AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-28, 02:50   Link #6681
tsunade666

Quote:
On Crowley again, so logically speaking, you can't kill him because he will always exist somewhere?
Kill the core with Imagine Breaker though what if the core is in another dimension? now his a freaking immortal. More immortal than the undying witch Vasilisa.
Old 2010-11-28, 03:10   Link #6682
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kill the core with Imagine Breaker though what if the core is in another dimension? now his a freaking immortal. More immortal than the undying witch Vasilisa.
It's not that he's uses an illusion right?
Old 2010-11-28, 03:22   Link #6683
reaper with no name

Most likely, Crowley's "core" is the him in the tube. At the very least, it would explain why the windowless building is located in another dimension.
Old 2010-11-28, 04:12   Link #6684
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Laura didn't know for sure Aleister was Crowley, until Vol22 epilogue. She suspected it though, just that she never had hard proof.

So Tsuchimikado must have never told Laura who Aleister really is, probably since his sister's life depended on it or something.

And if Tsuchimikado really did know the truth behind IB he would have been dead by now. Even as far back as Vol4 Ch1 Tsuchimikado said if anyone on the magic side got hold of what 'Imaginary Number Sector' is they would have died, so much less about the 'truth of the world'.
But even so...why didn't she recognize the arch-heretic they've been devoting the bulk of their resources into exterminating unlike Fianma who did immediately? Or is Crowley himself somehow masking his appearance as well as presence?
Old 2010-11-28, 04:31   Link #6685
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But even so...why didn't she recognize the arch-heretic they've been devoting the bulk of their resources into exterminating unlike Fianma who did immediately? Or is Crowley himself somehow masking his appearance as well as presence?
In volume 6, Tsuchimikado addressed this issue.

Quote:
Stiyl and Aleister met before, but didn’t see through Aleister’s real identity, and there’s a reason behind this. While the English Anglicans were hunting down Aleister Crowley, it’s said to be gathering information about him for a long time. However, this information is just false information that Aleister himself leaked. Since the original information’s wrong, no matter whether one uses magical or scientific means to track down Aleister, they can’t possibly find any relations to the real Aleister Crowley. In other words, to the English Anglicans, Aleister just so happened to be a common name, or maybe even a false name.

This patience and guts makes Tsuchimikado’s jaw drop. Even if he himself can do this, he won’t risk it. Or maybe this just shows the difference in power between Aleister and Tsuchimikado.
That covers the Anglican side, but nobody said anything about how well the Rome Catholic Church, or rather God's Right Seat, knew about Aleister and they have more resource than the English.
Old 2010-11-28, 04:40   Link #6686
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In volume 6, Tsuchimikado addressed this issue.

That covers the Anglican side, but nobody said anything about how well the Rome Catholic Church, or rather God's Right Seat, knew about Aleister and they have more resource than the English.
Wow......not surprising they failed to execute him then...
Old 2010-11-28, 05:24   Link #6687
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, the saying goes: "If you can't find him, you can't kill him."
Old 2010-11-28, 05:57   Link #6688
reaper with no name

I thought it was "You can't fight what you can't see?"

Well, in any case, this all begs the question: how did Tsuchimikado find out?
Old 2010-11-28, 07:28   Link #6689
tsunade666

It just mean Tsuchimikado knew more than the angelican church and his not saying anything to the other side because of his circumstances.
Old 2010-11-28, 10:15   Link #6690
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Yeah, looks like Nera Sleith is back, so we have yet another translator added to the mix translating the older novels for us. Now, we just need Sylixe to become an active translator so we can get some SS1 translations.
Well, I'm calling this now. If Sylixe isn't coming back to work on SS1 (which I really hope not), I will very likely consider giving the project over to someone else. If there's still no progress on it by the time I finish both Vol 6 and 16, I'll personally work on it. I'm still trying to contact him/her, so keep your fingers crossed.

EDIT: And what ya know, SanctusRecto's working on Vol 14.
Old 2010-11-28, 11:07   Link #6691
outerelf

By the way Teh_Ping- I took a look at your update on volume 16-

All my roommates think I'm insane now

Not that they probably didn't before...
Old 2010-11-28, 11:19   Link #6692
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

In what way?
Old 2010-11-28, 15:23   Link #6693
outerelf

The ways in which they think I'm insane are a bit too many to count. But most of them think I'm odd because even though I'm in America right now, I have a lot of Asian thought processes and habits. That and I watch anime almost religiously. the only other anime fan that I'm rooming with only watches 'big' titles like Haruhi, Bleach, Naruto, etc.
Old 2010-11-28, 15:34   Link #6694
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Laura didn't know for sure Aleister was Crowley, until Vol22 epilogue. She suspected it though, just that she never had hard proof.

So Tsuchimikado must have never told Laura who Aleister really is, probably since his sister's life depended on it or something.

And if Tsuchimikado really did know the truth behind IB he would have been dead by now. Even as far back as Vol4 Ch1 Tsuchimikado said if anyone on the magic side got hold of what 'Imaginary Number Sector' is they would have died, so much less about the 'truth of the world'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
The ways in which they think I'm insane are a bit too many to count. But most of them think I'm odd because even though I'm in America right now, I have a lot of Asian thought processes and habits. That and I watch anime almost religiously. the only other anime fan that I'm rooming with only watches 'big' titles like Haruhi, Bleach, Naruto, etc.
Mainstreamers.
Old 2010-11-28, 16:41   Link #6695
tsunade666

mainstreamers or rather they just watched what's been shown. I mean those big titles are everywhere with different dubs.

It's just the trend
Old 2010-11-28, 19:03   Link #6696
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Well, I'm calling this now. If Sylixe isn't coming back to work on SS1 (which I really hope not), I will very likely consider giving the project over to someone else. If there's still no progress on it by the time I finish both Vol 6 and 16, I'll personally work on it. I'm still trying to contact him/her, so keep your fingers crossed.

EDIT: And what ya know, SanctusRecto's working on Vol 14.
It would suck if Sylixe doesn't start, but hoping for the best case scenario:

Now we have Kwei, Nera Sleith, and MerrickXasis (maybe he'll start soon) working on the earlier novels, Teh_Ping working on volume 16 and 6, Joay working on volume 15, Flere translating volume 22 (and maybe volume 19 or 20 later), hopefully Sylixe will start on finishing up SS1 later this month, Pikachuwei doing parts of volume 21, and with any luck this new translator will make a commitment to finish volume 14. I can't think of any other project on BT with this much support.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2010-11-28 at 19:14.
Old 2010-11-28, 19:52   Link #6697
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
If they think we're insane, we're still actually perfectly normal!

... And... heh? Another update on vol 16 already? Oh boy, it's been a while since I heard of an update to it!

Really love those bits of Touma's time with his classmates. Too bad there isn't much focus given to it in this whole series.

... Not that the Railgun Quartets have their own share of times in their classrooms much either... (I think Saten had the most screen time going to school though.)

Makes me think the author must've loved spending time outside school a lot.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-11-28 at 22:54. Reason: typo
Old 2010-11-28, 21:51   Link #6698
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It would suck if Sylixe doesn't start, but hoping for the best case scenario:

Now we have Kwei, Nera Sleith, and MerrickXasis (maybe he'll start soon) working on the earlier novels, Teh_Ping working on volume 16 and 6, Joay working on volume 15, Flere translating volume 22 (and maybe volume 19 or 20 later), hopefully Sylixe will start on finishing up SS1 later this month, Pikachuwei doing parts of volume 21, and with any luck this new translator will make a commitment to finish volume 14. I can't think of any other project on BT with this much support.
About that - I'm taking a break from translating for the moment, I want to finish my fanfic while I still have the inspiration.

I think I've covered most of the more dramatic bits in Vol22 anyway, the rest is just fluff compared to what I've done already. If anyone think a bit in Vol22 deserves special attention and I haven't done it yet, tell me and I might go finish that bit as well.

And after my Fanfic's done I'm interested in maybe go and do Vol19. No promises though, Real Life's been chucking me other commitments one after another.
Old 2010-11-28, 22:16   Link #6699
Miraluka
Banned

From Vol. 22, this :
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...pter_10#Part_3
The missing pages.
Old 2010-11-29, 08:13   Link #6700
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I'm struggling quite a bit with RL as well. Lots of admin work in my office, and I've given up on translating Baka Test during work (too much). One update of each item that I'm working on each week, around the same time the season 2 episode airs.

Now people are saying that my translation is so rigid, bad quality, and whatsoever. Since I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on how to improve, I'll ask you guys on what I should do as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen