0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2006-11-23 at 01:46.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-23, 10:19   Link #184
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Right, that’s my point so if Hidan's head suddenly left its body then it would also separate Shikamaru's head. Remember when Naruto punched Gaara his head moved to the right and Shikamaru's head moved to the left, not only that but it was almost like Shikamaru felt the heavy impact and his face said that he even felt a little bit of the pain as well. So if Hidan's head suddenly dropped off his body, your telling me Shikamaru's head will stay in place? I think the shadow would follow along and rip his head right off.
No need for spoiler tags since this isn't discussing chp 332. Shikamaru didn't feel any pain from Naruto's punch, he was complaining because of the sudden and violent way his head was knocked back. Think about how he defeated Kin in the chuunin exam, he bent back his body so Kin would hit her head against the wall. If he felt the same pain, he would've been knocked out, and if felt any lesser extent of the pain, he would've would said something (because Shikamaru complains about everything).

I think it can be safely said that Shikamaru doesn't feel anything when he inflicts a stab wound on anyone using Kage Mane, since he was prepared to throw kunai and the sound ninja who were caught in his jutsu and don't think he planned to kill himself. He could only feel pain if the opponent moved in way that was painful to him. Does a body part being severed count as movement on the part of the victim? I guess that depends on your point of view, but I would say no. The limb is merely being disconnected from the body and furthermore it's being separated from the internal chakra system, which is probably the basis for the jutsu. So it depends on the way Hidan's head would be removed. If it's ripped off, the violent motion from the tug would probably break Shikamaru's neck and kill him. But if the head is sliced clean off, the Shikamaru would probably be fine.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote