AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-10, 15:08   Link #1
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Tokyo Marble Chocolate (OVA)

Title: Tokyo Marble Chocolate
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Drama
Premier: 5th December 2007 (DVD Release...its an OVA)
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Screenplay: Masaya Ozaki
Character Design: Fumiko Tanikawa, Kyoji Asano
Art director: Shichiro Kobayashi
Animation director: Kyoji Asano
Director of Photography: Keisuke Sasagawa
3D Animation: Atsushi Satou
Color design: Izumi Hirose
Animation Production: Production I.G
Production: BMG Japan, Production I.G
Official Site: http://www.tokyomarble.com/

Sorry not much known on the plot or on how many episodes this OVA is gonna be...but my guess is it will be like only one episode and if it isn't then probably 3 episodes.

The director Naoyoshi has worked on a few but popular pieces of anime such as Blood+ (TV series), PoT (TV and one of the movies), Spirited Away, Le Chevalier D'Eon, xxxHolic (TV) and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (movie).

Fumiko Tanikawa is doing the original character design and is an award winning manga artist...who did the 1 volume manga, The Yellow Book, back in 2001...it ain't licensed and all of its scanlated...its interesting but it so-so in most of it departments.
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 15:18   Link #2
manuloz

Thx

I was too lazy to look into all the staff today... but i was really interested since Naoyoshi Shiotani is gona be the director.

I think 2 DVD will be released on 5th December and that maybe all (?) :

http://www.tokyomarble.com/about/dvd.html

By the way his short for Gyao is on youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT1eWjLotn0
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 15:34   Link #3
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Hehehe...I just copied and pasted what I did at FTV ----> See here for proof (lol) ---->

Thanx Manuloz for the YT clip...the style used and the sense of eeriness reminded me of the Tori no Uta (OVA) by Yoshitaka Amano (if you don't what it is...check this site out ---> http://ganime.jp/torinouta/ )...oh yeah, I did a thread for Tori no Uta at FTV, here's the thread -----> http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?sh...hl=tori+no+uta
Old 2007-07-13, 18:02   Link #4
manuloz

ANN has the news translated :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...colate-website

There will be 2 DVD put on market on the 5th december :

http://anime.goo.ne.jp/contents/news..._81/index.html
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 03:13   Link #5
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

So its only gonna be 2 episodes.
Old 2007-12-08, 03:40   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

2 OVAs.... Random Curiosity has a quick peek at it --- looks like it might be nice like some of the short works from last year.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...olate-edition/
Old 2007-12-16, 02:40   Link #7
tresor

dissonance, ghosts and relatvies forChristmas Asthe darkYear of2007 comes to a close.

Premier: 5th December 2007 (DVD Release...its an OVA)
I heard its Dec 19, hopefully before Christmas, really looking forward to this one, especially to get through the 3 waves of relatives Dec 24, 25, 26. I wonder if we'll see any ghosts from Darker Than Black or 5cm in this one. The story being told from each one's differing perspective really has that Shinkai feel (distance ).

BREAKING NEWS
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rble-chocolate
Very Definitely, the 5cm feel to it. I wonder how they will play this, extremely interesting to me. Sure, they can just put them together at the end, but ...

Last edited by tresor; 2007-12-16 at 03:10. Reason: BREAKING NEWS
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:30   Link #8
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
FYI, Live-eviL fansubs will be subtitling this. Going to try to get it released for Xmas but I do not know if the DVD will be delivered on time due to the holidays.

If anyone gets access to a raw around the 18th/19th, please reach out to me ASAP at Tofusensei@live-evil.org or find me on irc as Tofusensei on irc.enterthegame.com

Thanks!

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 20:20   Link #9
fresh-orange

Orange-Side is also subbing it >.> If anyone would like to provide us with the raw, we have a TL already as well as all our other positions ready for this project.

my e-mail is corey.maddox@gmail.com

^_^

-Corey
fresh-orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 18:58   Link #10
tresor

Not Helpful Information

CD JAPAN

Wow, It is great to see a force like Live-Evil and the great TOFU working on this one!
For Orange-Side, Good Luck with first release.

I don't know, amazon Japan did not have it, and CD JAPAN had it sold-out first pressing, but re-ordered first pressing which became available just today. So, there are copies out there, somewhere, people are buying it, I just don't know where to find it.
I am looking forward to getting a raw, I want to Jam the A State Of Trance 324 (legal Download/also on Itunes Podcasts). Especially about minute 22 & then again
the section with 25 minutes left to 0 minutes left, the
"HOME" section will probably be a good fit.

When I ordered the 5cm/sec from amazon it took about 2 days by DHL after release date, but the movie & soundtrack were uploaded the same day it was released.
CD Japan is EMS and it is fast, but fast is about 1-2 weeks.

I downloaded the PV (HQ) from China (mainland), it only took 3 days. I think I will upload it later with a link posted here + the 2 videos from the Web Site (LQ/small).
I like the trains from 5cm/sec cutting off the view of the couple effect but w/ a different result?

Christmas Music
I know Live-Evil did Death Note for a beginning, I was quite dis-concert-ed to here at a Christmas Latin Mass the song Kyrie II (which was used in Death Note). Don't get to attend many Latin Masses anymore, unfortunately.
http://books.google.com/books?id=8om...AhxIIy2HNJsEo0
Keys to look at are the parody, the D word (dissonance) and the fact that it was used to inaugurate the church in Dresden, which was FireBombed to Death in WWII in an act of atonement.
Another of note, that I found, was the song Suiri (reasoning/inference), which plays when Light is walking w/ detective's, the beginning of
Episode 7 sounds alot like the theme that plays towards the end of the movie Heathers, where Christian Slater's character rights suicide notes for people he kills posthumously.
Bonus, I think I got the base song for CowBoy BeBop Blue, Mozart, Requiem K.626 Cum Sanctis Tuis, especially the No Black & White in the Blue hook at the end of the song.
+ The Wrap Around, the theme for Blue is similar to Kyrie I (page 60 in Bach Link Above), I posted the Blue Translation under Yoko Kano Music Section, 2 souls crying for mercy (Spike & Julia).

Last edited by tresor; 2007-12-21 at 19:14. Reason: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!
Old 2007-12-22, 10:28   Link #11
Tofusensei

Thanks for your kind words, tresor!

I had ordered the 1st-presses in time on CD Japan and it's been "In Shipping Status" for a couple days now. This is sort of annoying because I am going to be in Japan from 12/30-1/6 so if we don't get it in time, I could have just purchased it there!

But I digress... Has /anyone/ seen a raw for this floating around yet? We've been trolling winny and share for days with nothing but the PVs...
Old 2007-12-23, 01:13   Link #12
tresor

^^^ And Nothing But the Rain tomorrow.

Old 2007-12-23, 05:26   Link #13
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

I haven't seen any raws yet but I did find the lyrics to the theme song for each part of the OVA if you want them. Though you can easily find them just by searching for the song titles and 歌詞 on google.
Old 2007-12-23, 10:22   Link #14
ochibi77

I want to watch it
ochibi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 20:04   Link #15
tresor

Teasers

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=c86jczcxl9b..........
Old 2008-01-14, 11:57   Link #16
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
I just got the torrents to the Live-Evil version but it came in two parts. Is there a specific order to watch them in, or does it not matter? Either way thanks Live-Evil for subbing this!
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:59   Link #17
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddle! View Post
I just got the torrents to the Live-Evil version but it came in two parts. Is there a specific order to watch them in, or does it not matter? Either way thanks Live-Evil for subbing this!
Thank you! To answer your question, I am pasting something on wrote on www.live-evil.org

"Tokyo Marble Chocolate is very unique 2-part OVA by the masters at Production I.G. It was released on December 19th, 2007 in Japan. It is a love story between two very normal people, not unlike you or I. They mean well but cannot seem to succeed at love. They want their relationship to succeed but a combination of uneasiness and lack of self-confidence keeps them from advancing to the next step.

Sometimes, it’s take an unexpected third party to intervene in order to make two people realize what is right in front of them. That is exactly what happens in this story.

What makes it unique, is that the 2 parts of the OVA tell the exact same story, only from a different person’s vantage point.

Zenryoku Shounen is inspired by the song “Zenryoku Shounen” by the musical act Sukima Switch. This is the story from the boy’s perspective.

Mata Aimashou is inspired by the song “Mata Aimashou” by the musical act SEAMO. This is the story from the girl’s perspective.

Though there is no intended order for these to be seen, I would personally recommend watching the boy’s part first."

-Tofu
Old 2008-01-14, 19:06   Link #18
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I watched the boy's part first, as suggested, and it seems to me it works better that way. But it's Ttoo bad I can't unwatch it and try it the other way around, too. Thanks to L-E for subbing this little heart-warming gem.
Old 2008-01-14, 19:16   Link #19
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddle! View Post
I reccomend watching this in the order it was broadcast! Girl part first then boy part. It will have more impact that way for you! you wonder why? Well for one that was how they broadcast it, watching the girl part you have more questions about what happened to the boy after they get separated.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:22   Link #20
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I reccomend watching this in the order it was broadcast! Girl part first then boy part. It will have more impact that way for you! you wonder why? Well for one that was how they broadcast it, watching the girl part you have more questions about what happened to the boy after they get separated.
It was broadcast?

-Tofu