AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 00:04   Link #41
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Again, I said nothing about dating. I used a much broader term. For an example see how mothers in anime are portrayed. Very idealised there. And I think you're simplifying men's tastes talking about a 'submissive' and 'nice' girls. Mens' preference in women varies as significantly as womens' taste in men -- just because they're not the same type doesn't make them less idealised. I think you're trying to skew what I said off on a different tangent. The OP originally asked about why women in real life seemed to hate one another.
Same argument as above. Tastes vary and all that. And I think in my post I mentioned that because it is escapism men and women are idealised.
The submissive girl was an example because I did see lots of boys IRL who want a GF like that. But, as you said it, it can then depicte many different types of "idealized persons", therefor there's a not only one variety of people depicted in the animes.

And not all the people who watch animes see them as idealized people. A person I know kinda like Naru Narusegawa. But as he sees it, she's not perfect because too violent. So for this person, it's not an idealized girl who is depicted, but a good girl that also has a very bad quality.

I don't try to defend the original poster, but as I was talking about it with Lv23, people can't say that "all the girls depicted in anime" doesn't have similarities with some girls IRL. For instance, I do know a girl who has a personality near shirley's in CG. Fact is that even if she might be an ideal girl for a boy, I also do know some boys who will not like her personality at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
neither do I believe the male version exists TBH
That's why some 3D girls are still single j/k
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 07:19   Link #42
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
You're neither a woman or from the U.S. Makes sense that you can justify understanding either, eh?

/sarcasm

I'll never understand the thought process of a man and I don't intend to seem like I do.

I'll never understand the thought process of a woman who can't take a joke.

And when reading a post try to read the whole discussion it'll make more sense that way. >_>

On-topic; I tend to like 3D girls more even the personality. Though sometimes I just don't understand them, that what makes em more interesting, no?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 07:24   Link #43
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
People who can appriciate a sarcastic humor on the Internetz is apparantly overrated too.
I knew it was a joke, but then again, let's not fool ourselves: There are people who actually believe that. Which is what I was getting at, rather than a rant on the particular user who posted the joke.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 08:07   Link #44
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
On-topic; I tend to like 3D girls more even the personality. Though sometimes I just don't understand them, that what makes em more interesting, no?
I will not talk as one voice for every girls, but some girls I know said the same things to me about men Not all of them find that interesting though. Some see that as a problem.
Old 2009-04-05, 08:33   Link #45
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As long as you willing to accept the other side weakness as part of them, I see no problem.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 08:42   Link #46
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
As long as you willing to accept the other side weakness as part of them, I see no problem.
I was not talking about a possible turn-off.

For example, if I start to date a man and then discover that I don't fully understand his conception of Love. I will not see that as something interesting, but as a real problem.

And a silly example for the lulz, did you never meet an irritated girl who says that she doesn't understand why her BF and most of men like soccer so much? Since it can really irritate some girls here, I don't think they see that as an interesting situation But I admit that it is a silly example. Just refer to my first example that is something serious.
Old 2009-04-05, 09:29   Link #47
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

See.. thats what I said.. You dont understand his conception of love.. instead of considering that as his weakness.. you consider it as a problem. Not saying that you should, mind you.

I just take the closest example to me; myself .. My fiancee loooooooves shopping.. she can spend hours browsing and not end up with anything.. or headache on where to put the stuff she bought after her raids =.= And I'm her eternal shopping slave (and I still dont understand why she needs to buy new clothes every months as well). She also have other annoying traits.. I'm not a perfect guy either, but I accept that parts of her. I also have some traits that she dont like either but she still keeps up with my antics as well XD. And we survived for 10 years already .. 6 years officially as lover
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-05, 09:39   Link #48
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
See.. thats what I said.. You dont understand his conception of love.. instead of considering that as his weakness.. you consider it as a problem. Not saying that you should, mind you.
I took an example about something that is VERY important to me.

I could accept some weaknesses, or rather behaviors and hobbies that I don't fully understand, but not something important as, for example, not wanting to have a baby with me without any understandable reason other than just "no". It would be a problem, really.

The point was that "that what makes em more interesting", but in this particular case, I will not see that as interesting. It will just make me sad and will leave me in total incomprehension. That was my point.

Quote:
I just take the closest example to me; myself .. My fiancee loooooooves shopping.. she can spend hours browsing and not end up with anything.. or headache on where to put the stuff she bought after her raids =.= And I'm her eternal shopping slave (and I still dont understand why she needs to buy new clothes every months as well). She also have other annoying traits.. I'm not a perfect guy either, but I accept that parts of her. I also have some traits that she dont like either but she still keeps up with my antics as well XD. And we survived for 10 years already .. 6 years officially as lover
That was so cute to read <3
Old 2009-04-05, 09:54   Link #49
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ True.. Then you'll just have to accept it as what it is.. hopefully, you guys can still be friends. I'm not saying that you making a big mistake by rejecting that trait

And thank you
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-05, 10:06   Link #50
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
but some girls I know said the same things to me about men
What a fascinating discovery (for me)! I always thought women understand men like the back of their hand and know everything about male psychology. I found that rather discomforting, but now I feel better knowing that every woman I meet cannot read my mind. Just like the other way around, it's nice for a man to have some "mystery", you know.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:21   Link #51
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I was pretty fascinated by the fact that how naturally 2D girls can look without going through the process of play acting and excessive makeup (e.g Mio from K-On! and Honoka from Sorakake). Either that or I am having psychosis.

I am for 2D girls because I have yet to meet a girl who can withstand my boke behaviour in front of others, and being in a society in which the female population is pretty high-achieving, high-strung and high-maintainence by default, I would rather have a 2D girl.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:38   Link #52
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I was pretty fascinated by the fact that how naturally 2D girls can look without going through the process of play acting and excessive makeup (e.g Mio from K-On! and Honoka from Sorakake). Either that or I am having psychosis.
Spoiler for off topic:
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 11:10   Link #53
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
^ True.. Then you'll just have to accept it as what it is.. hopefully, you guys can still be friends. I'm not saying that you making a big mistake by rejecting that trait

And thank you
I guess it's can be a very difficult situation when you're really in love ^^ Everything seems like a dream, and then BAM! a big problem arises. You love the person a lot but you feel that you just can't accept to live with that problem.

Reading nice anecdotes like what you've written makes me smile, I shall thank you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
What a fascinating discovery (for me)! I always thought women understand men like the back of their hand and know everything about male psychology. I found that rather discomforting, but now I feel better knowing that every woman I meet cannot read my mind. Just like the other way around, it's nice for a man to have some "mystery", you know.
You did really think that all the women understand everything about men? XD

Quote:
Spoiler for off topic:
Well, don't see excessive make-up as a norm. And keep in mind that not all the girls are skilled when it comes to use make-up. For example, a lot of young girls put a TON of make-up, and yes, if i had to give my personal opinion, the result can be really ugly.

Also, you can be a natural beauty and for instance use foundation cream. Why? Because it can make you look even more pretty, and because many foundation creams are actually good for the skin. And you don't have to put a lot of cream.

I won't say that putting make-up is an Art, but it's not just something that you put carelessly on your face. It can actually have the opposite effect if you don't use it the right way.

About dying hair, I don't like that, but it's a personal opinion.
Old 2009-04-05, 12:00   Link #54
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I can assure you that there are a lot of girls that do not understand men and their behavior ^^;
I know one that ended up breaking up with her boyfriend because she couldn't stand not knowing what was going on on that guy's mind. Anyway usually girls complain about boys not being honest with their emotions, and the fact they do not talk too much about what they thinks. therefore they can't understand them.
One common situation:

Girl: "What are you thinking?"
Boy: "Nothing..."
Girl: "That's not possible! You were thinking about something!"
Boy: "It was... it was really nothing important..."
Girl: "Why you never tell me what are you thinking?!"

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:41   Link #55
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Boy: "I was... well, you see, I'm trying to logically explain how Melona was able to squirt her breast milk all over the battleground in the last queen's blade episode!"
Girl: "Why you?! HENTAI! I'm not cooking you dinner tonite"
Boy: "D: D: D:"

True story
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-06, 05:47   Link #56
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Boy: "I was... well, you see, I'm trying to logically explain how Melona was able to squirt her breast milk all over the battleground in the last queen's blade episode!"
Girl: "Why you?! HENTAI! I'm not cooking you dinner tonite"
Boy: "D: D: D:"

True story
Damned if you do, damned if you don't lol.

It happens to me so often that I get insensitive to it already.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 07:11   Link #57
Solafighter
Hige

Spoiler for NSFW(Picture):
Old 2009-04-06, 08:01   Link #58
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Spoiler for NSFW(Picture):
Thats all well and good to look at, but it won't keep you warm at night lol.
DeathZKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:09   Link #59
othera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathZKID View Post
Thats all well and good to look at, but it won't keep you warm at night lol.
blankets.

Women are cold >:
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:12   Link #60
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

Rofl a blanket would be a lot more managable .... and cheaper.
DeathZKID is offline   Reply With Quote