AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 22:12   Link #3921
Gravitas Free Zone

Anchovy.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:18   Link #3922
12ice

Here--I tried correcting the emblems using photoshop, just in-case you didn't have it.

Images
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 22:23   Link #3923
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
If you are handy with photoshop, you can attempt cleaning these.
Images
Wow, perfect! Thanks!
Old 2013-01-20, 22:28   Link #3924
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Images

Apologies for the ridiculous image sizes, but it's kinda a pain to find a decent place to upload them... also not sure if this BBS has image down sizing abilities?

Hmm... how do people get those *nice* spoiler for images tags going anyhow?
These amuse me. It be fun to see how one does that in one of the usual armor game rules.
Old 2013-01-20, 23:14   Link #3925
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
These amuse me. It be fun to see how one does that in one of the usual armor game rules.
Well if you're in NorCal you can find out!

I find most rule systems don't really do well at the individual tank scale because real tank combat depends so much on "fog of war". But we've been playing with a mash up of Mobile Frame Zero movement and X-Wing order system rules on top of Conflict of Heroes unit values and it seems to work pretty well.
Old 2013-01-21, 00:49   Link #3926
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well I know I will be running a Star Blazers game at Dundracon if that means anything to you.
Old 2013-01-21, 00:51   Link #3927
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ice View Post
If you are handy with photoshop, you can attempt cleaning these.
Images
Incidentally, actually using those textures in WoT... the alpha is a bit too strong for Pravda's, creating a big solid block on the tank. Most of the others are all right.

Now, Tak did a really good job on the MuP clan logo with regards to that.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-01-21 at 01:17.
Old 2013-01-21, 01:01   Link #3928
vic-vic

Aww, I really started to like Maho very much after reading chapter 7 of Little Army. She encourage Miho to find her own Tankery school and later, during her talk with lady Kikuyo she state that as long as she innerhit a Nishizumi tankery school Miho would be free.

Aww, Maho`s affection toward Miho is so cute. Though, I don`t understand why she so cold to her little sister in the anime, maybe this is part of her plan.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 01:11   Link #3929
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maho in the anime is kind of a mystery woman. She doesn't let on what she's after in particular. She's acted cold the entire time, but hasn't talked down to her sister at all. She seemed surprised Miho was doing anything with tanks, but after that she was always there, watching. The one being a bitch about it was Erika (and probably her Maho's mother as well, though for proably slightly different reasons).

It is clear Erika wasn't in the tank Miho rescued, and probably wasn't in Miho's tank that year even though she'd the new Vice Commander after Miho left. The fact that Miho and Maho's Tiger's ahve different numbers suggests to me they either have two Tiger Is in service for these games, or they renumbered the tank based on who was in command. (217 for Miho and 212 for Maho...though it is possible that it is an art err and they are the same tank "212").

The queston is...who was in the Panzer that was trying to cover Miho's Tiger last year? Was that Erika or Maho? Or were they in their current Tigers last year as well (Tiger I "212" and a Tiger II).
Old 2013-01-21, 02:01   Link #3930
Marina2

Quote:
The queston is..who was in the Panzer that was trying to cover Miho's Tiger last year? Was that Erika or Maho? Or were they in their current Tigers last year as well (Tiger I "212" and a Tiger II).
I think anyone can be in that tank, it's a basic job to try to cover a flag tank anyway.

By the way, Erika maybe in the tank Miho rescued but she didn't feel thankful for it.

My theory is:

Erika back story

Erika has been admiring Maho as her idol for a long time and tried her best to get on Maho's side as a vice-commander but there was one problem: Miho

Miho's skill as Nishizumi family member is too high for Erika to overcome no matter how hard she tried. Her dream to be a vice-commander was completely sealed off. Erika has been in jelious of Miho since then.

One day in the match with Pravda, her tank (She was the commander of that tank) that was covering Flag tank got hit and fell into the water and Miho had to help her which cost the victory of Black Forest.

Erika locked herself in her room, crying. While everyone seems to blame Miho for the lose, Erika realized that if her tank didn't fall in the water in the first place and made Miho (the one whom she hate the most) to come to help her, Black Forest won't lose.....While the tear was flowing from her eyes, an evil thought suddenly appeared in her head.

(Wait, It was Miho fault that abandon the tank not mine!! )

(Miho’s fame as Nishizumi is now ruined with the defeated of Black Forest; I can use this chance to prove that I’m better than her!)

Next few weeks, Miho quitted from Black Forest and went to Oarai, Erika’s future to become the Vice commander is now guaranteed.

"Maho-san, finally, I can be at your side ^^"

HAPPY ENDING

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-01-21 at 02:15.
Marina2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 08:08   Link #3931
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Maho in the anime is kind of a mystery woman. She doesn't let on what she's after in particular. She's acted cold the entire time, but hasn't talked down to her sister at all. She seemed surprised Miho was doing anything with tanks, but after that she was always there, watching. The one being a bitch about it was Erika (and probably her Maho's mother as well, though for proably slightly different reasons).

It is clear Erika wasn't in the tank Miho rescued, and probably wasn't in Miho's tank that year even though she'd the new Vice Commander after Miho left. The fact that Miho and Maho's Tiger's ahve different numbers suggests to me they either have two Tiger Is in service for these games, or they renumbered the tank based on who was in command. (217 for Miho and 212 for Maho...though it is possible that it is an art err and they are the same tank "212").

The queston is...who was in the Panzer that was trying to cover Miho's Tiger last year? Was that Erika or Maho? Or were they in their current Tigers last year as well (Tiger I "212" and a Tiger II).
Maho definately seems to be internalizing something. She is a very strict, obedient daughter but actually disagrees with her mother about leaving when they are watching the Pravda match (which surprises her mother), and after the Saunders match offers the use of the helicopter to fly Mako to the hospital, which surprises both Erika and Miho. Still, she will not speak with Miho.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 12:23   Link #3932
12ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I think anyone can be in that tank, it's a basic job to try to cover a flag tank anyway.

By the way, Erika maybe in the tank Miho rescued but she didn't feel thankful for it.

My theory is:

Erika back story

Erika has been admiring Maho as her idol for a long time and tried her best to get on Maho's side as a vice-commander but there was one problem: Miho

Miho's skill as Nishizumi family member is too high for Erika to overcome no matter how hard she tried. Her dream to be a vice-commander was completely sealed off. Erika has been in jelious of Miho since then.

One day in the match with Pravda, her tank (She was the commander of that tank) that was covering Flag tank got hit and fell into the water and Miho had to help her which cost the victory of Black Forest.

Erika locked herself in her room, crying. While everyone seems to blame Miho for the lose, Erika realized that if her tank didn't fall in the water in the first place and made Miho (the one whom she hate the most) to come to help her, Black Forest won't lose.....While the tear was flowing from her eyes, an evil thought suddenly appeared in her head.

(Wait, It was Miho fault that abandon the tank not mine!! )

(Miho’s fame as Nishizumi is now ruined with the defeated of Black Forest; I can use this chance to prove that I’m better than her!)

Next few weeks, Miho quitted from Black Forest and went to Oarai, Erika’s future to become the Vice commander is now guaranteed.

"Maho-san, finally, I can be at your side ^^"

HAPPY ENDING

My theory is that Erika's attitude towards Miho stems from disappointment. Erika seems like a person who really embraced the Nishizumi-style of tankery. She probably worships Shiho as the style head and looks up to Maho as its first disciple.

Given such expectations, Miho would fall short by a wide margin. First, she's not stoic enough--she is too touchy-feely as a person. Worse, this rubs off on her tactics, where inconsequential things such as "safety" takes priority over victory. All these things are something one can see in daily interaction. Most likely, Erika didn't like Miho long before the flag tank incident because she saw Miho as a disappointment--the incident was merely the final straw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Maho definately seems to be internalizing something. She is a very strict, obedient daughter but actually disagrees with her mother about leaving when they are watching the Pravda match (which surprises her mother), and after the Saunders match offers the use of the helicopter to fly Mako to the hospital, which surprises both Erika and Miho. Still, she will not speak with Miho.
Maho was my favourite long before Little Army Ch. 7--probably because I knew intuitively that she was like that long before the actual chapter came out. Being the "eldest" in a strict family is something I can empathize with: we seem to handle family problems the same way as well.
Old 2013-01-21, 13:59   Link #3933
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
How the heck is Anzio relatable to the Chinese PLA??
And Oorai is affiliated with the Frenchies...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 14:25   Link #3934
Gravitas Free Zone

Looking things over, Italy could have as competitive a WoT tech tree as the Chinese (as they are so far).

Which, in the inevitable re-crossover of WoT and GuP, makes you wonder what a Chinese-themed school would be running. Actually...

Their tank selection would probably look like Ooarai, would it?

Incidentally, the whole imouto-shipping thing with Miho and Maho weirds me the hell out.
Old 2013-01-21, 14:37   Link #3935
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Incidentally, the whole imouto-shipping thing with Miho and Maho weirds me the hell out.
Marina2's theory is almost as same as mine. I did post a similar hypothesis many moons ago. Alas, I guess we'd have to wait for an OVA or something to fully confirm the truth of the matter.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 14:39   Link #3936
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Incidentally, the whole imouto-shipping thing with Miho and Maho weirds me the hell out makes me incredibly happy!.
There, I fixed it for you .. sisterly love is what will make the world a better place!
Old 2013-01-21, 14:42   Link #3937
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 15:07   Link #3938
12ice

Quote:
Take it with good humour.
Old 2013-01-21, 16:05   Link #3939
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
.. sisterly love is what will make the world a better place!
Preach on brother wil!

Endless "Wanting a better world" Soul
Old 2013-01-21, 16:17   Link #3940
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not found Chapter 7 of Little Army yet. Nor Chapter 8 of the regular manga (continuation of the Anzio fight).

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks