AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-11-22, 10:26   Link #1
Kalldrexx
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Neji contradicting himself?

I'm confused. The other day I saw the Neji/Naruto fight from the 3rd part of the Chuunin exam and suddenly today I thought of something. The whole time Neji was yelling that Naruto was a drop out and you shouldn't try to go against fate. Not only that but Neji actually believed in all that crap. But, how could he believe that when he was blatenly going against fate by learning Byurkin (sp? The eye thing which is restricted to the head family, which Neji is not) and the other head master moves? Did I watch wrong or is he just completely blind to his own motives?
Kalldrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:31   Link #2
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Yes, Neji was contradicting himself and Naruto pointed that out to him, that's why he got so pissed at Naruto when the fight itself was coming to a close, but eventually Neji saw the fact that he was contradicting himself based on a philosophy that was flawed in the first place and learned to brighten up
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:31   Link #3
stylez
Hokage
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to stylez
Hehehe Naruto is sayings this as well during the fight=P Hinata tells him also=P
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:33   Link #4
Kalldrexx
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
oh lol must have missed those lines.. Thanks
Kalldrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 10:46   Link #5
stylez
Hokage
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to stylez
Hehehe np
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:07   Link #6
Anthriel
天使
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 独逸 (カールスト)
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalldrexx
I'm confused. The other day I saw the Neji/Naruto fight from the 3rd part of the Chuunin exam and suddenly today I thought of something. The whole time Neji was yelling that Naruto was a drop out and you shouldn't try to go against fate. Not only that but Neji actually believed in all that crap. But, how could he believe that when he was blatenly going against fate by learning Byurkin (sp? The eye thing which is restricted to the head family, which Neji is not) and the other head master moves? Did I watch wrong or is he just completely blind to his own motives?
Well, I think when he talked about that whole fate thing, he referred to the fact he will never be appointed to the head of the clan, even though he is the most talented Hyuuga. Even though he learned all that special moves, he cannot change his destiny as a mere bodyguard or soldier for the clan.
(Well, obviously things didn't go as he thought, but that's beside the point. Nobody would think his uncle simply denied him why his father died for no apparent reason.)
Besides, it's not exactly crap what Neji says. In truth, you cannot achieve certain things if you lack the talent. No matter how hard you study, if you are an dumbass, you will never be a professor at Harvard. Obviously, Naruto is a shounen, therefore the whole "You can do everything if just try hard enough" crap is going on. No one would think someone who couldn't learn Bunshin no Justsu for years would suddenly learn a way more complex version in one night for no apparent reason, but hey, it's a shounen!
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:25   Link #7
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Obviously, Naruto is a shounen, therefore the whole "You can do everything if just try hard enough" crap is going on. No one would think someone who couldn't learn Bunshin no Justsu for years would suddenly learn a way more complex version in one night for no apparent reason, but hey, it's a shounen!
I think the point isn't that Naruto was not able to, but Naruto didn't care enough to truly try.

If you believe you cannot, you are guaranteed to fail. Naruto never believed he could, so he never tried. But, when the time came for him to save someone he cared about, he was able to do it.
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:36   Link #8
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalldrexx
But, how could he believe that when he was blatenly going against fate by learning Byurkin (sp? The eye thing which is restricted to the head family, which Neji is not) and the other head master moves?
The teaching of those moves was what was restricted to the head family, not the learning. Nor was the learning of the Byakugan restricted to the head family. Neji himself was actually instructed in the soft-fisted style of the Hyuuga by the head family honcho himself. It just surprised Hiashi that Neji came so far on his own that he was able to learn techniques taught only to the main family.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:48   Link #9
jbruns
Warez Kiddie
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalldrexx
I'm confused. The other day I saw the Neji/Naruto fight from the 3rd part of the Chuunin exam and suddenly today I thought of something. The whole time Neji was yelling that Naruto was a drop out and you shouldn't try to go against fate. Not only that but Neji actually believed in all that crap. But, how could he believe that when he was blatenly going against fate by learning Byurkin (sp? The eye thing which is restricted to the head family, which Neji is not) and the other head master moves? Did I watch wrong or is he just completely blind to his own motives?
Byakugan itself is not restricted to the head family only. Like other posters have said, Neji was more complainging on how he could never become head of Hyuuga and forever remain a bodyguard for the family
jbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 11:51   Link #10
stylez
Hokage
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to stylez
Its not only that if U dont have faith in your self u cant accomplish anything, but also the need for others to believe in u. Even though u might not be able to go all the way, u still can achieve alot as long as u and others have faith in you.
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 12:07   Link #11
Kalldrexx
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruns
Byakugan itself is not restricted to the head family only. Like other posters have said, Neji was more complainging on how he could never become head of Hyuuga and forever remain a bodyguard for the family

I"m giong to have to watch that episode again cause apparently I have all the information mixed up. I thought that Byakugan was restricted to the head family by the seal that the branches had. Neji was mentioning that they kept the bloodline limit (Byakugan I thought) only in the head family so that the secret of it wouldn't get out, and that was why it was so imperative that the branch family's job was to protect the head family.
Kalldrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 12:17   Link #12
Anthriel
天使
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 独逸 (カールスト)
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
I think the point isn't that Naruto was not able to, but Naruto didn't care enough to truly try.

If you believe you cannot, you are guaranteed to fail. Naruto never believed he could, so he never tried. But, when the time came for him to save someone he cared about, he was able to do it.
In general, that's not true. During quite a lot of class tests, I was certain I would fail and even thought so afterwards and before the tests and they turned out to be an A+. Obviously you won't achieve as much if you totally lack motivation, but Naruto didn't seem to hang around all the time, he actually did train, but was a failure nevertheless. Hell, when he learned Tajuu Kage Bunshin, he was not even acknowledged yet. There's no logial reason for that, except the fact he is the main character.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 13:36   Link #13
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, OH
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalldrexx
I"m giong to have to watch that episode again cause apparently I have all the information mixed up. I thought that Byakugan was restricted to the head family by the seal that the branches had. Neji was mentioning that they kept the bloodline limit (Byakugan I thought) only in the head family so that the secret of it wouldn't get out, and that was why it was so imperative that the branch family's job was to protect the head family.
Well, you were sorta right. The seal is put on the branch family so that the branch family can't go off and form his/her own main family somewhere. The seal protects the main family from challenges from the branch family, as well as destroying the byakugan if a branch family member is abducted or somesuch.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 13:46   Link #14
tetra
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
He's upset about forever being chained down because of the curse seal.
His life will always be in the main families hands. He do great things for them or whatever, but in the end if they feel like killing him off, he can't really do anything about it.
tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 14:42   Link #15
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I disagree he was contradicting himself. To him it didn't matter how many jutsu's he learned his fate was had already been decided. There are people who believe in something but never make the effort to go against it. Neji tried to change his fate but only ended up renforcing what he already knew before, that's why he felt so strongly about it.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 15:35   Link #16
Kalldrexx
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Ohh ok I think I understand what fate he was talking about now (the seal used to control the branch family). Thanks all
Kalldrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 17:26   Link #17
Jin
Staked!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NYC
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Jin
What would happen if a head family member got captured? Shouldn't they put the seals on everyone then?
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 19:02   Link #18
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin
What would happen if a head family member got captured? Shouldn't they put the seals on everyone then?
there seems to be alot of mix up with some people. the seal is placed on the branch family as a form of control. also the main family doesnt leave the village but the branch family does. the seal also works to seal their bloodlimit apon death so the serect would remain hiden.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 23:46   Link #19
bal
Gaara of The Desert
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Role of the seal is
1. For Head family members to control branch family members.
2. To seal all the hyuuga abilities in case of death so no one can learn its secrets.

It doesnt restricts the byakugan growth or power but the branch family arent thought some high level techniquies. Neji alone discovered them without any guidance or books. He did not contradicted himself in this case cause it was his fate to be a genius hyuuga member.

Where he did contradicted himself was when he attacked hinata with intention to kill. He went out of the line because he got emotional with his anger. Other than that he never contradicted himself.
bal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.