Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 20:32   Link #1321
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
@spoiler WHAT!!!?!????
Trolling successful.

... I shouldn't have spoiled that. Now that you know, you'll keep buggering people until you know details... Alright, here you are:

Spoiler for V9 end:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 20:39   Link #1322
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Trolling successful.

... I shouldn't have spoiled that. Now that you know, you'll keep buggering people until you know details... Alright, here you are:

Spoiler for V9 end:
Tricking the troll into releasing details sucessful
Old 2012-06-02, 03:55   Link #1323
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Hey.........
Its just me or Campione on BT
never update anymore?
Old 2012-06-02, 03:57   Link #1324
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Hey.........
Its just me or Campione on BT
never update anymore?
It was updating rapid fire a while back because zzhk decided to take on volume 2, which he blazed through.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 04:07   Link #1325
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

rapid fire?
what the hell is that?
i dont understand "It was updating rapid fire " mean
Old 2012-06-02, 04:28   Link #1326
whsie

Quote:
rapid fire?
what the hell is that?
meaning zzhk was translating volume 2 at a VERY, VERY fast pace. An unusual pace at that. If every translator working on the project is active and worked at zzhk's super fast speed (@translators to whom it may concern: No, I'm not implying anything here), they'd already have half the series (if not more) translated.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 04:29   Link #1327
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
rapid fire?
what the hell is that?
he mean zzhk already finished translating whole chapter[maybe], and released each part with one day policy
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 04:31   Link #1328
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Oooooooo
But why never update again....its already 1 month
and where s ZZhk....

CNine
Its been while, my brother.
i never expect can meet you here
Old 2012-06-02, 07:06   Link #1329
Kadi
知識の探求者

Last Monday I uploaded V5C2 myself, two days ago I uploaded V8C3P1, and yesterday zzhk started uploading V5C3... obviously the project's dead.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:11   Link #1330
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

If Kadi have to translate then I know it is dead. The supervisor of the project just organized and puts it together, it is the translator who does the translation. Just when I thought we are going somewhere, sadly it halted.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 07:35   Link #1331
Kadi
知識の探求者

Why would I have to translate? True, finishing V5C2 was a bit annoying, but SS1 (not public yet for lack of editing) was promised earlier and V8C3P1 was a bonus. I enjoyed working on it because it's so awesome. V8C1 and 2 will be harsh, though... Anyway, zzhk has started again, so there's no need for me at all.

And it's wrong that supervisors don't translate. Look at larethian who I believe has the role for DenYuuDen and ItsuTen.

Well, if I ever seriously start translating, it'll either be anonymous or under a different name because, who would've thought, I don't like people bothering me. So look out for mysterious bishoujo translators popping up out of nowhere and disappearing again soon after!
Old 2012-06-02, 07:47   Link #1332
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I really don't mind who translate, I didn't mean any harm when I said the Supervisor don't translate normally. It is like a Supervisor of a Company who organize the grunts to do the work, but if you enjoy translating Kadi all the merrier since you already read the Japanese version I presume. zzhk is pretty fast, he manage to finish chapters in one day. Though no one can match Norm@n, oh my god he translated an entire volume in a single day. Looking forward to reading more, especially vol 5. I already know what happened in vol 4, so for those who want the brief spoiler just ask.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-06-02 at 07:57.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:13   Link #1333
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Just wondering, Kadi and zzhk and any translators out there. I wonder if translating these LN will help you get better at writing your own fiction since you mostly need to think of the translated line to suit English grammar and make the readers understand what it's about.

Although you might get accused of plagiarizing the line you yourself translated if it resembles the translated line you just did.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 08:36   Link #1334
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

I actually have people translate Campione for me irl, almost like a bedtime story except in class. Ever since developing an interest in Chinese I practice from LNs instead of textbook readings. I started using LNs as practice just recently and its so hard that I need someone else to help me for most of the story. So I am grateful for the translators who put time into this. For some of them it might not be too much work but from my point of view it is hell lol.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:31   Link #1335
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, it usually took much more time to illustrate color image with complex texture that Miyama Zero do in his color illustrations. It's not harder for monochrome images though. I think Miyama Zero's art style is far superior than most LN's illustrations I've seen so far. Sadly, the manga version of HS DxD has the art style that makes me drop. And when the averaged artwork like in Campione! got downgraded even more in manga version, I seriously doubt why they don't just hire artists with much better art style to do the adaptation. The art in manga version of Campione! and SAO are just abysmal. There are hundred of manga series that never got scanlated that have far better art than in those piece of garbage.
Campione was ugly. However, SAO was simply drawn another way, more shoujo-styled and such. Well, anyways...

As for the style, it always depends on which kind of story it is. DxD is kind of the perfect novel for Miyama-Zero to draw. The first time I saw his drawings, I thought of Hidan no Aria's (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...11_003-005.jpg)

(BTW, the best LN adaptation is Kikou Shoujo. Characters are simply too cute...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clue View Post
Hopefully the anime of Campione will have an improved art style. The characters have extremely angular faces in the ln, i hope that the quality of the pictures doesn't remain the same nor drop. Yes Sao and Dxd as a mangas(in terms of art) are incomparable to their respective Lns, but i still prefer the manga art of Dxd over the more angular one of the anime...
Curves>Angles and Sharp Edges.
Not always true. Detective Conan had more curved face at the beginning. However, throughout the years, it had sharpened, and I like it much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
If Kadi have to translate then I know it is dead. The supervisor of the project just organized and puts it together, it is the translator who does the translation. Just when I thought we are going somewhere, sadly it halted.
(Teh_Ping will have to disagree.)

Speaking of speedy translators, I haven't seen Zephyrus for a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Just wondering, Kadi and zzhk and any translators out there. I wonder if translating these LN will help you get better at writing your own fiction since you mostly need to think of the translated line to suit English grammar and make the readers understand what it's about.

Although you might get accused of plagiarizing the line you yourself translated if it resembles the translated line you just did.
Actually, I tried inspiring myself from some stories in LNs for school essays, but it's simply incompatible in the western world, at least for me. It sounded too awkward, so I simply changed my whole text.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:37   Link #1336
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Campione was ugly. However, SAO was simply drawn another way, more shoujo-styled and such. Well, anyways...

As for the style, it always depends on which kind of story it is. DxD is kind of the perfect novel for Miyama-Zero to draw.

(BTW, the best LN adaptation is Kikou Shoujo. Characters are simply too cute...)

Not always true. Detective Conan had more curved face at the beginning. However, throughout the years, it had sharpened, and I like it much better.

(Teh_Ping will have to disagree.)

Actually, I tried inspiring myself from some stories in LNs for school essays, but it's simply incompatible in the western world, at least for me. It sounded too awkward, so I simply changed my whole text.
i started talking about papakiki 2 my english teacher in an essay...

to which she replied by talking to me about homer's epic poems... i.e. (the illiad and oddesey)

she then started lecturing me about history for some reason...

so i agree with u ^^

alot of asian culture is hard to understand by western standards
Old 2012-06-02, 09:41   Link #1337
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
i started talking about papakiki 2 my english teacher in an essay...

to which she replied by talking to me about homer's epic poems... i.e. (the illiad and oddesey)
lol . How did you end up there?
Old 2012-06-02, 09:49   Link #1338
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hahaha diversity is a beauty after all. If we knew everything about other people's cultures the world would be a lot boring. Some of us here are Europeans and American and we find Japanese culture very interesting, most of it actually. The first Light Novel in Japanese history is The Tale of Genji, though the story is pretty dark. Lets not go there, it will bring some hateful feelings in here. Such as NTR and cheating. Back to the Light Novel, the last updated chapter is pretty interesting. Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi (Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven) or Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi (Grass Cutting Sword) whatever you prefer is a sword found in the fourth tail of Yamata-no-Orochi (Japan's version of the Hydra). Ena to use the sword has to use a Blood ritual and the writing of words with her blood.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-06-02 at 10:04.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:53   Link #1339
Athena
The Power of One

I wonder what kind of girl Ena is in her usual school life.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:59   Link #1340
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
I use vn novels at school play.

heck I use clannad story where they show you the scrap robot playing with Ushio. The whole class was just quite and watching the play.

hehe we got good marks on it.

I haven't tried LN stories yet to incorporate in school works but I use the background designs for design background.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem