AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 03:28   Link #301
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I had that exact idea ages ago, even before witches & woodlands. I wanted to completely retell the whole story with genderbent characters.

genderbent Beatrice would be Dante, Battler would be 戦女 and you'd read it "Amazon".

One of the thing I imagined was the way to deal with the "breast sommelier" scenes. The way I envisioned it genderbent Battler would teasingly invite Jessica to touch her breast (slut!) causing him to blush and rage and call her a shameless woman.

This scene would be repeated with genderbent Shannon who would say:
"Okay, if that's an order..."
"Nooo, wait! You're not supposed to do that!!!"

Kumasawa would play the part of the dirty old man: "Oh if you want someone to touch them that bad I will obliiige!" "Ack! No thanks!"

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 11:12   Link #302
Asuka0NK

I would always imagine Battler-chan (I can't think of a better name since Battler isn't even a name anyway so I just call her Battler-chan) instead of being interested in breasts would try to touch their penises but that would make things very awkward so I quickly discarded that idea.
Old 2012-06-21, 15:07   Link #303
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
Battler would be 戦女 and you'd read it "Amazon".
Win, right there.

Would then Shannon and Kanon merely be switched. Instead of Battler asking to grope Shannon's breasts, it would be Amazon asking 'Kanon'. Genderbent Jessica crushing on 'Shannonn' and Georgina proposing to 'Kanon'

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 18:05   Link #304
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
My god, all these Forgeries that are being worked on!

Come on, guys, I believe in you! I want to read all your works so much! You can do it! You'll all have atleast one fanatic reader!
This comment made my day (regardless of when it was posted, I just read it today). It sounds especially encouraging to a person who spent all day slaving over a notepad trying to figure out how the tips work.

By the way, I just started playing Jan-Poo's Witches and Woodlands (had heard of it, but never got round to download it until now), and if I had to describe it somehow, I'd say...145 MB of pure gold!

My only negative comment would perhaps be that Erika appears way too stupid, but I guess it's funnier that way. Other than that, all the characters have been used meticulously, and there are points where it feels almost like actual Umineko, excluding the parody-ish atmosphere. Jan-Poo, you've just acquired a fan.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 18:17   Link #305
Asuka0NK

Oh yeah I have to say Jan-poo I love Witches and Woodlands. I just finished Mammon's Trial and it is very good so far. Also Bluebeard are you using Ren'py because I would really like to know if you have coding needed to make a TIPS menu.
Old 2012-06-21, 20:42   Link #306
Peophin

Wow, so many people writing Forgeries in here. I'll probably end up reading them all, too

I recently read both Jan-Poo's "Witches & Woodlands" and Kinjo's "Seacats"-- both of which were awesome-- and was inspired to try making a fan-game of my own. It's still in the planning stages at the moment, but I want to try writing something centered around the four Ushiromiya women (though Kyrie and Eva may end up taking over the story).

The mystery's not going to be the only focus, though I do want to have that in there. My specialty is character-centric pieces, so I'm hoping for it to be about half and half, though knowing me, it may get out of my control and end up being almost entirely character interaction-driven, haha.

Not even touching the programming (or the title) yet. This thread is really helpful, though!
Peophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:45   Link #307
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
Also Bluebeard are you using Ren'py because I would really like to know if you have coding needed to make a TIPS menu.
Nope, I'm using onscripter. I had initially started working with Ren'py but I quickly abandoned it, the TIPS screen being one of the reasons. Seriously, I've no idea how to program one....It actually took me hours to figure out how to modify the already existing one in the original script in onscripter.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-22, 05:24   Link #308
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
I'm not looking forward to figuring out how to do the TIPS either I'm already going to have enough trouble figuring out the title screen....
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:46   Link #309
Captain Bluebeard

It's not that hard once you get the knack of it. The tough part is to get the knack of it.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-24, 01:56   Link #310
Asuka0NK

Dear god I have just finished W&W and Beelzebub's trial is going to drive me to madness.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:12   Link #311
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I have a stupidly basic question about Kinjo's Onscripter tutorials which I'm sure anyone who's been using those will be able to answer.

I'm at the bit in the first tutorial where it says "Go into the "examples" folder and place "Example1" in EP5 English's folder. Rename it to "0.txt" and begin playing."

Presumably, beginning playing means starting up the English patch. It didn't do anything it wouldn't normally do, not seeming to play the code in Example1. But of course, I have up to ep 8 installed, and the code in the example was for ep 5. It's incompatible. Does this mean that everyone using the tutorials is just skipping testing out the examples as they go, unless they have only ep 5 installed? Because otherwise it would seem to be that you'd already need all the skills taught by the tutorials in order to know how to convert the examples so that they will work.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 15:42   Link #312
Asuka0NK

As I recall there is also a guide that explains how to do it for Ep's past 5 but I am unsure.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:13   Link #313
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I know, there's tutorial 0 which was added later on to try to explain how one can convert one's ep 5 style code into ep 6+ code/what the differences are between the old and new code. It doesn't specifically talk about the tutorial examples, and to use the info in tutorial 0 to alter the tutorial examples, it requires knowledge of tutorials past the ones where the examples are given. So it looks as if it is impossible to test the examples out while going along, if what's installed is past ep 5. Have people just been not using the tutorial examples as they learn, then?
Old 2012-06-24, 16:19   Link #314
Captain Bluebeard

I used to have the same problem, until I just didn't bother with the examples.

Try finding the 'gosub *check_game' that is near the beginning of the script and erase it, or just put a ; in front of it, that should do the trick. But bear in mind that since there are slight differences between the scripts of EP5 and more recent EPs, it might screw up some BGs or character expressions. Other than that, it should work fine.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-24, 16:22   Link #315
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
I used to have the same problem, until I just didn't bother with the examples.

Try finding the 'gosub *check_game' that is near the beginning of the script and erase it, or just put a ; in front of it, that should do the trick. But bear in mind that since there are slight differences between the scripts of EP5 and more recent EPs, it might screw up some BGs or character expressions. Other than that, it should work fine.
Thank you! I'll try that out. (At least until I get to the point where I also don't both with the examples.) Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had that problem. I like to be able to mess around a little with code as I learn.

And having tested it out, it doesn't seem to work, even though I deleted the line. Perhaps I'm making a mistake somewhere else too. So, I've put the example file in the Chiru English patch folder and renamed it to 0.txt, made the change to the gosub line...Is the next move really to open up the ep 8 English patch, or is there a different step to take?

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2012-06-24 at 16:35.
Old 2012-06-24, 16:42   Link #316
Captain Bluebeard

I just tried it out for reference's sake. Yeah, you just open EP8 afterward. It worked with me, only it doesn't show the character sprites, (I assume that's because EP5 codes have an $ character in front of the sprite display command, which EP6 onward doesn't). You could just go ahead and remove it, if you're willing to go to all that trouble.

(Just in case, you're suposed to name it '0'. The 'txt' is the file extension, you don't need to actually type it. I know, it's a really stupid mistake, and I'm probably the only person in the world who would do it, but....just sayin'. )

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-24, 16:45   Link #317
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
(Just in case, you're suposed to name it '0'. The 'txt' is the file extension, you don't need to actually type it. I know, it's a really stupid mistake, and I'm probably the only person in the world who would do it, but....just sayin'. )
Not at all, I was naming it 0.txt too. It's working now! Thanks for the help.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:49   Link #318
Captain Bluebeard

You're welcome. I'm actually glad to know I'm not the only one who's being driven crazy by this thing.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-06-27, 20:17   Link #319
Asuka0NK

I actually have a request. Is there anybody that is willing to draw custom sprites for my Umineko Visual Novel. I want to make two new demons named Orobas (red) and Orobas (blue) who are the creators and law makers of the red and blue truth and also sprites for Yasu since I don't want to use Shannon's since it isn't really her. I was originally going to use Zepar and Furfur's sprites and just say that they decided to take this form just for the heck of it but I feel that is lazy so I decided not too and I suck at drawing. I suck so bad even Ryukishi's drawings are better but anyway I just wanted to know if anyone knows someone or would help out thank you.
Old 2012-06-28, 00:18   Link #320
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I've been trying to work on sprites today too. I could just about manage my fan game forgery without using any but the existing sprites, but it would benefit from the two sprites I've got in mind.

So I've been messing around in the GIMP trying to alter two sprites. The one I really need is one with the goat sprite doing the Battler-style pointing finger thing. If anyone has the skills to make a goat with pointing finger sprite which looks halfway decent, I'd be grateful, since my one's not looking great so far. But I'll keep working on it. (I'd ask for help with the other sprite I need, but my own attempt on that turned out okay for my purposes. It was just a palette swap.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
I actually have a request. Is there anybody that is willing to draw custom sprites for my Umineko Visual Novel. I want to make two new demons named Orobas (red) and Orobas (blue) who are the creators and law makers of the red and blue truth and also sprites for Yasu since I don't want to use Shannon's since it isn't really her. I was originally going to use Zepar and Furfur's sprites and just say that they decided to take this form just for the heck of it but I feel that is lazy so I decided not too and I suck at drawing. I suck so bad even Ryukishi's drawings are better but anyway I just wanted to know if anyone knows someone or would help out thank you.
I hope somebody will be able to help, but if nobody can, as a last resort maybe you could do a palette swap and/or head transplant on some of Ryukishi's drawings? Say, Furfur and Zepar's sprites but with an altered colour scheme and minor alterations for the new demons, and for Yasu maybe Shannon's sprite with Lion's head swapped on and a hair colour change.