Sinbad's chapter just keep getting better . Lately, my routine is like this : read Magi new chap >feeling down due to the dark story>read Sinbad new chap>having fun with adventure and comedy. Sometimes, I feel like Ohtaka made Sinbad spin-off so she can freely do an adventure manga .
Old 2015-02-04, 14:36   Link #4248
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

You try being stuck with a giant blue almost naked man for years on end only to be released into a world where it's nebulous if women even wear underwear and trt nit to be perverted.

Last chapter I remember reading was the one where Hakuryuu and whatshisname take over some fort to experiment with their new powers before killing Hakuryuu's mother, has the manga stpstopped kissing Hakuryuu's ass yet and returned to the original cast? Especially Alibaba and Morgiana, maybe Aladdin (the Hogwarts arc and his instant power ups has made me not care about the character).
Old 2015-02-04, 14:41   Link #4249
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I'm bit swore over having Titus as the new Magi, I'd rather have Lady Schezerade, what it's spelt lol.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 14:47   Link #4250
Redhazard
Desert Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Last chapter I remember reading was the one where Hakuryuu and whatshisname take over some fort to experiment with their new powers before killing Hakuryuu's mother, has the manga stpstopped kissing Hakuryuu's ass yet and returned to the original cast? Especially Alibaba and Morgiana, maybe Aladdin (the Hogwarts arc and his instant power ups has made me not care about the character).
Well, the author strong armed them into being more evil, lest they completely subvert the themes of the manga.

Now they are fighting Alibaba and Aladdin.
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 15:29   Link #4251
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I want to see them stroll back into the city, each of them wearing nothing but Snakeskin leather pants.
I don't think pants loom large in their future...

Quote:
Neither of them's completely wrong. Trying to bring Hakuryu back under Kouen's heel is naive. He knowingly choose depravity over that, and Alibaba's brought nothing new to the table to make him change his mind.

But Alibaba's right that a world where everyone thinks exactly the same is impossible (I wish he'd said as much to Kouen, with the same resolve...).

Still, that doesn't mean that compromise is always an option.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 16:39   Link #4252
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As a whole I enjoyed the fight to this point. It definitely shows where both these guys are right now. It's perfectly true that Alibaba has always been working underneath of someone else more powerful. Whether it's Sinbad or Kouen the result is he hasn't been able to get out from under those powerful shadows and direct his own course. I certainly hope that sooner rather than later the story will go in a direction that will allow him to do just that.

But at the same time I'm still 100% rooting for Alibaba in his situation. Someone has to stop this guy before he brainwashes the whole planet.
Old 2015-02-04, 16:56   Link #4253
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As a whole I enjoyed the fight to this point. It definitely shows where both these guys are right now. It's perfectly true that Alibaba has always been working underneath of someone else more powerful. Whether it's Sinbad or Kouen the result is he hasn't been able to get out from under those powerful shadows and direct his own course. I certainly hope that sooner rather than later the story will go in a direction that will allow him to do just that.

But at the same time I'm still 100% rooting for Alibaba in his situation. Someone has to stop this guy before he brainwashes the whole planet.
I agree, but I wish:
- the "good guys" hadn't let the situation deteriorate so much. It's not like falling into depravity was Hakuryu's first choice.
- Kouen didn't get a pass for supporting Al Thamen.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 08:52   Link #4254
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

and somebody should invent telephone. With all those lightning from magic and Djinn/magic tools, gunpowder and airships, Reim should have done that already. This world leaders sure need more civilized conversation, having a communication sure can be helpful.
Old 2015-02-05, 09:45   Link #4255
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
and somebody should invent telephone. With all those lightning from magic and Djinn/magic tools, gunpowder and airships, Reim should have done that already. This world leaders sure need more civilized conversation, having a communication sure can be helpful.
One of the kings is insane. There is no amount of telephone or civilized conversation can sway the mind of Hakuryuu.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 11:19   Link #4256
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I don't think the guy will ever have the chance to become independent since he is too scared of taking responsibility and sacrificing for what he believes in. He needs someone to tell him what to do, if it's not Sinbad or Kouen, Aladdin will do the job. Actually, he even looks more like a king than Alibaba.
Old 2015-02-05, 13:00   Link #4257
Redhazard
Desert Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
They already had their civilized meeting.

It ended with "You should give up all your titles and join me" and "No, you should all join my country as our subjects."

So yeah.
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 04:55   Link #4258
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

What Alibaba needs is to get thrown into a dungeon by himself, and come out a boss a few months later a la Arifureta.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 07:25   Link #4259
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
What Alibaba needs is to get thrown into a dungeon by himself, and come out a boss a few months later a la Arifureta.
Actually that ain't gonna do jack shit for him.
1. He will still have Amon.
2. He already beat a fucking gorilla-beast(equivalent of bear) and used a anything for the win tactic like Hajime without Amon.

He needs to get rid of his wishy-washy ideals(though way better than whatever Kouen/Hakuryuu) planned out. though as he gets rid of them, he'll probably fall or half-fall(like sinbad)
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 07:56   Link #4260
Chosen_Hero

Correction: The author needs to get off their ass and stop one upping Alibaba with other character for the lolz, make him actually find a real goal instead of becoming everyone's lackey and give him one more Djinn which he should be able to get due to his supposed new magoi, but no the author just keeps throwing Balbadd into his face thereby stunting his development.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen