AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-12, 16:18   Link #5501
el_Centy
GENERAL HARDCORE

Send a message via MSN to el_Centy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
sacarstec ur sig is brillant done i like the char looking normal next to the banner of your sig. 9/10

you lot said you liked my first sig so here is the updated one...
dave did you mention i did all the text or did you just decide to steal my work you rat
Old 2004-11-12, 17:27   Link #5502
aahhsin

el_Centy = There's too mcuh going on in there. It does look like a regular signature though I'll give you that. But let's take a look at it. Seeing how the signature is a bunch of different scenes merged together, i'm quite surpirsed there is one scene that had 2 of the exact duplicate in there. The blue one. Your name is missing, and quite frankly, There is no border. I'm quite a Border Nazi as you can see.
Finally you did not rate anyone.

F
Old 2004-11-12, 17:33   Link #5503
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
@Aahhsin - I like cows, and you have one licking me, which is sort of odd. I'm really not delicious though. Maybe to cows. I couldn't be sure. Nice photo manipulation. 8/10
Old 2004-11-12, 17:35   Link #5504
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_Centy
dave did you mention i did all the text or did you just decide to steal my work you rat
why dont you go and look

aahhsin cow. licking. midori. yecch.

couldnt you do anything more rauchy? like tentacles? or nurse costume? or. . . milking a cow?

Your font is big and annoying! 8/10
Old 2004-11-12, 17:42   Link #5505
sarcasteak
WAHA~

el_Centy - I'm not that big of a fan of collages, and you seriously have too many things going on at once. I don't like the font/style used for the text, either... 7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
why dont you go and look
Ehhh, it was obviously an rhetorical question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
aahhsin cow. licking. midori. yecch.
couldnt you do anything more rauchy? like tentacles? or nurse costume? or. . . milking a cow?
I will not permit anything of that sort! Wait, on second thought...
Old 2004-11-12, 18:24   Link #5506
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
hes such a tit, i stole his work ?

he took mines and stuck my name on it from the photoshop patch he used
Alright, alright. Calm down there both of you. This is not the place to be arguing, do it on an IM conversation or IRL or somewhere thats not here. There is a reason why they call this thread "Rate That Signature!"

And for future refrence, i never want to hear a guy call another guy a "tit".

aahhsin: Hrmm... i like the fading out pink and the photo manipulation that you did there. As you have said before, the 1 px pink border just doesn't cut it... do something insanely amazing, like hearts or food or something. The "Delicious" is a tad to big i think... but it's ok, gets across the point of the sig. 8.6/10

Wavie: Nice job on this one. Your name especially, looks exactly like the Naruto logo. I don't like the lens flare that you have going on right in the centre of his face. 3D look of edged is nice. 8.7/10

el_Centy: This is an insanely complex signature that i can't begin to understand Lol, the image blending that you used. Next time, go for a less complicated look. 8.6/10

**EDIT**: I just edited my sig a little. As Sarc suggested, i made the bluish fading into the asuki background for fake transparency, also added a darker stroke on the text and made it look softer as well ^_^ Re-rate if you feel necessary!

Last edited by Yuiichi; 2004-11-12 at 18:50.
Old 2004-11-12, 18:53   Link #5507
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Yuiichi: You missed some edges on the transparency and the colors of the font look really dirty, not calm and peaceful like the image suggests. Good otherwise. 7.8/10
Old 2004-11-12, 19:01   Link #5508
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Yuiichi: You missed some edges on the transparency and the colors of the font look really dirty, not calm and peaceful like the image suggests. Good otherwise. 7.8/10
Allow me to explain the madness behind this sig. First of all, this was a straight crop, out of an image i found somewhere. Then, people started to say it would look good with transparency formed to her body. I didn't really know how to do this other than with the dodge tool in photoshop, to lighten up the background a lot. That left me with a fair image, but the background was a sort of whitish blue.

Then sarc suggested i make the background the asuki colours, but when i went to retrieve the PSD, i found i never saved it at the current version. So, i used the JPG, and just painted over the background. That left a very unprofessional look, so i took out the smudge and blur tools, and went to work.

I found i had blurred the text beyond repair, so i made a new text layer over it, and blurred what was under it even more giving it the sort of "dirty-yet-soft" look. As for making all edges transparent, i didn't mean to. Only the right and left top corners should actually blend in, the rest i want to stay the original colour.

Now to rate:

ChibiDusk: This sig reminds me SOOOO much of Parappa the Rappa (sorry if i misspelled that). Nice bright crisp colours! You again have the rounded edges and the text off the image, nice touch. 9.7/10
Old 2004-11-12, 19:04   Link #5509
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Who unlocked the cages of the Naruto forums?! Was it you, NSW!?

Yuiichi - Unlike Chibi, I don't think the name looks dirty but a tad too dark [the inside color especially; the stroke is fine], but you could definitely be creative with it make it faded while still legible. You're on the right track with the transparency, but the solidness [of the background] near the edges [of the sig] seem awkward; here, I circled the general areas where I think should be smoothed out:
Quote:

Chibi - I don't like your decision to use transparency for your name; why not make it solid and thick like those thingies in the background? Since I don't know where it's from, I can't say much about it. The overall layout is up to your standard, I guess. 8.4/10
Old 2004-11-12, 19:13   Link #5510
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

chibi dusk has done it again ultra cute 10/10

*EDIT* SOMEONE MAKE ME A SIG!!!!
Old 2004-11-12, 19:15   Link #5511
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita-chan
chibi dusk has done it again ultra cute 10/10

*EDIT* SOMEONE MAKE ME A SIG!!!!
What kind of sig u want?
10/10 because you look mad sexy when eating that....plastic....
Old 2004-11-12, 19:23   Link #5512
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
What kind of sig u want?
10/10 because you look mad sexy when eating that....plastic....
an ultra cute one ... like a big bright face looking at something or someone, doing a cute actions like smiling really hugely, winking blowing a kiss etc .... i dont want too much detail on the face, just like chibi dusks.

ummm i want huge japanese writing and i want the japanese letters to look cute and big and bubble effect (like chibi dusks)

ummm something that says, anita-chan in big cute bubble writing which isnt straight but like wavy and the background should have stuff like cute bubble stars that dont have straight edges not too big and not too many just a few ... mild yellow color...

ummm maybe the character can be doing a peace sign too ... and the boder can be rounded or sharp edged but a light color and not black, maybe also the border could be double lined as such

i hope im not asking too much

PS thanks for your compliment, too bad the post a photo of yourslef was closed, i missed that thread. i have new piccies if you want one

*EDIT* necrodeath - 2/10

Last edited by Anita-chan; 2004-11-12 at 20:24.
Old 2004-11-12, 20:15   Link #5513
Necrodeath

Well...here is a sad attempt

Note that it's 2 am, and I'm tired
If it's not what you want, tell me and I'll change it (when I wake up).

PS, sure, I'd like some new piccies

aahhsin - z0mg...you're obsessed aren't you? Can't you just leave her alone? I mean come on...she's a cow for god's sake...you cowfreak! 7/10

Edit: ok, so that st00pid shadow doesn't work
Edit2: fixed (st00pid pixelated border now...)
Old 2004-11-12, 20:22   Link #5514
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:

aahhsin - z0mg...you're obsessed aren't you? Can't you just leave her alone? I mean come on...she's a cow for god's sake...you cowfreak! 7/10

wow wow wow, you managed to do such a great job in such a short time ... right now i would rate it 7/8 /10 cos .... i don tlike that bunny girl, shes not cute cos she isnt chibi and its too detailed, too much to look at maybe just a cute fat face in chibi form of course .... i like the style of it tho ^^

the chinese writing isnt cute >< it looks standard and colors are all too dark ^^ i really liek the hearts tho ^____^

the edges are too soft, looks like its been "buttonized"

am i picky? but YEA YOUR MAKING IT I WANT IT TO SATISFY ME

i joke i joke

i send you pic now

*EDIT EDIT* i want a face to atleast take up at least 30% - 40% of the sig ^__^

*EDIT 2 EDIT 2* NSW: 2/50
Old 2004-11-12, 20:25   Link #5515
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Thats you in your sig Anita? Cute, Specially the middle one. 7/10 [ God I hope your a girl, Haku from Naruto has ruined my ability to tell anymore.. :-S ]
Old 2004-11-12, 20:32   Link #5516
Necrodeath

I think I'll need some help in finding good chibi pics, because I hate chibi and I have absolutely no idea where to look...

Komataguri - I think the scanlines pretty much ruin it. Try a more subtle approach to scanlines (or anything else that covers the sig for a large amount for that matter) with 30% or less opacity. 5/10
Old 2004-11-12, 20:34   Link #5517
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:

Wow, i just found that picture today, i think on moe boards... lol.

Necro/Anita-chan: Nice sig ^_^ I like the "Anita-chan" text and the overall shape. I also like what you did with the image, beautiful, and wonderful shape of the sig. The hearts are a nice plus as well. 9.6/10
Old 2004-11-12, 20:43   Link #5518
Anita-chan
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Wow, i just found that picture today, i think on moe boards... lol.

Necro/Anita-chan: Nice sig ^_^ I like the "Anita-chan" text and the overall shape. I also like what you did with the image, beautiful, and wonderful shape of the sig. The hearts are a nice plus as well. 9.6/10
wah, such a high rating =X

my bubbled name isnt big enough, the bunny isnt cute, the chinese words are meant to be bigger and japanese, the colors are too dark, the border isnt that nice ....

wahahaha, lets not get necros hopes up, cos he must make one to SUIT MY NEEDS

as for komataguri, yes haku is a girl, he looks/sounds/acts like one, just cos the anime says hes a boy dont believe it and yes those random pics are from me

but 7/10 .............................. you know im not a friend but an enemy right? pfft, lowered self confidence now
Old 2004-11-12, 20:47   Link #5519
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:

I don't like the pixelated edges, but hey that's what happens when you do GIF transparency; I think you could fit it under 30kb with PNG.

I for one think it's excellent and very cute (though Anita-chan is a chibi whore which is why I was surprised to see you take her request). My main complaints are the pixel problems and that one of her bunny ears is missing...why is it missing?! 8.9/10
Old 2004-11-12, 20:49   Link #5520
GustaveElazul
Gus

I thought I'd try my hand at this. I tried to keep it simple but appeal to some of your requests. I didn't have any girls in that pose but I found this silly picture. A star or two didn't come out how I wanted so this definately isnt final or anything. If you like it I'll improve it.

Hard making a quality signature with no sleep

R.O.D:
Chibidusk: 8/10 Very clean and simple. Cute text and picture. For some reason that new Adult Swim show Milkchan comes to mind

EDIT1: I'll look for some more chibi pictures and make a similiar design to the one I just did. Are you looking for chibi in general or chibi like chibidusk's signature.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature