AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-29, 19:53   Link #1041
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
This show got poor reviews from critics and regular viewers because they already saw something like Lucky Star and K-On much ealier. Too bad this show don't get a sub forum unlike two previous KyoANi's moeblob shows.
It is actually an opposite. Nichijou is very different from LS an K-On. That's why Kyoto Animation needed different approach and style of direction that differs from those two. They decided to do exact same execution they did with those two series, which is reason why majority of hype went off as series goes on.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:24   Link #1042
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I've been following the popularity on nicovideo and it seems like Nichijou leads other comedies this season like Azazel, A Channel, and Hen Zemi in webcast views and mylists per episode (though Azazel seems usually within 30k or less views). I think this implies the series is probably a bit too much toward the mainstream/casual for this to happen and not generate equivalent sales?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:25   Link #1043
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
It is actually an opposite. Nichijou is very different from LS an K-On. That's why Kyoto Animation needed different approach and style of direction that differs from those two. They decided to do exact same execution they did with those two series , which is reason why majority of hype went off as series goes on.
same execution? Like the one above you said it's pretty much closer to Lucky Star. I don't get the K-ON vibes though.

Last edited by rulfo; 2011-06-29 at 20:41.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 20:26   Link #1044
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or people were turned off by the OVA and didn't come back. Their mistake.

One difference from Lucky Star...not one complained about being bored for 8 minutes as the main characters talked about food. Even the OVA had some movement. Also Lucky Star didn't hit its audiance until after episode 4, and then polarized it. Nichijou hit us on episode 1, and I think polarized immediately on the split between likeing Yuuko's group or Nano's group (or hating on perhaps said group).

The only K-On flash I got was the OP and maybe the ED...but that's a tradition in KyoAni that people go with the OP and ED music...at least in the non-Key shows (the Dango song get me now and it didn't when it was the ED, and the AIR OP gets to me and I didn't even watch that show...something is her voice makes me want to cry).
Old 2011-06-29, 20:53   Link #1045
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
same execution? Like the one above you said it's pretty much closer to Lucky Star. I don't get the K-ON vibes though.
I never ever said it is similar to LS... I said it is very different.

When I said execution, I meant directions. Directions in K-On and directions in nichijou is almost identical in sense of pacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I've been following the popularity on nicovideo and it seems like Nichijou leads other comedies this season like Azazel, A Channel, and Hen Zemi in webcast views and mylists per episode (though Azazel seems usually within 30k or less views). I think this implies the series is probably a bit too much toward the mainstream/casual for this to happen and not generate equivalent sales?
I think it is more like Kyoani hype and Kadokawa marketing tactics backfired. If you read this post by me, you will get why.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:56   Link #1046
Midonin
Last Engage

What an erudite analysis.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 21:02   Link #1047
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
What an erudite analysis.
If that's sarcasm, I will accept the word better.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:11   Link #1048
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
I think it is more like Kyoani hype and Kadokawa marketing tactics backfired. If you read this post by me, you will get why.
I had a look, but not quite 6 covers. 3 covers (cover and sleeve for the special edition, 1 for non-special), and they're the same for BD/DVD limited and BD/DVD normal. I don't really understand the marketing in places frequented by normal people (who probably wouldn't purchase anigoods) so no comment there. Makes me wonder why they bothered making a normal BD when the price is the same as the special DVD.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:25   Link #1049
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I had a look, but not quite 6 covers. 3 covers (cover and sleeve for the special edition, 1 for non-special), and they're the same for BD/DVD limited and BD/DVD normal. I don't really understand the marketing in places frequented by normal people (who probably wouldn't purchase anigoods) so no comment there. Makes me wonder why they bothered making a normal BD when the price is the same as the special DVD.
If read carefully, I actually said it is 6 different 'version', not covers. Normally, it's just 3~4 versions maximum.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:33   Link #1050
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
If read carefully, I actually said it is 6 different 'version', not covers. Normally, it's just 3~4 versions maximum.
Ah, sorry about that. So what's the sixth after the 4 BD/DVD special/normal and the rental (advertised same as normal DVD contents) version?
Old 2011-06-30, 00:21   Link #1051
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ah, sorry about that. So what's the sixth after the 4 BD/DVD special/normal and the rental (advertised same as normal DVD contents) version?
Ah, wait. Sorry, ignore that one. I read your post again and it is right. 1st one is jacket image, next one is jacket sleeve. One is drawn by manga author, another by animation staffs. Still find it kind of wasting. Having so many different kind of covers + having DVD which have jacket and sleeve image 'reversed', is usual otaku-targeting tactics.

The reason I was confused was in fact there was 3rd version of blu-ray when they sold 1st volume. It included 'Kadokwa satisfaction' card thing, which only had 500 discs in stock.
Old 2011-06-30, 02:02   Link #1052
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'm waiting eagerly for Yamakan's apology.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 04:13   Link #1053
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One difference from Lucky Star...not one complained about being bored for 8 minutes as the main characters talked about food. Even the OVA had some movement. Also Lucky Star didn't hit its audiance until after episode 4, and then polarized it. Nichijou hit us on episode 1, and I think polarized immediately on the split between likeing Yuuko's group or Nano's group (or hating on perhaps said group).
But why!?!
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 07:00   Link #1054
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Applejuice my friend, if that was your blog above, I think you are really obsessed on the idea of hating KyoAni.

Just mentioned unless you haven't realised it, don't mind my comment otherwise
Old 2011-06-30, 07:36   Link #1055
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-2583.html

Nichijou sold 2600 blu-ray disks, making a 3500 total.

Well...better than Fractale.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 08:08   Link #1056
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Applejuice my friend, if that was your blog above, I think you are really obsessed on the idea of hating KyoAni.

Just mentioned unless you haven't realised it, don't mind my comment otherwise
After reading the other posts I remembered this blog. I saw this posted of 4chan a dozen of times. Didn't know it was his but oh well. There are a lot of people with this kind of i dunno what to say... "nature" against kyoani kinda like kaoshin dude I kept seeing on ANN and here as well.

In any case.

Wait... They charged 8000 yen for 2 episodes?

And I thought 3 for 8000 yen was already wallet wracking.

Last edited by rulfo; 2011-06-30 at 08:54.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 11:19   Link #1057
Midonin
Last Engage

On a completely different note, the theme songs for the radio shows - one by each of the main trios - are infectiously catchy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 03:35   Link #1058
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I found this to be amusing...
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:03   Link #1059
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scans:
Old 2011-07-02, 13:20   Link #1060
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Second OP

Oh wow.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-07-02 at 14:18.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life