AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 01:24   Link #41
Yuutsu

Damn... That first episode was great.

As an older brother, I can totally relate to Mutta and his desire to be "ahead"! Wow. Throw in the subject of Space, which I LOVE, and you've got me sold.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 03:41   Link #42
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

To me, it's not the whole space thing, but instead the struggle of someone who's really just down on his luck and not where he wants to be to make something for himself which is so touching.

I don't really know what it was about the first episode, but it was really nice. I'm looking forward to this.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 04:13   Link #43
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, this show is excellent. For one, it's nice to have variety with an adult protagonist for a change, and Mutta is quite an interesting character. His struggle is really relatable - not just the difficulty in finding a job, but the feeling when you looked back at your past and realizes you've been far from your childhood dreams....and hopefully, a second opportunity to pursue that dream again. The ending is really touching for that reason.

I do like how they have him not that much of a failure - sure he's no first Japanese on Moon, but having his design used on something as common as a cab shows he's quite succesful (which is why I'm surprised he has to go back to his parents directly, I thought he would at least have savings. Living in Tokyo is that expensive, I guess). The brother Hibito looks great too.

The rest of the stuff is good too, the bits of humor is great and the characters look likable, the OP is unique and is growing on me, the other characters look likable too. And really, how can I hate an anime that shows that infamous Zidane headbutt, even using it against the supervisor? Just great.
Old 2012-04-01, 06:30   Link #44
Kakkou
Tch.

I really liked the first episode. The story started off in the right direction and has potential to be pretty amazing in a down-to-Earth (haha) way. Extra points for the OP. Both the uplifting song and sequence was great, especially the chorus. The OP alone made me feel that this is something special.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 07:12   Link #45
kuromitsu

Great first episode! I kind of went into this without any expectations but the first ep did pretty much everything right. (Although the intro made me realize yet again how old I am... ^^;; To think I watched both football world cups referenced by Mutta... ^^;; )

And lol at the NASA disclaimer at the end. ^^;;
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 07:49   Link #46
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I absolutely loved that first episode. The cinematography used was a nice touch, and the whole atmosphere felt like something that Robert Zemeckis would have done, heck he would have made that if this manga get westernized. There are something I love about stories taking place on Earth, it is when they tries to weave the small history with the Big History, like shown in the opening narration. Because you feel more connected to the characters than others who you never knew what did they do on that day or what kind of comics, movies, series and books made up their childhoods and teenage years.

From episode 1, it IS a keeper. Uchuu Kyoudai did not have to go through the three episodes trial for me. GJ.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 08:25   Link #47
Kirarakim

Wonderful first episode. I can't exactly identify with the brother situation but certainly being down on your luck (ah the economy).

I am also really loving how the relationship between the two brothers is portrayed. You can definitely see the love between them making my heart flutter.

I was really excited about this series & it totally met even exceeded my expectations.
Old 2012-04-01, 10:15   Link #48
ookamigirl

Mutta sure didn't have any luck finding a job.
Guess headbutting the boss really came to bite him on the ass.
His brother on the other hand... was the one who followed his own dreams.
It's time Mutto did something with his life too and his chance just arrived!
Nice first episode, will give this anime a shot.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 10:23   Link #49
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Shouldn't this be moved to the current thread?

This anime hurts a bit. The realization that people younger than you can accomplish so much more, and siblings too. I kinda felt for Mutta when he kept on saying that he should be one step ahead of his brother.

At least they love each other. Man this anime is gonna be great.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:45   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Brilliant first episode. watching Zidane's infamous headbut in anime form was priceless but watching Namba repeat the act was even better. It really did an excellent job of establishing Namba's character as well rounded.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 13:59   Link #51
Dop
Mmmm....

Totally impressed by the first episode, this looks like the one to watch, and it runs for a year? Fantastic!

It's also a great change to have a show with adult main characters as opposed to the usual run of high-school kids.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 14:01   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Good start. Moved as quickly as it could in one episode, even if I did feel a bit of drag.

I get the feeling they are doing this right. For the boys as kids, they got the two top seiyuu for doing young boys: Sawashiro Miyuki and Sanpei Yuuko. Tanaka Mayumi as the mother overdid it in a wonderful way. And Hirata Hiroaki (who won this year's seiyuu award for playing Tiger in Tiger & Bunny, and plays Mutta here) really is good.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 15:27   Link #53
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Somebody behind this story obviously really loves his sports culture.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 15:54   Link #54
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

An animated Mutta is better than the manga. The jokes had the same impact as reading the manga.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:42   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pretty much perfect. I've seen flashier anime, but this was smart, witty and emotionally true. It had the air of vintage Spielberg to it, and Hiroaki Hirata may just have found another role as perfect as Kotetsu Kabaragi. He's terrific.

What a luxury to have 51 eps, both for the director and the audience. This should be a lock-cinch classic.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 16:52   Link #56
Yuutsu

In this instance, I'm just slightly worried they are adapting a series that has not finished serializing.

Unless, of course, the studio decides to branch off at some point and make their own ending.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 16:52   Link #57
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Oh, and I don't think anyone mentioned about Mohri, the guy they took a photo with. He's not fictional but actually a real human being, a retired astronaut who was the first Japanese to fly into space by a space shuttle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoru_Mohri
Old 2012-04-01, 16:53   Link #58
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Oh, and I don't think anyone mentioned about Mohri, the guy they took a photo with. He's not fictional but actually a real human being, a retired astronaut who was the first Japanese to fly into space by a space shuttle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoru_Mohri
Thanks for that link. I was wondering who the heck is he Thought he was just a random guy.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 16:53   Link #59
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

Very well paced and intriguing show. Has a nice sense of humor and a developing relationship between two brothers. Also Tiger going into space
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 17:41   Link #60
warita
Dai-Youkai

I must say I really liked the first episode. It was refreshingly different .... maybe even too realistic for an anime, but hey, why not.

Mutta is so much more likeable as a character. I loved his hairdo and the kind of faces he was pulling and the interaction with his family.

I will continue watching it.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen