AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-19, 15:42   Link #1
Zigma

[Anime] Episode 15: The Ishbal Massacre

WOW, What an episode. When AL's Armor got ripped i was like O.o and then the backround info cleared somethings up.
Old 2004-01-19, 17:51   Link #2
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigma
WOW, What an episode. When AL's Armor got ripped i was like O.o and then the backround info cleared somethings up.

That WAS a good ep. Best I've seen in a while. Great that the storyline has finally moved on Scarinator.

-k
Old 2004-01-19, 18:09   Link #3
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

I got annoyed by the fact that Edward only got one arm now.

off topic:

and AF-F sub was really nasty quality on sometimes the whole text dispeared then uyou could see black blocks sometimes.
Was it the Fansub or do i need a new codec?

Last edited by Fei-san; 2004-01-19 at 18:19.
Old 2004-01-19, 18:32   Link #4
Chaos
The Dark One

Yeah I'm getting the same problem been spending about an hour trying to fix it. It slows down on my players >_<
Old 2004-01-19, 18:55   Link #5
vipz

I went into the ffdshow control panel and disabled all codecs, then it worked.
Old 2004-01-19, 19:48   Link #6
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

Never had any problems with their sub so far.
Old 2004-01-19, 21:28   Link #7
Jackl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hor
Never had any problems with their sub so far.

Same here. You must have gotten bad data during download. Some sort of curruption anyhow.
Old 2004-01-19, 21:41   Link #8
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-san
I got annoyed by the fact that Edward only got one arm now.
Haven't watched it yet but would really like to know... Ed's now only got one arm? do u mean his metal arm has been disabled?
Old 2004-01-19, 22:09   Link #9
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

Hi,

The Anime-Forever release, the video lagged, and i spent atleast half an hour to try and fix.. eventually i gave up, and downloaded the Keep and Anbu release. It worked perfectly!!

As for the episode it probably has been one of the best. My favourite alchemist on that show has to be the buffed up Armstrong!!! Lastly i cant believe how terribly strong scar is? and since he absorbed the red stone, perhaps his powers may have increased? Any speculations on that....
Old 2004-01-19, 22:25   Link #10
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhayalak
Hi,

The Anime-Forever release, the video lagged, and i spent atleast half an hour to try and fix.. eventually i gave up, and downloaded the Keep and Anbu release. It worked perfectly!!

As for the episode it probably has been one of the best. My favourite alchemist on that show has to be the buffed up Armstrong!!! Lastly i cant believe how terribly strong scar is? and since he absorbed the red stone, perhaps his powers may have increased? Any speculations on that....
(The AF release was messed up on my computer too.)

Yeah, I'm guessing they'll do that. But why would he throw the stone at him then? Panic? Full Metal Panic? Hahahahha oh...

-k
Old 2004-01-19, 23:10   Link #11
illuminatedwax

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhayalak
Hi,

Best guess is that in researching the Philosopher's Stone, he came across those markings on his arm. Most likely the markings on his arm represent either the completion or another piece of the Philosopher's Stone, and he threw the stone at him to fuse them together. Remember that the arm is "teaching" him alchemy, so perhaps it has some innate um, "alchemic stuff" in it.

All in all a good ep of a kid's show that's surprisingly interesting.
Old 2004-01-19, 23:16   Link #12
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
also noticed that all the 'alchemy' that Scar does,as well as the alchemy amplified by the 'red water' and derivatives of it cast red light, rather than the blue that most everyone else's seems to give off.
maybe he has such a stone implanted in his arm? the red crystal gave the guy in Zerotime(or Xerotime) the ability to do alchemy w/o any knowledge of it. perhaps it does the same for scar?
Old 2004-01-20, 00:03   Link #13
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
So... Roy was the one who killed Winry's parents?
But I'm still very surpised by how different manga and anime are...*still like the anime more *
Old 2004-01-20, 00:13   Link #14
jwcdis

I was suprised to see in the next episode preview Al got his head back. I wonder if it will be the real thing
Old 2004-01-20, 00:23   Link #15
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

so it's pretty safe to say rockwell was his dad and the fire alchemist killed him? it just keeps getting better.
Old 2004-01-20, 00:49   Link #16
Kamui4356
Aria Company

With this episode FMA made my top 10 favorite anime. It was simply a great episode. I wonder why I didn't pick up on the color of the alchemy from scar's arm before. It was clear that he wasn't an alchemist himself and the arm contained his power, but I hadn't even suspected the power came from the philosopher's stone. It seems the symbol is another form of the stone, just like the red water. Maybe when the power of two incomplete philosopher's stones, made in different ways, interact, they cancel each other out until the weaker one is destroyed. That would explain why scar couldn't use his powers for a few seconds.
I know the accepted english word is alchemy, but shouldn't it be alchemistry? Maybe when chemistry first seperated itself from alchemy and became a real science, they changed it to seperate it in people's minds from guys trying to turn lead or mercury into gold.
Old 2004-01-20, 03:10   Link #17
Jub3i
Golden Shinobi Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Haven't watched it yet but would really like to know... Ed's now only got one arm? do u mean his metal arm has been disabled?
You would think they could just gather up the pieces to Eds arm and his brothers armor and use their alchemy to restore them.
Old 2004-01-20, 03:17   Link #18
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcdis
I was suprised to see in the next episode preview Al got his head back. I wonder if it will be the real thing
Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-20, 04:06   Link #19
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Spoiler:
whoa.... now you really caught my attention here..... if you don't wanna spoil it for everyone then just msg me privately..... cos.. i wanna know!

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-20, 05:03   Link #20
bayoab

Quote:
whoa.... now you really caught my attention here..... if you don't wanna spoil it for everyone then just msg me privately..... cos.. i wanna know!

Spoiler:
Warning: major future spoiler below!

Spoiler:

But considering how badly they buthered the whole marcoh (yes, its marcoh with an h) thing, who knows what bones is going to do for vol 3. The anime was completely off from the manga for ep 15. There may be one, but i do not recall anything between scar's arm and the stone marcoh had in the manga.
Closed Thread