AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-09-08, 10:34   Link #41
Lost

Good news!! For Singaporeans at least. La-tendo at Sunshine Plaza and the shops at China Square Central have stocked the Eruruu 1/8!!! Haven seen it up close myself yet, but I'll try to go down next week to check it out.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 10:43   Link #42
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietpimp
Now I need a 1/8 version of karura's breast. Just her breast though nuttin else :P
lmao you perv XD
Old 2006-09-08, 14:10   Link #43
Flame-X
Anti-fan

any ideas when the anime OST is coming out? ^^;
Old 2006-09-08, 16:24   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X
any ideas when the anime OST is coming out? ^^;
Yes, in fact - it's coming on the 25th of October. CD Japan / Amazon.co.jp. I'm looking forward to it!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 02:30   Link #45
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Not sure whether this should go in the game thread or what but anyway...

I've decided to buy the Utawarerumono PC-DVD game. Looking at Himeya Shop, that's roughly $100AUD for the game, and then either $25USD or $75USD for shipping, ouch. Although I have $200AUD to burn, paying up to $75USD for shipping seems quite steep.

Any advice? I live in Western Australia, and I'm going to pay via money order (I don't have a credit card). Are there other places to look at that will ship for less (without the order being lost).

I'd love to get the PS2 game too, but one big problem... I don't have a PS2 ^_^
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 08:08   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its what i've been wanting for since the first episode.. and it finally has a release date - the OST! ^__^

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-9067

Its strange that these days, ost's tend to be released after the series have finished.. ah well, Uta' has brilliant music - i'm just hoping no tracks get missed out.
Old 2006-09-09, 08:34   Link #47
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybudgy
Not sure whether this should go in the game thread or what but anyway...

I've decided to buy the Utawarerumono PC-DVD game. Looking at Himeya Shop, that's roughly $100AUD for the game, and then either $25USD or $75USD for shipping, ouch. Although I have $200AUD to burn, paying up to $75USD for shipping seems quite steep.

Any advice? I live in Western Australia, and I'm going to pay via money order (I don't have a credit card). Are there other places to look at that will ship for less (without the order being lost).

I'd love to get the PS2 game too, but one big problem... I don't have a PS2 ^_^
Aww, I was gonna recommend the PS2 version too.

As for paying by money order, well, you come unstuck about there. I was gonna recommend paletweb but they don't appear to accept Australian money orders (they accept most countries', but not Australian. Or the UK, bleh) Are you sure Himeya even do? They don't seem to specify but I remember money orders looking kinda messy last time I looked at them on CDJapan's site. Palet only take US cash or paypal (credit or debit, I always used debit because I don't have a credit card either) soo unless you can use either of those then Himeya's your only option. EMS is still expensive at $19 (I can't see the $75 UPS being any faster than EMS is already so avoid it like the plague), and their $95 price tag for the game is ridiculous, but if you really want it that might be your only option. Unfortunately.

Hope that made sense, seriously sleep deprived right now >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Its strange that these days, ost's tend to be released after the series have finished.. ah well, Uta' has brilliant music - i'm just hoping no tracks get missed out.
On a 2 disc OST? Fat chance
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 08:46   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
On a 2 disc OST? Fat chance
Thats why they'll try to fit everything onto one ost - and thinking about it, there hasen't been an amazing amount of tracks played in the series.. so i think we should be alright.
Old 2006-09-09, 09:03   Link #49
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Thats why they'll try to fit everything onto one ost - and thinking about it, there hasen't been an amazing amount of tracks played in the series.. so i think we should be alright.
Yupyup. I'm tempted to buy it too if only because I like supporting companies that choose to package 2 CDs for slightly above regular price instead of milking it with 2 full priced separate discs that often are far from full anyway. Plus Uta did have good music, so... oh well, we'll see.
Old 2006-09-09, 09:06   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yupyup. I'm tempted to buy it too if only because I like supporting companies that choose to package 2 CDs for slightly above regular price instead of milking it with 2 full priced separate discs that often are far from full anyway. Plus Uta did have good music, so... oh well, we'll see.
Uta does have good music.. not did. :3

Its going to be a great OST, so i say you might as well buy it - i'm putting Uta episodes onto my PSP.. just so i can listen to the music. ^^;;
Old 2006-09-09, 09:53   Link #51
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Quote:
Aww, I was gonna recommend the PS2 version too.

As for paying by money order, well, you come unstuck about there. I was gonna recommend paletweb but they don't appear to accept Australian money orders (they accept most countries', but not Australian. Or the UK, bleh) Are you sure Himeya even do? They don't seem to specify but I remember money orders looking kinda messy last time I looked at them on CDJapan's site. Palet only take US cash or paypal (credit or debit, I always used debit because I don't have a credit card either) soo unless you can use either of those then Himeya's your only option. EMS is still expensive at $19 (I can't see the $75 UPS being any faster than EMS is already so avoid it like the plague), and their $95 price tag for the game is ridiculous, but if you really want it that might be your only option. Unfortunately.

Hope that made sense, seriously sleep deprived right now >_>
Thanks for the reply. This will probably be the first time I buy something online and from overseas, so this is all new to me. Checking Himeya Shop, they do accept money orders. I do have a PayPal account, but it hasn't been activated yet, my bank statements from June onwards are missing so I can't tell how much PayPal deposited, but I'll work it out eventually.
Old 2006-09-09, 10:25   Link #52
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybudgy
Thanks for the reply. This will probably be the first time I buy something online and from overseas, so this is all new to me. Checking Himeya Shop, they do accept money orders. I do have a PayPal account, but it hasn't been activated yet, my bank statements from June onwards are missing so I can't tell how much PayPal deposited, but I'll work it out eventually.
Nah, I mean if they accept Australian ones. It sounds odd (cus, uh, they're called International Postal Money Orders and all) but for some reason like I said neither CDJapan nor Paletweb can convert mine or your country's to cash. Of course they don't mention it, so it'd be kind of a bad thing on their part if they had to be selective but... eh.

If you can get the paypal account all verified and stuff then that'll definitely the cheapest way - a bit slower seen as paypal takes its time when transferring money to your account, but seen as sending a money order to himeya (they don't take paypal or debit) would take time too, and they're apparently pretty slow to ship as it is. Anyway, if you wanna check how much paletweb'll charge, go onto their site and scroll down the middle until you see 'please contact us', which will make a box pop up which asks for your name, email address (so they can email you the reply), and then the contexts box, where I'd put something like:

Hello,
Would you be able to sell the Utawarerumono (うたわれるもの) DVD edition for PC? The Amazon Japan link for it is:
ttp://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0000YD6BQ/ref=sr_1_5/250-1687816-8465814?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1157815004
Also, how much would [X] shipping be to Australia?

Thanks

Add a h to the beginning of the amazon link (if I put it it shortens and won't copy properly) and replace the X with shipping what you'd like - EMS does tracking and is maybe 1 or 2 days faster than airmail, but is more expensive, and airmail's still pretty fast but has no tracking and is cheaper - I usually use this. Also, you most likely won't run into any customs taxes seen as they'll ask when you're confirming the order if you want them to put a false value on or anything. Which is always nice and is part of the reason I like them. If they haven't changed their pricing system from when I last ordered it'll work out something like $60 for Uta (far cry from Himeya's $95 isn't it?) plus $16ish shipping charge. May take a little bit longer, but that's still money that could be spent on other things after all.

Either way, hope that helps. Your first Japanese PC purchase always feels good
Old 2006-09-11, 05:44   Link #53
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Good news!! For Singaporeans at least. La-tendo at Sunshine Plaza and the shops at China Square Central have stocked the Eruruu 1/8!!! Haven seen it up close myself yet, but I'll try to go down next week to check it out.
Damn lucky. I hope they have it for HK soon... lol
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 07:25   Link #54
Lost

^ Haha I still haven seen it yet ( Work just started) but I'm getting mixed reviews about it from friends who have; two say it sucks, one says its great.. So.. Anyway, when I do get time to go down, and if I buy it, I'll post some pictures here.

----

Please make do with the crappy no-focus handphone shots for now, I'll be er.. borrowing the office digicam on Monday (pilferage 4TW!) and doing a small review. First impressions: Not bad at all, detail to dress and movement creases is just superb, no obvious seamlines or paint defects. I've just some gripes about her face being a little thin; making it not exactly 100% Eruruu-like, but it passes. Plus some nice eh.. features too.. More on Monday.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-09-16 at 10:32.
Old 2006-09-17, 04:24   Link #55
Ottocycle

I havent seen this posted in this thread nor the Music thread, so I'll assume its new info. Suara's getting an album release with the music written by the great people from Leaf. The best part: the PS2 game OP will be in it!!

Been waiting since i saw the game OP^^
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIGA-1

BTW, when was the OST release going to be?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 05:16   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23
I havent seen this posted in this thread nor the Music thread, so I'll assume its new info. Suara's getting an album release with the music written by the great people from Leaf. The best part: the PS2 game OP will be in it!!

Been waiting since i saw the game OP^^
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIGA-1

BTW, when was the OST release going to be?
Yup, I'm looking forward to Suara's second album. I actually did buy the first one, and it's really quite good.

Also, OST release is October 25th.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 13:35   Link #57
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost

Please make do with the crappy no-focus handphone shots for now, I'll be er.. borrowing the office digicam on Monday (pilferage 4TW!) and doing a small review. First impressions: Not bad at all, detail to dress and movement creases is just superb, no obvious seamlines or paint defects. I've just some gripes about her face being a little thin; making it not exactly 100% Eruruu-like, but it passes. Plus some nice eh.. features too.. More on Monday.
That's a very nice model. Very good pictures too. Maybe I'll get one myself. = O
What do you mean...features!? *eager*

All in all, it's very cool. ヽ(´―`)ノ
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 13:10   Link #58
Lost

Smile Kotobukiya's Pantsu-less Eruruu 1/8 PVC

p.s. Catgirls and xris I've done my best to keep the large pictures here under 20KB and thumbnail those that can be; but if thats still too high/much let me know, I'll thumbnail the rest. T_T

~~~~~~~~~~
Utawarerumono
ERURUU
1/8 Scale Pre-painted Figure
Sculpted by IBUKI
Produced by CRAFTSMANSHIP KOTOBUKIYA
4410 Yen; Retailing at SGD55; 50 if you ask nicely
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yes, really, I swear she's pantsu-less. No, its not that she doesnt wear one; I just can't see her pantsu!!! Proof:

Spoiler:
Yep, this is one of the rare figs that sports a full length skirt; ah, modesty, a trait of such bygone times. (I suppose one could unscrew the base if he/she was really desperate)

Some Introductory pictures of Eruruu in evening light; details, descriptions and thoughts later.

Look at the beauty of her dress creases.

What really really caught my eye about her was her immaculate dress. Amazing detail, down to even the pattern on its fringe. I could find no paint defects; seamlines were well hidden, you have to squint to see most of them; colour and sheen were perfect. Her dress: (thumbnails from here on)

I love the way they gave her dress flaps,
so its not like one boring single uniform
dress; plus it really helps accentuate the
creases even more.

On Tails and Ribbons:

Notice the creases at the base of her blouse
and on her bowtie. And her small waist too

And yes Zaris, one of the features;

I'm pretty sure they made Eruruu's tail flexible on purpose
My Mom's wondering why so many squeaks have been coming
from my room lately

On Ears and Plastinated Hair:

That collar is free and movable btw. And creases so well too.

Oh and I'm officially in love with her shoes, which have their own creases ZOMG!!

---Main Gripes---

Eruruu... doesn't look like Eruruu!!

Notice the blush, btw.

Uneven seamline I'd wish they would close;
tho it's only a problem on one side.

Other than that, this Eruruu looks a little thinner than usual, especially her neck imo. Also, I was actually hoping her sleeves would be empty up to where they met her arms, but they're actually block. Makes it look kinda funny sadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, thats all the pictures worth posting.
Here's an Eruruu wink to leave you. Buy me, she says.

Click for Large Version.
Old 2006-09-19, 03:53   Link #59
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Thanks for pics. =]

Yea the face is a little incorrect, but judging the overall look, it's definately a quality model (compared to the ones I and most definately you have seen).

One of the reasons I adore Eruruu so much is because of her dress. It's not like she's wearing two kimonos over another, but it's different and I don't know how to describe the layout. Something about the kimono is very mystical (and it has the colors of an FF white mage ;D ). And the fact that she has the characteristics of the kind of woman I'd like to get involved with (but that's for another thread ;O ).
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 00:26   Link #60
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Quote:
If you can get the paypal account all verified and stuff then that'll definitely the cheapest way - a bit slower seen as paypal takes its time when transferring money to your account, but seen as sending a money order to himeya (they don't take paypal or debit) would take time too, and they're apparently pretty slow to ship as it is. Anyway, if you wanna check how much paletweb'll charge, go onto their site and scroll down the middle until you see 'please contact us', which will make a box pop up which asks for your name, email address (so they can email you the reply)
I finally got that PayPal account verified. I also e-mailed Paletweb, and they replied saying that they do sell the game and provided a link: http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=00798

Following the link, it says that registration is required to view (because it's 18+). I attempted to register, but it's become a real mess, I just can't log in, and I never got a confirmation e-mail which probably means I didn't register properly. Do I need an eBay identity or something? I just want to know how much it costs so I can compare it to Himeya.