AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 15.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 25.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 54 32.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 16.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-24, 12:00   Link #221
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering the wording, no. However, the context of a sentence (so the syntaxe) can be very important.
It is very important to understand what a red statement confirms and what it does "not".
Old 2009-08-24, 13:05   Link #222
klare

i think i saw Rika in the tv that Maria is watching...
Old 2009-08-24, 14:52   Link #223
Amber.Dawn

Oh yeah, it was in previous episodes as well. They're showing Higurashi on the TV.
Old 2009-08-24, 15:45   Link #224
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Yep
Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2009-08-24, 16:07   Link #225
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
Yep
Spoiler for Scene:
Considering that the previous clips shown were from Ura☆Higu, it probably was from Ura☆Higu #18 instead.
Old 2009-08-24, 16:38   Link #226
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Ah, that's right^^
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-24, 21:51   Link #227
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I thought it was unfair when the deaths became different. I was looking forward to seeing how the original locked room murders took place.
Old 2009-08-24, 22:59   Link #228
HaizuUsa
Beato's Pet Lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Considering that the previous clips shown were from Ura☆Higu, it probably was from Ura☆Higu #18 instead.
OT FOR THREE SECONDS:
What is this Ura☆Higu you speak of? D:

Last edited by monir; 2009-08-25 at 01:22. Reason: spoiler removed
Old 2009-08-24, 23:06   Link #229
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I thought it was unfair when the deaths became different. I was looking forward to seeing how the original locked room murders took place.
The first season of the anime will only cover the Question arcs so don't expect any concrete answers to the mystery. Although they will answer a few things in Episode 3 and 4, the level of mindfuck will be far greater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaizuUsa View Post
OT FOR THREE SECONDS:
What is this Ura☆Higu you speak of? D:
They are extras that can be found in the DVD releases of Kai.
Old 2009-08-25, 02:16   Link #230
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well that's for Battler to figure out, more or less ;3

As far as this arc goes expect more crazy. Then again, it is Umineko
Old 2009-08-25, 05:07   Link #231
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Woot! Finally caught up to this episode (and it's just great).
Old 2009-08-25, 18:57   Link #232
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol Maria . "Hihihihi" *slaps* "Hu" "Hihihihi"

Well , Battler résolved one mystery . Beatrice summoned 2 girls from the purgatory who was the weapons who killed them hmmmm .
Battler didn't approve the magic exist but we , we are seeing Beatrice using magic lol so in final , we know that he was wrong .
Old 2009-08-25, 19:10   Link #233
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Lol Maria . "Hihihihi" *slaps* "Hu" "Hihihihi"

Well , Battler résolved one mystery . Beatrice summoned 2 girls from the purgatory who was the weapons who killed them hmmmm .
Battler didn't approve the magic exist but we , we are seeing Beatrice using magic lol so in final , we know that he was wrong .
Whoa there, don't be jumping to conclusions XDDD
Old 2009-08-25, 20:15   Link #234
Bureiku

your eyes may decieve you
Old 2009-08-26, 10:17   Link #235
maximilianjenus
[E]

It's quite simple, tell about the murders we have been shown on screen.
Old 2009-08-26, 11:40   Link #236
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Shouldn't the new episode thread be up?
Old 2009-08-29, 07:57   Link #237
Seiryuu

Something I thought of about that red text. Beatrice set the rule when she declared that all truth would appear in red text. However, there was no red text when she declared that all red text was true. I know this is probably meaningless, but there is a possibility that she'd slipped a loophole past Battler. If the rule was in effect but did not activate for that statement, then she could actually be able to lie and make the red text appear. In this case, Battler can only say with absolute certainty that statements that do not summon red text are false. If this is the case, I'm sure Beatrice will either never use that loophole because she really wants to completely prove that the legitimate events were magic, or she'll save it for a special occasion. If she used it often, Battler would catch on and there'd be no point. However, I suspect Beatrice isn't so interested in proving the magic as she is in forcing him to despair and surrender. His pain would not be any less because she'd deceived him; in fact, to her it may seem all the sweeter then.
Beatrice is basically something like the demons that appear in fairy tales and fables, always making deals and holding to their word, but only to their actual agreement and not to anything more.

One thing I want to know is when we'll find out a little more about Maria's situation. There's already been enough to tell me that Maria's smile and laugh probably aren't as arrogant, sadistic and evil as they appear, but rather a result of some very twisted conflicting emotional struggles; she's hurting, desperate and terrified inside, and her attempt to hide this along with her faith in Beatrice manages to make her look like she bathes in the blood of puppies every night.
Old 2009-08-29, 08:05   Link #238
~Diru~
SS.VDine full steam ahead

Well, in the Visual novel, she said:

When I speak the truth, I will use red.
Everything I speak in red is the truth
Old 2009-08-29, 08:17   Link #239
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post

One thing I want to know is when we'll find out a little more about Maria's situation. There's already been enough to tell me that Maria's smile and laugh probably aren't as arrogant, sadistic and evil as they appear, but rather a result of some very twisted conflicting emotional struggles; she's hurting, desperate and terrified inside, and her attempt to hide this along with her faith in Beatrice manages to make her look like she bathes in the blood of puppies every night.
You will start learning more about Maria in Ep4, probably around the last episodes of this anime series. 19-20 is my bet.

as for the red truth, there is no way to have absolute certainty that the red truth is really the truth and this had been at the center of many debates. Even if Beatrice actually says in red that the red truth is true, this proves nothing. Because of the red truth is fake in the first place then she can say anything she wants.

One reasoning to support the theory that the red truth is actually the truth can be done with the same example Rosa did in Ep9.
If Beatrice really wanted to trick Battler with the red truth she could use it as a weapon and "kill him". She would never lose if she could say everything she wanted in red, but reality is, she does lose in more than one argument.

Of course this isn't a definitive proof because because it could be an elaborated plan.

Old 2009-08-29, 17:59   Link #240
Vangrim
Missing Detective

I just watched #8. I liked it, the action sequence was good, very dynamic and swift (as it should be), and it was great to finally see some scary goats (game ones look all fluffy and harmless... even with the blue swords...).

Kanon's death made me think of a possibility I hadn't considered prior to watching the adaptation: if he were EP1's killer, perhaps this whole scene where he fails protecting Jessica is just a flashback he is having or a delusion of some sort, where he couldn't protect someone precious, and that is what leads him to becoming mere furniture and comitting the murders. Just a thought. That is, assuming that backstories are all the same for each and every EP, regardless of the plot development from the point they all reach Rokkenjima.

Off to #9~
Closed Thread