AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-24, 17:10   Link #181
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I don't feel sorry for her because she's very strong and so far she's succeeded in dealing with almost everything that crossed her way alone.
I would give you that. She's still insecure...very. Only Ulquiorra brings it out of her<--ship

She is more self-assertive than she is with Ishida, Ichigo. She's actually quite lovable...

If her personality would be that way all the time. I wouldn't have a problem with her. I just don't pity her because she so weak, and needy emotionally.

Old 2009-02-24, 22:41   Link #182
Lady Luna

I do kind of pity Orihime's situation. There are people like her in the the world. It takes a LOT to get them to do anything for their own behalf. They'll do quite a lot in a pinch, especially for someone else. She will do a lot for someone in trouble. Sure, she's easily coerced into things, but that's because it's usually because people will be in jeopardy because of it.

She has book smarts, beneath that ditsy exterior. I'm not sure if very many people remember all the way back to chapter 34? I think her grades ranked number 3. The poor girl tries so hard to be independent, but keeps shifting from one person to another to depend on. She had a great scene when her power first manifested itself. Did she have another? I think she's due another one.

Although she's certainly not one of my favorite characters, I still feel sorry for her. Do I think she should be doing something? Yes, though I'm not sure what that should be at the moment.
Old 2009-02-25, 00:34   Link #183
blue skies
noch einmal?

New (old?) Orihime wank thread? Why was I not told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Luna View Post
She has book smarts, beneath that ditsy exterior. I'm not sure if very many people remember all the way back to chapter 34? I think her grades ranked number 3. The poor girl tries so hard to be independent, but keeps shifting from one person to another to depend on. She had a great scene when her power first manifested itself. Did she have another? I think she's due another one.
This pretty much sums up why I feel sorry for the poor thing. She's so dependent on other people, even though she tries not to be -- first it was her brother, then Tatsuki, now it's some brainless orange-haired dude who doesn't have a clue. Plus, she hates fighting so much, but still hates herself for being a burden (even though she isn't). It's hard not to relate to her just a little too. It's tough enough to be fifteen as it is sometimes, but factoring in all the bs she's gone through on top of it? Ouch.

But it's easy to get frustrated with her at times. Like, you have the potential to pwn so hard, why can't you take care of yourself once in a while? And open your eyes and see the hot nerd who understands you so well. But I'm hoping she'll get some intense development and learn to stand on her own (and kick somebody's ass) before Bleach is over. I still love her.
Old 2009-02-25, 03:36   Link #184
Sythychan

I can see Orihime playing the Martyr by the end of Bleach.
Old 2009-02-25, 04:59   Link #185
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
I can see Orihime playing the Martyr by the end of Bleach.
A martyr without a cause...
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2009-02-25, 06:01   Link #186
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Hmm I actually have a crack theory that if/when Aizen succeeds in creating the Ouken, Orihime will end up sacrificing herself to restore the thousands of lives that were lost, because to do something so powerful would use up the limits of her abilities.

Kubo has said in an interview or two that she would play a very important role, too, so it's a bit too soon to assume her only future contributions will be "Kurosaki-kun"s.
Old 2009-02-25, 10:14   Link #187
Lady Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Haha, that made me chuckle.

But actually, I think she does have a cause. She doesn't have to be a fighter like any of her friends to have to be called a martyr of she's killed, especially if she's killed sacrificing herself. She's one of Ichigo's nakama, part of the group. I'm sure she'd like to stop Aizen too, especially after she was kidnapped and all. She knows a little of what's a stake. That's can enough.

If she can get riled up enough after the hollow attacked Tatsuki, and then to try to fight Shinigami in Soul Society, she can find the courage to fight in Hueco Mundo.
Old 2009-02-25, 12:09   Link #188
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
that made me laugh, have a cookie...

I may have wished death on her-- maybe, once or twice.

Kubo will not kill her. You guys are seriously reaching. She won't have to sacrifice herself. ICHIGO will SAVE THE DAY!!! None of his friends are dying on his watch!!!!

Besides the way her powers work--she doesn't have to sacrifice herself. Just hit the "UNDO" button. Wishful thinking...

Can you stop trying to kill her? She does have redeemable qualities after all... I need her alive for my ship.
Old 2009-02-25, 12:57   Link #189
Lady Luna

Wow, I just realized that I'm trying to kill her and redeem her qualities at the same time. I think I need a moment for that to process. Really.

Okay... No, still processing...
Old 2009-03-04, 21:02   Link #190
colol

*spoilers*

well she's starting to come together now in the recent manga chapters. hope she keeps it up. i don't mind her as long as she atleast give some concern to other characters instead of only kurosaki-kun, or else she's gonna end up in my hopeless list. hinamori's already in it. sheesh these girls. look at matsumoto for example. she atleast didn't go on a brooding rampage when gin left
Old 2009-03-20, 08:57   Link #191
zombiewhisperer
IchiHime - Not Fantasy

Orihime sacrificed her freedom in order to keep kurosaki-kun and her friends alive.. If people hate her for that... then something is definitely wrong.
I mean, she is in essence their healer... if she wasn't there to keep the others healed..god knows who'd be dead by now
Old 2009-03-20, 09:07   Link #192
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewhisperer View Post
Orihime sacrificed her freedom in order to keep kurosaki-kun and her friends alive.. If people hate her for that... then something is definitely wrong.
I mean, she is in essence their healer... if she wasn't there to keep the others healed..god knows who'd be dead by now
Apparently, Inoue did not have the right to say "goodbye" to Kurosaki. :x

Srsly though, you got a point there, about the healer-ability. This is who she is, she can't grow badass wings and blades from her mouth, and starting assassinating the "bad-guys"
She is basically the "defense" of the gang, an essential part.
Old 2009-03-20, 09:25   Link #193
Scarlett_Rain55

If she said goodbye to Tatsuki that would have not moved the plot at all.
Old 2009-03-20, 09:30   Link #194
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
If she said goodbye to Tatsuki that would have not moved the plot at all.
Then at least, they would not find another reason to bitch towards her. 8DD

Srsly, i am amazed that every little thing Inoue does, is getting twisted as a bitching-trigger.
Old 2009-03-20, 09:35   Link #195
zombiewhisperer
IchiHime - Not Fantasy

But the fact is..out of all the people in the world she chose to say goodbye to... it was Ichigo. Regardless of plot movement.. I still think whoever Orihime visted (if she did by some unholy chance obtain a brain injury and went to another friend)

The soul society, Rukia - Ichigo would find out what happened to her..one way or another...
It cannot be avoided or covered up. Orihime went to Ichigo -whether she had the right to or not. She restrained herself from kissing him. She had to release her own emotions -no matter how strong- for that moment in order to keep Ichigo and everyone else as safe as possible for as long as possible.

Orihime protected them. She always does. One way or another. Orihime is as strong as anyone else. Except her strength is channeled differently. That is all.
Old 2009-03-20, 10:27   Link #196
kagato3

Well other then the fact that in essence she was saying good bye to her like and who she feels is her one great love, something that has been around since chapter 2 in fact most of her and Tatsuki's interaction was about her feelings for him. he was also still hurt something she could acualy do, and did, something about. I think the anime hanndeled it a bit better in showing us the whole day she had where she observed and debated on saying good bye to the others before setteling on Ichigo but that would have taken up another issue and KT had already said in interveiws he had to cut a few things he wanted to do for time (such as the forest of menos).
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-03-20, 19:37   Link #197
Blade_ Runner
Banned

No there is no need. Let me tell you a bit about myself. I used to hate her.

She is getting ready to make strides. I have grown to love her since I became an earnest UlquiHime shipper.

I have put my Orihime fan cap on again. I just realized....I talk about her lot. I don't think I ever really hated her. I was just frustrated with her character.

I am an IchiRuki shipper, but never again will I bash her. I may get mad at her sometimes. I might say. She did something dumb.

Never again will I hate on her and I am gonna defend her from now on.

I am crying like a little girly-man. That was really therapeutic...
Old 2009-03-23, 16:19   Link #198
peekaydee
Banned

I, personally, feel immense sympathy for Orihime.
Old 2009-03-26, 09:29   Link #199
KimmyChan

Hell no because Orihime is really cool in her own way! I like her a lot! ^__^
Old 2009-03-26, 09:59   Link #200
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I,on the other hand, would prefer a TatsukiXhime ending, since she's the one caring about her the most...and no matter how much I try, I just can't get myself to pity her, everytime she gets hurt I enjoy it ever so much.
Closed Thread