AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-04-29, 15:34   Link #1
Suikun

Bonnie Pink Suggestions

I'm fairly new to listening to Japanese music outside of the occasional anime soundtrack, but recently I've been discovering how great groups/singers like L'arc en Ciel and TM Revolution are. But so far nothing has caught me so quickly as the Bonnie Pink single "Last Kiss" (the ending song of Gantz) which also has on it "5 More Minutes" and "I'm in the Mood for Dancing". I just recently downloaded the single and gave it a listen, and MAN... it was like love at first listen. All three songs featured here are amazing, and I can't get enough.

So, I know I definitely want to buy some of her CDs from cdjapan (in addition to this single), but I was wondering if anyone who's familiar with Bonnie Pink could give me some suggestions as to which CDs to buy.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:38   Link #2
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun
I'm fairly new to listening to Japanese music outside of the occasional anime soundtrack, but recently I've been discovering how great groups/singers like L'arc en Ciel and TM Revolution are. But so far nothing has caught me so quickly as the Bonnie Pink single "Last Kiss" (the ending song of Gantz) which also has on it "5 More Minutes" and "I'm in the Mood for Dancing". I just recently downloaded the single and gave it a listen, and MAN... it was like love at first listen. All three songs featured here are amazing, and I can't get enough.

So, I know I definitely want to buy some of her CDs from cdjapan (in addition to this single), but I was wondering if anyone who's familiar with Bonnie Pink could give me some suggestions as to which CDs to buy.
Present.

It is an AWESOME album. "Tonight, the Night" is almost illegally catchy.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:56   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

The only Bonnie Pink song I know is "It's Gonna Rain," and it's pretty good, just not enough to turn me into a Bonnie Pink fan. Check it out if you can, I think it was one of the endings for Rurouni Kenshin. It also has a rather cute PV, I believe.
Old 2004-04-30, 19:20   Link #4
indicatoto101

I have only heard one song from her and I don't even remember the title. But it goes something like...
Don't go to sleep to anywhere alone
you jumped on a ship which is almost gone.

Pretty catchy song
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 17:35   Link #5
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikun

Wikipedia will always be your friend, as it has listed the names of all their album compilations and CD singles. Bonnie Pink

Last Kiss is a definite must buy, but also check out her recent singles: Love Is Bubble and A Perfect Sky.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-19, 18:44   Link #6
TronDD
Team the box!

Bonnie Pink is great.

I like "So Wonderful" among many others.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 03:25   Link #7
ShuiMei

I love that woman, she's simply amazing.

If you like "Last Kiss" and the such, get her "Even So" and "Present" albums. "Even So" has great tracks like "I just want you to be happy," "Ocean," and my personal favourite "Private Laughter," as well as "Last Kiss" and "5 more minutes" while "Present" has the very lovely "Tonight, the Night" and "Wildflower," the title track is excellent too.

I liked her last album "Golden Tears" as well, but it's different from her "Present"/"Even so" stuff. The album was heavily inspired by an 80's synth pop sound, but I loved it still, her voice is just so gorgeous. I saw her perform live last year and I was absolutely enamoured, she's amazing.
ShuiMei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 14:07   Link #8
Suikun

Wow, it's been a while since I made this thread and kinda' forgot about it.

But, yeah, since then I've gone from knowing little about her to getting most of her albums. She's easily my favorite artist (Japanese or otherwise) right now (next to Janne da Arc). My favorite album of hers is "Even So", although "Golden Tears" is awesome, as well.

Haven't gotten her two latest singles (one of which doesn't get released till next month, I think), but I plan to.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 18:45   Link #9
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

'Last Kiss' is simply wondrous. It's among the EDs of anime that simply wrenches my heart out of myself. It's so perfectly placed in the context of Gantz that it simply is magnificent alongside the dark and foreboding animation.

I love 'It's Gonna Rain,' but 'Last Kiss' is simply the best - it really rocks. I don't like her other songs much, but those two make me a fan of hers - but not a fanatic yet. (Yet fan comes from fanatic. lol)
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 01:04   Link #10
Ov3rlock
Excalibong Owner

Send a message via MSN to Ov3rlock
Bonnie Pink sound sweet matches with Anime Endings ^_^
Real nice sound! I like a track called "Im on the mood for dancing"... it realy remaind me Funky Pump/DDR style!!
I belive thats the reason why i love it xD
Ov3rlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 10:10   Link #11
Celes__

I've been following Bonnie Pink for 6 years, I'd recommend "evil and flowers" and "even so" albums. You won't regret it.
Also, you should listen to "daisy". It's a maxi-single, so it's hard to find, but I can upload it if you want it.

She is now gonna release a "best of" album, where all her singles are included, maybe that could be a good choice for you. You can find more info about it at Yesasia or Cdjapan.
Celes__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 20:09   Link #12
Xerion12
Rawr! And stuff.. D:!

I remember when I was into GantZ a while ago I would always listen to "Last kiss" and "5 more minutes". I mean ALL THE TIME.. Such great songs ;__;
Xerion12 is offline   Reply With Quote