AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-03, 17:08   Link #5941
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Marianne wasn't really dead, though, just in the wrong body. And Kallen was talking to Lelouch, too.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:12   Link #5942
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, I know, but I imagine for most people in Code Geass that wasn't a very widely-known fact.

And I get the feeling that some people who watched Code Geass kind of which Marianne had stayed dead, considering how that episode turned out...
Old 2009-09-03, 17:13   Link #5943
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yes, they could have done without the spirit possession/evil bitch plot. Charles alone would have been enough.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:50   Link #5944
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
That knight survived an entire Fleiya explosion.
And Orange survived a dozen crashes.

They are not people; they are cats.

See where all the problem lies? If a person can stay alive even without a body (like Marianne) then why not Lelouch? He was only stabbed in the heart.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 19:45   Link #5945
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
That knight survived an entire Fleiya explosion.
And Orange survived a dozen crashes.

They are not people; they are cats.

See where all the problem lies? If a person can stay alive even without a body (like Marianne) then why not Lelouch? He was only stabbed in the heart.
Orange is a cyborg (and before that survived only one actual defeat), so his survival of pretty much anything is justified. Guilford, who I assume you're referring to as the "knight who survived an entire FLEIJA explosion", was on the outer edge of the blast. One could easily make the case that he ejected or crashed after the comm traffic went dead. Marianne had her soul-transfer Geass. Bit of an ass-pull so late into the season, but it does make sense for her to have tricked her way out of death.

Lelouch didn't have any of these benefits. He died in public, run through with a sword with nothing to save him. In other words, while the plot made allowances to save others, it went out of its way to kill him.
Old 2009-09-03, 20:46   Link #5946
ZeBird0
In a tree

Ah, I get what your saying. Probably nostalgia getting to them.
Quote:
He was only stabbed in the heart
Yeah, just read what you wrote right there -_- And I agree with morbosfist.
Old 2009-09-04, 01:17   Link #5947
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Lelouch didn't have any of these benefits. He died in public, run through with a sword with nothing to save him. In other words, while the plot made allowances to save others, it went out of its way to kill him.
It STILL gave the impression he had gotten immortal like C.C.
Old 2009-09-04, 01:31   Link #5948
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
It STILL gave the impression he had gotten immortal like C.C.
Yeah, because one offhand line and a cart driver really scream immortal. /sarcasm

It didn't give anything of the sort, just details that people twist out of context.
Old 2009-09-04, 01:56   Link #5949
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, I'm not sure best how to explain it, so instead I'll have the boys from Monty Python do it for me.

Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 06:38   Link #5950
roriconfan
Banned

Well, I am sure the parrot sketch had no magical ressurections to imply that someone survived... Unlike Code Geass.
Old 2009-09-04, 07:01   Link #5951
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yeah, because one offhand line and a cart driver really scream immortal. /sarcasm

It didn't give anything of the sort, just details that people twist out of context.
We also have the seen of Charles grabbing Lelouch at which time Lelouch could have become immortal. I have long held the belief that Sunrise or Bandai ordered them to leave the chance that Lelouch was alive. Of course that doesn't include interviews, and Okouchi made it clear that Lelouch was dead.

I can't blame people for not reading interviews or who don't know about the guide. That's why I only get angry when people make up some crazy theory about how Okouchi is clearly testing us, or how what Okouchi says doesn't matter.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 07:06   Link #5952
gk2012

The ending is great as it is. They will definitely ruin it if they suddenly revealed that Lelouch didn't die.
gk2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 08:39   Link #5953
ZeBird0
In a tree

You gotta love Monty Python And I agree with gk, if Lelouch didn't die, then the ending loses a lot of its significance.

Also, a unrelated question to the argument, in the last couple of scenes, Jeremiah is seen urging Zero to kill Lelouch. Does he know of the plan or does he just hate Lelouch but his loyalty prevents him from saying anything? Furthermore, did ANYONE, except CC and Nunnally, grieve for Lelouch's death?
Old 2009-09-04, 11:32   Link #5954
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
did ANYONE, except CC and Nunnally, grieve for Lelouch's death?
Sure; his army of 1 billion harem fangirls. He was a hunk!
Old 2009-09-04, 12:01   Link #5955
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk2012 View Post
The ending is great as it is. They will definitely ruin it if they suddenly revealed that Lelouch didn't die.
Agreed. Lelouch is dead. However, if they want to bring him back, then the producers should resume production of the original version for Code Geass R2 that was scrapped due to unknown reasons. This is the version that continues where Stage 25 of Season 1 left off, instead of a one year later storyline. This is the only way that we might be able to see Lelouch once again. Otherwise, it would not make any sense to continue the story from where Turn 25 had ended. I say let this version stand as it is. Lelouch dies for his sins and the world lives happily ever after.

I believe that most fans agree that they want to see more Code Geass with Lelouch in it. However, this demand might cause Sunrise to allow the creators to either remake Code Geass R2 from where the three original episode scripts had left off before they were forced to scrap it. Although they could do another Code Geass project with a different cast of characters, which is still a very strong possibility, but a very risky move.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2009-09-04 at 12:15.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 12:29   Link #5956
akire_and_atem

^ they should make a [K]nightmare of Nunnally series
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 12:43   Link #5957
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
Also, a unrelated question to the argument, in the last couple of scenes, Jeremiah is seen urging Zero to kill Lelouch. Does he know of the plan or does he just hate Lelouch but his loyalty prevents him from saying anything?
Nah, Jeremiah knew about the plan. It really wouldn't make sense for Jeremiah to urge Zero to kill Lelouch since he knew Lelouch was Zero. He'd be more surprised than anything else. Also, c'mon, Jeremiah wanting to Lelouch to die? His loyalty knows no bounds!

Quote:
Furthermore, did ANYONE, except CC and Nunnally, grieve for Lelouch's death?
Don't forget about Suzaku.
Old 2009-09-04, 13:39   Link #5958
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

And Kallen. Probably Nina and Sayoko, too. Lloyd and Cecile, maybe.
Old 2009-09-04, 16:00   Link #5959
ImmortalFire

Jeremiah maybe mourned a bit too.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 16:08   Link #5960
Nobodyman9
Banned

I guess Rivalz and Milly did too. Evil tyrant or not, he was still their friend (I guess)