AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-16, 23:55   Link #81
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

It's not really NTR, he cheated on her with nearly every girl he met. The way I see it he had it coming.
Old 2011-06-17, 01:46   Link #82
Aesthetic Shampoo

...My God. This is by far the best ecchi/seinen on the planet. This people will read not for the sex every chapter, but for THE PLOT. This is how it should be. I applaud you, Honmyou Wakou, for writing something this amazing. This is how things of this genre should be. Of course, theres the sex that draws most people in, but when shit gets going, it is solid. I will be sad this will not be updated for awhile.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 03:04   Link #83
ZODDGUTS

If you think this is good you should check out Kono S o, Mi yo! and Sakuranbo Syndrome.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 03:17   Link #84
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
It's not really NTR, he cheated on her with nearly every girl he met. The way I see it he had it coming.
Technically its still NTR. It just doesnt feel so bad as NTR do because he himself cheated or nearly cheated with majority girls he met anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
...My God. This is by far the best ecchi/seinen on the planet. This people will read not for the sex every chapter, but for THE PLOT. This is how it should be. I applaud you, Honmyou Wakou, for writing something this amazing. This is how things of this genre should be. Of course, theres the sex that draws most people in, but when shit gets going, it is solid. I will be sad this will not be updated for awhile.
In that regard I still think Velvet Kiss is better. And has much better art to add but Nozoki Ana has its share too.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 08:58   Link #85
Shadow5YA

It was... mutual NTR. Wait what?

Unfortunately, the NTR is the only thing Kido and Yuri had in common. Had Kido come clean and revealed his secrets like Yuri did, and if both of them had the strength to forgive one another, they probably could have been together for real.

I'm glad that while it was obvious the two weren't fated to be together, the emotions were still there.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 10:27   Link #86
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Yes the NTR stuff was kinda painful, especially since Yuri has been shown to be quite cute 1-2 chapters before the revelation and it also didn't help to see afterwards how desperate she has been all the time. Still, she got it coming - At the page where we see her shocked face when seeing the broken toy I was evilly laughing maniacally like a mad scientist raising my hands only to scream "It is broken!" ... that felt incredibly good
Yes, it's good she had some pain in all this. She didn't deserve to get off scott-free.

Quote:
As for the future, I'm quite sure this is the last NTR shit we've seen in this series. Especially since I hope we're finally ready for the main dish, which ofc is Emiru.
Definitely no more NTR. But Emiru time will be a delicious dish.

Quote:
As for the volumes: Mangaupdates lists 7 completed, maybe with x chapters of the 8th already released in the mag.
Yeah. I also spoke to Proz and he said 8, so yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
The whole sordid affair was like watching a car accident in slow motion. You know it's coming, little-by-little, yet you can't look away while everything comes to a head. Even so, he would've been totally in his right to rip into her more than he did. :/
It was, it really was. You're like "Noooo! Don't look!!" and then he does. And it had to take a while for him to finally see her too. The agony!!

[quote[Still not sure if it's Emiru's time to shine though. There hasn't been any kind of buildup to him admitting his obvious feelings for her, so... well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]I would hope we get some time for Kido to recover. I don't think Emiru would let herself be the rebound girl. What? Crying on a naked chest is something you do with a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm glad Yuri at least had a trace of conscience after all of that, even if it was too late. If she doesn't stay with her old boyfriend, then that's still far better than the typical NTR found in h-anime and manga. She had it coming, but at least I got a little more than just rage out of it.
I hope she leaves that guy. But she's such a nymph and insecure girl, I doubt she'd dump him.

Quote:
I also don't think it's Emiru's time to shine just yet. The drama is still fresh, so at best Kido is just using Emiru as a safety net. Other than her personality, we still don't know that much about Emiru herself. I'll consider their relationship in the home stretch if he's still with her when everything has cooled down.
I hope the relationship starts after he cools down for a while. It wouldn't be a good way to start one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
No, it isn't NTR since she was already with the guy, which is why I said NTR-eque. But when did he cheat with every girl!? It was only the childhood friend and he danced along a close line with Emiru. But, he did not deserve this. I would never wish this upon anyone. And this wouldn't affect the people who deserve anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Haha, yeah, it is damn good. I forget how I came across it, now that I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Technically its still NTR. It just doesnt feel so bad as NTR do because he himself cheated or nearly cheated with majority girls he met anyway.
Regardless of what he did, it still felt bad. He really cared for Yuri after all.

Quote:
It was... mutual NTR. Wait what?

Unfortunately, the NTR is the only thing Kido and Yuri had in common. Had Kido come clean and revealed his secrets like Yuri did, and if both of them had the strength to forgive one another, they probably could have been together for real.
Yeah... I don't think they would have had a very stable relationship should they both come clean. It's also better than he didn't tell Yuri all that stuff, otherwise she wouldn't feel so bad. She deserves some pain.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:24   Link #87
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Hey Drago, why couldn't you make this into several posts instead of one? - I really want that "last page" - button on the thread overview page... it's easier to hit than the small number

on another note: If you find the time could you pls PM me in short what the deal was with the scanlator retiring from all those series since you've already spoke with him?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 11:31   Link #88
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Hey Drago, why couldn't you make this into several posts instead of one? - I really want that "last page" - button on the thread overview page... it's easier to hit than the small number
Then you're browsing the forum wrong. Click the arrow to the left of the thread title. It'll take you to the last unread post.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:55   Link #89
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
No, it isn't NTR since she was already with the guy, which is why I said NTR-eque. But when did he cheat with every girl!? It was only the childhood friend and he danced along a close line with Emiru. But, he did not deserve this. I would never wish this upon anyone. And this wouldn't affect the people who deserve anyway.
You are wrong one here though. NTR can be even if the girl is already dating the guy but only it is revealed later. So yeah it fits NTR category tag, though there technically is no stealing. Irony, isnt it? But it certainly fits NTR.

You can see a few NTR games tagged as NTR and all though they circle about the revelation that the girl had the sexual connection way before she was with the MC.

In some cases there are NTR when the main guy only loves the heroine from afar while she just goes out with her boyfriend.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:02   Link #90
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Regardless of what he did, it still felt bad. He really cared for Yuri after all.

Yeah... I don't think they would have had a very stable relationship should they both come clean. It's also better than he didn't tell Yuri all that stuff, otherwise she wouldn't feel so bad. She deserves some pain.
The point is that Kido is as guilty as Yuri, and he knows it. He already said that he was just as guilty as her, if not more for keeping everything he did a secret and blaming it all on Yuri.

Remember that Yuri also cared for Kido, even if it was a bit too late to matter.
Old 2011-06-17, 14:10   Link #91
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
The point is that Kido is as guilty as Yuri, and he knows it. He already said that he was just as guilty as her, if not more for keeping everything he did a secret and blaming it all on Yuri.

Remember that Yuri also cared for Kido, even if it was a bit too late to matter.
I have to argue that point. Obviously Kido is guilty of a lot of stuff here, but I don't believe he's quite as guilty as Yuri.

Kido came close a lot of times, but when all is said and done, he still didn't have sex with anyone but Yuri. She did, a lot. In addition to that, she led him to believe that she might be pregnant with his child; which, all things considered, even if she were pregnant, the likelihood it was his would've been pretty low. Now I'm not making any excuses for Kido, but I don't believe he did anything that could be considered quite that bad.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 14:11   Link #92
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

But she had ill intent since the beginning. She was pre-meditated while Kido was passion. They are different. He is at fault with some things, but I think she worse than him.

I have to read it all again. I went through it too quick. One reason why I prefer to read or watch a little at a time.
Old 2011-06-17, 15:35   Link #93
Darknemo2000

Quote:

Thats not true. Yuri was already cheating him and using him since the very beginning and if my memory is right Kido never had sex (though came awfully close) with anyone other than Yuri.
Old 2011-06-17, 17:11   Link #94
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Thats not true. Yuri was already cheating him and using him since the very beginning and if my memory is right Kido never had sex (though came awfully close) with anyone other than Yuri.
Instead, he has had foreplay with multiple girls to make up for Yuri's one. Sorry, but if someone else walked in on Kido getting a blow job fingering another girl naked, he would be in deep trouble.

You may think Kido is better than Yuri, but Kido himself believes that he's just as guilty as her. It's obvious that we would sympathize more with him because we see it through his perspective, but the idea is that they both had terrible secrets for a couple that was supposed to be so intimate, and that Kido never came clean with Yuri even in the end.
Old 2011-06-17, 18:44   Link #95
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Instead, he has had foreplay with multiple girls to make up for Yuri's one. Sorry, but if someone else walked in on Kido getting a blow job fingering another girl naked, he would be in deep trouble.

You may think Kido is better than Yuri, but Kido himself believes that he's just as guilty as her. It's obvious that we would sympathize more with him because we see it through his perspective, but the idea is that they both had terrible secrets for a couple that was supposed to be so intimate, and that Kido never came clean with Yuri even in the end.
And you still utterly fail (as well as Kido himself) to convince me that Kido is equally guilty. Oh he is guilty that much is clear but really Yuki is still more guilty than he at the end of the line.
Old 2011-06-17, 19:07   Link #96
Johnny
Working the bags...

Are you related to Bill Clinton or something? And more guilty, does that even make sense? They were BOTH unfaithful end of story...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 19:51   Link #97
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Then you're browsing the forum wrong. Click the arrow to the left of the thread title. It'll take you to the last unread post.
Ouch I was blind all these years ... however it disappears once clicked until a new post appears.

Anyway ... another discussion about NTR? Really? One of these blurry terms that is constantly evolving and changing through the internet? It lacks a clear definition, tagging an incident as NTR is just a matter of interpretation.

And why again is it important who of the two was more unfaithful? I think the point the author tried to make is that they never had a healthy relationship because both were unfaithful which lead both to some kind of sexual excapism. Just look at how often Kido made himself forget about his "issues" with Emiru by having sex. There was this side of him that wanted an emotional realtionship with Yuri as well but that doesn't mean he didn't use the sex to ignore his problems either, may just happened more unconcious and subtle.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:01   Link #98
Shadow5YA

Quote:
And you still utterly fail (as well as Kido himself) to convince me that Kido is equally guilty. Oh he is guilty that much is clear but really Yuki is still more guilty than he at the end of the line.
You're grasping at straws now if you think it matters who is more guilty. I don't think either one cares about bragging rights on who is bad, but not as bad. They're both wrong at the end of the line.
Old 2011-06-18, 01:57   Link #99
Darknemo2000

Quote:
You're grasping at straws now if you think it matters who is more guilty. I don't think either one cares about bragging rights on who is bad, but not as bad. They're both wrong at the end of the line.
Well its like saying hey you lied to me, and hey you killed a person equally bad. I think both a bad but Yuri is still quite a bit worse with what she did.

Quote:
Anyway ... another discussion about NTR? Really? One of these blurry terms that is constantly evolving and changing through the internet? It lacks a clear definition, tagging an incident as NTR is just a matter of interpretation.
I think it is pretty ok defined. Sometimes bit complicated but if you play eroge games or visit the selling suites you should grasp the NTR.

NTR is basically loosing ones love interest interest.

However, in this case actual possesion of the said love interest is not needed. She could be already dating etc but the whole thing is portrayed from MC perspective and he still feels the loss and the frustration watching her and other away.

There are also many love interest (even not necessarily romantic one) like brother feeling loss of sister or son , loosing mother.

Still to sum up - its loosing loves interest, one-sided or not. The story should either be played from main guys perspective or the unfaithful girl (to show her guilt etc) or from third person perspective.

If its showed from the bad guy who does the stealing perspective then its not netorare anymore but a netori.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:27   Link #100
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Well its like saying hey you lied to me, and hey you killed a person equally bad. I think both a bad but Yuri is still quite a bit worse with what she did.
That's a false analogy. A lie can be overlooked depending on the context. All the girls Kido has had in his room cannot. This is more like killing a person out of hatred and killing a person believing that person was bad. You can rationalize the former to be worse, but that difference is superficial at best.

Tags
ecchi, romance, seinen