AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-02, 21:23   Link #101
Commissar
Thought Policeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
This is actually the key theme of Kiminozo. No one can go back in time to fix their problems. You got to live with the decisions you've made and try to decide which direction will you go next. Takayuki so far has failed to see that and can't escape from the past and consequently caused pain to the girls as well.
I think Lordwu pretty much hit the nail on the head. I think this is the message that this series ultimately will try to say: "It sucks and is unfair that things didn't turn out this way instead of that way, but that's life and reality. There is no going back. You can only go forward, for better or worse. The only person responsible for your choices is ultimately you even if tragic circumstances present you with crapola options." As long as Haruka and Takayuki, in particular, try to deny this and live in the past they and others around them will ultimately suffer. This is also why I think this series will have a Mitsuki ending (aka "True Ending" as others have described). Again, no one really knows until episode 13 or 14 unless one of you guys are one of the writers for this show.
Old 2003-12-02, 21:27   Link #102
Shift_

I already know what will happen since I do read spoilers

But yea, I hope takayuki DIES in ep 10.
Old 2003-12-02, 21:46   Link #103
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Im still hoping for an Haruka ending but i think its looking like a Mitsuki ending.

spoiler tags just making sure because it may be an ending that may come true.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 22:18   Link #104
tem

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
When someone is not trusted, they then are more likely to go on and do untrustworthy things. Mitsuki putting all this pressure on Takayuki and decrying his affection for her does have an effect. You all can say that Mitsuki is completely blameless in this and that it's all Takayuki, but really...if Takayuki knew that Mitsuki trusted him wholeheartedly to do the right thing don't you think that might make him think over his actions a bit more?
While I agree with some of your post(the Haruka bit), I can't say that I agree with the statement that people are more likely to go on doing things that are untrustworthy. While it may be true in some cases, it's not really applicable to every person...or even as a generalized statement. If someone really loves another person and loses their trust in someway, somehow, then I would think that they would try to win the trust they lost back by stopping untrustworthy actions, or if wrongly accused, continuing being the trustworthy person they are.

I don't think that Takayuki would do the right thing if he knew Mitsuki trusted in him wholeheartedly. His actions don't really reflect on Mitsuki's lack of trust. They reflect on his inner struggle on how he doesn't know what to feel about each girl. Mitsuki is the only girl aware of this struggle(since Haruka has been in lalaland up until now), therefore she sees that he is struggling and that he is unsure. I think that is a perfectly valid reason to not trust him. She is looking to trust him(looking for constant reassurance), but he's not giving her much to go by. For example, when she asks him outright about Haruka, he evades the whole situation in some form or another. He's avoiding her almost completely now, because she's aware of the situation and what it means. Takayuki isn't trying to gain her trust back, so to me, it's understandable that Mitsuki isn't trusting him.

Why should she?
Old 2003-12-02, 22:47   Link #105
jakkz

what day of the week is it aired in japan ? ... and when will it be out as fansub ??
Old 2003-12-02, 23:36   Link #106
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Im still hoping for an Haruka ending but i think its looking like a Mitsuki ending.

spoiler tags just making sure because it may be an ending that may come true.
Spoiler:
It's NOT a happy ending because...

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 23:57   Link #107
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
It's NOT a happy ending because...

Spoiler:
heck with the spoiler tags...might be considered spoilers dont read any further

What I meant by that was maybe the writers/directors might try to make it that way even though its not one of the official game endings. They might create a whole new ending to make sure everyone is happy at the end.

I think by going their seperate ways while still being friends is a happy ending just like it was before, well maybe not exactly like before but they would still be considered friends but it may be next to impossible now considering how big of a hole Taka dug himself into.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-12-03 at 00:12.
Old 2003-12-03, 00:13   Link #108
Shift_

If takayuki dies, and the girls move on, and shinji gets a good girl friend, and they're still all together (minus takayuki) it'll be a happy ending
Old 2003-12-03, 00:18   Link #109
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
If takayuki dies, and the girls move on, and shinji gets a good girl friend, and they're still all together (minus takayuki) it'll be a happy ending
i like that ending too, but come on you know it never happen in a million years. I would like Shinji and Mitsuki to hook up, im sure Haruka will get some nice guy no matter what, she deserves someone that isnt as stupid as Taka.
Old 2003-12-03, 00:22   Link #110
ZGMF-10A

Takayuki is so stupid.... he tried to smoke a ciggaret but be couldn't..... lmfao....
Old 2003-12-03, 00:36   Link #111
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
Takayuki is so stupid.... he tried to smoke a ciggaret but be couldn't..... lmfao....
lol! Yeah that was the ultimate funny shit right there. If anything he should've went and had some pot if he was feeling like that, but he prolly wouldn't be able to smoke that either.

Episode 9 was really depressing, so sad. Though, I was really happy to see Haruka look at her hair in the window. Like finally, reality is coming back to her! I can't wait for Takayuki to walk through that door in the next episode. I wonder what she's going to ask or say to him. I wonder what's he's going to do when he realizes that his life in lala land is about over now. I guess the only thing we can do is to take cover for the shit that is about to hit 'da fan.
Old 2003-12-03, 00:38   Link #112
GUTB_

Consider the theme: Takayuki is currently "running away" from the present. He's in turmoil. This is the conflict the story revolves around -- finding the strength to move on with life. The hero is Mitsuki, the long-suffering female lead who's been courageously pushing forward through suffering into a new future. The villan is Haruka who is the perfect denial of the future, a barrier against the flow of time for these three people.

Now consider the pacing: we're about two-thirds finished the series, and it's time for the main conflict to be kicked into high gear. It's also the correct time for the "enemy" to be all-powerful and running rampant over the forces of good -- that time of a story in which the forces of evil bring the heroes to their knees. And, lo, here we have Takayuki running away from his current life and the future (Mitsuki) and falling into defeat (Haruka, the denial of the future and the memory of the past).

What will come next is fairly easily to predict. God steps in and shines His holy light on the stage, giving the good guys hope and new spirit while weakening the bad guys. Haruka has realized that her hair is long -- and she's going to realize the book is 3 years older than she remembers it (I admit I had some help from game spoilers for that tidbit). She will lose her perfect defense against the flow of time, and she will be forced to confront the future. She will not accept the future, of course, being the anti-future and villan of the story. She's going to become desperate in her fight to stave it off (or else there couldn't possibly be 14 episodes). There will be climatic battle, and the good guys will win at the very end. Haruka will accept defeat and embrace the future.

This means, yes, a Mitsuki ending
Old 2003-12-03, 01:01   Link #113
IPv6
blastos.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
Consider the theme: Takayuki is currently "running away" from the present. He's in turmoil. This is the conflict the story revolves around -- finding the strength to move on with life. The hero is Mitsuki, the long-suffering female lead who's been courageously pushing forward through suffering into a new future. The villan is Haruka who is the perfect denial of the future, a barrier against the flow of time for these three people.

Now consider the pacing: we're about two-thirds finished the series, and it's time for the main conflict to be kicked into high gear. It's also the correct time for the "enemy" to be all-powerful and running rampant over the forces of good -- that time of a story in which the forces of evil bring the heroes to their knees. And, lo, here we have Takayuki running away from his current life and the future (Mitsuki) and falling into defeat (Haruka, the denial of the future and the memory of the past).

What will come next is fairly easily to predict. God steps in and shines His holy light on the stage, giving the good guys hope and new spirit while weakening the bad guys. Haruka has realized that her hair is long -- and she's going to realize the book is 3 years older than she remembers it (I admit I had some help from game spoilers for that tidbit). She will lose her perfect defense against the flow of time, and she will be forced to confront the future. She will not accept the future, of course, being the anti-future and villan of the story. She's going to become desperate in her fight to stave it off (or else there couldn't possibly be 14 episodes). There will be climatic battle, and the good guys will win at the very end. Haruka will accept defeat and embrace the future.

yah! that's a wrap folks. Pack it up and go home. .
Old 2003-12-03, 01:01   Link #114
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:

so what you are basically saying is that Haruka is the villain of the story. if anyone who should be the villian it is the idoitic driver of the car that hit Haruka, all this crap wouldnt have happened, but without that this would've been another boring high school romance/drama show.

Also it could just as easily be an Haruka ending, its not over until the fat lady sings

I support you Haruka 100% dont listen to the guy calling you a villian he dont know what hes talking about

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-12-03 at 01:24. Reason: edit: spelling errors, changed somethings
Old 2003-12-03, 01:02   Link #115
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

This episode is very good.
I sure hope that what happened in game (Shinji's one nighter with Mitsuki) doesnt happen in the anime. That will make a Mitsuki ending totally impossible.
This anime is a lot about reality, rarely I have seen an anime character will have to make a real decision in life, (not those i will save the earth decisions in other animes).
Here I can't blame Takayuki, he is trying, but he knows he can't act against his feelings.
Old 2003-12-03, 01:03   Link #116
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
so what you are basically saying is that Haruka is the villain of the story. if anyone who should be the villian it is the idoitic driver of the car that hit Haruka, all this crap wouldnt have happened, but without that that this would've been another boring high school romance/drama show.
Based on how the car have damaged telephone rooms I will say the drive is dead...
Old 2003-12-03, 01:13   Link #117
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Ep 9 is alright. My interest kind of faded a bit (since I attention shifted to BPS) but I'll keep watching for Haruka.

Quote:

-----I think you pretty much sum that up. Pacing seems right and everything. I'll support Haruka the villian to the end though. I love villians.

Grifis
Old 2003-12-03, 01:31   Link #118
Key Board
Carbon

Trivia:

Did you know that the doctor is supposedly a very bad driver?

I'm talking Yukari from Azumanga Daioh bad.

^_^;;
Old 2003-12-03, 01:35   Link #119
Shift_

Trivia...Although I'd rather see Haruka happy at the end, Takayuki doesn't deserve her...he doesn't deserve anyone...I'd acctually BE happy if Shinji and Haruka hook up, he's 100X the man Takayuki will be....and mitsuki...everyone and their dog has had a turn on that ride (or so it seems)
Old 2003-12-03, 01:39   Link #120
GUTB_

Mitsuki? Unless there is a minor trivia from the game, I believe she's as pure as the driven snow. She's belongs to Takayuki exlusively. Except if you chose a non-Mitsuki path, in which case she will go down with Shinji.
Closed Thread