AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-06, 20:48   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So no further attemps by Bamco to fix their screw-up by making a remake of Zestiria, eh? Honestly, that's probably for the best, even though I'd welcome a retooled Zestiria with Alisha properly incorporated in the game.

So not only did this new Velvet character remind me of Milla when I saw her.......she has the same voice actress too?! Feels like Bamco may be leeching off of Milla's popularity a bit.......

Well, even if they're scummy enough, I doubt Bamco dumb enough to redo the Alisha debacle with Velvet here, so I look forward to this heroine and the pirate theme.

But..........that name. *shudder*
Old 2015-06-06, 20:55   Link #22
Kirayuki

Milla was by Sawashiro Miyuki
Velvet is by Satou Rina (Railgun Misaka among the famous one)
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:14   Link #23
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oh.

I blame Frontier. He talked about VAs and mentioned Xillia, and I thought Milla.
Old 2015-06-06, 21:15   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oh.

I blame Frontier. He mentioned Xillia and I thought Milla.
In my defense, I mentioned Rina Sato was the Main Heroine (Velvet) and was also in Xillia as Presa .
Old 2015-06-06, 21:45   Link #25
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

The name is weird, but I can live with it.

Tales of Zesty is not even out in NA and they announced a new Tales of games already! I'm a fan of this series so I'm happy about it
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:12   Link #26
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Belts, some armor, ripped tights, a cape, and a long bra I think...but mostly just belts .

Edit: Scratch that, not a cape or a long bra, but more a longcoat attached to her breasts and waist .
...I'm not sure if that's worse than I my description or not.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:28   Link #27
GDB

She's a pirate. She wants to feel the salt on the wind while at sea, the brisk breeze in the sunlight, and all that other nautical nonsense.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:31   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So no further attemps by Bamco to fix their screw-up by making a remake of Zestiria, eh? Honestly, that's probably for the best, even though I'd welcome a retooled Zestiria with Alisha properly incorporated in the game.

So not only did this new Velvet character remind me of Milla when I saw her.......she has the same voice actress too?! Feels like Bamco may be leeching off of Milla's popularity a bit.......

Well, even if they're scummy enough, I doubt Bamco dumb enough to redo the Alisha debacle with Velvet here, so I look forward to this heroine and the pirate theme.

But..........that name. *shudder*
It probably is for the best to just move on and focus their efforts on this game. It'd be tough to really clean up the mess they made and it'd stick with them regardless. Better to learn from that (hopefully) and create a game everyone can come together and enjoy.
Old 2015-06-06, 22:40   Link #29
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Inb4 Velvet is actually a princess. Like Faris from FFV, who was also a pirate at the start of the game

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:57   Link #30
GDB

Doubt it. But it's probably quite likely that she'll meet a Prince, and he'll become a party member. Xillia (but not Xillia 2) is the only main system one in recent memory that hasn't had a member of royalty in the party at some point (unless you consider Milla to be royalty).
Old 2015-06-06, 23:11   Link #31
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She's a pirate. She wants to feel the salt on the wind while at sea, the brisk breeze in the sunlight, and all that other nautical nonsense.
...but she'll catch diseases that way.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 23:13   Link #32
GDB

Not if she has a healer nearby! And if she's a savvy swashbuckler, she will.
Old 2015-06-06, 23:29   Link #33
Frontier

She can always use it as a means to throw any man she's with off-balance .
Old 2015-06-06, 23:36   Link #34
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
She is probably prepared for that. It would be my first time hearing of a pirate that got defeated by a cold though.
Old 2015-06-07, 00:49   Link #35
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Finally, the first Tales game since Symphonia I can actually give a damn about.
Old 2015-06-07, 01:04   Link #36
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
You are talking about a fiction genre where girls can be clad in bikini as armor and still have the highest defense in the party. =P
Old 2015-06-07, 01:23   Link #37
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not if she has a healer nearby! And if she's a savvy swashbuckler, she will.
I detect a Log Horizon reference.
Old 2015-06-07, 13:26   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Haa-----------------haa!
I'm so terribly amused. Anyways, look forward to the sales after the whole Zesteria fiasco they never actually solved. And they made it a PS3/PS4 port too, not just PS4.

I hear Baba is still around. Why? Seriously? Is BandaiNamco that dense or does he have some hold on the company?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 13:44   Link #39
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Haa-----------------haa!
I'm so terribly amused. Anyways, look forward to the sales after the whole Zesteria fiasco they never actually solved. And they made it a PS3/PS4 port too, not just PS4.

I hear Baba is still around. Why? Seriously? Is BandaiNamco that dense or does he have some hold on the company?
Are you serious? Zestiria is a tainted label at this point. No amount of DLC or rereleases will make fans happy, even if Alisha was a permanent party member.

Releasing an entirely new game is the best thing they could do at this point. They've already made the first step by making the waifu people care about the protagonist. They could also improve Zestiria's horrible frame rate and camera by starting on a new game with a different engine than if they tried to keep on tweaking a game people refuse to like.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 13:49   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are you serious? Zestiria is a tainted label at this point. No amount of DLC or rereleases will make fans happy, even if Alisha was a permanent party member.

Releasing an entirely new game is the best thing they could do at this point. They've already made the first step by making the waifu people care about the protagonist. They could also improve Zestiria's horrible frame rate and camera by starting on a new game with a different engine than if they tried to keep on tweaking a game people refuse to like.
I think BandaiNamco or Baba can at least release an apology. You know, show they give a millimeter of care for the consumers? What do they do? Baba runs away and they leave the cleaning to the voice actors.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc/steam, ps3, rpg