AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 23:00   Link #1561
Azuma Denton
~AD~

From what the plot has shown, i believe that in the end, the successor system will be abolished and all of the 77th Generation will go into Senbatsu team using their own name...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:17   Link #1562
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
From what the plot has shown, i believe that in the end, the successor system will be abolished and all of the 77th Generation will go into Senbatsu team using their own name...
But if that's the case, why is the Kirara showing Kanata as the closest inheritor to the soul of Takamina?

That said, Kanata does seem to be shaping up as kenkyuusei captain. More power to her.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:20   Link #1563
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, this episode wouldn't be helping Yuuka's dead last popularity standings. I imagine idols in Japan don't do all that well when they're already interested in someone else.

Oddly enough, that's not the ship I'm getting into (and I usually latch on ANYTHING if there's so few options to ship). No, I'm actually warming up to DanceInstructorXManager. Really out there, but I just find their talks endearing for some reason, even when it's kinda obvious DanceInstructor is most probably not straight. (So it's reverse fujoshi in a way? lol)

Overall though, for this episode, I wasn't very much into it. Might be because I'm not at all interested in Takamina OR Kanata apart from the succession drama, and on the whole I'd rather have them focus on Chieri.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:28   Link #1564
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Overall though, for this episode, I wasn't very much into it. Might be because I'm not at all interested in Takamina OR Kanata apart from the succession drama, and on the whole I'd rather have them focus on Chieri.
I agree. Overall it was a good episode but Chieri still pushes my buttons in a way no one else in the show does, so the lack of attention this time around was a bit of a detracting factor for me too.
Old 2012-06-18, 23:46   Link #1565
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Oddly enough, that's not the ship I'm getting into (and I usually latch on ANYTHING if there's so few options to ship). No, I'm actually warming up to DanceInstructorXManager. Really out there, but I just find their talks endearing for some reason, even when it's kinda obvious DanceInstructor is most probably not straight. (So it's reverse fujoshi in a way? lol)
Something that I wondered about: Could DanceInstructor have been a former Sayaka? Wouldn't be the first time there's been a trap idol (Idolm@ster DS, AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jourei)...

So it's not really that DanceInstructor is not straight, but rather he's more or less become the mask after a kenkyuusei stint and promotion to being Sayaka. Afterall, Tsubasa was a former Mariko....

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 00:27   Link #1566
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Something that I wondered about: Could DanceInstructor have been a former Sayaka? Wouldn't be the first time there's been a trap idol (Idolm@ster DS, AKB49 Renai Kinshi Jourei)...

So it's not really that DanceInstructor is not straight, but rather he's more or less become the mask after a kenkyuusei stint and promotion to being Sayaka. Afterall, Tsubasa was a former Mariko....
I read this and thought, "Hah! No way"

Until I thought about it... and the close friendship those two share... and now I'm not so sure.
Old 2012-06-19, 00:30   Link #1567
sa547
*Author

Dance Instructor (or DI) is named Ushiyama; he's a striking contrast to MF's loud and hot-blooded Bobby Margot.

About another thing I liked this episode (and the previous) is the added focus on Kanata, who hasn't got any decent exposure and added depth in the first few episodes. I doubt there would be some sort of direct conflict (or an open argument) between her and Takamina (she now reminds me of Ozma Lee in the hospital bed, but with Sheryl's angst), but rather internal dilemmas about being themselves, about trying to make their hopes and dreams come true, along with personal and and command responsibility.

This episode also shows that there's another side to an idol, that they're vulnerable and human as anyone else just as they seem to be unreachable and godly as the apsara (celestial maidens/dancers).
Old 2012-06-19, 01:18   Link #1568
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well don't mind Yuuka writing the letter since things didn't exactly end on a positive note. Of course if they actually do have the rules in this group set up she should already know that and just let him go. But should be a very possible route for her personal struggle to appear. Whether it's dealing with how his negativity escalates (maybe joining DES) or becoming an issue that might nearly get her kicked out. I mean let's face it, the two that saw are hardly the silent duo of the group.

Takamina really had her struggles in this one. It nearly got her killed/captured and her usual leadership being gone caused trouble for the others as well. A strong statement from Yuuko for sure. Should help bounce her up and it's true, if they step aside for another person's dream what will happen to theirs? Nothing wrong with hanging onto their dream and fighting to keep it. Would only hurt Kanata if Takamina stepped down to give her the spot. Right now the best she can do is be the person that Kanata looks up to. Whatever happens after that, happens.

Really I'd be a bit surprised if we see a lot of official succession. We've gone through all this time knowing these characters as who they are so a mass name change might throw people off . Do wonder if they'll make an additional unit so we have the characters stepping forward, but not just waiting for something terrible to happen to the regulars.

Did wonder if something bad would really go down. First thought Takamina would die and then get captured. Following that thought something might happen to Kanata. Going out with only some experience and facing a manned unit could have gone bad. But in the end everyone made it out alive.

No real complaints for me in this one. Thought Kanata getting this focus was nice since it really gives her character more depth that it needed. Besides like her character so it was something nice to see.
Old 2012-06-19, 03:51   Link #1569
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Really I'd be a bit surprised if we see a lot of official succession. We've gone through all this time knowing these characters as who they are so a mass name change might throw people off . Do wonder if they'll make an additional unit so we have the characters stepping forward, but not just waiting for something terrible to happen to the regulars.
Don't think so either, but at same time there are still a lot of names that's up for grab (sort of). I mean right now the named member seems to have 1 full team at most or no more than 16 members, if they stick to 48 names, that is still a lot of names left.

EP5 mentioned Tomomi (Kasai), EP6 mentioned Love-tan and Sachi (forget about her current situation). Mii-chan and Yui were both mentioned among the previous centers and of course there are A-chan's name as well and none of them seem to have current counterparts and we are not getting into other prominent names that has yet to make debut like Kitahara Rie, Takajo Aki, etc.

So while I don't see direct succession with current members other than Takamina, I can see other succession
happening.
Old 2012-06-19, 05:26   Link #1570
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@wild_goose
That is my belief, cause another potential conflict we can see is Chieri and Nagisa fighting for Yuko's name...

In the end, i believe the win-win solution for this show is to convey the message that AKB is not only just TakaMina, Yuko, Yukirin, Mayuyu, or other original senbatsu member, but other girls can also get her name into senbatsu member...

Well A-chan is graduating in 2 months time, so dunno if her name can still be assosiated with AKB brand after August...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 06:24   Link #1571
Kazu-kun

Preview:

The artwork is getting shitty...
Old 2012-06-19, 06:37   Link #1572
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Well, this episode wouldn't be helping Yuuka's dead last popularity standings. I imagine idols in Japan don't do all that well when they're already interested in someone else.
( ゚Д゚)

Popularity polls should just be demolished all together.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 06:46   Link #1573
sa547
*Author

^
One of the things I see about the election system... the problem is that some extreme fans buy albums by the bulk just to vote heavily on their favorite oshimen, so I'd like to see the election system fixed up so that there should be one voting ballot for every fan... But when that kind of reform would happen, I'll never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The artwork is getting shitty...
Not surprised, for they could be shipping some portions of that episode to a subcontractor, as what most studios do these days for budgetary reasons.
Old 2012-06-19, 08:21   Link #1574
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Something against that theory is how the dance instructor have no diamond in his hair, which so far seems something all graduated members have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Don't think so either, but at same time there are still a lot of names that's up for grab (sort of). I mean right now the named member seems to have 1 full team at most or no more than 16 members, if they stick to 48 names, that is still a lot of names left.

EP5 mentioned Tomomi (Kasai), EP6 mentioned Love-tan and Sachi (forget about her current situation). Mii-chan and Yui were both mentioned among the previous centers and of course there are A-chan's name as well and none of them seem to have current counterparts and we are not getting into other prominent names that has yet to make debut like Kitahara Rie, Takajo Aki, etc.

So while I don't see direct succession with current members other than Takamina, I can see other succession happening.
We also have the Shinoda Mariko (Mariko-sama) name mentioned a few times which don't seems to have current successor after Tsubasa graduated. And on episode 2 they mentioned Paruru the 3rd (Shimazaki Haruka?) a Team 4 member too.
Old 2012-06-19, 08:55   Link #1575
mechdra

I like this episode a lot.

Things are heating up among the members of and I wonder what will Tsubasa do. So far I did not see her play a significant role in managing the issues within the group and I hope she will show us why she is the manager and producer soon.

Another important thing that is happenning right now is the surfacing of the true personality of the current members. Takamina is actually shown the most in this episode but Yuko and Sae also showing their real self. Yuko seems to be the selfish type and I can see why Takamina is shocked to hear that from her.

Since it is Kawamori, seculation is pointless. Who knows, maybe Akimoto is still alive in that world and act like some deity to troll everyone. Maybe Acchan the 13th is alive and become a housewife of some random dude.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 09:23   Link #1576
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Something weird about this episode:

Spoiler for inconsistencies:
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 09:50   Link #1577
chaosprophet

About the popularity pool, so it's called "AKB0048 virtual handshake event" and the votes means how many times each character got a handshake. You need to buy some AKB0048 related items on that Hangame to be able to participate on it... not sure whether that means one person can do it multiple times if he/she buys many of them.

The first part, for the Research students was from 06/08/2012 to 06/15/2012. The results someone posted previously was from 06/12 so it's not the final results (but by the gaps I don't think 1st-3rd will change).

The second part, for the Successors will be from 06/21/2012 to 06/29/2012.

Official results for both will be announced on 07/04/2012.

First place of each part will get a solo photoalbum(?) released. Apparently Hangame users will be able to participate on how those will be made.

Info from the show main website.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:33   Link #1578
mochichan

I don't get the virtual handshake thing....cuz...IT'S ONLINE!
How do you know if it's the AKB girl you're talking to or a staff?
oh...also..IT'S ONLINE! what's the point? you can't touch the girls!! :|
But honestly I'll buy multiple items just because those dress up dolls are f ing kawaii

They finished AKB0048 recording today I think

Quote:
AKB0048最終話アフレコ
終わりましたああああ
うわぁぁぁあ寂しいよぉぉお

今日NO NAME全員は
いなくて寂しかったけど
また9人全員で集まるのが
今から楽しみです!!!!

大好きなスタッフの皆様
大好きな声優陣の皆様
そして大好きな“のなめ“メンバー!!!!
本当にありがとうございました!!!!!!!!

あ!!!!!アフレコは終わっても
アニメはまだまだ
続きますよ!!(`・ω・´)ぬん

せーのっいくぞー!!!!!!!
AKB0048ー!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From...idk...SKE member G+? She look SKE....https://plus.google.com/u/0/10884155...ts/58uHxffSgxv
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 10:38   Link #1579
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I don't get the virtual handshake thing....cuz...IT'S ONLINE!
How do you know if it's the AKB girl you're talking to or a staff?
oh...also..IT'S ONLINE! what's the point? :|
But honestly I'll buy multiple items just because those dress up dolls are f ing kawaii
I believe the virtual handshake is just a fancy name for a character popularity pool.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:52   Link #1580
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 08 - The Third Battle of Hoth

The dynamics going on between Kanata and Takamina are intriguing to watch, and raising some interesting questions. I'm curious what the resolution to this is going to be, because someone is going to have to make a sacrifice for it to conclude, unless there's a third option I'm just not aware of. Most of the time was spent on the battle above; I'm curious about what's going on with the concert down below. This is the first time the main characters really get to perform, and we're missing out on it. Maybe next week.

Not the first time a Yuka who aspires to be an idol has had an interest in someone else this season. I can definitely see that subplot coming back to the spotlight down the line. I'm excited for next week's episode after this cliffhanger, and this is the first time I can say so.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime