AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-09, 09:39   Link #61
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Once again Kishi is making Kakashi to look stronger than he actually is... Kakashi is the biggest impostor of them all.
It wasn't all just Kakashi. It was Kakashi working with Gai and Naruto. I've maintained for quite some time that teamwork is the key to defeating Tobi in a straight fight (obviously overwhelming power/ability as in the encounter with Konan or Minato also works, but that is a less feasible means of attack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post

1. Naruto can't get the Rinnegan without having a Sharingan set for some years first, this has already been explained. The Rinnegan eyes in the back was obviously the Juubi being reminded of the Sage.
To be fair, the original Sage never had a Sharingan (at least the Sharingan has been described as a mutation found in one of the Sage's sons), so it is unknown if Naruto could develop the Rinnegan on his own. I don't think it will happen (nor do I want it to happen), but we can't rule out the possibility simply because Naruto doesn't have a Sharingan.

Quote:
3. People complain they don't get the full story on Rin, then when they get it...it proves to be a clear indication Obito knew the truth all along and still can't be reasoned with....they complain...Sheesh.
Well, I expect we will still learn that Madara had the Sanbi sealed in Rin just to drive Obito insane. But beyond that, yes we've learned all we really need to know about Obito's motivation for getting his lobotomy, and while somewhat interesting it's a little too uncompelling to be intriguing or in anyway provocative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I maintain that I'd have been better if we had never known Tobi's identity for certain. Let him be a twisted unknown soldier who might or might not be Obito or any other desperate soul left broken by the ninja system and whose body would be almost completely inhuman and so unidentifiable.
Would have made for a more interesting story. The proverbial Unnamed Soldier fighting against the society that created him. Sadly ambiguity is somewhat anathema in works intended for younger audiences.

Quote:
So I think the manga is heading in the direction where Naruto + Sasuke will represent the two halves of the Sage, instead of one of them acquiring all the power themselves.
Agreed. It would even be somewhat meta and ironic that a Shounen series centered around one-on-one fights can only reach it's conclusion when teamwork is finally applied.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 10:18   Link #62
Casshern

Still setting my hopes on sasuke being the last boss.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 10:26   Link #63
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Still setting my hopes on sasuke being the last boss.
It would ruin the message of the previous chapters.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 11:55   Link #64
Sasukemaru
Banned

I too wanted to see the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, it's been hyped up continuously since the end of part 1.

I still think we'll get it at the end, but I think it'll be more of a competitive fight between friends that Naruto was crying to Sasuke about at their battle at the valley of the end....and not the death match that has been hyped up for years. If they do have that friendly competitive fight, I doubt it'll even show the winner. The manga would probably end as their fight begins.
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 12:03   Link #65
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
It would ruin the message of the previous chapters.
That has never stopped Kishi before? why would it stop him now?
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 13:20   Link #66
Casshern

Tbh I'm confused about what Kishi is trying to do. I thought Naruto was supposed to succeed where Jiraiya couldn't, so win Sakura's heart and bring back Sasuke. Now he settled for Hinata and Sasuke was brought back by Hashirama. What's next? He changes his mind about becoming Hokage?
Old 2013-05-09, 14:34   Link #67
quagmire

Quote:
Tbh I'm confused about what Kishi is trying to do. I thought Naruto was supposed to succeed where Jiraiya couldn't, so win Sakura's heart and bring back Sasuke. Now he settled for Hinata and Sasuke was brought back by Hashirama. What's next? He changes his mind about becoming Hokage?
He didn't settle for Hinata.... He realized who was the better woman. And it certainly isn't Sakura who tried using his feelings for her to get him to stop chasing Sasuke with that fake confession....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 16:03   Link #68
Casshern

Or it was just Kishi projecting his own issues with women into the story, as usual.
Old 2013-05-09, 22:13   Link #69
Sasukemaru
Banned

Why does everyone think Kishi hates women? Lol, has he ever said as much in a interview I don't know about?

Or is it just because he makes all of his female characters weaker then his males? I hate to be the bearer of bad news...But females ARE physically weaker then men. Don't blame Kishi, blame mother nature. She's the one who did it.

Oh no...Does me realizing a fact mean I hate women too? Damn.
Old 2013-05-09, 22:25   Link #70
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
He didn't settle for Hinata.... He realized who was the better woman. And it certainly isn't Sakura who tried using his feelings for her to get him to stop chasing Sasuke with that fake confession....
Yeah putting Naruto's feelings and welfare beyond her own to save him, so he wouldn't suffer anymore was really unforgivable

Quote:
Don't worry there is still a lot of time. My advice is to look at whole picture when wanting to see what paring will happen. But Kishi will troll us until the last chapter. Maybe even beyond that
Old 2013-05-10, 01:29   Link #71
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Why does everyone think Kishi hates women? Lol, has he ever said as much in a interview I don't know about?

Or is it just because he makes all of his female characters weaker then his males? I hate to be the bearer of bad news...But females ARE physically weaker then men. Don't blame Kishi, blame mother nature. She's the one who did it.

Oh no...Does me realizing a fact mean I hate women too? Damn.
Err...How does physical buildup of a character have anything to do with their strength in Naruto? By that reasoning Choji is stronger than most everyone. WTF?!

They are ninjas. They rely more on their jutsu(naruto specific) and on out-smarting the enemy - at least that was the concept till this arc.
Old 2013-05-10, 06:38   Link #72
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Yeah putting Naruto's feelings and welfare beyond her own to save him, so he wouldn't suffer anymore was really unforgivable
It may have been for a good purpose, but using ones feelings to manipulate them into doing something is still unforgivable.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 08:33   Link #73
Cookie-Monster

I doubt naruto ends up with sakura. Most likely reformed sasuke will hook up with sakura.

It would be too cruel after all that has happened for Hinata to be thrown to the roadside.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:49   Link #74
Sasukemaru
Banned

I never said anything about physical build, I said females are weaker physically then males. Contrary to pop culture, women can not Laura Croft or Resident Evil Alice a man.

The baddest female fighter in the world would get destroyed by your average man. I never said anything about a persons size, a woman with 50 pounds on a man will still get wrecked by him. That is reality.

Just because Kishi steeps some of his story in reality, doesn't mean he hates women.
Old 2013-05-10, 10:00   Link #75
Eragon
Still Alive

o_O You have got some serious bias. What have you got to back up those blanket statements?

And as I already said, this is the Naruto-verse - being physically stronger means shit if you get stabbed in the back or get caught in gen-jutsu. Most of the female characters in Naruto are rarely anything other than gushing audience or are completely neglected.

My first question still stands though. I would really like to see some stats about that.
Old 2013-05-10, 11:26   Link #76
Casshern

What does physical strength matter in a world where power is determined by chakra?

And here is an average female fighter beating an average man.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:12   Link #77
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
What does physical strength matter in a world where power is determined by chakra?

And here is an average female fighter beating an average man.
I can assure you that both of them, are not the average female/male.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:13   Link #78
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
I never said anything about physical build, I said females are weaker physically then males.
I was going to ask how was the latter not related with the former but then :
Quote:
The baddest female fighter in the world would get destroyed by your average man.
And I realized the pointlessness of any response I could receive so let's drop the subject.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 12:29   Link #79
DarkHollowIchigo

People do cling on what happened in the past, not knowing what could happen in Narutoverse in the future.

Naruto gaining the Rinnegan because all Bijou/Kiyuubi are connected to him and working with him, seems a legit way.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:26   Link #80
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post
Naruto gaining the Rinnegan because all Bijou/Kiyuubi are connected to him and working with him, seems a legit way.
I don't see how, it was always said to be spawned from uchiha and senju dna/powers combined -- I don't see why simply working with the chakra of the bijuu should grant one a rinnegan.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote