Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-27, 02:52   Link #1981
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
aye, every aspect of the project that needs a dollar to do right gets about 50 cents....

Its why I can count dubs that I find tolerable on just my fingers.... even the Disney Miyazaki spectacles come up short at times...
LOL

Well I am just saying they are rushing far to much, its this rush for profits that has turn me off the game industry 50$ for a unfinished bugy yet vane&pretty experience just dose not compute...but that's what young people are for.... for the emdia industry to sell shiny sht to...
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 07:40   Link #1982
Nosauz

I think its lack of mainstream appeal was that it kept the very "shoujo" look, and even then, they softened the look, so to speak. Because to me stuff like peach girl, and other shoujo tended to have real sharp lines whereas this was on par with what standard animation is like. This is by far one of the best serious rom,coms.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 08:48   Link #1983
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm reading the english adaptation of the manga. It actually makes me appreciate how well the anime tracked the manga in spirit.

I like rewatching this series just to listen to the dialog and all that Kansai-ben --- not to mention the Fiery Demon Nobu
I liked the series but I also *loved* the Kansai-ben.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 09:22   Link #1984
typhonsentra

Regarding the debate over Kansai accents, I gotta say that I feel that the southern accent is the way to go. Obviously it's not a perfect match but there always seems to be a slight drawl with the characters who speak it.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 15:51   Link #1985
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
honestly no accent is required, as long as the quip remarks and sharp and witty and that dynamic is carried over then there really isn't need for the accent. Plus the localization of kansai ben is just difficult in it self, almost like how would you dub a movie that feature both cantonese and mandarin? Dialects are unique to their regions because of special events and meanings develop on certain words, and certain sounds which naturaly make it hard to localize.
Ok but lose the quaint colloquial word list they have.... if I here "yall" and such coming from soemone who's not southern..I want to jab my eyes out....
Old 2009-02-27, 18:27   Link #1986
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Ok but lose the quaint colloquial word list they have.... if I here "yall" and such coming from soemone who's not southern..I want to jab my eyes out....
Agreed. There is little that I hate more than an obviously fake Southern Accent coming from someone who has never been south of the Mason Dixon line. Personally, I think that a Brooklyn accent might be better.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 18:31   Link #1987
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Agreed. There is little that I hate more than an obviously fake Southern Accent coming from someone who has never been south of the Mason Dixon line. Personally, I think that a Brooklyn accent might be better.
Canadian,Southern or NY accent could work if you scale it back some and focus on a speaking style that matches the character, and that's something that's glazed over do it for the character as a whole not some generic all in one rush job that tends to bring bad funny or just bad things out... .
Old 2009-08-07, 06:13   Link #1988
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Wow LoveCom is just awesome

What I loved most about this serious was the fact that it had great pacing and there was never a dull moment.
I liked Risa was relateable because she was presented as more of a real character. That's what did it for me for this series. Shame the series ended though

I'm not much of a shoujo reader, but is the shoujo style of drawing universal around the shoujo genre?
I remember seeing a lot of shoujo manga at the local library, all of them differing authors; but same style. Is this coincidence, or is this the "standard" style for shoujo?
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 12:10   Link #1989
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its a *typical* style but not 100%. The series "The Wallflower" (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge) is also drawn that way and is labeled shoujo though it also was a major crossover. Even if the style isn't 'pretty'(??) it will usually be less angular and with softer lines. If I think of an example that doesn't use the technique, I'll post it but at the moment I'm drawing a blank.

I think its hilarious when I walk over to the manga aisle and pick up the latest copy of Lov*Com -- and have both the guys and girls reading their Bleach/Naruto/whatever blink at me holding it.
Old 2010-01-31, 21:52   Link #1990
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Thumbs up Classic

Just finished watching this show. Wow. Probably the best anime love story I've seen. It is really funny and the love story is truly relate-able. I loved every minute of it (though I admit, some parts were emotionally hard to watch due to it being totally relate-able), and is definitely a classic.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 00:23   Link #1991
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The english translation release of the manga is about to wrap up as well. If you want a "more in-depth" version of the anime story, I recommend it. The anime tracked the original manga quite well but all kinds of nifty side-stories had to get snipped in the anime adaptation for time constraints.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-02-11 at 00:34.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 02:03   Link #1992
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Real Life Seiko

School lets boy with gender identity disorder try attending as girl

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100213b1.html

Quote:
The decision was made to make school life comfortable for the second-grader, who has had a desire to "become a girl" since kindergarten
I'm actually pretty impressed with the efforts the school administration and others are making to help this real life "Seiko".
Old 2010-02-23, 11:54   Link #1993
Crisis
Rock on ^^

I really liked this anime. As I consider myself short (5ft6) , this anime gives me hope of dating a leggy supermodel.
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 19:52   Link #1994
tyciol
*Artist

I just saw a really romantic screenshot of kissing in this so now I want to watch it!

I guess for consistency we should watch the first 6 episodes by Blue Storm (or would anyone recommend ep 1 by shinsen?)

Looks like Gear Fansubs did 9-11 but it wouldn't make sense to watch those until 7-8 right?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 04:04   Link #1995
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just began this one ... and all I gotta say is "d'awwwwww".
Old 2012-02-12, 15:18   Link #1996
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I rewatched this again after absolutely eons of not watching it and was loving it.

And, after much consideration I'd say if they EVER make a U.S.A. live action version of this show, Emma Stone is a total shoe-in to play Risa Koizumi.

Tags
comedy, romance