AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-01-13, 09:58   Link #21
bigdude

OK, in the FAQ it states:

Q: The video file I want to encode has AC3 audio, which BeSweet chokes on
The bad news is that my scripts don't have any support for AC3 audio at the moment. The good news is that AC3 audio is already DVD ready: just extract it with the proper tool (like "MKVExtractGUI" for MKV files) and together with the M2V file you should be able to author it straight to a DVD without futher encoding.

However in the previous questions you state:

Q: I get "FATAL ERROR: MP2 not file found after encoding!" message during encode
A: This usually means that for some reason BeSweet didn't run (or choked on the audio file). Probably the best thing to do in this case is to use VirtualDub to extract the audio as a WAV file from the AVI file. To so, open the source video in VirtualDub and then:
Select "Full processing mode" from the Audio menu.
Select "Compression" from the Audio menu, and select "No compression".
Select "Save WAV file" from the File menu. Save it with the exact same name as the source video (but with .wav extension) in the same folder as the source video.
Run the batch file again. BeSweet should now encode succesfully from the WAV file.

My question is, if you have a AC3 audio file, can you run the audio extraction as described above to to get around that issue?
bigdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 11:06   Link #22
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdude
My question is, if you have a AC3 audio file, can you run the audio extraction as described above to to get around that issue?
Yes you can. Although you probably would have to manually "clean up" any temporary
files, including the batch file.

While the batch process in that case chokes on the AC3 audio, the video should already be
encoded by then and you should be able to find the M2V file in the Encoding\Encode subfolder.

You can then burn the M2V+AC3 file with an appopiate DVD Authoring tool -- TMPGEnc
DVD Author handles this fine.

Btw, the next version will have better support for AC3 audio, and will simply neatly extract
it and leave you with the M2V+AC3 file combination without showing any errors.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 15:23   Link #23
bigdude

I was interested in looking at your first guide that you described as "Up until a while ago I therefore used TMPGEnc Xpress to convert to DVD and add a little border as described in this guide I wrote a while back." However, the link for that now points to a Fushigi Yuugi discussion (and not an exciting one that that).

Can you fix that link?
bigdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-19, 17:04   Link #24
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdude
I was interested in looking at your first guide that you described as "Up until a while ago I therefore used TMPGEnc Xpress to convert to DVD and add a little border as described in this guide I wrote a while back." However, the link for that now points to a Fushigi Yuugi discussion (and not an exciting one that that).

Can you fix that link?
Well I have nowhere to point a fixed link to. I have the thread on my HD,
but still have not gotten around to putting it back up yet.

I wouldn't really recommend using TMPGEnc Xpress anyway btw, as about
the only thing it can encode correctly is normal XviD+MP3 in AVI fansubs, while
H.264 encodes, MKV and MP4 formats are getting quite popular these days.
Old 2006-01-19, 20:58   Link #25
ZGMF-X10A Freedom

I upgraded, and I should delete the backups of the old config and quene right?

Last edited by ZGMF-X10A Freedom; 2006-01-19 at 21:11.
ZGMF-X10A Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 03:09   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A Freedom
I upgraded, and I should delete the backups of the old config and quene right?
Really doesn't matter. Keep them if you want. Delete them if they are useless to you. They won't interfere with the program.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 18:47   Link #27
ZGMF-X10A Freedom

Can the current version of this handle dual audio? And how would I make it work for dual audio?
Old 2006-01-23, 01:37   Link #28
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

The next version (for which I still haven't found time to finish yet) will have support
for multiple audio tracks in MKV files. The current version only supports 1 audio track.
Old 2006-01-23, 10:24   Link #29
ZGMF-X10A Freedom

ok, thank you!
Old 2006-01-24, 19:08   Link #30
Jolaloye

i have some anime that's in hdtv format, is it supported. and if it's not will it in the future?
Jolaloye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 21:02   Link #31
Jolaloye

I have a wierd error. I was doing a batch and it was going perfect, but when it got to a particular epidsode it refuses to encode. And this is after i delete the nfo file, the files in the encode folder. I also right click and evoke the queue for encoding command again. What always ends up happening is that CCE comes up and closes after a few secs and it says .m2v file not found. The wierd part is that it only does this for this episode.

Here's my other problem. I did the encode which was h.264 w/ ac3 audio. When it was done I was left with no sound. I know the faq discussed using my authoring program to get around this, but mine has a problem with it (dvd-lab). is there a way to convert it so that i can run the batch again?

Last edited by Jolaloye; 2006-01-24 at 22:50.
Old 2006-02-02, 01:25   Link #32
Jolaloye

Ok, here's the problem I have with this file. I tried to keep working on it before, but I couldn't figure it out. I had it as an avi and it wouldn't finish encoding no matter what. So i figured I could make it an mkv and work it that way, but no. It says something about the frame size not supported. Here's a pic when I tried to view it
Old 2006-02-02, 02:56   Link #33
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

That particular message means your avisynth is too old. Get 2.5.6a and install it.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 03:24   Link #34
Jolaloye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
That particular message means your avisynth is too old. Get 2.5.6a and install it.
Thanks problem solved.
Old 2006-02-05, 22:10   Link #35
EnZimE

I got this to work on AVI files. Just a question so I dont waste time encoding, I can do this for MKV files as well? Also, my burning program doesnt recognize mkv to burn to a dvd to watch on tv, what should I do?

Edit: Also Can i increase the bitrate for a faster encoding?
EnZimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 23:37   Link #36
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

These scripts will convert any supported video file (including MKV) to DVD format.

And you can change the bitrate if you like, but I don't think that's going to speed things up much.
(bitrate mainly affects the encoding quality and how many eps you can fit on one DVD)
Old 2006-02-06, 12:12   Link #37
EnZimE

So a higher bitrate means more episodes per episode while a lower means less? or is it the other way around

Edit: Also my dvd's say RW in the bottom(im assuming re-writable) so how would I clean off what is on the dvd to burn something over it?
Old 2006-02-06, 12:54   Link #38
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Higher bitrate means better video quality (up to a point, beyond a certain bitrate you
won't see much improvement) but also larger filesize (as more "bits" are used per second
of video), which in turn means less episodes will fit on a DVD.

My scripts by default set the bitrate to 2500, which seems to be working well in most cases.
Others have reported bitrates as low as 2000 working well for them.

To erase a DVD+/-RW disc, you can use Nero or pretty much any other DVD burning application.
But make sure they're really RW discs -- I have a stack of Imation and Memorex DVDs lying
around which also have the RW logo on it, but are marked "DVD+R" (which they really are).
Old 2006-02-09, 21:19   Link #39
EnZimE

Im tryin to encode an MKV file, and I keep getting this error

\

Old 2006-02-09, 21:33   Link #40
EnZimE

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate