AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-03, 16:07   Link #1
Harimo Haria

Good Romance Anime

Simple, I'm looking for a good romance anime or an anime with romance in it. Anything else that goes with it is fine.

I've already seen:
Clannad
Shuffle!
Kanon 2006
Ef a tale of memories
Onegai Teacher
School Rumble
5 centimeters per second
Suzumiya Haruhi
Air TV
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Itazura Na Kiss
Chobits
Zero no Tsuikama
REC
Myself;Yourself
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
True Tears
Bokura Ga Ita
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
Special A
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Last edited by Harimo Haria; 2008-09-29 at 14:30.
Old 2008-09-03, 16:20   Link #2
Smithsky

Try

True Tears
Myself; Yourself
REC
Nodame Cantabile
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (airing atm)

I heard Bokura Ga Ita is good aswell.
Old 2008-09-03, 16:31   Link #3
Autumn Demon
~

karin
kareshi kanojo no jijou
school days
nana
canvas 2
da capo
kimikiss pure rouge
lamune
rec
h2o ~footprints in the sand~
myself; yourself
Old 2008-09-03, 16:32   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ai Yori Aoshi - It features a dream woman who is perfect in every way.

Ayashi no Ceres - Be warned.. it's shoujou to the definition. Lot's of pretty people with conical chin, wavy hair, and sparkling teeth.

Asatte no Houkou - One of the better series in the romance genre.

Canvas 2 - Anything I say may give you enough clue that leads to spoiling.

True Tears - I liked it because it was very easy to predict how this show will proceed from one episode to the next and to the eventual conclusion.

Dual - Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. The show is intended to be a parody to a famous scifi which ends up being a decent show under the romance genre.

Eureka Seven: Sci-fi with lots and lots of romance. Did I mention the series is 52 episodes long by Bones? Don't be intimidated by the length of the series. It's one of the best out there when it comes to capturing its audience.

Futakoi Alternative: Visually a magnificent series. The storytelling is just as innovative. It will satisfy the inner aesthetic part that appreciate unique style of storytelling. Romance a plenty.

Lovely Complex: Tall girl falls for the tiny dude who is very self conscious about his height. Comedy and romance go hand in hand in this delightful series.

Lamune: I love this show. It defines pacing, or the lack of it. Not everybody can appreciate this show, but I thought I would mention just because you are asking for a good romance series.

Kyo no Gou ni: This 5 episode OVA series focuses on middle-school-er. Funny and has romance.

To Heart: Another series that brings a smile to my face anytime I think about an easy-paced show.

I've seen a lot more, but those were the name came up to the surface of my head without much endeavor. I've also this nagging feeling that I've left out one very important name from the classic. If it comes, I'll post it here.
Old 2008-09-03, 16:33   Link #5
Ermes Marana

Kare Kano is the best romance anime IMO.
Old 2008-09-04, 00:34   Link #6
mit7059

Go watch Honey & Clover right now. I'm appalled that no one mentioned it yet. One of the best animes ever IMO.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2008-09-04, 00:35   Link #7
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
Kare Kano is the best romance anime IMO.
oh and X2 on Kare Kano (aka His and Her Circumstances), but get the manga as well because the anime doesn't finish the story

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2008-09-04, 14:22   Link #8
Harimo Haria

Will there be a sequel to finish the story or...
Old 2008-09-04, 17:55   Link #9
Autumn Demon
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harimo Haria View Post
Will there be a sequel to finish the story or...
no. the ending of kareshi kanojo no jijou sucked and will leave you wanting another season, but the rest of the show is incredible.
Old 2008-09-04, 18:05   Link #10
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Fate/Stay Night
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Fullmoon wo Sagashite
Ultra Maniac
Old 2008-09-05, 16:03   Link #11
MamoruUsagi

Romance manga

Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Fushigi Yuugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Bokura ga Ita
Mars
The Devil Does Exist
Wild Act
Kare Kano
Sailor Moon
Paradise Kiss
High School Debut
Fushigi Yugi
Sensual Phrase
Love Attack
Kare First Love
Marmalade Boy
Akuma De Sourou
Black Bird
Missile Happy!
Sand Chronicles
Land of the Blindfolded
Doubt!!
Ultra Cute
Peach Girl
Absolute Boyfriend
Ayashi no Ceres

Fushigi Yugi manga is much longer than the show, the couple's relationship is more mature, the couple is engaged and in a committed relationship in the second half of the manga which wasn't in the show, the couple is dating for a longer time, the second sex scene is much more passionate, the couple has many more moments, dating, making out, having sex, being engaged, living together, going out and is a couple for a longer time in the Fushigi Yuugi manga.

Ceres Celestial Legend manga has the couple dating for a much longer time, the couple has hundreds of kissing scenes, lots of sex scenes, lots of scenes with the couple making out in bed and in hotel rooms in the manga that was cut from the show.

Mars is a very realistic romance manga with the couple in a mature sexual relationship.

Peach Girl manga is much longer and more mature than the show.

The Devil Does Exist is a realistic romance series.

Kare First Love is a very realistic romance manga. Lots of kissing and sex, very realistic.

Happy Hustle High has a couple that is dating and in a relationship. Lots of kissing and some sex.

The Mars manga is so realistic, the couple is living together and engaged and dating and having sex and a couple in a deep, very realistic and easy to relate to relationship during the series.

Bokura ga Ita, the couple is dating and in a relationship. They break up a couple times, very realistic.

Wild Act is an amazing romance manga, the couple is having sex and in a serious relationship.

Sailor Moon has the couple getting married, having a kid, dating, being engaged, going from boyfriend and girlfriend to husband and wife, in the manga there is a lot of making out in bed. The wedding is shown, too.

Paradise Kiss has a couple dating and in a relationship.

High School Debut has a dating couple.

Black Bird has a dating couple.

Akuma De Sourou is a great, mature romance.

Missile Happy! has a couple engaged and living together.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-15 at 17:05.
Old 2008-09-08, 21:48   Link #12
Harimo Haria

Any other good ones?
Old 2008-09-27, 23:14   Link #13
Reine

Kodocha --> I'm a very picky person when it comes to graphics, and for some reason hate old graphic anime. But this anime was the only "old graphicy" anime that make me totally hooked. Awesome anime, i highly recommend it.

Kamisama Kazoku --> At first, you wouldn't think it's a romance anime. But as you get into the anime, HA, there's plenty of dramatic romance moments to satisfy you. You might even cry (like me) if you're an emotional person. But anyway, the theme of romance is seen throughout the entire anime. Highly recommended also.

Basically, everything else that was on my list was mentioned already. But there's one more anime I just thought of that has some light romance in it, Library War. Don't think that the title is lame, cuz this anime was totally awesome.
Old 2008-09-29, 14:30   Link #14
Harimo Haria

Updated watch list, thanks for the suggestion guys.
Old 2008-09-30, 09:33   Link #15
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nodame Cantabile
Welcome to the NHK
Old 2008-09-30, 14:31   Link #16
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

If you liked shuffle you'll probably like Da Capo as the two are similar in a sense. Both deal with schools with magical happenings, and some of the chars look sort of similar and act sort of similar. They are still two totally different animes though. Also Gift Eternal Rainbow is again along the same lines as Da Capo and Shuffle so you may want to look at that too.

I'm semi-shocked no one has mentioned Shakugan no Shana yet. It's an action/romance anime with a (at first) childish main char who you see trying to deal with her first love and all sorts of other things.

School Days also has a good romance to it. Although there are a few messed up things in it it shows just how far some people will go when they are in love.

H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ is another good romance, although again there are a few messed up things in it. But not in the same way as School Days.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-09-30, 14:45   Link #17
Harimo Haria

I've heard about School Days, and I'd rather not be traumatized for days upon finishing it xD
Old 2008-09-30, 15:00   Link #18
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
I've heard about School Days, and I'd rather not be traumatized for days upon finishing it xD
I really don't think you'll be traumatized upon finishing it tbh... well, ok I actually don't know you and what may "traumatize" you... But while it is a little messed up,

Spoiler for Slight Schooldays Spoiler:

It's really not THAT bad, but it will send for a bit of a trip as you wont really know who to feel "sorry" for as things keep changing. Personally I think the ending (and series in general) to Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien was more of an emotional trip... School Days is just more like "I can't believe that happened!" type thing/trip imo.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2008-10-01, 09:38   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Any other good ones?
Monir's list pretty much nails it ... I'd watch those before seeking further.
Old 2008-10-01, 12:01   Link #20
Nekonya

Hmmm....Romeo X Juliet is pretty nice
Closed Thread