Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-03, 01:59   Link #41
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
An off-topic observation if I may: Where is Kaoru and Kaioshin?

To echo Vexx, good grief indeed.
Old people are better in controling their emotions...so...
Old 2009-02-03, 02:01   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
Old people are better in controling their emotions...so...
I missed your point. Can you elaborate?
Old 2009-02-03, 02:01   Link #43
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
again it all comes to the appearance-bias....but even so despise not being "cute" as aya...she has more roles than her...why? vocal beauty!!
I think of roles this way. Some seiyu need to foot the bill of the household at the end of the month, some are in for an experience/ride. Aya-chan is in the latter as far as I'm concerned, while Rie-san seems to me to be in the former.

You know what is more impressive to me? The ability to choose your roles by being a free-lancer like Hiro Yuki. Or do something non voice-related, like Koyasu with his Weiss Kruez manga.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:02   Link #44
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Beauty itself is a talent. However Aya amassed that kind of popularity does not matter. The fact is she sells, there is no point demeaning her voice talent, as It's not going to change peoples view of her.
Beauty a talent? well I believe people are born with a predosposition to be "better" at some things...but aya DIDN'T DO ANYTHING SPECIAL TO BE CUTE. she was born like that....

Hopefully soon she will be forgaten....hopefully the same company that give her the lead roles of haruhi and lucky star don't create more popular anime to aya voice another nasal anime character..

And she thinks highly of herself....what will be without her looks? I pity her..
Old 2009-02-03, 02:02   Link #45
Westlo
Lets be reality

You know if you're going to choose someone to compare against Aya Hirano could you find someone better than Kugimiya Rie who's doing her best to typecast herself as a tsundere loli and isn't exactly the master of range either.

Personally find Rie to be just as overrated as Hirano... also I'm loling at you mentioning over and over the amount of roles they have had when Hirano is clearly focused on being an idol and not just a seiyuu. And stop going on about looks, her Haruhi performance was a tour de force and impressive as fuck, I had no idea how she looked when I watched that and if looks mattered so much than why's Minori Chihara nowhere near as popular as Aya?
Old 2009-02-03, 02:03   Link #46
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
she gets the recognition for her face not her talent...
If that was the case, she wouldn't keep getting VOICE ONLY roles.

And you're just showing your ignorance, now. Time to put up the "Please do not feed the troll" sign.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:04   Link #47
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think of roles this way. Some seiyu need to foot the bill of the household at the end of the month, some are in for an experience/ride. Aya-chan is in the latter as far as I'm concerned, while Rie-san seems to me to be in the former.

You know what is more impressive to me? The ability to choose your roles by being a free-lancer like Hiro Yuki. Or do something non voice-related, like Koyasu with his Weiss Kruez manga.
There is also a bias there, Aya parent's are wealthy and may "pull some strings" so her nasal voiced daughter will get roles. It doesn't matter if rie is pull to audition for little money she needs many seiyuu do, few get it, ones with pretty voice gets it...Koyasu..is the 1 one seiyuu with more roles than any seiyuu in history his masculine voice.....taked part of this. Imagine what will happen to him if he had a nasal voice?
Old 2009-02-03, 02:05   Link #48
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@Mauru: Oh, great. I think we have one of those "All man should be equal" advocates. Guess what? They are NOT. Some people are born with beauty and wealth, they use it. So what? Sometimes, some goons are born with both and can't do anything with them.

Oh, and Koyasu? Go listen to Shingo Yabuki and tell me he's masculine.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:06   Link #49
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Beauty a talent? well I believe people are born with a predosposition to be "better" at some things...but aya DIDN'T DO ANYTHING SPECIAL TO BE CUTE. she was born like that....

Hopefully soon she will be forgaten....hopefully the same company that give her the lead roles of haruhi and lucky star don't create more popular anime to aya voice another nasal anime character..

And she thinks highly of herself....what will be without her looks? I pity her..
Beauty can be molded, for better or worse. Just because she was born cute, doesn't mean her features are destined to stay with her. Her personality is part of what unveils her cuteness.

You sound more like someone with a grudge against her, rather than trying to have a honest debate.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:07   Link #50
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You know if you're going to choose someone to compare against Aya Hirano could you find someone better than Kugimiya Rie who's doing her best to typecast herself as a tsundere loli and isn't exactly the master of range either.

Personally find Rie to be just as overrated as Hirano... also I'm loling at you mentioning over and over the amount of roles they have had when Hirano is clearly focused on being an idol and not just a seiyuu. And stop going on about looks, her Haruhi performance was a tour de force and impressive as fuck, I had no idea how she looked when I watched that and if looks mattered so much than why's Minori Chihara nowhere near as popular as Aya?
My point is that Aya Hirano isn't a great seiyuu as people tend to say.....I can compare Aya with many more seiyuu if you want, kikuko, noriko, chisa, Kanae Kobayashi etc..
Old 2009-02-03, 02:08   Link #51
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
If that was the case, she wouldn't keep getting VOICE ONLY roles.

And you're just showing your ignorance, now. Time to put up the "Please do not feed the troll" sign.
I am saying her beauty has to do with her recognition, I am not trolling.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:08   Link #52
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
You sound more like someone with a grudge against her, rather than trying to have a honest debate.
I've figured it out, Mauru just finished watching Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka and is butthurt over the result of the triangle, that's also why he's bringing up Rie because he's
Old 2009-02-03, 02:09   Link #53
Mauru

Quote:
Beauty can be molded, for better or worse. Just because she was born cute, doesn't mean her features are destined to stay with her. Her personality is part of what unveils her cuteness.

Actually if people are born cute they will be a cute baby, cute child, cute adult and even good-looking old person..is something genetical, they will change only if they have a car accident...beauty is something universal I have read a lot of psychology about it.

I do kind of hate her...yeah.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:10   Link #54
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I've figured it out, Mauru just finished watching Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka and is butthurt over the result of the triangle, that's also why he's bringing up Rie because he's
I haven't watch anime since months now...
Old 2009-02-03, 02:10   Link #55
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To me, a seiyuu has made it if he/she makes it into my "It's that voice" category, and Aya-chan is one of the many who do.

Over at the gents department, Sakurai Takahiro and Miyano Mamoru has the looks, but I don't think their voices reach the "genius" level myself.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:13   Link #56
Mauru

Quote:
To me, a seiyuu has made it if he/she makes it into my "It's that voice" category, and Aya-chan is one of those many who do.

Over at the gents department, Sakurai Takahiro and Miyano Mamoru has the looks, but I don't think their voices reach the "genius" level myself.
I like a lot koyasu in shingo, prove of good-ranged seiyuu...I love shingo voice..is still masculine.

WILL JUST IMAGE AYA WITHOUT HER LOOKS AND THAT VOICE? WHAT WILL BE OF HER LIFE RIGHT NOW?
Old 2009-02-03, 02:13   Link #57
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Actually if people are born cute they will be a cute baby, cute child, cute adult and even good-looking old person..is something genetical, they will change only if they have a car accident...beauty is something universal I have read a lot of psychology about it.

I do kind of hate her...yeah.
You're not putting much thought into this. How to lose ones cuteness, there are oh so many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlp
I've figured it out, Mauru just finished watching Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka and is butthurt over the result of the triangle, that's also why he's bringing up Rie because he's *snipsnipsnip*
Old 2009-02-03, 02:15   Link #58
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, we should return to this topic way into the future, where my hair has started to grey, and Aya-chan is Nozawa-san's age.
Old 2009-02-03, 02:15   Link #59
Mauru

Quote:
You're not putting much thought into this. How to lose ones cuteness, there are oh so many ways.

Then let's give a prize to aya for working so hard at taking care of her looks....(I wouldn't be suprised if that really happened)
Old 2009-02-03, 02:16   Link #60
Mauru

Quote:
Actually, we should return to this topic way into the future, where my hair has started to grey, and Aya-chan is Nozawa-san's age.
You are strange...I am sorry....but what do you mean by that?

have you play the sakura taisen games by the way?
Closed Thread