AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-12-21, 15:55   Link #4381
KiharaRonin

Maybe ending a war, breaking into Area 51 and dishonoring one of America's finest, beating Oni and a Goddess, opposing Japan's secret police,, and now his battles with super assassins from an, he sure has come a long way. Not to mention, still has much room for growth. The story doesn't just throw him on top for being the mc
Old 2018-12-22, 00:51   Link #4382
Aling11

so sherlock holmes + those peeps from IU in earlier volumes who were huge figures in history and stuff are basically just fodder?? Just went back around page 125, it says as of volume 12, kinji was rank 89 in asia but in America rankings he was in top 10 strongest in the world since he beat g3 who is R rank butei or something? can anyone clarify?

Last edited by Aling11; 2018-12-22 at 01:17.
Aling11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 09:51   Link #4383
KiharaRonin

Not fodder, just there are people who are even better fighters than them in the world.

I'm guessing the rank is based on how he's viewed by said nations. Since they probably hold their fighters in higher regard, the defeat of them must make the person who vanquished them seem pretty powerful in people's eyes. Asia has many myths and legends so Kinji's probably only faced a handful of the powerhouses there. Like, his strength and skill can't be denied, but Asia still has many fighters who he hasn't proved himself against yet.
Old 2018-12-22, 23:21   Link #4384
Aling11

Got it thx, so I guess excluding the mythical deities and supernatural stuff, Kinji would be among the top strongest pure humans in the world? Also, Im curious, how did Kinji go by in his first year of assault? Is there a volume or side story thats about his 1st year lol? Im curious how he triggered HSS in assault, if his teachers knew about it, and if he actually tried in 1st year of assault
Old 2018-12-23, 00:42   Link #4385
KiharaRonin

Yes, amongst pure humans, Kinji is up there. We don't know a whole lot about his first year, I think some of the Masters know about HSS, but I do know Kinji had little to no interest in purposefully triggering it, since girls in his middle school like Kikuyo took advantage of him. Before he thought his brother died, he did try, reaching S-Rank, winning a Lumberjack duel, and making a great duo with Reki.

About side stories, we really don't have many. Aside from spin-offs like AA and Alicebell, we got two short stories ("The Case of Naruse Yukari" and "The Case of the Lost Peachbuns" I do believe) which were eventually thrown in as bonuses with the only full side-story volume titled "Reloaded: Cast-Off Table" (a very... interesting read to say the least), which came with a limited edition BD release of the anime. The only other thing I remember was a very short story with V28, featuring Aria and Shirayuki having a chat. There might be more short stories, but they must be very obscure or hard to find.

It's very strange the series can be so popular yet, at least in terms of the Light Novels (Manga aside), sticks to the Main Story rather than branching out like other series do. Though I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Not every other can be Kamachi and he shouldn't overload himself.
Akamatsu does have another LN Cheers!, haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but I'm unsure it has any place in the HnA Universe. Maybe we'll get more in the way of side stories in the future.
Old 2018-12-24, 07:59   Link #4386
Aling11

Does kinji ever appear in AA aside from his first appearance when he was back in assault? i remember watching that series expecting kinji do maybe do something with aria's amica but ended up disappointed lol
Old 2018-12-25, 15:13   Link #4387
KiharaRonin

Merry Christmas ladies and gents! Update on the new volume. It should take a bit and I'm out with family, but I should have spoilers in a couple days (possibly by New Years'). Some small things though, GIII is back. Moe and Kikuyo fans will get their fix, and Aria's sister steps into the frey. I'll see if anyone's compiled all the illustrations since I'm unable to right now. Can't wait to share any interesting developments with you all. Happy Holidays!
Old 2019-01-03, 14:02   Link #4388
Aling11

Does Nakasorachi have a decent role in Kinji's harem? She's my favorite girl lol
Old 2019-01-05, 23:42   Link #4389
tsunade666

Volume 14 of Aria is almost finished in translation.
Old 2019-01-22, 09:55   Link #4390
KiharaRonin

Volume 30 spoilers

Sorry for the long wait guys, college and family have been my focus for a long while now. Don't think I forgot you all though. I wish I had time to write a full comprehensive summary, but I don't. So instead, I'll use the time I had to provide the most important and juicy details.

Spoiler for Conclusion to the Hydra Situation:

Spoiler for Kinji's Father:

Spoiler for Some fun bits:

Spoiler for Search for Kinji's Father:

Spoiler for Prediction:

Overall, fun volume which moves the story along nicely, and features much needed appearances from less featured characters, especially Hina. Great way to close out the 10th anniversary year, which in general has had four great volumes. Now, we wait for Volume 31, which I will of course keep you guys updated on. Any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I'll answer as soon as I can.

Last edited by KiharaRonin; 2019-01-22 at 19:49.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 18:00   Link #4391
Aling11

i remember reading a long time ago in the earlier volumes that Kana was the strongest in the history of the Tohyama family, I assume this is no longer true? lol
Old 2019-02-03, 06:05   Link #4392
KiharaRonin

Definitely Kinji at this point, though we've yet to see much of what his dad can do, although knowing Kinji, he's probably still on top.
Old 2019-02-14, 12:07   Link #4393
KiharaRonin

10th anniversary Special Volume "Scarlet Festa" coming March 25th

Images
Textless cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Summary:
Quote:
10th anniversary celebration! Featuring special illustrations and writings! A Special book celebrating the 10th anniversary of the "Aria the Scarlet Ammo" series appeared! Including short stories from Chūgaku Akamatsu and some fan works as well!

Last edited by KiharaRonin; 2019-02-15 at 10:39.
Old 2019-02-14, 20:52   Link #4394
tsunade666

kinji, kinji, kinji..... that darn gigolo.
Old 2019-02-14, 23:44   Link #4395
Aling11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
Definitely Kinji at this point, though we've yet to see much of what his dad can do, although knowing Kinji, he's probably still on top.
What about his grandparents? I remember something ridiculous like his grandpa getting up like it was nothing after getting a blow 1000x a bullet or something by his grandma lmao
Old 2019-02-15, 14:15   Link #4396
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
kinji, kinji, kinji..... that darn gigolo.
Lmfao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aling11 View Post
What about his grandparents? I remember something ridiculous like his grandpa getting up like it was nothing after getting a blow 1000x a bullet or something by his grandma lmao
His grandma was so skilled in martial arts, her marriage to his grandpa led to the oversll increase in the Tohyama Family's fighting skills, thanks to her teaching. Meanwhile, his grandpa got shot down during WWII, crash landed in the freezing Pacific, swam back to Japan, took heavy enemy gunfire in order to save 100 troops, and though he was heavily wounded, he was able to walk again perfectly fine by the war's end. That's how great his grandparents are! And his grandma's family was amazing before she even became a Tohyama.
Old 2019-03-22, 19:59   Link #4397
KiharaRonin

Images
HQ Cover for Hidan no Aria: Scarlet Fiesta (10th Anniversary special)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Coming March 25th, this special volume will contain;

-A new Aria side-story
-Interview with the author and creator Chūgaku Akamatsu and illustrator Kobuichi
-Recording of drama CD by Chūgaku Akamatsu.
-Special Manga short story by Shogako Tachibana for the spin-off manga series, Hidan no Aria AA

So, looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for the next development in the main story but I'm sure that whenever Volume XXXI drops, it'll be well worth the wait! Even if we're not technically in the 10th anniversary year anymore, its still nice to get something special to commemorate 10 years of such an off the wall yet awesome franchise, so I'm sure all the content it includes will be sick!

Last edited by KiharaRonin; 2019-04-09 at 16:20.
Old 2019-05-18, 15:17   Link #4398
KiharaRonin

Volume XXXI: Silent Demon Finally Revealed!

That's right folks! After 6 months, Volume 31, titled Silent Demon, has been announced for June 25th!

https://mfbunkoj.jp/product/321903000102.html

Spoiler for short summary:

Who's hyped!? I know I am! I'll keep you all updated for the cover, full publisher's summary, and eventually story details (Spoilers of course) so stay tuned!
Old 2019-05-18, 16:06   Link #4399
tsunade666

the latest translation is the escapade of Jeanne and kinji and it's only half of the latest volume. which is why I can't feel that much hype on the latest book. I'm more hype for more translation.
Old 2019-06-05, 15:34   Link #4400
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the latest translation is the escapade of Jeanne and kinji and it's only half of the latest volume. which is why I can't feel that much hype on the latest book. I'm more hype for more translation.
Very understandable, its hard to focus on new content when the translations are so behind. But I try to keep up with both regardless. But the new stuff is a bit confusing without the context of the yet to be translated volumes.

Anyway, the Full Publisher's Summary has been released!:
Spoiler for Publisher's Summary:

The cover shall come soon so stay tuned!

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen