AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-27, 12:36   Link #401
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
yeap it is from the game.
Old 2009-03-29, 10:57   Link #402
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Have just finished the series and thank God, Kawashima Ami got her happy ending at last =]

It's worth watching the whole series for it *thumb up*

*go into lurking mode*
Old 2009-04-06, 07:18   Link #403
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I personally think that Ami is the most dynamic and colorful character in Toradora. She steals every scene she's in, whether small or large, and she possesses that quality of unrequited love the best tragic heroines in literature possess. To some extent she reminds me of Eustacia Vye.
Old 2009-10-26, 08:04   Link #404
woodyfly

Just finished watching the show, I thought I'd comment on it.

I found ami to be the most interesting character... I was hoping that ryujji would maybe end up with her or atleast have an arc with her.

I don't know what it is, but I'm attracted to her character. I definitely don't like people who are stuck up, narcissist and arrogant, but something about her is attractive. Maybe the fact that she got a little bit of "bad girl" but is also kind hearted when it matters, and that she's outgoing and confident. Kind of like kyou from clannad, I found her character really attractive too... Hmm what is the connection
Old 2009-10-26, 19:45   Link #405
gaffer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfly View Post
Just finished watching the show, I thought I'd comment on it.

I found ami to be the most interesting character... I was hoping that ryujji would maybe end up with her or atleast have an arc with her.

I don't know what it is, but I'm attracted to her character. I definitely don't like people who are stuck up, narcissist and arrogant, but something about her is attractive. Maybe the fact that she got a little bit of "bad girl" but is also kind hearted when it matters, and that she's outgoing and confident. Kind of like kyou from clannad, I found her character really attractive too... Hmm what is the connection
Yeah, I was rooting for Ami too, but knew it wasn't going to happen, she was by far the least likely of the girls to get him. I liked her character change, started off fake and self-centered, but matured into a kind, considerate girl as the series progressed. Her outgoing and busy-body type personality is very attractive when coupled with this
Old 2009-10-26, 20:30   Link #406
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
yes. it is awesome to see more Ryuji x Ami fans on here.

the reason i liked this pairing was because when you look at them Ryuji and Ami are complete opposites in every aspect from personality to looks and also the fact that even though they are both popular (more so Ami than Ryuji) but they are bit players as they find their personalities being overpowered by the others in the group sich as Taiga, Minorin etc. then as the series progress and Ryuji kept on showing Ami more and more kindness and treated he like a normal high school girl i was just praying that these two would end up together. its makes my day to know that these two can end up together in the game (i consider this ending canon now).
Old 2009-11-14, 15:16   Link #407
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I demand an OVA or something. Just about Amin.

Because she's too great a character to be ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
My favorite part of Ami is her teasing yet well intentioned and loyal quality, of which she reminds me of Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night.
Totally agree with you.
She's too great of a character not to love her.
It's a pity got that attitude from Ryuji, though the author of novels could have made Ami give him(Takasu) a kiss just to fully establish her feelings and just walk away. This could at least satisfy me a bit.
Old 2009-12-31, 18:24   Link #408
babohtea

Mm, Ami was one of my favorite characters (but there are only like... 10ish notable characters anyhow so I guess it doesn't mean much). She was complex, witty, attractive, perceptive and at some points caring.

I think she has multiple personalities. She has the fake-cute personality, which tends to die down as the series goes on. She has her selfish/mean side, which also seems to die down as the series goes on. In the end its her third caring, perceptive and somewhat insecure personality that makes me like her. In fact, I think of this third personality as her "true" personality rather than her second personality.

I think a major factor was her being a model though. I'm a little upset about how much her being attractive affected me. I mean, I don't want to think that I'm shallow and I just like people because they're physically beautiful, but think about it: Would Ami be Ami if she wasn't a model? Most importantly, would her "third/true personality" change?

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a spin-off of Toradora! with Ami in it. Anything by the same author would be fine, but I've already become attached to these characters.

Last edited by babohtea; 2009-12-31 at 18:53.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:45   Link #409
Zoofranz

I loved the way she could see what was happening around her like an omniscient observer. At first sight she seems to be just the clumsy rich girl but everytime she says something she comes up with a very true comment, even though it can sound mean in the way she says it.
Old 2010-05-05, 23:25   Link #410
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Spoiler for huge:

oh my. this fills the void the series left me and my ship with... its honestly rather good too. something that has a percentage chance of actually happening in the series.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-29, 02:18   Link #411
-haruka-

ami is a good looking girl and gorgeous
(actually she's my favorite character in tora dora)
but i don't really like her personality in the story...
Old 2010-10-15, 06:40   Link #412
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by -haruka- View Post
ami is a good looking girl and gorgeous
(actually she's my favorite character in tora dora)
but i don't really like her personality in the story...
I agree with your opinion...
She blame to Minori because Minori was not honest for her feeling...
But Ami loved Ryuuji so much...
It was Ami the girl who was really not honest to herself...
Ami hesitated to join the lovebattle...
But I love Ami so much, because she was sure that she was not honest herself.
Old 2011-02-06, 22:05   Link #413
konata0079

i kinda disagree about not liking her personality...
1st of all she has a very dynamic and original personality with a pretty decent and original back story
2nd of all her fight with minori wasnt completely her fault. Minorin was dishonest with herself and she kinda supports Taiga and Ryuuji's relationship (personally i kinda dislike Minorin).
3rd of all She kinda dealt with her unrequited love and stuff at the last episode
4th of all Her personality if u think about it deeply is kinda of similar to Taiga's personality which was explained really well at the last episode when shes talking to Ryuuji
5th of all I like how at the 2nd half of the anime she kinda becomes a mediator and supports taiga and ryuuji somewhat
Old 2011-02-07, 12:09   Link #414
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

For being honest, I disliked her character at the begining as I don't like two-faces persons, but when the story starts to roll up its showed how she sacrificed her feelings and happiness for the Ryuuji and Taiga's sake, she also provides them help and shelter when they needed always keeping a cold-like attitude, hidding that she actually considered them true friends. It's a character to be remembered and one of the best of the whole series.
Old 2012-03-30, 23:35   Link #415
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

My favorite character of the series, manipulator and tragic heroine at its finest.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:59   Link #416
Otarusama
{ :

As much as I loved Kushieda and Taiga... I really wanted Ami to win out in the end (despite the foreshadowing). She's one of the characters that I loved to hate in the beginning, and then just grew to love. Reminds me of Cersei from Game of Thrones! Except... not quite as evil and manipulative.
Old 2012-07-05, 20:00   Link #417
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otarusama View Post
As much as I loved Kushieda and Taiga... I really wanted Ami to win out in the end (despite the foreshadowing). She's one of the characters that I loved to hate in the beginning, and then just grew to love. Reminds me of Cersei from Game of Thrones! Except... not quite as evil and manipulative.
If Ami had shown up even a few weeks earlier, the entire story might have been totally different. Such are the accidents of randomness
Old 2012-07-11, 21:22   Link #418
kfcpanda

any spinoff ova/doujin/ln/manga/anything asides from the psp game that ship ami/ryu together?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters