AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-12, 14:57   Link #761
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not enamored of 02, but I still like her. She's entertaining and I sympathize with her. I can see why some people would prefer her to be more classically heroic, and like the X-Men, love and protect a world that hates and fear her, but that's not her, and I think it's fine.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 14:59   Link #762
Chosen_Hero

I was about to start watching this series but after reading more of the thoughts on the characters from this thread I have concluded that this isn't the kind of anime I would enjoy. The comparisons to Star Driver made me curious (and this being a mecha anime was enough for me) but outside of that this seems to be a collection of all the things I hated from past shows like Aldnoah.Zero, Kiznaivers, and many more.

Also, the main girl just sounds like the exact sort of female lead that I hate, sorry but I am not in the mood to watch a walking masochistic fantasy walk around acting like she owns the place with little to no resistance from the other characters and even less so I want to have to deal with the fanbase that will eventually be born as more episodes release, I have been there too many times to know that I'd rather stay away than to have to deal with the mods either shutting down the thread or have someone report you for no reason. That is too bad since I was in the mood for another mecha anime to hold me over until the next Gundam series releases, but not enough to go through yet another Aldnoah.Zero, not again, never again (soundtrack of that series was dope though).

Hope you guys find some enjoyment in it.
Old 2018-02-12, 15:01   Link #763
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, we do have to ask, which of those numbers apply to the cell seen on screen? We don't see them indicate which would be which. It could be that they use the PLT acronym and yet also call them yellow blood cells because they prefer to.

The reason I don't think they are klaxosaur cells is that they have made a distinction that 02 is the only one we've seen so far with klaxosaur blood. If everyone carries klaxosaur blood, they would have probably mentioned it already, and there would be more similarities between them and 02. 02 would pretty much be just like them, just with a higher blood cell count. Also they make a point about all the others being human and that this is an increase of cells and not that the cells have simply been introduced. And increase or decrease of said cells suggests they were already there to begin with. I don't think that is so.
Actually I think that makes it more likely that Yellow cells are klaxosaur in origin. Making all Parasites part klaxosaur with 02 just being at the upper end of how much klaxosaur they can make them and still have something usable.

That would help to explain the differences between Parasites and Adults. And of course they would never tell the Parasites they want them to stay loyal tools. The only reason 02 gets singled out is the horns which they must not be able to hide for some reason..
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 15:16   Link #764
Norn
Dazed and Confused

I'm guessing that they're called parasites because they actually have Klaxosaur (related) bood in them. The difference lies in how much one could take, with double and single digits having more amounts of parasites in them.

If I'm correct, then I'm also going to guess that Oni actually slowly turns her partners into her, or something similar to her. I think that Hiro's body is undergoing change and that after riding for the third time (the mission will most likely fail) he'll collapse and be hospitalized for one episode until the change is complete (and his body has regulated itself).
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 15:21   Link #765
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not enamored of 02, but I still like her. She's entertaining and I sympathize with her. I can see why some people would prefer her to be more classically heroic, and like the X-Men, love and protect a world that hates and fear her, but that's not her, and I think it's fine.
Honestly goody two-shoe characters are abundant, heck if people are so upset that 02 isn’t one than I recommended Gundam Seed/S.Destiny for them. Pink hair heroine and mecha? There you go. I prefer my character with favors in them instead of being filled with “I need to save world” messiah complex 24/7.
Old 2018-02-12, 15:32   Link #766
Roxanne
メンバー

Ichigo's trying to be best girl
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 15:37   Link #767
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Honestly goody two-shoe characters are abundant, heck if people are so upset that 02 isn’t one than I recommended Gundam Seed/S.Destiny for them. Pink hair heroine and mecha? There you go. I prefer my character with favors in them instead of being filled with “I need to save world” messiah complex 24/7.
Agreed. People are complaining too much about a heroine that is somewhat atypical.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 16:01   Link #768
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Now we have official information. In this case Hiro doesn't have any kind of fellings for Ichigo, in the case of Zero Two, she's someone special for him (obvioulsy).

PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 16:29   Link #769
_Ninja_

Kokoro and Futoshi. Perfect compatibility vs. "nice partner". Ouch.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 16:41   Link #770
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think 02 is very abrasive and difficult and if I knew her in real life, I'd probably find her difficult to deal with. That said, it's not difficult to imagine how much her flaws and difficult personality is a product of her upbringing so overall I sympathise with her.

What I don't like is how this is devolving into a Ichigo/Everyone else vs 02 war, within the fandom. The scene with 02 and Ichigo in the rain highlighted how both were flawed and how they're both a product of their upbringing yet I'm seeing a lot of "02 is fine the way she is - everyone else is wrong" and "02 is a horrible person and no one should like her". Where's the nuance? Ichigo is in a difficult spot. She's trying very hard to not give a shit about Hiro's wellbeing because the system is telling her that's what it means to be a good leader and yet she can't help but be concerned because she's only human. She literally can't win in this situation and it's only exacerbated by her inexperience which leads her into making things worse with 02 at the worst time. 02 for her part is being completely unhelpful and stupid when she declares that not even her precious darling's wellbeing matters if she doesn't care. Even if she is hiding something, that was a pretty stupid thing to say that was clearly intended to provoke Ichigo. But again, it's hardly surprising that she's like that given her upbringing and I think it's only matter of time until she (and Ichigo) learn better. Now I do wish that the two main female characters had better characterisations than fighting over a male character, but I guess that's expecting too much for a show with sex based mecha power.

[EDIT]

I just realised how many times I said the word "difficult" in that first paragraph...

Last edited by Haak; 2018-02-12 at 17:53.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 17:29   Link #771
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What I don't like is how this is devolving into a Ichigo/Everyone else vs 02 war, within the fandom. The scene with 02 and Ichigo in the rain highlighted how both were flawed and how they're both a product of their upbringing yet I'm seeing a lot of "02 is fine the way she is - everyone else is wrong" and "02 is a horrible person and no one should like her".
It is indeed becoming bothersome in certain places on the internet.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 17:41   Link #772
Mistyclear

^ I SO don’t want to get involved with it, fans are scary—plus I’m withholding my opinion until more info is given.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 17:54   Link #773
AB079
Banned

It's obvious that shipping wars are going to happen when you have 2 females interested on the MC. Is up to everyone to avoid the shipping wars at all cost and analyze the information provided by the show itself. Sadly is evident that some users are unable to leave the bias aside and do it so it's better to ignore them and let the mods do their thing.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 18:39   Link #774
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I hope at least that we won't have a shipping war. Comments "like best girl" and "make excuses" will lead to that.

I don't care that Ichigo has feelings for Hiro.
And I don't think enyone is making excuses for 02.
Both have their reasons for acting how they do and I have no doubt that both will evolve through the story.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 18:47   Link #775
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
It's obvious that shipping wars are going to happen when you have 2 females interested on the MC. Is up to everyone to avoid the shipping wars at all cost and analyze the information provided by the show itself. Sadly is evident that some users are unable to leave the bias aside and do it so it's better to ignore them and let the mods do their thing.
Well, ''Love Triangle'' is nothing new in Mecha.

Not only that, they're using the famous 'CuckGuy' trope too. Where Bizon is the King of kings and Sai is the Prince of princes.

PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 18:52   Link #776
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentingWolf View Post
Well, ''Love Triangle'' is nothing new in Mecha.

Not only that, they're using the famous 'CuckGuy' trope too. Where Bizon is the King of kings and Sai is the Prince of princes.

Spoiler for :
While we're at it, I would like to add Furuichi Teraoka from Xam'd: Lost Memories to the list.

Like I said, I hope Goro escapes this trope.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 18:58   Link #777
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

If we want to be exact, in this show it's Ichigo who is the "guy" friend in the Lovetriangel.Hiro is not fighting with Goro about Ichigos heart at all because he is not even participating.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 19:02   Link #778
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Kokoro and Futoshi. Perfect compatibility vs. "nice partner". Ouch.
You think that's bad? Mitsuru to Ikuno bluntly states "no interest".
Old 2018-02-12, 19:24   Link #779
kari-no-sugata II

To some degree, I have some sympathy for all the "children" (the pilots). This is mostly because they are in a highly regulated environment where they have little real freedom or control. They barely even recognise that they don't have such things either.

Even someone like Mitsuru - I don't like him but I can sympathise with him somewhat. He felt held back by his partner and wanted to prove himself but wasn't given the opportunity to do so for a long time. When an opportunity did come his way, he was willing to take various risks in order to achieve his goals and even without that trying to save his fellow pilots was a worthy goal. He did indeed have a bad attitude about it and gloating was in very poor taste but he didn't deserve what 02 deliberately did to him.

I've explained how I have sympathy for 02's situation previously so I'm not going to repeat that.

Where I struggle to have any sympathy is with the adults. They are the ones in control . They have the knowledge. They understand the situation. I dunno how much real control/flexibility adults like Nana and Hachi have within the system but they have displayed some. But they could have done much more. It's not like I dislike them exactly, but I don't empathise with them.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-12, 19:34   Link #780
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
You think that's bad? Mitsuru to Ikuno bluntly states "no interest".
Eh. They're kids and its only been 5 episodes. Given enough time/dead bodies they'll change.