AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-10, 09:06   Link #2221
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
i personally don't believe it to be plausible, if you want revenge, then you need to do it yourself, not reliant on others (let alone assistance from shady men)

besides, revenge is something you do because you hold a grudge or something rather against the person correct? what satisfaction can come from getting it with the assistance of others?

then again here's some food for thought , the whole idea of revenge is just a persons own ego consuming them, to live we consume, for our own happiness we take it away from others. the process merely builds >>
I remember reading from other forum that she
Spoiler for spoiler:

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
Old 2013-01-10, 15:07   Link #2222
blackwhite67
Banned

No that was Mibu from the first two volumes.
Old 2013-01-10, 16:32   Link #2223
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
No that was Mibu from the first two volumes.
"Evil Eye" its more advanced Mind Magic than used on Sayaka Mibu (Vol 1), and the victim is the one targeting Tats involve in the Thesis Competition on Vol 6.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:41   Link #2224
Velsy

I've resumed reading this light novel after a little break.

I have just raed up to Volume 4, chapter 9 and I feel absolutly irritated. Tatsuya has done a wonderful job as a tech, His girls have have produced wonderful results in this tournament. He even picked up extra duties during day 2 and 3 to help the taem out, even if it ment pissing off the other techs. Now with the monilith team on the verge of pulling out, they are trying to force Tatsuya to replace them as a paticipant?, no they are trying to force him to do it. It just makes me soo irritated that they can do that to him. How Greedy can this First high leadership be? At the start of the tournament, they were talking about how the new commers division is so worthless to the tournament outcome (I particilually dissagreed at the time). But now they have turned around and treat it as there pride to win?. This is not in the competition spirit but greed instead. As Tatsuya has said (Miyuki too), they could easily gather 1st year course 1 students who only have 1 event, to replace if they really wanted too.

Dumping everything on Tatsuya is so wrong and annoying. I want him to reject, but it looks like hes going to be forced to do it. Its obvious why Miyuki wasnt invited to this meeting, but isnt there someone who would stand up for him and say hes already done a great job for the team, hes done enough? I know hes still got Miyukies final event coming up, but it'd be happy for him if he joined in celebrations with the 1st year girls.

Why wont they give him a dam break!
Old 2013-01-13, 08:16   Link #2225
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

They're pretty selfish... yeah, I think I can agree with that. Their main objective changed to become the first place in overall tournament point and they need more score from Monolith newcomer. If they don't do something, the third high would become the first place since first high would get disqualified.

Problem is that Tatsuya is the only one in newcomer division that is fit to replace the injured members because all the student council had witnessed some of his ability beforehand. Eventhough they knew that it was incredibly selfish (I think it's implied on how Mari and Mayumi fidgeting when they tried to persuade Tatsuya), Tatsuya would be the only person, in their opinion, to bring First High achieve their objective.

At least it ends up in good note anyway so don't rant too much I mean, now more first high students know about his ability and will not ends up belittling him too much compared than before. It also gives us a good fight against Misaki at the end too! I think Miyuki would be overjoyed knowing that his brother's ability is to be recognized by more people

Old 2013-01-13, 08:32   Link #2226
NeutralZero

Yeah, more will know of his ability...
It would also mean that more people like Chiaki and the oh so arrogant blooms and their pride now added with envy will try getting their hands on him...
Unless he show them his soldier side/war magician side then no one will dare face/mock him...
Aside from the idiots from the Yotsuba...
Old 2013-01-13, 09:51   Link #2227
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I've resumed reading this light novel after a little break.

I have just raed up to Volume 4, chapter 9 and I feel absolutly irritated. Tatsuya has done a wonderful job as a tech, His girls have have produced wonderful results in this tournament. He even picked up extra duties during day 2 and 3 to help the taem out, even if it ment pissing off the other techs. Now with the monilith team on the verge of pulling out, they are trying to force Tatsuya to replace them as a paticipant?, no they are trying to force him to do it. It just makes me soo irritated that they can do that to him. How Greedy can this First high leadership be? At the start of the tournament, they were talking about how the new commers division is so worthless to the tournament outcome (I particilually dissagreed at the time). But now they have turned around and treat it as there pride to win?. This is not in the competition spirit but greed instead. As Tatsuya has said (Miyuki too), they could easily gather 1st year course 1 students who only have 1 event, to replace if they really wanted too.

Dumping everything on Tatsuya is so wrong and annoying. I want him to reject, but it looks like hes going to be forced to do it. Its obvious why Miyuki wasnt invited to this meeting, but isnt there someone who would stand up for him and say hes already done a great job for the team, hes done enough? I know hes still got Miyukies final event coming up, but it'd be happy for him if he joined in celebrations with the 1st year girls.

Why wont they give him a dam break!
I understand what you're saying, but I wouldn't call them greedy. More like desperate.
Old 2013-01-13, 15:24   Link #2228
Velsy

I've progressed further on now.

I am at the stage before Miyukis Mirage Bat event and the sabotage Incident happened. I kinda need some help explaining what they ment by her magic is gone forever ? I didnt quite get it ? her magic failed during the event? so how does that mean its gone forever ? and it didnt explain why she passed out when they caught her thus carrying her out on a stretcher ? I mean they dont know if shes even lost her magic because shes passed out ? So why are they saying shes lost it ?

Surely people can just regain there confidence and it comes back ?. I was under the impression at the start of the light novel, when they said people lost the ability to do magic, was because they took serious crippling injuries ?
Old 2013-01-13, 15:39   Link #2229
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

They sure can, but mental trauma with magic sometimes last long. Basically what makes them unable to use magic is because of those memories of failure. In magic, once you had the impression that your magic will goes wrong then the magic will not appear. Maybe it's easy to say that you've recovered.. but as long as the memory of when it fails still exists then it might ends up hampering your magic.

Anyway it's like a trauma. Let's say that someone afraid to get out from his house because something happened in his past and that makes him scared to go out. Of course, it's unlikely that event will repeat itself but this man was too traumatized that he refused to go out even when everything is perfectly safe. In Mahouka's magic, this line of thinking is very bad for magicians.

I think it's implied that Mikihiko also has similar incident long ago that made him lost his ability. Of course most of them are back now (and he's even getting stronger than before too) based on what Erika's saying so I think it's safe to say the inability to use magic is curable.

Old 2013-01-13, 15:39   Link #2230
blackwhite67
Banned

Didn't you read the explanation? Magic is performed by the mind and therefore is susceptible to psychological shock and perception. The girl jumped believing that her magic would prevent her from falling, but it failed. Her subconscious automatically assumes that magic doesn't exist and prevents her from casting magic.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:12   Link #2231
Velsy

Yes I just didnt fully get it

But finding out it was being tampered with, You'd naturally understand what went wrong? Which would reduce her trauma or null it,

So generally speaking, people with strong will power, or the types who generally know how to bounce back after defeats wont suffer magic loss.. But people whos confidence get shot, or weak will power are more acceptable to loosing magic ability.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:40   Link #2232
Velsy

See the way I've seen it. Failing a magic spell is like failing a science lab experiment. Her magic didnt blow up in her face, it only stopped working, on sabotage at that. So I cant see much cause of a trauma experience.

Maris magic fail to activate during her event and she awoke ok with only physical injures. So I am to think this girl is going to be ok when she wakes up?. If she isnt, then I am confused really.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:45   Link #2233
blackwhite67
Banned

You'd think so, but the subconscious mind is easy to fool and difficult to correct. She can no longer believe in magic after the trauma of falling and magic not protecting her. Furthermore, your analogy is incorrect. This is the human mind we're talking about, not some science experiment where cold hard logic takes precedence over belief.
Old 2013-01-13, 16:50   Link #2234
Undur

The difference between Mari’s magic failing and the girl’s magic failing is that Mari’s magic failed due to a physical change in the environment (the surface of the water suddenly dipped) which made her activating magic fizzle out. But for the girl, her magic seemingly failed for no reason. I guess one way to describe the girl’s situation would be like, if you were on a set of invisible monkey bars. You know where each bar is because you’ve been taught it. But if one of the bars is suddenly missing, and you fall to the ground, will you still believe in the set of invisible monkey bars? Mari’s case is more like a visible set of monkey bars, but one of them disappears at the last second, causing her to fall. She still sees the monkey bars, but she also sees that it was tampered with.
Old 2013-01-13, 17:17   Link #2235
Velsy

hmm. So its pretty much a psychological blow to the brain. Just seems a little too easy to trigger.

But theres evidence now that it doesnt mean magic ability is gone forever. In Mikis case he seems to somewhat retain some magic ability,sif not slowly improving it (as noted by Von Himmel ). So I can assume when they say they become broken and loose magic ability forever, its in reference to *worse case* senario ?

Stronger will power leads to better recovery I guess
Old 2013-01-13, 18:22   Link #2236
blackwhite67
Banned

Mikkihiko's trauma was not as severe and it didn't make him doubt the existence of magic or anything like that. I asked and it has been speculated that he may have tried summoning and taming a god or such, but of course he failed and as a result began to doubt his abilities. He basically lost confidence.
Old 2013-01-13, 19:27   Link #2237
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
hmm. So its pretty much a psychological blow to the brain. Just seems a little too easy to trigger.

But theres evidence now that it doesnt mean magic ability is gone forever. In Mikis case he seems to somewhat retain some magic ability,sif not slowly improving it (as noted by Von Himmel ). So I can assume when they say they become broken and loose magic ability forever, its in reference to *worse case* senario ?

Stronger will power leads to better recovery I guess
There was also speculation by the characters a earlier in the volume that if something happened to her, that she would very likely lose her magic. Basically they probably saw her as good but mentally weak. Even Mari saw her as an unstable individual. Many already saw her as the type who would be unable to recover.
Old 2013-01-14, 12:15   Link #2238
Velsy

Well I completed Volume 4. I didnt expect Tatsuya to be the type to go around and dance with the girls, I thought he might of been the type to spend the night on the balcony or gardens out of the limelight. I sorta like him better that way.

anyway, by looking at Baka-Tsuki (website translating it) Volume 5 looks only half complete. So am I best to wait until it becomes complete, rather than having skipping story to continue ?
Old 2013-01-14, 12:16   Link #2239
Iamis

Volume 5 Is short stories it is ok if you skip it
Old 2013-01-14, 14:24   Link #2240
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
Volume 5 Is short stories it is ok if you skip it
NOO..!!
at least complete the election chapter...
I was too eager to readin the continued...

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings