AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 19:10   Link #121
Blade26

I really loved the ending. This series seriously brought tears to my eyes, especially when Takayuki and Haruka said good bye to each other. Very rarely has any anime have given that effect on me.
Blade26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 16:07   Link #122
MyGoddess
Tessa-sama

Send a message via MSN to MyGoddess
Smile

After having completed it, I must say it was a very touching story. I liked the first episodes. It got a bit too boring (for me) in the middle but then again the ending was great.
MyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 02:01   Link #123
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I liked this series. Would recommend it to anyone looking for something sad, yet full of hope at the same time.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 12:12   Link #124
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The ending was great. I nearly burst out in sobbing tears at the "farewell" scene, but I loved the fact that Takayuki chose to be with Mitsuki, after all the mess they managed to make. A real sweet story, with lots of good drama around.

All in all, loved it to tears.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 00:31   Link #125
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For me, KGNE was a short, but rather wonderful piece. While it's disheartening to see the characters "screw up" at the beginning (and undergoing much pain in trying to fix their problems), I guess "all's well that ends well" for most of the cast.
Old 2008-10-28, 18:49   Link #126
Konataist1977

Starts off really well, but all the heavy drama got depressing, and I was bored toward the end.

Kudos to the writers for refusing to take the easy, sentimental route of a happy ending. This story is admirably grownup in tone. It mainly wasn't what I was looking for, but it stands really well on its own.

Rating:
Three picture books out of five.
Konataist1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 04:07   Link #127
Tiran86

Overall, I thought it started very strongly. Sadly, the male lead and Mitsuki were characters I found dull, and with Haruka in a coma for half the series, I grew bored in the middle. The ending picked up some, but it wasn't enough to save the series. I'd give it, a 5/10. I didn't hate it, and it had some strong moments, but it was mediocre.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 15:34   Link #128
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanaden View Post
Well, I definitely agree with you that the ending could be viewed from a less gloomy angle. However, i guess all the "gloomy" interpretations is due to the focus of Haruka's failure to get Takayuki as her partner.....

For me, it was quite a "duh" ending... after all, everyone ended up getting what they wanted; Haruka publishing the book she had always wanted to publish, and Mitsuki getting Takayuki....

I guess the main emphasis of the ending is that friendship will never die... not even due to distractions like rivalry over a common love etc.... which I definitely agree!
I think tough their friendship remained but it became more colder because the painfull memories...it'll be healed over the time but i think the picture book with the ferrets clearly states that a friendship CAN broke by a serious fight. It rrepresents haruka's pain that she practicaly lose her best friend and his lover from that fight...even if their friendship not completely broken but she remained lonely.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 18:52   Link #129
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Good ending for me, no regets .
Old 2009-02-25, 23:08   Link #130
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
good story, although i felt that mitsuki cheated, it was all her fault....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 03:22   Link #131
Alchemist007
*Author

Just saw the series, I liked the ending. Though the story telling part was hella long >_<
Though reading it up on wiki, I think they should've included Mitsuki and Takayuki's kid. But they were together anyways (just to be sure on that 'few years later part' she had the ring back on her finger). I guess I'll watch the alternate ending OVAs too, I was wondering how they would ending the series the whole time and while I was happiest with Mitsuki's ending, I had to wonder how Haruka fans would live it down, but best of both worlds right?
Old 2009-11-26, 22:33   Link #132
tazilla

I apologise for posting so late. As many people hopefully know, this wasn't a well known release back in 2003. However, I've just finished watching it and I think it's a great series, a 'real treasure'.

I might be sounding a bit contradictory (I'm a Haruka fan btw, and I think she's the series' BEST character), but I reluctantly believe that it was best Takayuki chose to be with Mitsuki in the end. Why? Because although Mitsuki did lots of crying and little else, she HAS been through a lot e.g. setting up her crush with her best friend, losing her best friend, quitting swimming, being hurt over her love for Takayuki for 3 years. (I'm guessing most of you will agree when I say Takayuki could have been a lot less of a FOOL and IDIOT ) Also, I genuinely think that Mitsuki wouldn't be able to live properly without him, but Haruka on the other hand is a very strong person, as we've seen, and will be able to cope just fine judging from her seeming success as a book writer. I'm sure she would have found a Mr Right for herself in future (as she deserves MUCH more than someone like Takayuki). Haruka also has a GREAT sister in Akane to support and love her.

Did Haruka meet up with her 3 friends again under the tree in Spring, just like she wrote about in her new book? I sure hope so, even if it's the last time they see each other, because it brings some sort of closure to her life from before the accident. From the looks of her happy tears at the end of the anime, she probably did, and I hope that would have allowed her to move on. For me, Haruka is the most developed character in the anime as she has changed from a timid person to a very mature one, but that's just my opinion.

Overall, great drama series even if not the best.

Last edited by tazilla; 2009-11-26 at 23:32.
tazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 12:29   Link #133
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Definitely a good series. The first episode was so dull too, I was tempted to drop it but I always watch at least two episodes before dropping and boy was I not disappointed.

If this was so highly recommended to me by someone I would have never watched it either since the descriptions on all of the sites really makes it sound like a horrifically sad story.
Old 2010-07-14, 05:06   Link #134
YingTao

It's been such a long time...I wonder if anyone is still left discussing it?

On my part, I first watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien a bit over three years ago. And...although I did understand and feel for Haruka throughout the story, I have to admit that my heart went out to Mitsuki. Maybe because she was a character that I could relate to more. She's not perfect, and she comes with her faults, her pains...her weaknesses. But...she's a girl who really did love with a pure heart, for both Haruka, her best friend, and Takayuki.

She's been suffering in her love for both of them. So...seeing Takayuki like that, I can't blame her for saying 'Choose me. I can make you happy.' And she stayed beside him, for years, knowing that his heart never really belonged to her. When Haruka awoke, she was willing to put aside her happiness for Takayuki's. Mitsuki's selfish, yes, but...she was honest.

So I'm glad that he chose her in the end. And I'm glad...that they could be happy together. I used to really hate Takayuki for his indecision that drove two girls up against a wall of pain and insecurity, but...I think that feeling's faded and now I can empathize with him better as well. He's too kind for his own good, to the point where kindness becomes cruelty.

Haruka's a stronger girl that she seems as well, and I think that probably makes her one of the most admirable characters in the series. In the end, I believe she gave Takayuki the kindest words she could, words of goodbye. But those farewells aren't forever. Someday, I'm sure, they'll be able to look each other in the eye again. It's a goodbye to that slice in their life.

Forgive me for saying this...but they're all young. I believe that all of them could get over what has happened, and that friendship can link the four friends back together again. Haruka will find someone who is right for her. I truly believe that the four of them can be together again, that Haruka and Takayuki can become friends, that Haruka and Mitsuki can repair their relationship...Akane and Mitsuki as well.

And I think that was the meaning behind Haruka's story as well.
YingTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 08:44   Link #135
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I still get pissed off at Mitsuki for sleeping with the friend. And the friend punched Takayuki after that too. I was all for Mitsuki until then, after that I was all Haruka.
Old 2010-07-17, 16:12   Link #136
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, c'mon... the girl was clearly going through a very disturbing period. One mistake, made while actually trying to make a break with her current situation cannot dismiss everything else she was/did.

Old 2010-07-17, 17:14   Link #137
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, c'mon... the girl was clearly going through a very disturbing period. One mistake, made while actually trying to make a break with her current situation cannot dismiss everything else she was/did.
Except that she did it on purpose. It was done with pre-meditation.

The friend also pissed me off. He just laid there and then apologized like he was tied up or something? He deserved a punch.
Old 2010-07-18, 01:00   Link #138
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Except that she did it on purpose. It was done with pre-meditation.
Did you miss the part where I wrote she did it "while actually trying to make a break with her current situation"? So what, if it was pre-meditated? Does it imply some sort of control over her mindset or something?

Honestly, if you think that it does, we simply disagree - as I cannot see that character being in control of mostly anything, by that point - so we might just leave it at that and move right along.

Old 2010-07-18, 08:56   Link #139
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah, but didn't she go out that night with the intent to sleep with another guy? Or am I remembering and interpreting it wrong?
Old 2010-07-22, 15:43   Link #140
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just finished watching this anime.

It's like True Tears all over again for me.

In other words, the romantic conflict and drama is keenly displayed and felt throughout the anime and makes it a gripping watch... but I hated how the romantic conflict and drama was resolved.

As with True Tears, my preferred shipping didn't happen.

As with True Tears, the sweet innocent girl who did absolutely nothing wrong is the one who loses and is made to suffer due to the actions of others.

Now, I don't put much blame on Narumi. His situation was horrific, and he was being pulled roughly from both sides following the awakening of Haruka. No matter what he did, he had to severely tick off at least one person (Akane or Shinji), and break the heart of another (Haruka or Mitsuki).

However, most of the 2nd half episodes of this anime made it seem like he loved Haruka more than he did Mitsuki, imo. So, his sudden reversal, coming after Mitsuki and Shinji had sex, doesn't make much sense to me.

The overall story premise of this anime is very compelling, but I felt that the execution of it was a bit off. If they had planned a Mitsuki ending from the beginning, I think that they could have made a much better supporting case for it. As is, the anime mostly felt like it was going for a Haruka ending to me, but decided to pull off a plot twist at the end.