AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 16:45   Link #2701
calubin_175

Anyway I bet the Bolar Wars and the Final Yamato arc will be scrapped and they will just opt for the White Comet Empire and Dark Nebula Empire arc. I will be interested in seeing whether they will use Miyatake Katsutaka's EDF ships from season 2 or Izbuchi's ships from Final Yamato. The latter do look more like Yamato in terms of ship design.

Let me know if you guys want a short synopsis of the PS2 version of the Dark Nebula Empire arc, it has many changes even from the beginning of the events of A New Journey.

There is synopsis here: http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/342/ You guys can ask me for details. I am getting the remaining 2 strategy guides today after 3 long years since I touched this game.

Didn't realise the plot revision was driven by Matsumoto as the original movies were done by Nishizaki. But this PS2 game was one of the last Matsumoto Yamato productions. I'll say that every Yamato series without Matsumoto involvement or homage is absolute crap starting from Fukkatsu hen. 2199 is an exception as they subtly drew some visual elements from Matsumoto's style.

Last edited by calubin_175; 2013-09-04 at 17:05.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 16:46   Link #2702
macdawson

Linguistic snafoo. Though my source used the word "leader" he meant it as someone in a position of leadership, which he is as Tactical Officer. There seems to be a scene after they regain comms with Earth about some crisis back home and Kodai tries to keep the crew's spirits up, even though he is hurting inside, due to what happened to Yuki.
Old 2013-09-04, 17:48   Link #2703
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A proper Dark Nebula arc series might be interesting. It depends on what they want to do about Gamilas and Iscandar for the first part and then the fallout of that with Earth and the Dark Nebula later. Added to this is the idea of Sasha Kodai, daughter of Starsha of Iscandar and Mamoru Kodai. That all depends on timing for her to be of a useful age, and or alien enough to age rapidly. Or her part if filled in by a returning Yurisha.

The Bolar Wars story had interesting momemts and ideas (as well as the Space Battleship Arizona), but it heavily needs there to be another massive conflict involving Gamilas and another power to have Earth forces to either maintain nuetrality or pick a side to survive. Also some of that story depends highly on Dessler being alive and in a state of balance between his duties to his people, his own issues over Starsha, and his debt to Kodai and Earth for past wrongs. I mean it is possible to do that story without Dessler, but the friend and/or foe angle liklely requires Gamilas peoples to be involved in the story.

This early in the timeline of 2199, there are only a few things setup for either of these stories. For the Dark Nebula arc you have Kitano on Yamato already as an enlisted man. You have the idea that Kato might have a brother. You have the start of Sasha Kodai. You have Tokogawa's assistant engineer already on the ship. And there is Captain Yanamami of the Kirishima would was Captain Yamato in Be Forever, Yamato. For the Bolar Wars, you have the religious again of Iscandar to Gamilas similar to that of Guardiana worshipers. You have Wulf and her submarine. You have other background Gamilas officers that would have rolls in that story. You have the giant Gamilas floating city that reminds we of Dessler's capital on Galman-Gamilas. You have the Gamilas warship technology starting to head towards what they wold use in the Bolar Wars. You have Hirata already on Yamato in the Support division. And you have Niimi would is perfect for the world Yamato would be doing in the Bolar Wars...searching for a new Earth.
Old 2013-09-04, 23:27   Link #2704
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
They also need to solve the problem of how Dessler burned his own status with his own planet. I guess they could still say he was picked up by the White Comet Empire, but wouldn't the new Gamilas government take issue with his returning to the stage when they find out? And I don't see them letting Dessler build another empire (for the events of Yamato III and maybe Final Yamato remakes) without taking serious issue with him, i.e. blowing him and whoever is still following him into space dust.
Old 2013-09-05, 00:39   Link #2705
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I figure the Dark Nebula arc or a prequel to the Bolar Wars arc would solve that. Savior of the Gamilas people.

If they followed the old plots, Gamilas and Iscandar are destroyed, and Galman is enslaved by the Bolar, allowing Dessler to come in and save his own race an dreforge his empire to fight the Bolar Federation. However that does not account for Yamato 2199 political events, nor the rebels. In the old version, Dessler was the man to be followed by all blue skinned peoples. His people were loyal to him.
Old 2013-09-06, 09:20   Link #2706
macdawson

CD Japan has posted the cover for Part 3 of the Yamato 2199 Soundtrack.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-15336

Here's my translation of the track list, published at the Yamato Crew site:

Spoiler:

Also, the Soul of Chogokin 2199 Yamato's release has been set for January 25th, 2014

http://yamato2199.net/goods/soul_of_chogokin_01.html
Old 2013-09-07, 18:42   Link #2707
calubin_175

I know that we can't always apply aircraft concepts to spacecrafts, but at least most Sci-Fi try to do so and Yamato is no exception. The Cosmo Falcon and Cosmo Tiger have been classified as multirole fighter/attack crafts(sentou kougeki ki), with the 3 seater version of the latter as fighter/bomber (sentou bakugeki ki) probably due to the additional turret.

I noticed that the Garmillas aircrafts from the blue multi deck carrier were classified as torpedo crafts(raigeki ki) or bomber (bakugeki ki) in some older sources.

According to wikipedia, bombers drop bombs on ground targets or torpedoes on naval targets.

So in the context of space, how is a torpedo craft any different from an attack craft? Is it just payload? Comet Empire and Nebula Empire didn't seem to have any attack crafts but only bombers, at least in the original continuity.
Old 2013-09-07, 21:30   Link #2708
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Thanks to the precious help of my facebook Yamato 2199 page fans, Robert Worne and Kaichiro Nakano, who provided the translation from japanese to english, here it is, the subtitled version of Chapter 7's Trailer. I hope you like it. Be warned, it does contain a couple of spoilers so...tread lightly.

Subtitles are in both ENGLISH and PORTUGUESE

I'd just like to say, as a first time watcher of Space Battleship Yamato, that I don't think I've ever felt so many emotions from watching one trailer. And I'm a little shocked, because my watching of 2199 has been pretty sporadic as a whole. I wasn't expecting I'd get so attached to it, the characters, and the story. I could almost feel myself tearing up during those scenes with Okita... guess that's the power of Yamato .

Having avoided spoilers for the last four episodes, it looks like Kodai is the one who gets the showdown with Dessler. At least, it looks like Mamoru's gun that's shooting at him. I can't wait !
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 00:09   Link #2709
macdawson

Then just imagine what this show has done for those who follow Yamato for 39 years... it's been one hell of a ride. About the showdown, all i can tell you is that...
Spoiler for Kodai and Desler:

Last edited by macdawson; 2013-09-08 at 01:58.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 03:56   Link #2710
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Today we start the four week ride to the ending. Today episode 23 came out. Saw in on MBS as best I could. I was late and it was choppy, but did finish it at least.
Old 2013-09-08, 05:55   Link #2711
Vito
Asshole.

l-lewd, panty lines, lol

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 12:00   Link #2712
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Today we start the four week ride to the ending. Today episode 23 came out. Saw in on MBS as best I could. I was late and it was choppy, but did finish it at least.
The episode is readily available for download at the usual sites. No need for chopiness interfeering with the awesomeness.
Old 2013-09-08, 12:15   Link #2713
Vito
Asshole.

Sadly this time we have no subtitles
Old 2013-09-08, 13:05   Link #2714
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Sadly this time we have no subtitles
Give it time. I'm sure someone will do it eventually
Old 2013-09-08, 22:42   Link #2715
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The wave motion gun shot was beautiful with that music.
Old 2013-09-09, 10:16   Link #2716
Vito
Asshole.

Oh http://tamashii.jp/special/yamato2199/ Soul of Chogokin Yamato has a special page, anyhow preorders are open

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...02170&page=top
Old 2013-09-12, 05:46   Link #2717
calubin_175

Has anyone seen Fukkukatsu Hen Director's Cut version? Do these two elusive ships, the Andromeda A12 and Musashi get to do much?

http://wildwildfancy.blogspot.com.au...blog-post.html
Old 2013-09-12, 11:25   Link #2718
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From what I understand they are shown at the ending while Yamato gets a message from The Fleet Command about Earth. A montage of other surviving Earth forces in the system.

When the sequel comes out (supposedly they are making one or two more) maybe they will show up.

I know Musashi has some sort of backstory. Something like being dug up after Final Yamato and coverted into a Space Battleship with a massively new American built Wave Motion Engine. This was done to see how much work it would take to go into the Aquarias ice remains to reconstruct Yamato and modernize her. Musashi served as a prototype for Yamato's new engine and wave motion gun system, as well as giving the work crews experiance before they set about reactivating Yamato.

Andromeda A12 is another of the older Andromeda-class battleships (this is the first one seen since the orignal ship was destroyed during the Comet Empire War). Several were seen to be under construction during the Comet Empire War and five more were ordered during the state of emerency. Closest thing we ever saw in the original series to the Andromeda was the Space Battleship Arizona, which had a similar hull design.

Also in the montage were a group of older Yukikaze style destroyers (assumed to be an updated version with a wave motion engine). A Space Battleship Pennsylvania (Arizona's sister ship). And the Blue Earth, a sistership to the flagship Blue Noah that was seen at the beginning of the movie.

Couldn't tell if any of the newere design battleships survived (the "Dreadnought" and "Super Andromeda" class ships)
Old 2013-09-13, 12:17   Link #2719
FerrusManus

Spoiler for Song:
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 17:50   Link #2720
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't know that song. It might be something new, or a redone instramental version of some later song. it sounds slightly familiar, but I can't place it.

In a related note:
Spoiler for Cosmo Zero:

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato