AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-12-01, 08:22   Link #21
Huh...?

New Trailer
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old Trailer
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 16:46   Link #22
magnuskn

The first episode was really great. Geeze, the MC even blasting dragons as a baby with giant energy blasts. ^^ I also like her a bit smug attitude and of course the absolute will to find great fights. And it's nice that they are leaving themselves the time to explore a bit about her childhood, before jumping her up to teenage age.
Old 2023-01-09, 21:09   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Nice cast but beyond the gender swap it just seems like a generic 'battle junkie' isekai. I'll give it a couple episodes anyway.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 23:11   Link #24
Friday
Im shy too...

promising series

he forgot to say "as a male"
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-09, 23:41   Link #25
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

I love this manga.
I am very happy to see this get an animation.
Looking forward to the parts where Inglis gets to fight against tougher opponents.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-10, 04:23   Link #26
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Nice cast but beyond the gender swap it just seems like a generic 'battle junkie' isekai. I'll give it a couple episodes anyway.
But it's not an isekai.
Just fantasy.
Old 2023-01-10, 08:21   Link #27
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
But it's not an isekai.
Just fantasy.
I mean... the entire premise is still the MC reincarnating, and so far it seems more probable that she's in a different world than a different time period. Going from one fantasy world to another is still for all intents and purposes isekai.
Old 2023-01-10, 08:32   Link #28
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
I mean... the entire premise is still the MC reincarnating, and so far it seems more probable that she's in a different world than a different time period. Going from one fantasy world to another is still for all intents and purposes isekai.
It's the same world.
Old 2023-01-10, 08:52   Link #29
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
It's the same world.
Is that from the source or are you just kind of assuming?

Semantics aside my main point is that the series just seems painfully generic. I read a bit of the manga to see if it improves and it doesn't seem like it will. Probably a drop, but I like Akari Kito so we'll see. Hopefully something like Otome Survival gets adapted someday, there's better options as far as female 'battle junkie' MCs.
Old 2023-01-10, 10:12   Link #30
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Is that from the source or are you just kind of assuming?

Semantics aside my main point is that the series just seems painfully generic. I read a bit of the manga to see if it improves and it doesn't seem like it will. Probably a drop, but I like Akari Kito so we'll see. Hopefully something like Otome Survival gets adapted someday, there's better options as far as female 'battle junkie' MCs.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2023-01-10, 10:37   Link #31
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
I'm not sure why that warranted a spoiler; we saw that scene and there was absolutely no mention of what you're suggesting. He just wanted to be reborn as a battle junkie.

If I'm wrong (based on the source) that's fine but as I see it she thinks she's in the same world but its most likely a different world.
Old 2023-01-10, 12:25   Link #32
scififan

Quote:
I'm not sure why that warranted a spoiler; we saw that scene and there was absolutely no mention of what you're suggesting. He just wanted to be reborn as a battle junkie.

If I'm wrong (based on the source) that's fine but as I see it she thinks she's in the same world but its most likely a different world.
Yes. I don't think it is spoiler.

The hero king reborn as the baby girl. She notices the stigma/tattoo on her hand. Her conclusion is that this magic item does not exist when she is alive in the previous world.

Here's what spoiler should be like.
Spoiler:
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 10:44   Link #33
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I hate when babies don't act like babies, even reincarnated. They can have the thoughts, just... don't be doing sh** like walking, or, shooting laser beams.

I also disliked her being able to fend off a boy several years her age with skills alone. She's only 5. She shouldn't even be able to handle a sword, even a wooden one without powers. I can suspend disbelief, but only so far before I start tossing "Mary Sue" labels and start rolling my eyes at yet another OP protagonist.

I'll at least try to stick around until she comes of age, but I'm not feeling this one so far =0<.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 14:44   Link #34
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I hate when babies don't act like babies, even reincarnated. They can have the thoughts, just... don't be doing sh** like walking, or, shooting laser beams.

I also disliked her being able to fend off a boy several years her age with skills alone. She's only 5. She shouldn't even be able to handle a sword, even a wooden one without powers. I can suspend disbelief, but only so far before I start tossing "Mary Sue" labels and start rolling my eyes at yet another OP protagonist.

I'll at least try to stick around until she comes of age, but I'm not feeling this one so far =0<.
I agree with everything you said.
Old 2023-01-12, 02:45   Link #35
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
promising series

he forgot to say "as a male"
Gods are so tricky. At least he won the reincarnation gacha.

I am amused that her loli self look like a white haired young Matou Sakura from Fate.

Last edited by Sheba; 2023-01-12 at 03:31.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 12:21   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I was going to criticize the King for wanting the beasts to be seriously dangerous. After all anything too dangerous might you know...kill their new family while they are still an infant. And part of me still thinks that since it's not like a baby can fly around and clean up this situation. Even taking care of one beast took all the stamina she had.

But I guess it's fine. This person was really selfless in their first life without expectation that they'd get another crack at it. That they are being fairly selfish in wanting powerful monsters attacking all over the place and yet wanting to avoid heroics isn't unbelievable. Though whether that will make for a likeable protagonist I'm not sure. I might end up wishing we were watching the journey of the Hero King instead.

The duel was a bit much. I don't care how elite a swordsman this King was. Without using magic powers to bolster physical abilities there's no way that's going to work. And if that's what she was doing not sure why she counted it as a battle of pure skill. Either way, I suppose expecting that battle junkie to wait even more years before handling weapons was a bit much.
Old 2023-01-12, 13:22   Link #37
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I agree with everything you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The duel was a bit much. I don't care how elite a swordsman this King was. Without using magic powers to bolster physical abilities there's no way that's going to work. And if that's what she was doing not sure why she counted it as a battle of pure skill. Either way, I suppose expecting that battle junkie to wait even more years before handling weapons was a bit much.
Sword duel scene is a case where some narrative ae needed to make anime audience understand what happened better

Here are pages from novel that explain how did she do it with pure skill

Old 2023-01-12, 14:11   Link #38
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
to put it in Chaosium/Call of Cthuluh game system term, Eiyuuou rerolled as a girl while keeping his 100% Sword skill intact. Even if he received a 20-30% penalty due to his infant status, it's still enough to defeat Bully who saw his Magic Gift advantage nullified, and without it, he had 30-40 % in sword mastery top.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 15:13   Link #39
zeross87

seriously if you guys didn't like what you've seen with this first ep, i can tell you this show won't be for you because it's gonna be more of this until the end.

it was a great first ep and adapted the novel greatly. character design, animation, everything is gorgeous and i hope it'll stay this strong all along
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-12, 15:22   Link #40
Kazu-kun

People who shouldn't watch this show:

1) People who expect the gender swap to be important. It isn't. In fact you will probably forget there was a gender swap at all in a few episodes. That's how important it is.

2) People who expect Inglis not to be massively overpowered in pretty much every way.

3) People who expect a selfless protagonist. I mean, she's not an asshole but she has her priorities and helping people is not always one of them.

But you know, if don't have these expectations, you may enjoy it. It's fun.