AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-01, 09:45   Link #2101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So now that it seems Cosmo AIDS has been cured there really is no reason for the new saints to do anything anymore since the original 5 can just own everyone.
Not really since only Seiya is active at the moment.

Shun has found a new vocation, Shiryu doesn't have a cloth anymore, Ikki is MIA and Hyouga is still crying over his mommy.

Besides, original SS had the Gold Saints and that didn't stop the Bronze 5 from being useful.
Old 2013-04-01, 09:58   Link #2102
Key Board
Carbon

so it continues directly next week without any break?

interesting
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 10:04   Link #2103
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Directly apparently

Eden pls

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-04-01 at 16:05.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 16:14   Link #2104
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
I'm no big fan of the clothstones either, but pointless, it is not. If anything, it's definitely way more convenient than carrying a huge box everwhere.
True, but I still rather have the Pandora Box.

Quote:
Its only mistake is that Saint Seiya merchandising is pretty much all about elaborated armors, and they probably realized they could make more money with Omega changing it back.

You mean, like Lost Canvas?
Except Lost Canvas still feels more like Saint Seiya work than Omega again, for me...

Not that Omega is bad, but every time they try to link it to the original it just ends up make little sense. (not that the original is making that much logical sense to begin with) That's why I just treated it like an different franchise and an original work up till now.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:33   Link #2105
Key Board
Carbon

So upon review, what do you think about the gold saints?

I'd say Harbinger, Tokisada and Amor were the best

They added something distinctive to show

Everyone else.. not so much

My personal disappointment was Ionia. There was the build up. There was the hype of him being the strongest. Turns out he really was just a washed out old man.

Maybe that was the intention, but still.. such a waste. I mean.. I don't mind him being obsessed about Athena. I just hoped he would be more resilient and entertaining about it. It seems he just gave up too easily

I was hoping he would be more like Kinzo/Goldsmith from Umineko. Now that's the measure all crazy obsessive old man should hope to be.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 17:15   Link #2106
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I would add Genbu since the guy was acting as one of Mars' soldiers and turned out to be a good guy.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:09   Link #2107
Undertaker

I still don't know what to make the Gold Saints as they add all these crazy attributes to them either personally or through the Cloth which I'm not a huge fan of.

But I do like Genbu, Harbinger, Fudou and Paradox.

I wonder what will happen to all the Gold Saints now how many of them are left now? 5? 6? or more with the unconfirmed?
Old 2013-04-02, 03:31   Link #2108
Jehuty

It's ridiculous to compare the saints of old (or lost canvas) with the current generation.

Saga alone would wipe the floor with them all, Amor included. Seiya has been ridiculously underpowered even if his entrance was all kinds of awesome. I won't even bring up the other Gold Saints -- can you imagine a pissed off Shaka? hahah

Lost Canvas was clearly meant for a more mature audience, or at least meant to finally give the Gold Saints the justice they deserve. So I think comparing Omega to Canvas is unfair, because Canvas would easily trump Omega (up until the Pandora mess anyway).
Old 2013-04-02, 09:12   Link #2109
Diveman

I liked Fuudo because he kinda "broke" the stereotype of Virgo saints being calm and collected even during "eyes open" mode. Harbinger was cool, and I can't really hate someone with Franky's voice actor lol.

Also, anyone knows what happened to Paradox? she's supposed to be alive right?
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 09:34   Link #2110
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Its only mistake is that Saint Seiya merchandising is pretty much all about elaborated armors, and they probably realized they could make more money with Omega changing it back.
I don't blame them for trying for a different audience though with the Omega design because the LC clothes did terribly for Bandai as you would notice they stopped making them after Tenma and Kagaho which strongly suggests that currently the people who buy the Cloth toys are only the diehard old time fans of the original show, so there's no point in trying to just please that sector and they are better off with experimenting for a different audience.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 10:07   Link #2111
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I don't blame them for trying for a different audience though with the Omega design because the LC clothes did terribly for Bandai as you would notice they stopped making them after Tenma and Kagaho which strongly suggests that currently the people who buy the Cloth toys are only the diehard old time fans of the original show, so there's no point in trying to just please that sector and they are better off with experimenting for a different audience.
As far as I know, Bandai is steadily releasing new “Saint Cloth Myth” figure once every month or two. They even released figures of some obscure characters like Cassios and Chameleon June! So I’d say wait several years until Bandai ran out of characters from the original series to make figures from, and finally they’ll turn their attention to characters from both Omega and Lost Canvas for more armor toys .
Old 2013-04-02, 10:37   Link #2112
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As far as I know, Bandai is steadily releasing new “Saint Cloth Myth” figure once every month or two. They even released figures of some obscure characters like Cassios and Chameleon June! So I’d say wait several years until Bandai ran out of characters from the original series to make figures from, and finally they’ll turn their attention to characters from both Omega and Lost Canvas for more armor toys .
Bandai has several Saint Seiya cloth toy lines. As said the original "Cloth Legend" series is still going pretty strongly and they are moving into pretty obscure characters, however it was also that series where they released the LC characters and failing to make an impact and that was something like 3~4 years ago according to the Bandai Tamashii website, with that much time passed and no more LC characters thus completely missing out with the marketing power of a concurrent release of the LC OVA I think it's safe to say that LC had been considered to have bombed for Bandai.

Late in 2011 Bandai also started the "Cloth Legend EX" series which are much improved versions with the characters getting to be really close to what they look like in the anime/manga and has much greater flexibility/posing abilities and unsurprisingly that series of toys had basically rebooted the toy line with the 5 bronze and the original 12 gold saints (I think currently they are only missing Taurus, Libra, Aquarius of the gold saints in the line up, and Shiryu and Hyoga in the bronze), so again pointing to the fact that those who are buying these toys are the old time fans of the old series. Also note that a Kouga figure has been released, but not under the "Cloth Legend" brand but the more general action figure line of SH Figure Arts series, so again pointing to that Bandai is more experimental when it comes to Omega merchandise and its intended target audience.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 11:18   Link #2113
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Bandai has several Saint Seiya cloth toy lines. As said the original "Cloth Legend" series is still going pretty strongly and they are moving into pretty obscure characters, however it was also that series where they released the LC characters and failing to make an impact and that was something like 3~4 years ago according to the Bandai Tamashii website, with that much time passed and no more LC characters thus completely missing out with the marketing power of a concurrent release of the LC OVA I think it's safe to say that LC had been considered to have bombed for Bandai.

Late in 2011 Bandai also started the "Cloth Legend EX" series which are much improved versions with the characters getting to be really close to what they look like in the anime/manga and has much greater flexibility/posing abilities and unsurprisingly that series of toys had basically rebooted the toy line with the 5 bronze and the original 12 gold saints (I think currently they are only missing Taurus, Libra, Aquarius of the gold saints in the line up, and Shiryu and Hyoga in the bronze), so again pointing to the fact that those who are buying these toys are the old time fans of the old series. Also note that a Kouga figure has been released, but not under the "Cloth Legend" brand but the more general action figure line of SH Figure Arts series, so again pointing to that Bandai is more experimental when it comes to Omega merchandise and its intended target audience.
But my point still stands that if someday Bandai ran out of characters from the original series to be made into figures, they’ll eventually looking at other segments of the franchise be it the movies, Omega, LC or god-knows what future series we’ll get. Unlike mechas in Gundam universe, the original characters and toy-lines for SS franchise are quite limited, you know. Besides, there will be a time where fans will get bored with the original characters and Bandai have to provide something new. For example, years ago, nobody ever imagined that we’ll get obscure characters like Black Saints, Steel Saints, Silver Saints, Mermaid Tethys, Cassios, Seiya & Shiryu with casual outfit or even Saori in “Saint Cloth Myth” line. But we got them now partly due to the fans of the toys who got bored with the usual Bronze and Gold Saint figures. They want variety.
Old 2013-04-02, 13:55   Link #2114
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post

Lost Canvas was clearly meant for a more mature audience, or at least meant to finally give the Gold Saints the justice they deserve. So I think comparing Omega to Canvas is unfair, because Canvas would easily trump Omega (up until the Pandora mess anyway).
That logic sounds more for a younger audience since they are the ones who compare anime characters and determine who is stronger. Having famous characters like Dohko overpowered just serves as fanservice. The older audience actually notes that some characters are weak just because the scripts demands it since they want the Gold Saints or another enemy to look strong in comparison. Remember how Seiya is always overpowered at the beginning of every single fight regardless of his experience? Kurumada wanted to point that the enemy is strong. Saga and the others become ridiculously weak in the Hades arc as they are unable to defeat anybody. The same applies to Omega. It's ridiculous to compare characters within Seiya.
Old 2013-04-02, 21:07   Link #2115
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
It's ridiculous to compare the saints of old (or lost canvas) with the current generation.

Saga alone would wipe the floor with them all, Amor included. Seiya has been ridiculously underpowered even if his entrance was all kinds of awesome. I won't even bring up the other Gold Saints -- can you imagine a pissed off Shaka? hahah

More mature as in for people who like yaoi?

I can understand how people that like TLC are put off by SSO. Except for Ryuho and Haruto, most of the male characters all have female love interests such as Kouga/Yuna, Eden/Alia & Seiya/Saori.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 21:18   Link #2116
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Jehuty
Please stop adding unnecessary flamebait of “LC vs Omega” to this thread. Take it somewhere else.

@cyoti
Please stop insulting certain fanbase. And for the record: Jehuty is partly right. LC is meant for a bit more mature audience compared to Omega (just look at Omega’s timeslot compared to LC being OVA series).
Old 2013-04-02, 21:23   Link #2117
ShiroiRyu

Omega timeslot is a 6AM.
I'm in bed at this hour. XD

Anyways, Saga versus Amor, i'm sorry, i'm not really sure Saga will win easily.
They are quite really OP.
And when you know he needed Shura and Camus for Shaka ...
Old 2013-04-02, 21:26   Link #2118
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Omega timeslot is a 6AM.
Is that France's timeslot or Japanese timeslot? Also, a morning timeslot (a really morning, not like 2 AM or so) doesn't mean it's for mature audience.
Old 2013-04-03, 09:36   Link #2119
james0246

Moved some unnecessary posts out of the thread. Please keep discussion focused on Saint Seiya Omega.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 12:15   Link #2120
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Omega timeslot is a 6AM.

Anyways, Saga versus Amor, i'm sorry, i'm not really sure Saga will win easily.
They are quite really OP.
And when you know he needed Shura and Camus for Shaka ...
Etto... Saga, Shura and Camus weren't serious and Shaka was only messing with them to force them to use AE to send him to the underworld.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen