AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-21, 16:36   Link #11881
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No kidding. Thats why it is still sitting in my garage right now, and the only tier 6 in my possession.

- Tak
Went through your WoT profile and saw that you only played 2 tier 6 tanks, so that's understandable. If you're interested in expanding your choice of tier 6 tanks, I suggest the Hellcat, T-150, M6, and Cromwell. And, if you want something that is both fun to play and makes you the focus of much rage and tears, the FV304.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 16:41   Link #11882
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
The mods didn't upgrade their engine and gun on their IS and were mad he called them out.
Almost made me spill. It's just water, but still...

Speaking of getting banned... anyone talked to onee-sama recently? Looks like she just got RO'd on wot forum as well.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 17:00   Link #11883
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Went through your WoT profile and saw that you only played 2 tier 6 tanks, so that's understandable. If you're interested in expanding your choice of tier 6 tanks, I suggest the Hellcat, T-150, M6, and Cromwell. And, if you want something that is both fun to play and makes you the focus of much rage and tears, the FV304.
I only have the KV-1s. I think you are looking at whatever came after the Pz IV, which is sold right after I acquired the Tiger.

My requirements are very... unique.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 17:10   Link #11884
Gravitas Free Zone

I just sacrificed a Top Gun for my M8A1 for an Invader, because I didn't feel like chasing two SPGs all over Siegfried Line.

Perhaps more alarmingly, the three surviving medium tanks on my team ended up clumped together in the middle of the map, only then were able to kill one PzSflb that was desperately racing away from me, (because our SPG nearly rammed it) and never bothered to move to find the other one.

Meanwhile, I was driving in circles on the cap watching blind fire miss me. I still ended up with a High Caliber.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 17:19   Link #11885
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
My requirements are very... unique.
I take it you're into brawling with tanks that have a decent balance of armor and mobility (e.g. not the E-100).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Meanwhile, I was driving in circles on the cap watching blind fire miss me.
Unless you're spotted, it's so much better to just sit still in a place you expect the enemy SPG to not hit. Driving around on the cap makes your tank "longer" for all practical purposes; you have a chance of driving into an HE splash added to the chance of it hitting you initially.
Old 2014-02-21, 17:36   Link #11886
Gravitas Free Zone

I'll admit to being morbidly curious about whether the other people on my side would have been able to win if I'd been killed. (See aforementioned mid-map gawking.) Maybe they thought that I'd go for the Top Gun, but no one asked me anything.

Not driving around makes some sense. It's interesting to see how different SPG players handle blind-fire reset attempts; this guy blew up all the cover first and then... gave up. I've also seen people shoot the open areas in patterns, expecting that people will not camp in the obvious locations.
Old 2014-02-21, 17:51   Link #11887
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I take it you're into brawling with tanks that have a decent balance of armor and mobility (e.g. not the E-100).
You seen me get Top-Gun in Ensk and Highway. The KV-1s has the right size to maneuver through urban zones and the right gun to hit hard. It has laughable accuracy, but then again...

Now, I've been lucky. I have, on numerous occasions, killed tanks across an entire map!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 20:26   Link #11888
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I finally sold the Pz.Kpfw. 4 on my main account... a few hours before finding out that it was on a 50% discount.

Edit: Top 50 NA clans for CW:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Tempester; 2014-02-21 at 21:07.
Old 2014-02-21, 22:37   Link #11889
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Not exactly an IS replay on Komarin, but a triple IS-3 match on the same map. Shows exactly WHY it's important to secure the middle, but at the same time have competent heavies moving up from the east (if you start south anyway).
Old 2014-02-22, 05:54   Link #11890
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Once again, my old account got broke T_T Literally, that`s why I have my reroll ready( I still have that tetrarch untouched in the garage).

Who said that Komarin is a garbage map I just helped my team a lot using my Jadgtiger 8.8(in my first account). Damn I did a total of 5k potential damage. Really that TD need a backup, because it can change the outcome but that`s just me.

I tried playing SPG today, it turns out I`m a noob on that class. I dont even know how to properly play it . I suppose I`ll stick to my TDs since I feel much calmer in firing shots at distance but I will not rush tier again last time where I got my T25/2 resulting big credit lost.

German TDs..I think I`ll like them because of high pen.

BTW, SU-85 is a bit off now to me(I currently have the 2nd gun..Not the derp gun, I mean the one near the best gun). Should I stay still every time I play Soviet TD?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 18:26   Link #11891
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I've heard that Komarin isn't as bad as it was when it first came out (where a team apparently had absolute view range if they managed to gain center), but the map is still one of where knowledge of the game's vision mechanics is vital.

Fruitful session last night by the way, with Kancolle on the side. Managed to get back to my pre-Christmas levels, and what's more, managed to get both my ST-1 and my IS-6 out of the negatives, and my PTA is also something like 4 wins away from breaking 50%. Not sure if I can play again like that tonight though, but hey, I can actually buy the Leo 1 now.
Old 2014-02-22, 19:33   Link #11892
Gravitas Free Zone

Since 8.11 the "Auto" connection option on the login screen remains at "Auto" even when I want to leave it on NA East. (Set it to East, log in, finish game, quit, log in, see that it's gone back to Auto.)

Usually it does put me in NA East, but lately it's been shunting me to West and I haven't always noticed... except that it gets choppier than usual.
Old 2014-02-22, 19:37   Link #11893
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Ooh, shiny.

Images

Apparently this is what it takes for me to win today.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 19:27   Link #11894
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Got enough funds now to buy the Leo 1, and finally get a tier 10, though I'm not really sure if I'm going to be up to playing a tank that's the equivalent of an end-tier Hellcat. Oh well, will now just have to boost the PTA's win stats to positive before moving the crew.

The STA-1 reminds me so much of the Indienpanzer, what with its slow acceleration, dinky armor, and low-alpha gun. However, unlike the Indien, I don't think I've ever bounced anything with the STA, but I like the fact that it has HEAT. Useful for hitting those big tier 10s.
Old 2014-02-23, 20:49   Link #11895
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Got enough funds now to buy the Leo 1, and finally get a tier 10, though I'm not really sure if I'm going to be up to playing a tank that's the equivalent of an end-tier Hellcat. Oh well, will now just have to boost the PTA's win stats to positive before moving the crew.
If you can play the PTA effectively, the Leopard 1 should be fun. It fixes two main problems with the PTA: the mediocre depression and poor DPM. And the rest is just a straight-up upgrade.
Old 2014-02-24, 00:00   Link #11896
Gravitas Free Zone

If the enemy Matilda platoon had taken the same path and concentrated their fire, they likely would have won, given a small map like Tundra.

They did not, meaning that my dirty sneaky M8A1 had plenty of time to handle them piecemeal.

Images
Though it wasn't easy.

Turns out my first Ace Tanker in the M8A1 still had more XP than this game.
Old 2014-02-24, 02:24   Link #11897
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Spoiler for When in Doubt, Do something stupid:
Old 2014-02-24, 03:19   Link #11898
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Win rate in the IS-6 went down by 5% this weekend. WN8 probably went up though.

The control of the battle outcomes one has in solopubbing is pretty depressing. Damage means nothing.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 04:04   Link #11899
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Win rate in the IS-6 went down by 5% this weekend. WN8 probably went up though.

The control of the battle outcomes one has in solopubbing is pretty depressing. Damage means nothing.
At least mine(not my WR in my profile, I`m testing the T-34 in my test account) is the worst(This is SEA I am talking about), it has the WR of 49.99%. Supposedly given a big number of bots, account buyers and some players who does not know how to take cover and not being way too open in a fight(I mean this is a shooting game, you cant get caught open in exchange of fire)-.-"

I can play T-34 like a boss now This should be a good news since I mastered the playstyle(I feel like Jack of Trades lol ), once I can find a headset w/ mic to go back to NA.

My Dad already have the headset w/mic sample, all he need now is to find a customer who is willing to sell it. If he finds one, I can ask one
Old 2014-02-24, 08:42   Link #11900
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks