AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Suzaku Seven?
Miaka 8 18.60%
Tamahome 10 23.26%
Hotohori 7 16.28%
Nuriko 3 6.98%
Chichiri 7 16.28%
Tasuki 7 16.28%
Mitsukake 1 2.33%
Chiriko 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-02, 18:13   Link #41
miakaxtamahome
Banned

fushigi yuugi

i really love this anime this is my favorite anime ever for romance!!!!

i've seen this when i was 6 but i ddn't finish it thogh it got disbanded in phil,
and after 6 years i saw the whole sereis in animax!!! i'm so glad it got aired
and ive' seen the whole ova in it, itwas so goooood, if you haven't watch this anime, u should i would recomend this for you, if your interested in romance that have too much passion...
miakaxtamahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 21:57   Link #42
Tsukasa27

Ok, i just finished watching this show a few weeks ago and i thought it was not bad...

Strong point: Definitely the music, the OST is really great and you could tell from the anime that the music was high-quality although they could have used more and better tracks.

Weak point: I would say the transition between serious and comedy moments felt awkward quite a few times...I'm not really going into details but sometimes the show geared toward adult themes just to turn back or insert goofy moments out of the blue...It would have been better to keep those moments tense in my opinion.

Overall, an enjoyable show if you have the time for a 52-episode show.

ps: Some people label it as Shoujo, i agree that the show will probably appeal more to girls than boys, but again there is something in it for guys too so i wouldn't call it shoujo even though the guys are drawn to look pretty...
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:18   Link #43
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I cant believe all the positive posts about this anime... i mean the animation quality is just bad, the characters are plain and boring and the story is childish. So many things doesnt make sense like for example.. one of the emperor's wife is a man and even worse... he is gay and likes the emperor -.-

I wont rate this anime since i coudnt finish it but it definitly cant get over 5 out of 10 -.-
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 05:47   Link #44
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
OMG A fushigi yuugi thread.

Anyway I love Nuriko and Chichiri. They are my favorite characters. :3
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 21:01   Link #45
xia

I was one of those people who loved Fushigi Yuugi in the beginning. I remember when it came on vhs back in the late 90s and I had been so into the show. I grew older and forgot my love for FY and had even became kind of hostile to it. For years I hadnt seen past episode 7 and then I saw it randomly on AZN and sat down for a quick look.

I was not impressed.

Of course this was pretty far into the story so I wasnt really caught up or anything, but it looked like more of the same.

I decided randomly one day to just buy it so I could say I had seen it.
And I couldnt put the damn thing down.
I mean sure the "Miaka!" x "Tomahome!" every couple of seconds is a tad annoying, but there's a story underneath all that fluff. Nuriko is an excellent character when his true character shines through, and Tasuki is a fun diversion from the emotional turmoil.

So I guess all that i'm saying is, dont just give it 10 episodes to see if you like it. You may be like me and need to watch a decent amount before you can get into it, but it can be a pretty awesome show if you let it.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 00:06   Link #46
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I watched the first 3 episodes, then did 2 or 3 "jumps" without finding anything interesting and then watched the last episode... and still didnt like it.

The reasons i didnt like this series is its ultra-boring / bad script, silly characters and the animation style. Also i dont really like animes where there is only one girl surrounded by guys -.-
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 01:57   Link #47
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I downloaded the series a few years ago and marathoned it in a week. Then I went out and bought the DVD boxsets for the series and OVA's. It was in my top 10, but over the past 5 years as I've seen another 100+ shows, it's gotten pushed back into my top 20 spot.

It's definitely not for everybody. You'll either love it or hate it. Sometimes I liked Miaka, other times I hoped she'd just drown in a lake.

Overall I'd give it an 8.0/10 for my own personal opinion.
Old 2008-10-30, 04:08   Link #48
Tiran86

It pretty much hits everything I like in a story, paced it just the way I like it, tells the kind of story I like. I loved all the characters (some more than others), loved the humor, I was never bored and liked it more each time I watched it. Basically its my favorite anime ever. I suppose there are better anime out there, but personally, I can't find one better suited to my tastes than Fushigi Yuugi. Easily a 10/10 from me.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 11:21   Link #49
justinstrife

You should give Ayashi no Ceres a try. It's by the same manga writer who did Fushigi Yuugi.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 19:43   Link #50
xxraffieskieexx

wiw!! i love fushigi yuugi!!! :] it's the first anime' i really loved so much!! Well, it may seem boring to others but I like it because It's a really touching love story and a story about friendship.. XD

I just don't like the part where Miaka is always liked by the guys.. hahah!!
xxraffieskieexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 06:29   Link #51
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

Has anyone seen fushigi yuugi OVA eikoden?
Its the last ova and has a happy ending in which miaka lives a happy married life with Tamahome.
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 08:51   Link #52
KimmyChan

I've always loved Miaka in this great series
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 08:31   Link #53
lovely214

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxraffieskieexx View Post
wiw!! i love fushigi yuugi!!! :] it's the first anime' i really loved so much!! Well, it may seem boring to others but I like it because It's a really touching love story and a story about friendship.. XD

I just don't like the part where Miaka is always liked by the guys.. hahah!!
ya i agree with u. i dont understand why some of them hate FY so much..where in fact u can learn a lot of lessons from it though it has a lot of fiction...it shows the real values of love and friendship ryt....and i luv miaka in this series...she also have some weaknesses u know...maybe not their heroic brave type and a warrior but there's sumthing about miaka that's also adorable...and i luv the funny scenes of this series...really funny.
lovely214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 12:12   Link #54
justinstrife

Well everyone has different tastes and expectations. I never cared for "The 12 Kingdoms" yet everyone in the first page was singing it's praises. To each their own I always say.
Old 2011-08-24, 06:38   Link #55
YuriEcchiGirl

Miaka will always be my fave Fushigi Yugi character in this series, and it's manga aswell
Old 2014-02-11, 02:44   Link #56
mialimos
Suzaku No Miko

My favorite priestess among ng 4 is Miaka Yuuki Been a fan since I was 14.

My favorite Suzaku 7 is Nuriko He might appear cruel at first but he is such a sweet guy and a real friend. I wish I could find a Nuriko friend too
mialimos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance