AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-06-23, 23:36   Link #53661
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Can blame him. Guess that Izuru had put him in the wrong genre - that is Visual Novel MC, not Light Novel MC.

That remind me, what is the most ambition that OC pilots usually aim? Mostly it's just "serving my military duty" or so.

Quote:
"From Love, comes Power"

Thyme, Parsley, Rosemary and Sage were like Bellerophon's bow, letting out a hailstorm of burning lead.

"From Love, comes Unity"

The four railguns roaring like lion, their barrels red hot due to extreme heat.

"From Love, comes Prosperity"

The BITs joined their master in a fluent, graceful waltz, singing plasma to a beat that went from adagio to allegro.

"From Love, comes Possibility"

Under the guide of Kanzashi the Conductor, every shot is a note of a symphony that was near its climax.

"From Love, come Evolution"

Ichika was imprisoned by ice - from his leg, it raised until he was trapped in a crystal.

"From Love, comes Live"

*CRACKKK*

The coffin was broke, shards of ice together with droplets of blood floated upward to the sky. Houki elegantly wiped the red mark on her swords before swiftly resheathed them.
Reverse of Jedi Code: Sith Code.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 00:13   Link #53662
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Heh, believable Orimu-cest isn't so hard to write. I mean, just let them act like a couple but without physical intimacy you have the Orimura siblings in their natural state - it's easy. They are comfortable and familiar with each other in a way that Ichika can't be with the other girls (just yet). Chifuyu is aware of this and when it's just the two of them - she allows it, sometimes even encourages it. And it's also why she doesn't want to hand Ichika off just yet.

It's a curse because I can't hand off Chifuyu to any other guy other than Ichika for the same reasons... I can't see her being as comfortable around another guy other than Ichika. I mean, seriously, I highly doubt if my own sister would wearing something like that bikini solely because I preferred it. Just saying...
What you said pretty much describes the Orimura siblings' relationship with each other.
Guess you understand that dynamics of the Orimura siblings more.
Four smiles for you sir.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 00:18   Link #53663
Ignition Boost

That makes me want to ship Ichika x Chifuyu too

Forbidden love is the sweetest love anyway
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 00:29   Link #53664
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Can blame him. Guess that Izuru had put him in the wrong genre - that is Visual Novel MC, not Light Novel MC.

That remind me, what is the most ambition that OC pilots usually aim? Mostly it's just "serving my military duty" or so.

Reverse of Jedi Code: Sith Code.
Yeah. A lot of fanfics fall into that trap when they become too serious. What I'm working on (which I have no idea how it would end) is a lighthearted military man who was conscripted, and he must choose between defecting from his mother land (Russia) along with his IS, or stay in the Russian military and potentially be used as a weapon, all while staying true to his personality, be it in the dropship (from the IS deployment method in s2e12) or the dorm.

Also, any ideas for the name of the Russian mass produce IS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition Boost View Post
That makes me want to ship Ichika x Chifuyu too

Forbidden love is the sweetest love anyway
Help! they're becoming pro orimu-cest faster than I can make jokes about it and procrastinate my fanfic writing!
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 00:48   Link #53665
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Give up, bitmeister, the Orimucest hivemind is unstoppable
Old 2014-06-24, 00:50   Link #53666
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

That remind me, what is the most ambition that OC pilots usually aim?
Every single one of mine wants to be an Idol Stratos.

But there are undertones of regimentation in the background, which was deliberate. It's to mock the acceptance of child soldiers dressed as students for a blood sport dressed as school competition. However, the girls themselves truly believe they are idols, and the story unfolds when these idols clashed with the forces that birthed them.
Old 2014-06-24, 00:51   Link #53667
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Give up, bitmeister, the Orimucest hivemind is unstoppable
Sadly, yes. And if that was supposed to be a name for the mass-prod Russian IS, that's a tad too long.
Old 2014-06-24, 00:59   Link #53668
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Izuru has no respect for Russian, just picking random exotic English words should work.

Of course, if you want theme naming, you need to define what kind of I.S. they are
Old 2014-06-24, 01:06   Link #53669
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I thought there wasn't a "Russian" Stratos space frame, just a mob of mafia-bankrolled units from other countries. I depicted them as the "Morinho's Chelsea" of IS, a hodge podge of star pilots and advanced private units paid by privatized cartels.
Old 2014-06-24, 01:15   Link #53670
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Let's talk canon meister. Even if there isn't much in there.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 01:29   Link #53671
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Im looking for canon, so yeah, Also, for my design, we can learn a lot from the design of the raphale revive, and figure out why its so popular. First, its adaptability. Considering how it is able to have a large assortment of weapons, it has a crazy amount of bus slots. Also, it must be functional. Sure, a nice paint job can improve its looks, but since a majority are painted OD green, I assume they are marketing towards countries, who are the only ones who have enough cash to bankroll mass orders, and are arming up their army "for defensive purposes". (Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhttttttt.....)

Oh, and of course, it has to actually be good enough all around for mass production.
Old 2014-06-24, 01:30   Link #53672
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Or you know, Russian MIGHT be operating Rafale.

Just like USA did in the anime

When they said 'mass production', twenty or thirty could be considered a lot. And Rafale are ranked third (first being Uchigane)
Old 2014-06-24, 01:31   Link #53673
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@babylon: Talking about Idol make me thinking about this particular article about "soft power": http://fantasticmemes.wordpress.com/...dom/#more-2862

So, how could the feminism gain momentum? Mass Media is one important aspect. Flooding the portals with news about successful women, as well as how pathetic man is. Then there is the culture, crafting one so that it could shape a new generation of man and woman respectively.

In one way, Idol is a part of it.
Old 2014-06-24, 01:37   Link #53674
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:

When they said 'mass production', twenty or thirty could be considered a lot. And Rafale are ranked third (first being Uchigane)
Theres still that gap. Maybe theres a mass produced chinese.. Or, y'know, a Russian one...
Old 2014-06-24, 01:46   Link #53675
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The logical explanation is either Russia or Chinese mass producing the second rank, of course.
Old 2014-06-24, 02:07   Link #53676
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Seitokaichou is a Russian hired gun. I'll just draw all the conclusions I need from there because that's how much Canon there is.

Quote:

I wouldn't be surpassed if Russians had lots of Rafale to be honest.

And sadly, I believe the US frames being Rafales is animation team being lazy or Izuru being stupid. I'm all for the US making their own stuff because that's just what they do. Buying Rafales is a EU and the rest of world thing.

Another thing IS got wrong that I will fix, though Stark had a huge part in it thanks to wavecrack.

Quote:
@babylon: Talking about Idol make me thinking about this particular article about "soft power": http://fantasticmemes.wordpress.com/...dom/#more-2862

So, how could the feminism gain momentum? Mass Media is one important aspect. Flooding the portals with news about successful women, as well as how pathetic man is. Then there is the culture, crafting one so that it could shape a new generation of man and woman respectively.

In one way, Idol is a part of it.
You got it. And it all started with Tabane calling herself the world no 1 idol.
Old 2014-06-24, 02:59   Link #53677
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Remember how I said we need an anime villain that does evil stuff just because he can? I'm thinking why IS doesn't have Adachi in there. It would be hilarious.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 03:22   Link #53678
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Remember how I said we need an anime villain that does evil stuff just because he can? I'm thinking why IS doesn't have Adachi in there. It would be hilarious.
Adachi from P4 ?That guy is so f*cked up, then compare to the usual villain in SMT games, he's just a small fry.
Now that I think about it, IS is really different from the usual mecha genre. Most of the main cast (except the big players like Chifuyu, Tabane, Tatenashi) lack a goal to use IS seriously. Even comparing to the usual school battle LN, manga, the whole reasons for them to pilot IS is too ... I don't know... lame, I guess. I think Laura phrased it best here:
Quote:
They have too little sense of danger, they think that IS is a trendy thing
I think the only think that can make IS fics better than the original is that they have a clear goal for the characters instead of just messing around.
And I just realize that I just rant like a lunatic here.
Still, anyone simply think of giving Ichika a simple shounen-ish type goal to pilot. Even childish one like "being able to stand a long side Chifuyu-nee " would be nice.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 03:42   Link #53679
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Meister: But truly, it's very, very fast. To reverse the Man-Woman relation, it would had taken 3 generations (30 years) or more for it to be accepted consciously, and 5 generations for it to be a fact.

So what is the catalyst?
Old 2014-06-24, 03:47   Link #53680
Eratas123

The society really doesn't make much sense if you put it under scrutiny. Feminist does not equal Misandrist, as many feminists will tell you. Being pro womens rights doesn't automatically make you against mens rights and vice versa. The idea that the whole world became like this is silly, particularly in some specific places.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest